Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Guest cris14

ENGLISH version of Yejin's message. just sharing this from DC.

Hello, It’s been a long time since I last said to you by message movie clip.

I am resting and taking a trip after finishing [the Personal Taste]

...I believe you are doing fine, aren’t you?

I have been to Maldives for a photo shoot a few days ago.

I want to get recharged of taking a trip, if I ever get the good chance in the future.

Even though You supperted the drama [the Personal Taste], I didn’t even have time to thank you.

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who supported and cheered my activities.

I could cheer up more because you gave me some food and gift for me while I was shooting this drama.

I hope to get many chances to see you in the future.

I will choose a good work, and come back.

This hot weather is getting people down. I feel down too.

If you read books, work out and feel good, you can stand heat of this summer.

See you again after resist the heat.

Thanks a lot.

son81.jpg

taste1607.gif

dc

Guest cris14

thank you guys for the updates..

I didn't know we can actually post vid here. Are we able to post from youtube only?

Thanks robsten and quidotta!!

and rebby thanks!

anyways..made this myself..

syjinter.jpg

54fdgwr.jpg

ssssr.jpg

97936965.png

zx201007050001040a12434.jpg

zx2010070512577992a1243.jpg

zx2010070509277719811a1.jpg

zxa7f771051a12434.jpg

zxa015f55c7aae803301308.jpg

shinning yejin

Guest chatteraddict

Son Ye-jin pulls out from Kang Je-gyu Hollywood debut pic

20090902_sonyejin_2.jpg

Actress Son Ye-jin has taken back her decision to play the lead female role in South Korean director Kang Je-gyu's Hollywood debut pic, according to her agency Barunson Entertainment and the film's producer on Monday.

Son was set to star in the film opposite top Korean actor Jang Dong-gun in the war film tentatively titled "My Way," but decided to pull out over a drastic reduction of her character's weight in the film after modifications were made to the scenario.

Son was to play the role of a woman who agonizes over her love for a Korean man, played by Jang, and a Japanese man who both fight in the story based on the Invasion of Normandy during World War II.

Sources close to the director had last said producers are in talks with multi-talented Japanese star Takuya Kimura for the war epic, although no additional details have been announced.

"Way", directed by Kang Je-gyu of Jang's 2004 blockbuster hit "Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War," the third most-watched film in South Korean box office history, has been promised investment by a Hollywood production company.

The pic will go into shoot starting October in various locations including Korea, Germany and China.

Son, 28, gained popularity in Asia after appearing in TV series "Summer Scent" and was commended for her role in films "The Classic" and "My Wife Got Married", both of which she won awards for Best Actress.

Jang is also an award-winning actor who has won several critical acclaims for his roles in films since his debut in 1993. He got married in early May to actress Ko So-young who is now about six months pregnant.

Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok kave@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Now this i think is sad news.. well kinda disappointing.. i guess the role isn't really for her

Guest chatteraddict

It's really a pity that she wont be working with JDG anymore and the movie seems to be huge. But im not that worried as SYJ is actually the top movie actress of her generation so im sure there are better offers. ^_^

I'm actually kind of happy about this news.

If it's not going to be a role for her to shine in, why bother taking it up.

Besides, Yejin is not the kind to go for roles just because it's a blockbuster. I hope she rests well, recharges, plug internationally for PT before she starts a new project.

According to the news today, she is already choosing amongst 4-5 projects.

I think she's going to take a movie, but I want to see her in a drama again....:P

Guest quidotta

That's a pity. I am looking forward to seeing Son Yejin on the big screen actually. But I guess it's useless to take up a role that doesn't allow her to maximize her potential as an actress. Hopefully, she will announce her next project soon! :D

20060629221814.178.0.jpg20060629221815.810.0.jpg

20060629201513.276.0.jpg

Guest cris14

well if she is going to lose weight that much that she even doesn't want to do then I agree with her..I mean, I love the way she looks right now and I think she is also comfortable with her weight. So good for her not to go for it instead. No one wants to see her end up being in the hospital for reducing such weight. So fierce and brave of her to actually say no to JDG and a blockbuster director. hahahha..

"Today she works for comercial photo of cosmetic brand 'OHUI'. In the morning she works out and then go to beauty shop and has a photo shoot"

34363140313372647509135.jpg

34573140314645980715135.jpg

35140140307812648065135.jpg

SYJ facebook/mobile captures

Guest chatteraddict

well if she is going to lose weight that much that she even doesn't want to do then I agree with her..I mean, I love the way she looks right now and I think she is also comfortable with her weight. So good for her not to go for it instead. No one wants to see her end up being in the hospital for reducing such weight. So fierce and brave of her to actually say no to JDG and a blockbuster director. hahahha..

Cris, im not getting this comment.. Is SYJ asked to loose weight in the movie?

I thought she pulled out because the amount of her characters importance was reduced. I think she'd have the title of the leading lady but the movie will focus more on the two men and the war and she'd have minimal screen time. Well i dont know if im understanding it correctly though. :sweatingbullets:

Anyway whether she do it or not, IMO still feel pity as it would have been a powerhouse cast and might open more doors for her outside Korea. Who knows it might be her ticket to be included in the "10 million club" (where Ha Ji Wo is the only female "member").And again IMHO, Taegukgi is one of the best films Korea ever produced. But being a top star that she is, if she will just get a character like the one of the Late Lee Eun Jo in Taegukgi,the it really is just be a waste of talent. :) Again, just an opinion :D

Guest cris14

Andrea: I don't understand clearly either what weight they are referring to. Because for my understanding of the character and the plot, it's pretty challenging. So for me the character's important is already out of the question. And knowing how she choose projects sometimes she doesn't really care who she works with as long as she finds that certain character appealing to her and she get's to showcase something new. But still depending on what kind of modifications they had done to her character.

It could be also that because it is agonizing that she has to lose weight for the character to look believable. You won't look like you are agonized when you look healthy..heheheh I remember when she said, she wants to stay away from doing sick roles because she literally had to skip meals sometimes.. hahah

She could be working with bests here I know but in her status right now as an actress plus jumping and jumping from totally different characters in such a short period of time. I mean WN then PT then here goes again another agonizing character plus things only God knows..heheh She even dropped IRIS where she could also work with another topstar, so pulling out from this is not that big of a surprise to me. Although I was really excited for this film. *sigh*

And yeah I agree with you. If she will get characters like late LEJ despite her being a topstar then definitely a waste of talent. Whatever the reason is, may it be reducing of character's importance or reducing characters weight physically that she decided to pull out then I support her all the way..

Guest chatteraddict

Well said Cris. Actually i want her to work with director Park Chan Wook- i know he's very commercial and somewhat dark (and for some,even overrated) but i think he's a genius. Been wondering what he could do to SYJ as an actress.

To be honest i havent seen White Night, been having the DVD for quite sometime now but im like "saving it for later". Ive read that its pretty dark and heavy and because ive been exhausted to my ever tiring and demanding work, i dont want to watch somethingn that would make me feel "heavy" you think i should have watched it already?

Guest cris14

Andrea: you should've watch that before you watch PT hehe..It's pretty dark yeah.

You would understand why she had to do PT after WN 'cause it's pretty heavy.

Kutu: Agree with you a 1000% :lol::wub: but pls make it 30+ more!

20081114pm062510.jpg

39672873.jpg

dc

i want to see her with go soo in the next drama. make it 30+ episodes n i will be in heaven. :wub:

i agree. they can even just stare at each other for 30 episodes and i wouldn't care. there's never been a couple that i so want to happen in real life than these two.

so...dear universe, i'm throwing this out there because ks + yj is love. :wub: :wub:

Guest cris14

i agree. they can even just stare at each other for 30 episodes and i wouldn't care. there's never been a couple that i so want to happen in real life than these two.

so...dear universe, i'm throwing this out there because ks + yj is love. :wub: :wub:

same here Yeisha! they can just stare at each other then we can all die just by watching :w00t:

1657l1278309754a12434.jpg

shiningyejin blog

20100705182514877.jpg