少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest lordbordem

Here are some recaps of Star Life Theater that i have been doing for the Soompi front page.

I know it's a bit late now with all the subs available now but i'm sure someone might appreciate it

[Recap] KBS2 "Star Life Theater – SNSD Edition Part One, The Girls Return."

http://www.soompi.com/news/recap-kbs2-star-life-theater-snsd-edition-part-one-the-girls-return

‎[Recap] KBS2 "Star Life Theater – SNSD Edition Part Two, The Girls Have Work To Do."

http://www.soompi.com/news/recap-kbs2-star-life-theater-snsd-edition-part-two-the-girls-have-work-to-do

‎[Recap] KBS2 "Star Life Theater – SNSD Edition Part Three, The Girls Have A Busy Life."

http://www.soompi.com/news/recap-kbs2-star-life-theater-snsd-edition-part-three-the-girls-have-a-busy-life

Part Four will be posted up within the next day or two

Enjoy~

Jessica lived in the US since 10 years old, then joined SM and moved to Korea. Tiffany was 15 when she came over. Jessica came over with her family, while Tiffany came alone.

I think you meant until the age of 10. :D

Anyway just wanted to tell you guys to watch Star Life Theater with SNSD. MUST WATCH. My favorite show from the girls in the past were definitely Factory Girls and Girls Go To School. I favor FG more because to me, I prefer watching them learn and experiencing new things(like how they had to do real intern work for Elle Girl Korea, something different than scripted shows for the entertainment industry.) But Star Life Theater is my current favorite.

Watching Star Life Theater made me appreciate the girls SO MUCH MORE. To be honest, as a Sone ever since their debut (actually i was already a Sone in July of 2007 when their predebut pictures were shown and rmb the corny term coined to them called "Super Girls"? lmao)... I tend to spazz lesser and lesser as time goes by. Meaning i wont think of them as much as when I was in the first 2-3 years of fandom. Unless they make a comeback or have a show, I wouldnt spazz or keep coming in for updates.

I think this is how fans gradually drop out of fandoms... you know how ppl usually say "I grew out of this phase".I always just assume I'm never dropping out of this fandom because I've followed them for such a long time but I was actually afraid that I would one day. and I am so glad that SLT came at this point amidst their The Boys promotion. SLT(Star Life Theater,sorry im too lazy to keep typing this title so pardon me ^^) showed me exactly how these girls are in their lives. So, so real. Just.. them telling us what they usually do and the kind crew who must have been exhausted following them around for their schedules. The simplicity of this 4 episode special is truly something that every show which features SNSD should have. No fancy stuff or script.

Without this show, I wouldn't have known that Seohyun goes to school taking the cab almost everyday and how happy she is with her group of non-celeb friends, Yuri doing her homework on her iPad in the friggin waiting room, Sooyoung's sincere essay and thoughts of being an artist, Jessica nitpicking over almost every detail of her fashion photoshoot and her wish of having her own fashion line and how Hyoyeon was sick during IY2 filming but still ate the live muddy octopus(?). And of course two particular moments which I teared/cried, one with Fany talking about how regretful she is for becoming more and more distant with her dad and the other, Sunny blaming herself for people's high expectations of her in IY2 yet she's not funny enough. We already know how hardworking most artistes are, including our girls. Knowing their appreciation for everyone who helped them along their way; high level of professionalism and finally, how each one of them knows the importance of the relationship within the group can affect their mood while working and realizing that the group will always be the ultimate priority ... I have no worries now that I will drop out of this fandom because I truly can't abandon these girls (and my most awesome fellow Sones❤) when I know that I can be a part of giving them the energy they need everytime they step on stage.

I wish these 4 episodes can extend till 10 episodes but these 4 episodes already made their impact on me and they've also proved how precious the girls that we love so much are... so i won't complain. :P

Zhang Li Yin revealed on her weibo that there will be an SMTOWN Christmas album!

圣诞快到了,刚录完sm圣诞专辑,现在正在放松心情,一杯热咖啡

Christmas is coming soon. Just finished recording SM Christmas album. Now relaxing my mood, (with) a cup of hot coffee.

Translated by aethia321

!!!

Guest awwimsosweet

Hanteo Top 10 Albums of girlgroup

#1 and #10 - Girls' Generation

zxD0u.png

Top 10 albums of the year , SNSD is the only one female artist on the list

P49Ou.png

cr @Chichinhu

It's amazing how SNSD managed to get in TOP 3 this year when they just released 'The Boys' last month (October 19)! 

Even surpassing Top boybands in Korea! WOW they're really scary! 

*Question* Does GDA counts Album + Repackaged (+ Version B/Special Ver.) sales?? Or only the Album (Ver. A) sales?

Guest IanChen

Hi Sones,

I have a ticket for 10th Dec 2011 Singapore concert ticket for sale. B14, row31 seat 6 on Dec 10th at cost price. My friend suddenly can't attend due to work. :( His boss need him to work on Saturday. Let me know if anyone you or your friends interested. Thanks

Guest Acnologia

Hanteo Top 10 Albums of girlgroup

#1 and #10 - Girls' Generation

*quoted image*

Top 10 albums of the year , SNSD is the only one female artist on the list

*quoted image*

cr @Chichinhu

It's amazing how SNSD managed to get in TOP 3 this year when they just released 'The Boys' last month (October 19)! 

Even surpassing Top boybands in Korea! WOW they're really scary! 

*Question* Does GDA counts Album + Repackaged (+ Version B/Special Ver.) sales?? Or only the Album (Ver. A) sales?

If I remembered correctly, GDA counts the Album+Repackaged+All the version types. SNSD won last year with Oh+RDR(Repack) sales. 

Guest HyperionZ

Here are some recaps of Star Life Theater that i have been doing for the Soompi front page.

I know it's a bit late now with all the subs available now but i'm sure someone might appreciate it

[Recap] KBS2 "Star Life Theater – SNSD Edition Part One, The Girls Return."

http://www.soompi.co...he-girls-return

‎[Recap] KBS2 "Star Life Theater – SNSD Edition Part Two, The Girls Have Work To Do."

http://www.soompi.co...have-work-to-do

‎[Recap] KBS2 "Star Life Theater – SNSD Edition Part Three, The Girls Have A Busy Life."

http://www.soompi.co...ave-a-busy-life

Part Four will be posted up within the next day or two

Enjoy~

Thank you very much for the recaps of the episodes so far. While waiting for subs of the show from Soshified, it is nice to understand their comments about certain things during the show and understanding their hardships.

I think you meant until the age of 10. :D

Anyway just wanted to tell you guys to watch Star Life Theater with SNSD. MUST WATCH.  My favorite show from the girls in the past were definitely Factory Girls and Girls Go To School. I favor FG more because to me, I prefer watching them learn and experiencing new things(like how they had to do real intern work for Elle Girl Korea, something different than scripted shows for the entertainment industry.) But Star Life Theater is my current favorite.

Watching Star Life Theater made me appreciate the girls SO MUCH MORE. To be honest, as a Sone ever since their debut (actually i was already a Sone in July of 2007 when their predebut pictures were shown and rmb the corny term coined to them called "Super Girls"? lmao)... I tend to spazz lesser and lesser as time goes by. Meaning i wont think of them as much as when I was in the first 2-3 years of fandom. Unless they make a comeback or have a show, I wouldnt spazz or keep coming in for updates.

I think this is how fans gradually drop out of fandoms... you know how ppl usually say "I grew out of this phase".I always just assume I'm never dropping out of this fandom because I've followed them for such a long time but I was actually afraid that I would one day. and I am so glad that SLT came at this point amidst their The Boys promotion. SLT(Star Life Theater,sorry im too lazy to keep typing this title so pardon me ^^) showed me exactly how these girls are in their lives. So, so real. Just.. them telling us what they usually do and the kind crew who must have been exhausted following them around for their schedules. The simplicity of this 4 episode special is truly something that every show which features SNSD  should have. No fancy stuff or script.

Without this show, I wouldn't have known that Seohyun goes to school taking the cab almost everyday and how happy she is with her group of non-celeb friends, Yuri doing her homework on her iPad in the friggin waiting room, Sooyoung's sincere essay and thoughts of being an artist, Jessica nitpicking over almost every detail of her fashion photoshoot and her wish of having her own fashion line and how Hyoyeon was sick during IY2 filming but still ate the live muddy octopus(?). And of course two particular moments which I teared/cried, one with Fany talking about how regretful she is for becoming more and more distant with her dad and the other, Sunny blaming herself for people's high expectations of her in IY2 yet she's not funny enough. We already know how hardworking most artistes are, including our girls. Knowing their appreciation for everyone who helped them along their way; high level of professionalism and finally, how each one of them knows the importance of the relationship within the group can affect their mood while working and realizing that the group will always be the ultimate priority ... I have no worries now that I will drop out of this fandom because I truly can't abandon these girls (and my most awesome fellow Sones❤) when I know that I can be a part of giving them the energy they need everytime they step on stage.

I wish these 4 episodes can extend till 10 episodes but these 4 episodes already made their impact on me and they've also proved how precious the girls that we love so much are... so i won't complain. :P

Thanks for the edit, that is what I meant, until 10 years old. :)

I definitely agree Star Life Theater made me appreciate them even more as a fan and how truly hardworking they are. Maybe I haven't seen this asked of other idol groups before, but I remember when 2am were interviewing SNSD for a Chuseok Special called the Idol Big Show on SBS. One of the questions from another girl group was "Are you guys happy right now?"

When I saw that question, I really though that was a bit odd to me. What kind of question is that to ask and why would they ask it? Maybe they were trying to see how SNSD felt about being so busy and demanded all over because they were the Top Girl Group at that moment. Maybe it meant "are they happy doing all the grueling work from being the most demanded girl group?" Are they asking this question to SNSD to see how it feels to be at the top of the mountain and do they get any enjoyment or happiness from that kind of schedule/demand?

I think everyone can agree that the life for typical idol group can be hard and grueling. Not only the most popular groups, but even the ones who are still just in the industry doing ok in the industry. But SNSD is at the pinnacle of these groups. They are the most demanded group out there for TV shows, photoshoots, CFs, etc. They have been sacrificing so much sleep and rest just so they can do these grueling schedules these past 4 years and it only continues to get worse as they grow more and more popular all around the world. Now instead of just heavy schedules around Korea doing all sorts of activities, they are also global hopping from city to city as well.

I remember driving down with lots of SONEs this January for the Soshified meetup that was working in-conjunction with SM. It was sudden and a quick decided trip, but a bunch of us did and we ventured down there quite early in the morning to get there for the meetup. Overall during that trip, I barely got any rest or sleep at all. I drove for like 8-9 hours each trip up and down California. During the meetup, I was volunteering as well so I was pretty tired and my mind was like mush. I couldn't concentrate that well and my face probably looked a bit like a zombie while I was working. Overall, I spent nearly 40+ hours not sleeping and I was just exhausted and mindless during that time. Your mind just doesn't work as well and your concentration is just shot. I could barely drive back home and had to let someone else drive the last 2 hours back.

Just using my own experience of how my lack of sleep affected me physically and mentally, I can really appreciate how SNSD is more than just professional and wonderful individuals, they are extraordinary people.

Guest imcutek

I'm pretty sure last week was their goodbye stage. K-sone's were confused when they heard the girls will be performing again on Music Bank. I'm guessing KBS asked SM if the girls could come out again so that they could be present to accept their award.

It doesn't really matter how K-chart works, because people who don't want SNSD to win will complain no matter what. K-chart used to be a Digital Chart, and people still complained when SNSD won 9 weeks in a row with Gee.

1. Start the game up.

2. Click "Account"

3. Click "Shop"

4. Click "6 Song Package"

This will give you option to play all the songs in both short or full mode. It will also boost your deck capacity to 43 cards. I think it costs $3.99 but it's worth it if you like rhythm games. Really entertaining.

Thanks! I knew that there would be more to it. Sm really is trying to get every penny out of me lol well snsd is worth it :D

I know this is late but I want to say I am thankful for snsd and fellow sones. Its nice to go to snsd's soompi thread or soshified and be surrounded by fellow sones. After going on allkpop and youtube for so long, Im tired of the anit's so its nice to find people who love snsd just as much as me. I know its past thanksgiving but I forgot to post here lol I also was reminded to post here after I shoved my face with leftovers. A little off topic but does anyone know if the girls with be in korea dec.27-jan2? also will they have events (fansignss,shows, etc)? I am going to korea, so if I could go to a fansign or something it would be awesome.

Guest HyperionZ

Thanks! I knew that there would be more to it. Sm really is trying to get every penny out of me lol well snsd is worth it :D

I know this is late but I want to say I am thankful for snsd and fellow sones. Its nice to go to snsd's soompi thread or soshified and be surrounded by fellow sones. After going on allkpop and youtube for so long, Im tired of the anit's so its nice to find people who love snsd just as much as me. I know its past thanksgiving but I forgot to post here lol I also was reminded to post here after I shoved my face with leftovers. A little off topic but does anyone know if the girls with be in korea dec.27-jan2? also will they have events (fansignss,shows, etc)? I am going to korea, so if I could go to a fansign or something it would be awesome.

From what I have seen, fansigns are usually done around time of promotions so more fans will buy albums. They should be attending year end shows around that time, so I would consider trying to attend something like that to see the girls at an event.

Guest kevcozha

Remember that SBS, KBS, and MBC do End of the Year Song Festivals (last 3 days of the year in that respective order.) If you can only go to one though I would say MBC since YulTi might MC again this year.

Note that sometimes there are multiple stages for these things (ie. MBC last year) so make sure to get the ticket for the right stage.

Guest awwimsosweet

314466_180650105361999_100002510337528_376004_1563710724_n.jpg

Hoot & The Boys (Japanese lic.) not included.

If I remembered correctly, GDA counts the Album+Repackaged+All the version types. SNSD won last year with Oh+RDR(Repack) sales.

Thanks... so just imagine if SNSD will also release The Boys Repackaged + Special ver. or whatever (i see boy groups always release Ver.B or Special ver. aside from the Repack), we could have another shot in Disk Daesang.

Guest awwimsosweet

^ thats old pic

"'The Boys' was played 20 times on KBS this week, excluding those  repeated in the same programme. The score of 20 times worths 66000  albums."

cr @imwhywhy

Predictions for next week Music Bank:

Due to the high broadcast rate of "The Boys" (20 times on KBS along),  the minimum broadcast score SNSD will get shouldn't be less than 5000.

The minimum score for broadcast already can cover the score difference  in digital and album with Lee Seung Gi and Wonder Girls. Not mentioning  the maximum score which can go up as high as 8000, our victory should be  pretty secured.

For People's choice, we should be at advantage too.

Overall, it's quite safe for SNSD to obtain their 6th win for Mubank  next week, all thanks to the broadcast scores. We will be leading  overall even if our broadcast score turns out to be the lowest possible  score.

Of course, to k-sone who are always working hard on albums and digital, we should thank them too.

;

This is written based on predictions from 탱랄라님 from DC.

탱랄라님 수고하셨어요.                                                

cr @imwhywhy

put it this way

broadcast points is 20%

so it's 40,000 points

75% is TV Broadcast 25% is Radio Broadcast

then TV Broadcast is 30,000

let's say The Boys play 20 times out of 120 total songs plays

then it's 5,000 points from TV broadcast alone

Album points is now 5%

so it's 10,000 points

suppose total album sales this week is 100,000

then 66,000 album sales is 6,600 points

cr @TaeNy is Real

I'm not really having a high expectation for 6th win in MuBank, but it will be really amazing if they win.

5 wins is already daebak... only Suju and SNSD have won 5 k-charts this year.

and remember MuBank recently changed their point system during SNSD's comeback but our girls still prevailed and won 5th k-chart. Like a boss. 8D