Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

‘It’s just destiny’: Son Ye Jin talks about falling in love with husband Hyun Bin after working together

JULY 9, 2024

PINKVILLA

Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin; Image: tvN

Actress Son Ye-jin talked about what made her marry actor Hyun Bin.

Son Ye Jin, the beloved actress who is known for her moving acting skills on the screen and has created a great name for herself was recently chosen by BIFAN for their Actor Retrospective for 2024. 

During the BIFAN 2024 exhibitions recently, the actress revealed how she fell in love with her now husband Hyun Bin after working with him on two projects. 

Son Ye Jin was named Actor Retrospective for the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival and in her honor, the exhibition has been named One and Only Son Ye Jin. The exhibition highlights Son Ye Jin’s sparkling 23-year career through a series of events like a commemorative booklet, a photo exhibition, screenings of her movies, and various interviews.

Recently, during a talk session, while answering a fan’s question about how she fell in love with her now husband Hyun Bin, Son Ye Jin answered that like many people who meet, date, and then get married that’s what happened with them as well and added, “It’s just destiny."

B89-D15-BA-5541-48-E0-9037-90-C8567327-F

BC383396-B085-4-A4-B-9-FEB-C81-CFBE54676

The actress pointed out that she got to know people who say they resemble each other, she said she did not see it herself at the beginning but with time she thought they did look a bit similar. 

Son Ye Jin pointed out that she and Hyun Bin worked together on 2 projects namely Crash Landing on You and The Negotiation where she liked him a lot. The actress, complimenting her husband, said that he is smart, upright, and rational. She said that Hyun Bin is a man who does not present himself in a package and mentioned, “You get what you see."

Son Ye Jin ended by saying that the reason she fell for Hyun Bin was because of his appearance as well, “He’s handsome, tall and he’s reliable."

“♥Hyun Bin is destiny..Son Ye  Jin, '23 years of no controversy' The second act of the unrivaled top actress 

0003250138_001_20240713160707974.jpg?typ 0003250138_002_20240713160708182.jpg?typ

[STAR NEWS]
Top star Son Ye-jin (42) is the envy of the public for her 'unique' path that has caught two rabbits, work and love. As a long-running actress for 23 years, wife of fellow actress Hyun Bin, and mother of a son, she is foreshadowing a second chapter 
of success. Son Ye-jin is the epitome of an exemplary top star. She debuted in 1999 with a CF and entered the acting world in 2001 with the drama 'Delicious Proposal'. She has already been an actress for 23 years, but during those two years of changing seasons, there has been no controversy, not even the usual pink scandals. The three dating rumors with her current husband Hyun Bin are the biggest scandals in Son Ye-jin's acting career. Hyun Bin, who worked together on the movie 'Negotiation' (2018) and the drama 'Crash Landing on You' (2022), got married in March 2022 and had a son in November of that year. Son Ye-jin's filmography is truly amazing, as she has been managing herself so thoroughly. She has established herself as one of the best actors in Korea by 'all-killing' the big screen and the small screen. He has shown various transformations in many films regardless of genre, such as 'Romance Novel' (2022), 'The Classic' (2003), 'A Moment to Remember' (2004), 'Going Out' (2005), 'The Classics of Work' (2005), 'Open City' (2008), 'My Wife Got Married' (2008), 'White Night' (2009), 'Chilling Romance' (2011), 'The Accomplice' (2013), 'The Pirates' (2014), 'The Truth Beneath' (2016), 'Princess Deokhye' (2016), and 'Be with You Now' (2018). In addition, he rose to stardom as a Hallyu star early on, producing numerous hit dramas such as 'Sunhee Jinhee' (2001), 'Summer Scent' (2003), 'Love Era' (2006), 'Spotlight' (2008), 'Personal Taste' (2010), 'Shark' (2013), 'Something in the Rain' (2018), and 'Crash Landing on You'.

0003250138_003_20240713160708310.jpg?typ

Son Ye-jin herself expressed pride in her diverse filmography, saying, "When I didn't know what was cool, I was a divorcee, a mother, and a husband twice." She even ambitiously stated, "I don't want to set any more limits in the future." No wonder she 

is entitled to the title, 'Unrivaled Son Ye-jin.' Son Ye-jin met the public for the first time in a long time at the 'Special Actor Exhibition' under that title at the 28th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN) held this month. 

At the event, Son Ye-jin looked back, saying, "I struggled and whipped myself because I didn't want to be limited to one image," and emphasized that she had opened 'Chapter 2 of my life' by saying, "A new world opened up after marriage and childbirth." He expressed his enthusiasm by saying, "It feels like Chapter 1 of my acting career has ended, but I think this has become an opportunity for me to leap forward again. These days, I'm doing well, feeling happy and in a different world thanks to raising my child. If I were to film the same movie now, I think I would act very differently. I'm also very curious to see what kind of acting I can show you in the future." 

The influence of having a stable family has brought about tremendous changes for 'actress Son Ye-jin', so we can't help but look forward to her second act. He raised his voice, saying, "I want to act as diversely, as much, as often, and for as long as possible. I have this grand idea of becoming an actor who will be with the public for a long time in the future. I want to take responsibility for my face, show how I age naturally, and show acting that fits my age."

Spoiler

0003250138_004_20240713160708413.jpg?typ

In particular, Son Ye-jin not only shared the joy of becoming a mother, but also confessed her solid love for Hyun Bin, setting a good example of a 'star couple'. On the 6th, at a mega talk held as part of BIFAN's 'Actor Special Exhibition', she was asked a straightforward question by an audience member, "When and at what point did you feel, 'As the woman Son Ye-jin, and as the person Son Ye-jin, I want to spend the rest of my life with that person' after meeting Hyun Bin?" 

Son Ye-jin honestly answered, "Actors meet co-stars while working on numerous projects, and in the process, many of them get married or date. But I didn't prefer that kind of thing." 

She then added, "But fate... People keep saying that we (Hyun Bin and I) look alike. I've never really thought we looked alike. But because they said we looked alike, I kept seeing them and thought, 'Do we feel similar?' This is what I thought. (With Hyun Bin) I worked on two projects with him, and I was more impressed by his personality than anything else. If I were to compare him to someone from the past, he would be like a scholar. He is very upright and rational. I liked that he was not the type of person to try to make things look good or to package himself. He had a very simple and trustworthy personality. He is also handsome and tall, isn't he?" he said, showing his affection.

Hyun Bin’s “Love at First Sight” Moment with Son Ye-jin Went Viral Again 

A video capturing Hyun Bin’s “love at first sight” moment with his wife, Son Ye-jin, from ages ago is resurfacing

MAY 14, 2024

KBIZOOM

IMG-8169.jpg

Up to now, Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin remain one of the most followed and admired couples in South Korea. After “Crash Landing on You,” their decision to get married has thrilled and moved audiences immensely. However, few know that this is a beautiful fairy tale journey of 10 years, starting from the moment the young man was remarked to have “fallen in love at first sight.”

Specifically, a series of images from 10 years ago of Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin are making a resounding comeback. These are moments when the beautiful couple of the Korean screen first met, attending an event at the  Pifan Awards 2014. At that time, Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin both received an award in the same category, Producer’s Choice, and stood together on stage. While Son Ye-jin was speaking, Hyun Bin was spotted gazing intently at his female colleague, looking very attentive.

Hyun Bin’s actions have now delighted netizens, leading to the video being widely shared on social media. Especially afterward, when Son Ye-jin finished speaking and turned to smile at Hyun Bin, the actor raised his eyebrows slightly and smiled back at his colleague. 

IMG-8165.gif

IMG-8166.gif

Long-time fans of Hyun Bin will surely be surprised because he has always been calm, even serious and aloof, rarely showing emotions.

However, Son Ye-jin is one of the rare people who can make Hyun Bin unable to control his emotions.

Many netizens believe that this is the moment when Hyun Bin fell in “love at first sight” for Son Ye-jin, and Hyun Bin also adds to this suspicion. In particular, when asked by the media if they remember their first meeting, Son Ye-jin often mistakenly recalls meeting Hyun Bin through the 2017 film “Negotiation.” However, Hyun Bin corrected her and remembered vividly the award ceremony mentioned above in 2014.

Below are some comments from netizens: 
* He was love-struck since meeting her for the first time
* The fact that he remembers this moment speaks volumes 
* LOL he was in love at first sight 

Spoiler

IMG-8168.jpg

Now, 10 years have passed since the first meeting of Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, and they have become the one of most powerful couples in the Korean entertainment industry. 

Their various collaborations, including “Crash Landing on You,” has helped their relationship develop, culminating in marriage and children. 

[2014/07/14] 10 years ago on this date, Hyun Bin and Son Yejin ’s met each other for the first time at the 18th PIFAN (Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival’s) where both of them received the Producers’ Choice Award 🥂 Who would’ve thought that 10 years later, they’re happily married with a son and Son Yejin referred meeting Hyun Bin is like Destiny. Fate really works in a mysterious way. 

IMG-8183.jpg

IMG-8184.jpg

IMG-8190.jpg

Spoiler

IMG-8172.jpg

IMG-8180.jpg

IMG-8178.jpg

IMG-8176.jpg

IMG-8175.jpg

IMG-8171.jpg

IMG-8173.jpg

IMG-8174.jpg

IMG-8191.gif

IMG-8185.gif

SOURCE

[2014/07/17 | 18th BIFAN] That day has been in Hyun Bin’s memory as ‘the first day we met’ and mentioned in his <The Negotiation> and <Crash Landing On You> interviews. :wub:

Hyun Bin and Son Yejin’s first impression of each other. From first impressions to first professionally as colleagues then good friends and eventually loves, first love.

Cha Seung-won, Park Hee-soon, Yoon Ga-yi, Park Chan-wook's new film "under review"... Will they meet Lee Byung-hun and Son Ye-jin? [Official]

0001749267_001_20240716134707445.jpg?typ

[XPORTS NEWS]
Actors Cha Seung-won, Park Hee-soon, and Yoon Ga-yi are considering appearing 

in Park Chan-wook's new film. On the 16th, news broke that Cha Seung-won, Park Hee-soon, and Yoon Ga-yi would be joining director Park Chan-wook's new film, which became a hot topic due to the meeting between Lee Byung-hun and Son Ye-jin. 

Regarding this, an official from Cha Seung-won's agency YG Entertainment told Xports News, "It is true that we have been offered a work by director Park Chan-wook. We are currently discussing it."  

Following this, an official from Park Hee-soon's agency IOK Company also told Xports News, "It is the work that we have been offered and we are reviewing it." 

An official from Yoon Ga-yi's agency O Entertainment also told Xports News, "It is true that we auditioned for director Park Chan-wook's new film. Our appearance has not been decided yet," adding, "If it is confirmed, we will do our best."

0001749267_002_20240716134707529.jpg?typ

Director Park Chan-wook's new film is a thriller project that he has been preparing for a long time, and he has mentioned it at several official events in the past. The new film has a stellar lineup of actors including Lee Byung-hun, Son Ye-jin, Yeom Hye-ran, Lee Sung-min, and Yoo Yeon-seok, raising expectations. 

Cha Seung-won and Director Park Chan-wook recently worked together on Netflix's 'The Tale of Two Sisters'. 

Also, attention is focused on whether Park Hee-soon, who has been active in various films with Director Park, and 'SNL Korea' rookie Yoon Ga-yi will meet.

0001749267_003_20240716134707568.jpg?typ

Earlier, Lee Byung-hun and Son Ye-jin's agencies told Xports News, "We are positively reviewing Director Park Chan-wook's new film." 

In particular, Lee Byung-hun and Director Park Chan-wook worked together in the film 'Joint Security Area JSA' (2000), and continued their relationship by appearing in Director Park's film 'Three, Monster' (2004). 

Attention is being paid to whether these two people will reunite again after 20 years.

Spoiler

“All the actresses in my films have a very wide acting spectrum and they can do a lot of different kinds of genres. they are very different in terms of their acting & performances. so, i’ll pick the right actress according to the story.”

~ Park Chan Wook

https://www.lifestyleasia.com/ind/entertainment/movies/director-park-chan-wook-reveals-inspiration-behind-decision-to-leave

Will there be a second Hyun Bin♥Son Ye-jin? The drama couple who met 'again' [Star Watch]

202407241255490810_1_20240724140419551.j

[NEWSEN]

There are quite a few drama couples who have appeared together in one work more than once. 

Will a second Hyun Bin-Son Ye-jin be born, one of them becoming a real-life couple? We have compiled a list of drama couples who have met 'again'. 

IMG-2816.jpg
IMG-2812.jpg

After four dating rumors, actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, a same-age couple who got married and are now the parents of one, worked together in the 2018 film 'Negotiation' and the 2019 tvN drama 'Crash Landing on You'. In 'Negotiation', they portrayed a bloody battle between a kidnapper and a negotiator, and in 'Crash Landing on You', they portrayed a sweet meeting between an officer and an heiress, and they have actually settled down in love. The two were embroiled in dating rumors a total of four times, including a photo of them shopping together in LA when the drama was airing, and they admitted their relationship on January 1, 2021, becoming an official couple. They got married on March 31st of that year and gave birth to a healthy son on November 27th, 2022. […]

Missing Personal Taste? 7 must-watch K-dramas on Netflix & other OTT platforms starring the cast — Son Ye Jin in Crash Landing on You, Lee Min Ho in The King: Eternal Monarch

JULY 25, 2024

GQ INDIA

K-dramas starring Personal Taste cast

Son Ye Jin and Lee Min Ho are two of the most recognisable names in the K-drama world. Did you know that the Hallyu stars have worked together in the past in Personal Taste, a beloved rom-com series?
Personal Taste spins a love story between Park Kae In (Son Ye Jin), a slobbish furniture designer, and Jeon Jin Ho (Lee Min Ho), an architect who is a neat freak. The two start living together as Park Kae In believes Jeon Jin Ho is gay. The pair’s contrasting personalities have them bickering from the get-go, but soon enough, they’re struck by Cupid’s arrow. 
Personal Taste also stars Kim Ji Seok, Wang Ji Hye and Ryu Seung Ryong. The romantic comedy classic was applauded for Son Ye Jin and Lee Min Ho’s crackling chemistry and has since garnered a cult following.

P.S.You can watch ‘Personal Taste’ on Viki…

If you’re missing Personal Taste, here are 7 binge-worthy K-dramas starring the cast.

“Crash Landing On You” (2019-2020)

I Love You Heart GIF by The Swoon

Son Ye Jin and rom-coms will never go out of style, and K-dramas like Personal Taste and Crash Landing on You, which stars the Hallyu actress’ real-life husband and actor Hyun Bin, are proof. The globally popular series depicts the star-crossed love story between a North Korean captain and a South Korean chaebol heiress (Son Ye Jin), who literally crash lands into the soldier’s arms during a paragliding accident. While trying to help the heiress escape from North Korea back to South Korea, love blossoms between the eccentric couple. Crash Landing on You also stars Seo Ji Hye and Kim Jung Hyun.

6 best K-dramas & movies starring Crash Landing on You actress Son Ye Jin that highlight her acting prowess; on Netflix, Viki & more

JULY 25, 2024

GQ INDIA

Best K-dramas and movies starring Son Ye Jin

Here are the 6 best K-dramas & movies starring Son Ye Jin that highlight her acting prowess:

1. CRASH LANDING ON YOU – NETFLIX

Crash Landing on You stars South Korea’s power couple, Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin, and became a global phenomenon when released. The rom-com K-drama tells the love story between a reserved North Korean captain and a charismatic South Korean chaebol heiress (played by Son Ye Jin). A paragliding accident leads the heiress quite literally to crash land onto the captain while entering enemy territory. Their bickering beginnings make way for a star-crossed romance. 

Crash Landing on You also stars Seo Ji Hye and Kim Jung Hyun.

2. THE NEGOTIATION – NETFLIX

The South Korean film industry has mastered the art of gripping thrillers, and The Negotiation is a prime example. Before starring together in Crash Landing on You, BinJin starred together in The Negotiation, albeit this time on opposing sides. The action crime thriller film sees Son Ye Jin play a seasoned crisis negotiator who faces off against a ruthless kidnapper. She tries to crack the kidnapper’s calm demeanour and find out his true motive within 21 hours.

3. SOMETHING IN THE RAIN – NETFLIX, VIKI

Something in the Rain is a quintessential noona romance, which tackles many societal taboos that continue to prevail in South Korea, especially against women. The romance K-drama tells the love story between a single woman in her mid-30s (played by Son Ye Jin) and her best fri
end’s younger brother, who is in his late 20s. Amidst family opposition, the pair fall in love and fight hard to maintain their relationship. 

Something in the Rain also stars Jung Hae In, Jang So Yeon and Wi Ha Joon.  

4. THIRTY-NINE – NETFLIX 

Spoiler

Keep the tissue box handy for our next pick! Thirty-Nine is a slice-of-life melodrama about three best friends on the verge of turning 40. While the close pals juggle their respective relationships and work, a fateful reveal turns the trio’s lives upside down. Son Ye Jin plays one of their best friends, a renowned dermatologist who owns her clinic. 
Thirty-Nine stars include Jeon Mi Do, Kim Ji Hyun, Yeon Woo Jin, Lee Moo Saeng, and Lee Tae Hwan.

5. THE LAST PRINCESS – PLEX 

Spoiler

The Last Princess is arguably one of Son Ye Jin’s finest performances. The period drama film sees Son Ye Jin play Princess Deokhye, the Joseon Dynasty’s last princess. It chronicles her life in Japan after the Imperial Japanese government forced her to move there at a young age. Princess Deokhye’s attempts to return to South Korea are also poetically captured on-screen. The Last Princess also stars Park Hae Il, Yoon Je Moon, Ra Mi Ran and Jung Sang Hoon.

6. PERSONAL TASTE – VIKI

Spoiler

Personal Taste is a blast from the past that stars two Hallyu stars: Son Ye Jin and Lee Min Ho. The rom-com drama explores the love story between a slobbish furniture designer and an organized architect, who live together under the same roof under the mistaken assumption that the latter is gay. Their equation doesn’t kickstart on the best note owing to their opposite personalities, however, love eventually comes knocking leading to utter chaos. 
Personal Taste also stars Kim Ji Seok, Wang Ji Hye and Ryu Seung Ryong.

OP saw Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin with their son at a Lilliput Kidscafe in Gangnam in July 2024.
"I met Hyun Bin & Son Yejin at a coffee shop in Gangnam at the beginning of the month.They were walking their child together.." "When their child came back, he kept staring at me with big eyes..very cute with big eyes & a chubby face" ~ OP

IMG-3859.jpg

IMG-3875.jpg

IMG-3864.jpg

Spoiler

Awww, the little guy went fishing 🎣 while his parents were watching him...🥹

IMG-3851.jpg

IMG-3852.jpg

Spoiler

Lilliput Kidscafe is a premium kids cafe that combines amusement facilities and top-notch Italian restaurant.

IMG-3879.jpg

IMG-3878.jpg

IMG-3854.jpg

IMG-3445.jpg

IMG-3446.jpg

IMG-3881.jpg