少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest SophiaPia

looks like snsd didn't won tonight GDA :(

i saw a tweet earlier that they won bonsang but looks like it's not true :(

some one can confirm pls. if the girls win or not 

thanks

Guest LaBrosse

You can't win an awards show, just like how a video game can't win the Spike Video Game Awards, or how a movie can't win the Emmys.

To answer your question, no, they didn't win the daesang (or anything, really) because of GDA's no-show-no-award policy.

Guest SophiaPia

You can't win an awards show, just like how a video game can't win the Spike Video Game Awards, or how a movie can't win  the Emmys.

To answer your question, no, they didn't win the daesang (or anything, really) because of GDA's no-show-no-award policy.

Thanks for the reply. I knew the girls will not win tonight coz of that policy 

it's just that i've confused w/ that tweet that they won, then suddenly it's say it's fake 

so tomorrow will be the girls night

Thanks

Guest nuttyvelvet

You can't win an awards show, just like how a video game can't win the Spike Video Game Awards, or how a movie can't win the Emmys.

I thought GDA is one of the most prestige awards in korea? How come they are not around?

Any other awards that are worth waiting?

Guest SophiaPia

11th Jan 2012

23rd International Jewellery Tokyo 2012 

the girls' receive 'Japan Best Jewellery Wearer Special Award for Female Category'

wp8ac.jpg

6o4gp.jpg

cr. as tagged

Guest snowqueen13

2011 Gaon Chart Annual Best Selling Albums #1-15

Totals are based on latest available Gaon monthly sales data, please consider it preliminary until Gaon releases official annual rankings.

1. Girls' Generation 'The Boys' - 385,348

2. Super Junior 'Mr.Simple' - 343,348 (Repackage 129,894, total 473,242)

3. TVXQ '왜(Keep Your Head Down)' - 266,727 (Repackage 60,709, total 327,436)

4. JYJ 'In Heaven' - 220,142 (Special Edition 62,790, total 282,943)

5. BEAST 'Fiction And Fact' - 142,644

6. BIGBANG 'Mini Album Vol.4 Tonight' - 134,835

7. Super Junior 'Mr.Simple Repackage' - 129,894

8. CNBlue 'First Step' - 116,028

9. Kim Hyun Joong 'Break Down EP' - 114,586

10. Kim Hyun Joong 'Lucky 2nd Mini Album' - 106,148

11. KARA '3rd Album STEP' 100,880

12. 2PM 'Hands Up' - 100,428

13. BIGBANG 'Special Edition' - 87,894

14. 2NE1 '2nd Mini Album' - 86,259

15. IU 'Last Fantasy' - 71,589

Other notables:

Infinite 'Over The Top' 57,125 + 'Paradise(Repackage)' 61,794, Total 118,919

f(x) 'Pinocchio 54,987 + 'Hot Summer Repackage' 46,032, Total 101,019

:wub:

credit: HeartofThe9

Congratulations to SNSD~~

Guest HyperionZ

:wub:

credit: HeartofThe9

Congratulations to SNSD~~

Yeah, congrats to the girls for having the top selling album of 2011. Quite a feat to outsell even the top boybands in albums, so proud of them doing well in both Korea and Japan. Also, I hope they do well tonight at GDA. Although I don't expect anything big, but I will hope for the best.

Also, I hope they do well tonight at GDA. Although I don't expect anything big, but I will hope for the best.

They just did, they won Digital Bonsang award :-)

Guest jonejone

congrats too snsd for winning Digital Bonsang award . so happy for them. they all look so beautiful at the GDA.. cant wait too see what snsd going too release in 2012

Guest Taengoo158

Can some one explain where does the digital result used in GDA marking come from?

For the disk award, aren't they using the sales from hanteo? or maybe gaon?

Guest YukiAgne

384465_296962670349531_185154358197030_807840_1173015413_n.jpg

407630_296953793683752_185154358197030_807827_1775633489_n.jpg

‎[Trans] SNSD Speech for winning Digital Daesang 2011 @  GDA: 

"Thanks to everyone who made it possible for us to stand at this honourable position. After last year, we are given good award again, we feel proud. We will continue developing ourselves to repay all the people who helped us stand at this highest place. SONE, we love you!"

SNSD is the 2nd winner of consecutive 3 daesang in GDA, after Kim Keonmo (1994-1996)

SNSD is the first female group for winning 3 daesang in a row. 2009-2011

cr to:imwhywhy

Guest HyperionZ

Incredible! Congrats to SNSD for continuing to make history and setting new heights each and every year. Truly, congrats for 3 straight years with a daesang. They continue to amaze me yet again, and I hope the same results for the upcoming Seoul Music Awards.

Guest imcutek

Yay! snsd won :w00t: The girls are making history, Im so proud of them. Hopefully they get the world tour they keep mentioning (are you listening sm?) . They also have the best selling album:lol: does anyone know how much mr.Taxi sold?

Guest snowqueen13

Incredible! Congrats to SNSD for continuing to make history and setting new heights each and every year. Truly, congrats for 3 straight years with a daesang. They continue to amaze me yet again, and I hope the same results for the upcoming Seoul Music Awards.

If SM gave us a repack album, SNSD "might"  surpass the 500k mark sales... however I was glad SM didn't because SNSD was too busy and they didn't fully promote Mr.Taxi.

If they win Daesang at SMA it would be a triple treat.. ( 3 GDA Daesangs + 3 SMA Daesangs ) :o

Edit: I topped?  :o Have some SNSD  although I would have to say that Yul looked like a Ms. Korea contestant in that outfit... :D

htm_20120112181719c010c011.jpg

Guest HyperionZ

If SM gave us a repack album, SNSD "might"  surpass the 500k mark sales... however I was glad SM didn't because SNSD was too busy and they didn't fully promote Mr.Taxi.

If they win Daesang at SMA it would be a triple treat.. ( 3 GDA Daesangs + 3 SMA Daesangs ) :o

Edit: I topped?  :o Have some SNSD  although I would have to say that Yul looked like a Ms. Korea contestant in that outfit... :D

*quoted image*

I think SNSD has a good chance to win their 3rd consecutive Seoul Music Awards. Compared to the other award shows, the SMA Daesang is comprised of a combination of digital and album sales, instead of 2 separate Daesang categories. This bolds quite well for SNSD obviously because SNSD is one of the rare artists that is very strong in both digital and album sales. They should definitely be the favorites for this award and from what I can see, I don't see any other group that comes close. SNSD has reached legendary status in Korea already, but now they are going to new heights that haven't been reached before, creating their own legacy that might not be matched. Really proud of the girls.

Guest HyperionZ

Interview with Girls’ Generation After Winning Their Third Golden Disk Daesang

rPZle.jpg

Girls’ Generation, who has been active in Asia and all around the world,  held the digital Golden Disk daesang and shed hot tears. Girls’  Generation made their first steps on the Golden Disk Award stage in  2007, receiving the rookie award with “Into the New World”. In 2009,  they received the digital Golden Disk daesang with “Tell Me Your Wish”,  and also received the daesang the following year with “Hoot”. They were  able to receive the digital daesang for “The Boys” once again this year.  After the award ceremony ended, we met with the members, who were  hugging one another, enjoying their happiness backstage.

-What were your thoughts when you were called for the daesang?

(Taeyeon) ”I’m really thankful. Because they called us in Japanese, I  didn’t hear it well at first and was taken aback. It turned out they had  called Girls’ Generation. (laughs) I can’t stop smiling even now. I’m  reminded of last year. We shed tears of joy last year, too. I’m happy  they gave it to us again this year.”

-Did you predict your win?

(Tiffany) ”I wanted to receive it. (laughs) But I was nervous because  there were other talented and great singers. I told myself I’d be  satisfied even without an award because we worked hard last year. But  I’m thankful we were given the award.”

-Is there anyone you’re thinking of right now?

(Sooyoung) ”I would have to say our fans are the first to come to mind.  We were able to receive this award thanks to our fans. I’m thankful.”

-The members were all sad when receiving the daesang last year because  Tiffany wasn’t present due to an injured leg. This year must have been  more special because you received it all together.

(Tiffany) ”It felt really good. I think I was the happiest and most  excited. I’m happy being with my members and can only think of working  harder.”

-What kind of year was 2011 like for Girls’ Generation?

(Jessica) ”It was a very busy year. It was a year where we could meet  many fans overseas. If they wait a little, we will go to meet them  again.”

-You received the rookie award in 2007, digital daesang in 2009, and  Golden Disk daesang in 2010. You recieved the daesang again this year,  as well as a bonsang. You have a deep connection with Golden.

(Yuri) ”It’s a real honor. There were many good things after receiving  the awards. I think this year will be another happy year.”

-During the past 3 years, you didn’t miss a single daesang, getting the  digital daesang one year, the Golden Disk daesang the next, and the  digital daesang again this year. Girls’ Generation is the second singer  to receive the daesang for three consecutive years following Kim Gunmo.

(Yoona) ”I got goosebumps after hearing that just now. Ah, it feels  electrifying hearing ‘three consecutive years’ that I’m getting  goosebumps. Thank you, and we will work hard to show good results next  year with great performances.”

-You’ve been continuing to rise after your debut. But I think there  would have been times where you were tired as an individual. When was  that?

(Tiffany) ”There were always hard times, but I was able to overcome  those hard times because of my members. I’m thankful to my members.”

-Plans for 2012?

(Seohyun) ”We’ve been having a Japan arena tour since last year. We are  planning on continuing our concerts this year. While going around our  arena tour, I’ve gained a dream to have a world tour. I want to meet  with fans often.”

-A word to fans all over the world.

“Thank you for giving us such a big award. 2012 is also Girls’ Generation!”

Source: Sports Daily

Translated by: ch0sshi@soshified

Edited by: MoonSoshi9@soshified