少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Oricon Music DVD Daily Chart

New Beginning DVD

--------- 1st week #3

--------- 2nd week #8

--------- 3rd week #8

--------- 4th week #4

today they still got #5 with many newly released dvds so I'm pretty sure the sales will reach 40k soon

@snowqueen13

that is the peak rank of Total DVD weekly chart which is no.4

the profile page will update with 1 week delay

that mean the rank of single that will be out next week will not be on the profile page

you have to wait another week for the profile page to be update

snsd will start their promotion soon to expand the fan base like what kara did

I think this is a good start

snsd still not show their charm to Japan public yet

Guest tantungnam

Anyone knows when the sale figure come out? It's already around 8p.m. in Japan already and all we know is the ranked number not an actual sale?

Btw, im not saying this to compare w/ any other artist, but look at how the girls doing in their debut among Korean artists. They're doing fine and dont forget they will not focus 100% on Japanese market as CEO of SM said earlier in an interview. Sept.08 is a start of a new era and soon they'll be #1 Asian girl group. I believe in his words, so you guys better have faith on our girls. Worrying is fine but dont make it bother you too much :)

and soon they'll be #1 Asian girl group

Keke SNSD is already Asia's #1 Girl Group ! :P Let's not forget that beside South Korea, they topped charts in Thailand, Taiwan and the Philippines with 'Oh!'. Now, they're doing well in Japan. :) Their popularity is no joke EVERYWHERE in Asia.

Whatever happens in Japan SNSD is and will stay Asia's best girl group ! SM said it themslves. :P

this is very disappointing and shameful for snsd. they've got beaten up by an AKB48 "SUBGROUP" in the first day of their debut single in the most richest country in asia (insert facepalm icon here). where are the k-sones? the international fans? the hype that they're creating overseas? it is definitely not visible today. i hope more sones will get fired up with these low sales numbers and buy the single in the next day. no.1 in thailand? philippines? taiwan?  pfft  they've got to get their feet up in japan first because there is where all the international recognition are.excl.gif

Guest mydeeryoona

Universal Music Thailand will released GENIE single soon

and It will be a lot cheaper so Thais will buy that instead

same as Korea they also released Single in Korea too

so not all the fan will import the cds

and akb48 sub group can sell 80k in the first week

snsd is rookie and still grow

their sales cannot be predicted so just wait for our girls promotion

Guest snowqueen13

this is very disappointing and shameful for snsd. they've got beaten up by an AKB48 "SUBGROUP" in the first day of their debut single in the most richest country in asia (insert facepalm icon here). where are the k-sones? the international fans? the hype that they're creating overseas? it is definitely not visible today. i hope more sones will get fired up with these low sales numbers and buy the single in the next day. no.1 in thailand? philippines? taiwan?  pfft  they've got to get their feet up in japan first because there is where all the international recognition are.excl.gif

you have to consider that these groups are really popular and ak548 whether just a sub unit or not is still japan's top girl group.. and snsd is practically a rookie in that country...  arashi is really hard to beat selling 200, 000 plus albums in one day... even other kpop artists didnt make it to number 1 right away they have to work hard for it..

LOL why i feel that person is a troll XD XD XD

everyone knows japan in another market unlike thai phil taiwan

even those japanese artist wont beat let's say snsd wg dbsk suju BB when they debut in korea

all have to start again from the beginning, we all Sones know snsd will start at the beginning

even snsd girls said the same thing!!!

they wont just go round beating arashi or akb48 (sub grup or not) just like that @_@

Guest herojaejoong:)

If you guys look at the bigger picture, Arashi, Glay, French Kiss, Houkago then SNSD. Talk about accomplishment! Those four names are big in the Japanese market, not to mention how long they've been idols(Arashi just celebrated their 10th anniv). And to see SNSD just right behind them, wasn't that so awesome? Kudos to Japanese SONES. I wish they'll continue to support the girls.

Think of it this way. Starting debut in korea, the idea that SNSD`s popularity and influence would be on par with that of among BB, SUJU, DBSK was laughable. But it happened.

If their debut was EASY then it wouldn`t be fun or exciting for the girls would it? This will make them work even harder, no?

Guest eyeless201

French Kiss is also a rookie, this is their debut single. Japan is one tough market after all

I think topping Japan market is actually worth a lot more than other country in Asia. Let see how the girls do with the next single.

French Kiss is also a rookie, this is their debut single. Japan is one tough market after all

I think topping Japan market is actually worth a lot more than other country in Asia. Let see how the girls do with the next single.

french kiss is not a rookies..they are the sub-unit of akb48..

as akb48 is currently the most popular girls group in japan, so basically as expected any of their single will do well in chart..

p/s oops i top the post..but i have nothing to share, sorry...

Guest tantungnam

French Kiss is a rookie but as a subunit of AKB48, it's no joke. It's like SS501 during first quarter of 2009 when 2/5 members were away busying w/ their schedules while the other 3 members form a subgroup, and you know what happen next. SS501 might not be the most popular group in Korea but AKB48 is the most popular girlgroup right now in Japan.

Thus it's not fair comparing SNSD w/ French Kiss. I dont know much about Jpop but enough to know who Arashi and Glay are, so to be perfectly honest, #5 is the highest possible rank that our girls can achieve on the first day.

@Talesy: i dont say they're #1 yet because they still need to conquer Japan. I ask my Chinese friends and they all know SNSD, so their popularity in China is quite good. Quick survey but trust me, if these kids know who SNSD are, there're large amount of people also know them. Dont forget the fact that their concert in Shanghai was a big success. Taiwan, Philippines, Thailand are all down now. Just a little more and then, they will OFFICIAlLY become #1, that no one can deny it. I hate how antis saying stuff about our girls based on little things. When you show them proof, they wont (or cant) say a word :D

Guest diioxide

People are expecting so much from these 9 girls.

Don't forget the days they were just a rookie. We were so happy just because they got to perform on a show.

We celebrate overnights when they took home their first award. We laugh and spazz our a** off about their few variety shows.

But now everyone is expecting them to become the top of everything.

Just because people and media turned their attention to the girls while giving them this burden called "Asia's Girl Group" or "Nation's Girl Group" Fans also get the hyped of these salutation as we're forgetting that they're just 20 years old girls who know how to dance and sing!!

This is a not a piece of cake you know, going to a new country, knowing no language or culture.

That's why people like silis has to keep reminding us how tough it actually is, not just on these articles with pretty pictures.

We'll be seeing them introduce themselves through tv shows repeatedly just like 3 years ago once again.

Just remember what maknae used to say "We are all nervous from the fact that we are given a new chance. We will always try hard not to forget our original intention." and so should the fans ^_^