[Upcoming Drama 201?] Love Song 러브송 aka Tian Mi Mi 첨밀밀

Guest o-cha

Guest o-cha

[KBS? / SBS?] Yoon Eun Hye lovesongq.jpg

Title : (Love Song)
PD
: Ji Young Soo (Oh!Pil Seung Bong Soon Young, Hello God, Flowers For My Life, My Fair Lady)
Scriptwriter : Oh Soo Yeon (Winter Sonata, Autumn Love Story)
Cast : Yoon Eun Hye
Production Company : Verdi Media (  르"" 미"")
Broadcast Station : KBS
First Broadcast : TBD
Broadcast Times : TBD
Number of Episodes : TBD
Official Site : TBD
Watching Live : TBD

The drama tells the story of Kim In Suh and Yoo Chae Hwa (Yoon Eun Hye); both are Koreans returning back to Korea after living in China. In Suh comes to Seoul to get the money for his sick fiance's medication while Chae Hwa comes to Seoul to escape loan sharks and to make a new successful life for her and her family. It was a happen chance when Chae Hwa stole In Suh's bag that they meet. They meet again shortly when In Suh moves in to the house next to Chae Hwa's. They get to know each other and In Suh learns of Chae Hwa's condition. In Suh feels his heart slowly moving towards Chae Hwa. Will he choose Chae Hwa or Yeon Ah, the fiance he left in China? And what about Chae Hwa? As she feels herself falling for In Suh, there is Kang Il--a man who loves her and who can be her ticket out of poverty.

This drama is a remake of the popular 1996 Chinese movie " (Tian Mi Mi / Comrades: Almost A Love Story).
The movie spanned over 10 years following the lives of two mainlanders who migrated to Hong Kong. They were involved in a love affair while living their lonely lives in Hong Kong. They had to separate for a while but eventually found each other again in the US years later.
The drama will differ in the background as it is revealed that background location will be Korea, China and Japan.

Post will be updated as more information surfaces.

Character Description:

Yoo Chae Hwa (Yoon Eun Hye)
here

Kim In Suh
here

Kang Il
here

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest o-cha

Park Yong-ha signs on to new drama

Park Yong-ha will be returning to television screens in a drama remake of the popular Chinese film Comrades: Almost a Love Story (aka Tian Mi Mi, or 첨밀밀 in Korean), which starred Maggie Cheung and Leon Lai. This makes it a year since Park’s last project (and one of my favorites), Story of a Man.

Writing will be Oh Soo-yeon of Winter Sonata (which catapulted Park to fame) and Autumn Love Story; directing is Ji Young-soo of Oh! Pil Seung Bong Soon Young. According to producers, the drama plans to begin filming in July, after they have cast their female lead. They are aiming to premiere the show by year’s end.

Comrades, described as an epic love story, enjoyed tremendous popularity in Asia and was the most successful foreign movie of 1997 in Korea. The story spans ten years and features two people who move to Hong Kong from mainland China, and find love and comfort in each other while living in the lonely city. Their relationship withstands a separation and continues when they reunite in New York, again immigrants in a big city.

I have no idea how this will translate to kdrama form, but it should be interesting? Too bad I didn’t like either Autumn Love Story or Winter Sonata, but I’m willing ti give this one a try.

Via Star News

cr: Dramabeans

Shooting is scheduled to begin at the end of July.

Broadcast is tentatively scheduled for the end of this year.

source: Sportsword

'첨밀밀’은 여주인공이 캐스팅 되는대로 7월말 촬영에 들어가 올 연말 방영할 예정이다.

As soon as the female lead for 'Tian Mi Mi' is cast shooting will begin at the end of July. Broadcast is planned for the end of the year.

also similar news here from KBS:

http://english.kbs.co.kr/Entertain/Enterta...ew.html?No=7396

Park Young Ha To Star in Remake Drama of Movie ‘Tianmimi’

[2010-05-28]

Hallyu star Park Young Ha has been cast as the male lead in the remake drama of the Hong Kong movie ‘Tianmimi,’ the production company Verdi Media reported in the news on May 27.

7396_1223_l.jpg

According to a person in the production company, the drama “Tianmimi” will be made in collaboration with writer Oh Soo Yeon, who has written dramas such as “Winter Sonata” and “Autumn Story,” together with production director Jo Young Soo, who made the drama “Oh! Pil-seung, Bong Soon-Young.” As soon as the female lead is cast, it will begin filming from the end of July. The target date for airing will be around the end of this year and the broadcasting station has not yet been decided.

The melodrama movie “Tianmimi” was made in 1996 by director Kexin Chen, and actor Liming and actress Maggie Cheung played the main male and female leads. The movie was a great success in Asian countries and it ranked atop the rankings in Korea among movies that people want to watch again.

A person in the production company said, “As the movie ‘Tianmimi’ has already proven itself by its three billion movie fans in Asian countries, we will do our best to produce a good drama with a Hallyu star and production staff members to make another Hallyu drama.”

Guest o-cha

Since the female lead hasn't been cast yet. Who do you guys think will be a good candidate?

If the remake is staying true to the movie then the female lead should be more of the independent, confident woman type.

A few actresses came to my mind:

Choi Ji Woo

Ha Ji Won

Lee Bo Young

Lee Da Hae

but then again that's just my wish list :lol:. They could change the story up a bit for all we know lol.

Still no news on female cast yet so everything is still wait and see.

I went to Yoon Eun Hye's thread and it seemed that she's taking a look at the drama script for Tian Mi Mi. Although we don't know how accurate that information is, it got me to making a few fake posters.

Since this will be a Hallyu drama I'm focusing more on hallyu actresses right now

Park Yong Ha & Choi Ji Woo

tmm13.th.jpg

Park Yong Ha & Yoon Eun Hye

tmm12.th.jpg

Park Yong Ha & Lee Da Hae

tmm11.th.jpg

Guest imogene_af

The film NEVER fails to make me cry. Maggie Cheung is just a goddess.

The female character here has to be spunky, sensual, street smart, flawed as hell, and yet very vulnerable.

We need an actress that can pull off a LOT of nuances. If YEH takes this on, it would be interesting because it will be nothing like she has ever done before.

The film focused a lot on the rift and the transition of Mainland China and Hong Kong... their "Almost A Love Story" was a symbolism of that the pull of old and new China.

What would they use for a Kdrama remake?

North and South Korea?

Guest o-cha

imogene: there you are! Finally someone else besides me post here :lol:

I love the movie. It's definitely one of the best romantic movie of all time.

I'm guessing they might do the North - South Korea angle? Or will they do it in China? That might work too. 2 Korean immigrants in HK/China then they go back to South Korea later on.

Yeah if YEH takes the role..it will be VERY different than anything she's ever tackled. I'd be intrigued to see how she'd tackle Maggie Cheung's role.

Ha Ji Won is a no for sure since she's doing that action 3D movie. Lee Da Hae? I'm still rooting for her. Choi Ji Woo? What is Choi Ji Woo up to after Actresses? Lee Bo Young?

Guest o-cha

News about the drama

Please excuse my translation and feel free to correct

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201006040730041001

워너브라더스, 박용하 주연 ‘첨밀밀’ 미주-중화권 배급 타진

Warner Brothers To Be Greater America and China Distributor For Park Yong Ha's 'Tian Mi Mi'

2010060407152321618_1.jpg

[뉴스엔 배선영 기자]

[Newsen] Bae Sun Young reporting]

“30억 아시아인을 사로잡은 추억의 영화 첨밀밀”

한국 드라마 최초 워너브라더스사 직접 미주, 중화권에 배급 타진

최근 드라마 ‘첨밀밀’(가제,러브 송)(제작 베르디 미디어)로 리메이크 되는 영화 ‘첨밀밀’의 저작권을 가

진 영화사 워너브라더스사가 드라마‘첨밀밀’의 미주, 중화권 방송 권리 선 판매를 요청해왔다.

Recently Warner Brothers,the copyright holder of the movie 'Tian Mi Mi', has requested to be the distributor for the 'Tian Mi Mi' drama (production comany Verdi Media) remake broadcasting rights in Greater America and Chinas.

1996년 제작된 영화 첨밀밀이 아시아권에 큰 사랑을 받은 화제의 영화이긴 하나, 한국에서 드라마로 리메이크된다는 사실만으로 미주, 중화권 방송 권리를 영화배급사가 직접 입도선매 하려는 경우는 국내에선 최초다.

In 1996 the movie 'Tian Mi Mi (Comrades: Almost A Love Story)' became a huge success in Asia. Now the movie distribution company wants to pre-emptively purchase distribution rights in Greater America and Chinas for the Korean drama remake.

제작사측은 "이번 계약이 확정되면 국내에선 최초로 아시아권을 넘어 전세계 전파를 타게될 것" 이라며 자신감을 내비쳤다.

A representative from the production company said with confidence "When the contract is finalized, the wave will go from domestic (Korea) to Asia and then to the whole world."

‘첨밀밀’은 1년 여 만에 복귀하는 박용하의 출연작으로 중국, 홍콩, 뉴욕을 배경으로 한 원작과는 달리 중국, 한국, 일본을 배경으로 새롭게 리메이크된다.

'Tian Mi Mi' starring Park Yong Ha, who is returning to TV after 1 year, will have one difference in the background of China, Korea and Japan in the new remake (as opposed to China, Hong Kong, New York in the original).

여명과 장만옥의 10년 에 걸친 지고지순한 러브라인은 ‘가을동화’ ‘겨울연가’의 오수연 작가와 ‘오필승 봉순영’ ‘아가씨를 부탁해’의 지영수 PD가 호흡을 맞춰 올 최고의 작품으로 기대를 모으고 있다.

Leon Lai and Maggie Cheung's pure loveline that spanned over 10 years will be tackled by scriptwriter Oh Soo Yeon of 'Autumn Love Story' and 'Winter Sonata' and PD Ji Young Soo of 'Oh! Pil Seung Bong Soon Young' and 'My Fair Lady'. We can expect a great work from their collaboration.

이에 한국 드라마 ‘첨밀밀’이 50억 아시아를 넘어 전세계로 뻗어 나갈 킬러 콘테츠가 될지 관심을 모으고 있다.

Thereupon the Korean drama 'Tian Mi Mi' with more than 5 billion in Asia and as it stretches out into the world with its killer content is attracting a lot of interest.

한편 ‘첨밀밀’은 여주인공이 캐스팅 되는대로 7월말 촬영에 들어가 연말 방영할 예정이다.

'Tian Mi Mi' plans on shooting at the end of July after the casting of the female lead.

배선영 sypova@newsen.com

Seems like we have the answer as to the location of the story -- China, Korea and Japan.

There were a lot of news regarding Warner Bros purchasing distribution rights for America and China. However in one of the article it mentions the drama 첨밀밀 (Tian Mi Mi) as 러브송 (Love Song) so I wonder if that's going to be the drama title.

As always please feel free to correct my translation below.

http://sports.donga.com/enter/total/3/02/20100604/28854179/1

드라마 '첨밀밀', "세계로 나가볼까"

Drama 'Tian Mi Mi', "Will it go worldwide?"

28854132.1.jpg

한류스타 박용하가 주연으로 낙점된 드라마 ‘러브송(가제)’에 대해 최근 미국의 메이저 영화사 워너브러더스사가 미주, 중화권 방송 권리 선판매를 요청해 온 것으로 밝혀졌다.

It has just been revealed that recently a major movie company Warner Brothers is buying distribution rights for America and China for the drama 'Love Song' starring Park Yong Ha.

워너브라더스사는 드라마 ‘러브송’의 원전인 영화 ‘첨밀밀’의 저작권을 갖고 있는 회사이기도 하다.

Warner Brothers owns the right to the movie 'Tian Mi Mi' which is the original source for the drama 'Love Song'

제작사 베르디미디어 측은 “1996년 제작된 홍콩 영화 ‘첨밀밀’이 아시아에서 큰 사랑을 받은 영화이긴 하나, 미주, 중화권 방영권을 영화배급사가 드라마 방송 전에 매입하려고 나서는 경우는 드물다”라고 전했다.

A representative from Verdi Media said "It is rare for a movie company to purchase TV drama broadcast rights (but) in 1996 the HK movie 'Tian Mi Mi' was widely popular in Asia."

또한 제작사측은 “이번 계약이 확정되면 국내 드라마로는 처음으로 아시아권을 넘어 전 세계 전파를 타게 될 것”이라며 자신감을 내비쳤다.

The representative also said "Once the contract is finalized, starting from domestically, this drama will be able to catch waves in Asia and worldwide."

‘러브송’은 중국, 홍콩, 뉴욕을 배경으로 한 영화 ‘첨밀밀’과는 달리 중국, 한국, 일본을 배경으로 제작된다.

The movie 'Tian Mi Mi' has China, Hong Kong and New York as the background. 'Love Song' will have China, Korea and Japan as backgrounds.

‘가을동화’, ‘겨울연가’의 오수연 작가와 ‘오 필승 봉순영’, ‘아가씨를 부탁해’의 지영수 PD가 호흡을 맞추고 7월 말부터 촬영에 들어가 연말 방영을 계획하고 있다.

The writer is Oh Soo Yeon of 'Autumn Love Story' and 'Winter Sonata' and the PD is Ji Young Soo of 'Oh! Pil Seung Bong Soon Young' and 'My Fair Lady'. Filming begins at the end of July for an end of the year broadcast.

스포츠동아 양형모 기자 ranbi@donga.com

Sports Donga Yang Hyung Mo reporting

It is huuuuuge news that WB is buying rights to this drama. I can't wait to see who they'll cast as the female lead.

Guest kaedejun

i have yet to see this film and don't know much about it...heh! but i'm sure as heck curious now!

as for a leading actress - i'd almost want yoon eun hye to take on the role. she always does best when she has to work hard for a role. i think my fair lady wasn't a challenge and that's why she didn't do as well. but this would be.

definitely no to choi ji woo!!! hahaa

who else could do it? kim sun ah? kim so yeon? jeon ji hyun!?!? (she just rejected Runaway anyways...)

Guest o-cha

kaedejun: You should watch the movie. It's really good. It's up on youtube just seach for Almost A Love Story.

Kim So Yeon would be good too. Probably no to Kim Sun Ah just because I don't see her in that particular role. Jeon Ji Hyun? hmmm....

Guest imogene_af

I actually think the female character is far more complex and more vital to the story than the male character. But Maggie Cheung? Big shoes to fill.

Guest yourasthma

Kim So Yeon cos im obviously a fan and she's perfectly capable acting-wise. Lee Young Ae and Lee Na Young would be good too.

Guest o-cha

dramabeans finally picking up the news on Warner Bros buying Tian Mi Mi rights

Comrades remake attracts interest from Hollywood

parkyongha28.jpg

Park Yong-ha’s next drama is based on the 1996 Hong Kong film Comrades: Almost A Love Story (aka Tian mi mi) and has taken on a new title: Love Song (which is still a working title). And according to production company Verdi Media, Hollywood studio Warner Bros. (which owns the rights to Comrades) has already made an offer to buy the U.S. and Chinese broadcast rights for the drama.

The original story follows its couple from mainland China to Hong Kong and later New York in an epic romance spanning a decade. Remake Love Song will be set in China, Korea, and Japan and plans to begin filming in July, aiming for a projected Korean broadcast later this year. The show has not yet cast its female lead.

I’m intrigued, but I have no idea what to make of Warner Bros. acquiring the broadcast rights to a kdrama. It could either be a pretty big deal (aside from Asian-specific cable channels like AZN, Korean dramas don’t have a broadcast presence on American television), or an oddly exaggerated report. Hm. Could be interesting.

Via Newsis, 10 Asia

cr: dramabeans

• 3 weeks later...
Guest o-cha

Not much news...still waiting for news of female lead. They still have another month until they start filming.

Just a blib on the news that's 'new'

http://weekly.hankooki.com/lpage/entertain/201006/wk20100617114227105250.htm

새롭게 제작되는 드라마 <첨밀밀>도 전작의 멜로 전선을 그대로 이어간다.

The new 'Tianmimi' drama like it's predecessor (the movie) will also be a melodrama.

Not that we would think it otherwise..lol...

Guest C51236

Yoon Eun-hye makes drama comeback in Love Song

lovesong.jpg

In Love Song, Yoon plays Yoo Chae-hwa, a hard-working woman who comes to live in Korea from China. Chae-hwa is very innocent and is described as “the one unforgettable love for one man.”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/06/yoon-eun-hye-makes-drama-comeback-in-love-song/

credits javabeans

Guest MyBlueSky

Yoon Eun hye's Back, this drama is going to be a hit.

Definitely watching this, I don't want to wait any longer,

hope they air this drama by September.

Guest MariYEH

cr: http://yooneunhye.net/blog/yoon-eun-hye-new-drama-love-song/

Yoon Eun Hye Returns with New Drama “Love Song”

June 28, 2010 in Dramas by CDBloom

lovesongannouncement201.jpg

Yoon Eun Hye will be returning to television with new drama, Love Song! She will be playing the main female lead alongside Park Yong Ha in the drama version of the Hong Kong movie Tian Mi Mi.

Yoon Eun Hye will play Yoo Chae Hwa, an energetic young woman who returns to Korea from China. She at times lies to others, but deep inside, she is a very innocent woman who cannot forget her one true love.

According to sources, Yoon Eun Hye choose this project because she found the script and synopsis emotional and heart-moving, evoking the same feelings she felt when watching the original movie.

Yoon Eun Hye said that she will act in this project, hoping that it will become a big present not only for Koreans, but for all the fans in Asia.

According to the production team, Yoon Eun Hye’s success in Goong, Coffee Prince, and My Fair Lady in Japan and other international markets has caused a stampede for the purchase of broadcast rights for the drama since her involvement was officially announced.

In Japan, there is much anticipation for the drama since Yoon Eun Hye and Park Yong Ha are big hallyu stars and they will be teaming up with writer Oh Soo Yun of Winter Sonata and Autum In My Heart. The director is Ji Young Soo, who directed Oh! Pil Seung And Bong Soon Young and Yoon Eun Hye’s last drama, My Fair Lady.

The production team added that they are currently negotiating with companies in 11 Asian countries for the rights to broadcast Love Song. Outside of Asia, there is also demand in the United States, Europe, and the Middle East. US studio Warner Bros. has expressed interest in buying the US broadcast rights for Love Song.

Love Song will start filming in August and air later in the year.

Guest nhetski

wow! can't wait for this drama to start!

i'm sure this will be a great challenge for YEH, and I'm certain she'll deliver with flying colours

clip of YEH and PYH 'interaction' at the 44th Baeksang Awards (YEH won and PYH was the host)

Guest smr05

yay for YEH ^^

thanks for the thread o-cha

i was just wondering, would it be recommended that I watch the original Tianmimi movie?

or would it be better that i know nothing about it since the drama may stray away from the original piece?

Guest nhetski

yay for YEH ^^

thanks for the thread o-cha

i was just wondering, would it be recommended that I watch the original Tianmimi movie?

or would it be better that i know nothing about it since the drama may stray away from the original piece?

^^ same -- thanks o-cha and question on whether i should watch the original or not..

pro: you'll get the whole story (appease your curiosity)

con: you will know the story already (kinda like a major spoiler)

pro: you'll be able to anticipate how YEH and PYH should act in certain scenes

con: you'll start comparing (which is unfair as they're all different actors with different scripts)

pro: you'll be able to check exactly how much crying is involved

con: you'll end up crying twice (movie then drama)

hmmm.. so which side wins? to watch or not to watch.. that is the question..

Archived