少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest HyperionZ

Girls’ Generation Voted Most Popular Female Singer for First Half of 2012                                          

AKR20120418065700005_01_i.jpg

Lee’s PR, a research company, revealed on April 18th that Girls’  Generation was the most popular female singer in the first half of 2012.  1,329 people voted in the poll, awarding Girls’ Generation 26.9% of the  vote. Girls’ Generation beat IU, Wonder Girls, Baek Jiyoung, Lee Hyori  and Miss A to the top female singer spot. Other than a slight slip in  late 2011 where they fell down to number two, Girls’ Generation have  held the number one spot in the “Female Singer” part of the poll since  2009.

The poll results come as Girls’ Generation’s popularity is soaring  both in South Korea and worldwide. Their 2nd Asia Tour received  international love, but their popularity is not just limited to Asia.  The girls travelled to New York to film for “Late Show with David  Letterman” and “Live with Kelly”, and also held a fansign event during  their visit. The girls then attended “Music Bank in Paris”, further  extending their popularity into Europe. Although Girls’ Generation did  not promote much in Korea in the first half of 2012, their global  activities have made their fanbase even larger, truly making them  deserving of the title of “Most Popular Female Singer” of the first half  of 2012.

Source: Naver

Translation: Soshified.com

Guest Tetsuya9

120418 SNSD Mr Taxi Notebooks and Postcard

aavV47wI.jpg aagcpqeg.jpg aaweAuZV.jpg aawlnUoa.jpg aayNzAfW.jpg aamGZb2h.jpg aauLaFgg.jpg aaj4oAzO.jpg aadRpWLx.jpg aac32R7Y.jpg aam16DgH.jpg aak1KRF2.jpg

Credits : DVDHeaven ll zheming@SSF ll Tetsuya [sONEms.net]

120418 KBS Love Rain Official Pictures - Yoona

120418loverain.jpg120418loverain2.jpg120418loverain3.jpg120418loverain4.jpg120418loverain5.jpg120418loverain6.jpg

Credits : KBS ll Tetsuya [sONEms.net]

120418 Jessica @ Coming Step BTS Pictures

aaeskrH3.jpg aapyR5Jw.jpg aapcfb0U.jpg aalMCduE.jpg aapx01cN.jpg aacXG7c2.jpg aaeu7ENt.jpg aag1MbeL.jpg aamvePTS.jpg aafo1yLk.jpg aao24QGZ.jpg aah6kWi3.jpg aaxIY5sC.jpg aaxHnQjl.jpg aavXQMzI.jpg

Credits : sosiz ll Tetsuya [sONEms.net]

120418 Seohyun @ Beauty Center Fantaken Pictures HD

120418seo.jpg

120418seo2.jpg

Credits : baidu ll Tetsuya [sONEms.net]

Happy 233rd/24th Birthday to our Gongju-nim (Princess),

JUNG JESSICA!!!

생일 진심으로 축하드립니다~

항상 건강하세요~ 행복하세요~

May you have a blast and a happy birthday ^_^

:D:P;)^_^:lol::wub::w00t:

You're always my favorite unnie ^^

QOPnR.jpg

Your cuteness, your pout, always be my favorite ^^

Maiu1.jpg

Your weird way of holding chopstick and you laziness my troll material :D

LcICa.jpg

You do know that I always love you right ^^ ♥~

Guest ahamanman

Congrats on turning 23 Jessica :] I hope you will enjoy your day just  relaxing and hopefully celebrating with your friends, family and the  other SNSD members as well. You don’t have to worry about your youth  going away because you will be forever young. Us sones will take good  care of you and support you until the end so you have less things to  worry about. Thank you for staying and being yourself. ^^

Guest HyperionZ

201204190837311002_1.jpg

Well, the TaeNyHyun subunit is no longer rumor. Not really sure what to make of the pic. Its just really out there from what you would expect from SNSD or anything SM. I think I need to see the MV and song before I know what to think.

Well, the TaeNyHyun subunit is no longer rumor. Not really sure what to make of the pic. Its just really out there from what you would expect from SNSD or anything SM. I think I need to see the MV and song before I know what to think.

I don't particularly like the picture. It's kind of giving me an orange caramel feel, but we should know by now that we should never assume an SM released picture will be related to any part of the title song or actual concept. I'm glad we're getting some SNSD fix at least. I really hope the song shows off their vocal power.

This is not the reality I wanted :( taenysic <3

But I'm still okay with it since it's SNSD...hope they don't do something too cutesy like Oh!,

I'd prefer something like Baby Baby or maybe euro-pop/electronica. I think there voices would sound so hypnotic and amazing on a track like that.

Guest HyperionZ

Girls’ Generation’s subunit “Girls’ Generation–TaeTiSeo” will release their first mini-album “Twinkle” in the near future. The first incarnation of Girls’ Generation’s new subunit project, Girls’ Generation–TaeTiSeo is comprised of the amazing vocals of Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun. “Twinkle” is expected to be released on May 2nd, and listeners can look forward to the rich music and attractive vocals that will be featured.

SM Entertainment officially announced the creation of this new subunit on April 19th. They said in a statement, “Girls’ Generation’s subunit will feature the various talents of each Girls’ Generation member by changing the members of the unit according to the music and concept of each new subunit album. This subunit will aim to grab the attention of fans with all aspects of music, performance, and fashion styles.”

Source: Daum

Translated by: minigiglo@soshified

Edited by: taengsoshi@soshified, bhost909@soshified, residentbenchwarmer@soshified

I think this is interesting because the article is saying that all 9 members will be apart of this subunit when they release more albums with varying styles and music.

Guest -quiescent

Okay so I'm excited now! Seobaby is in it!!! YAY! 

All three voices together will be breathtaking! 

I actually quite like what SM are doing right now. Very stragetical! While some members are busy with solo activities (to help build their future for post-SNSD), they're utilising the remaining members to perform on stage to satisfy SONES and also for TaeNyHyun to showcase their vocals more. 

I think I may know why Sica wasn't picked for this unit. Reading what HyperionZ has posted - there'll be more units (another two groups of three) so perhaps next time it'll be Jessica-Yuri-Yoona? They all seem to click together and on CMs like Ace Bed it was TaeNyHyun and the Royal Family (YoonYulSic). And the fact that YoonYuls drama is finishing late next month, they can probably prepare soon. And Jessica will probably take lead as main vocals! 

Sooyoung is having a drama in May so she'll be busy throughout summer-autumn and HyoSun have IY plus Sunnys other activities such as MC and musical... So they might have a unit together as well! SooHyoSun! With Sunny being the main vocalist in the group most likely <3 

Anyway, these subunits are quite clever as I have noticed some girls are better suited to other genres of music than others. So letting the girls shine can be done this way through subunits.

I was doubtful of first, but come on this is SNSD. Not just any girlgroup, SM know what they're doing. I'm sure they've debated about this long enough behind the curtains anyway.

Guest happy go lucky

Oh my gawd I am so excited for TaeTiSeo!!! Although I said in an earlier post that I'm generally not a fan of subunits, I just can't help but be excited. AhhhH!!!!

-----

Birthday photos of Jess taken by Tiffany, so cool

(get it... cool... because she's ice princess... oh yeahhhhh *swishes fringe*).

dc14009b2d446490d516374e9f668cad_large.jpg

cr; soompi news

Guest LittlePinky82

I think this is interesting because the article is saying that all 9 members will be apart of this subunit when they release more albums with varying styles and music.

What does that mean though? They'll have the subunit but later all the members will sing the songs? I've seen that done before with other groups. Or does that mean that they'll switch members sometime on who will sing with the group? I'm just not fully sure haha. And they're called "Twinkle"? Shrug. I guess the name doesn't really matter to me though. I'm looking forward to hearing them  of course!

Seohyun's ost is already released today!

Sooyoung's ost was a false rumor.  Oh well, good luck on her drama~

Is Seohyun's official? Aw that stinks about Sooyoung's. I hope her drama does well. What is it about? I don't think I've heard much about it. Like the name lol. Sooyoung is my bias so I wanna see it. :-D I still need to check out "Love Rain." I have one more week left of the term and then I can watch it haha.

I love the "Love Rain" pictures. 

And happy belated to Jessica! I hope she had a really nice one.

Guest -quiescent

^ shouldn't it be Krystal looks like Yoona since Yoona is older than her :S

Anyway Sica looks so gorge in her bday pics <3

And if all the girls do make a comeback late this year or early next year, I hope it's a Japanese Album!!!

Guest GodOfSpeed

I don't really like the idea of sub units, in fact all the while I don't like sub units at all. I find it a waste of time for the fans, as the company just wants to churn out more money. Usually companies that make sub units from a group = expand their individual popularity. But for this case it's totally different, since each of the members are already seriously popular I don't see why the need to do that.

It all comes down to money I guess.

Guest HyperionZ

I don't really like the idea of sub units, in fact all the while I don't like sub units at all. I find it a waste of time for the fans, as the company just wants to churn out more money. Usually companies that make sub units from a group = expand their individual popularity. But for this case it's totally different, since each of the members are already seriously popular I don't see why the need to do that.

It all comes down to money I guess.

Yes, I do think a part of this subunit thing is SM trying to make even more money off SONEs. I think for SNSD, this subunit isn't really about popularity, at least not for this pairing. I do think it is to test out the korean market for some styles/concepts for SNSD when they are whole. It gives this trio something to do while some of the other members are still filming for their dramas. Maybe we will learn they were given more freedoms for this mini album they weren't given yet for their group albums. Hopefully, its something that will help and improve them when they get back to the group activities.