Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

oops...sorry for the double posting, last time i checked no one posted yet. But i'll just leave it there as i'm too lazy to edit. Looking forward their collab, and if Kimutaku also confirms his participation, this movie will surely be da bomb! ;)

that's ok you wont go to jail for that..hehe

yeah just the casting itself? it's the da bomb already!

aaww after personal taste she gets no rest...

2452525.jpg

Movie star Son Ye-jin will be partners with Jang Dong-gun!

Son Ye-jin will be in the new film, "D-Day" directed by Kang Je-gyu as the main female actress.

This film will be set during the times of World War 2 at the Normandy Invasion where a Japanese soldier becomes a German Nazi soldier. A Japanese top star Kimura Takuyaga is considered to be the main character.

Son Ye-jin will be filming the movie after she is done with the drama, "Personal Preference" in June. "D-Day" will be filmed in China, Russia, and France.

http://www.hancinema.net/chanmi-s-movie-ne...-day-22279.html

Guest kdramafanusa

'My Way', new movie starring Jang Dong-Gun & Son Ye-Jin, is confirmed. The production company announced the casting of Son Ye-Jin as the lead actress on the 18th. (only browsed 1 article so i'm not exactly sure of the rest)

http://blog.cine21.com/_manager/86150

http://www.cine21.com/Movies/Mov_Movie/mov...il.php?id=28019

Kang Je-Gyu is one of Korea's most successful directors. His 1999 film 'Shiri' (with Han Seok-Gyu, Choi Min-Shik, Kim Yun-Jin) is Korea's first blockbuster, it sold 6.2 million tickets. His followup film 'Taegukgi : The Brotherhood Of War' (with Jang Dong-Gun, Won Bin) sold more than 11.74 million tickets. 'My Way' reunites director Kang with Jang Dong-Gun.

Choi Dong-Hoon: Tazza: The High Rollers - The War Of Flower (6.83 million tickets), Jeon Woo Chi (6.05+ million)

Kang Je-Gyu: Shiri (6.20 million), Taegukgi: Brotherhood Of War (11.74 million)

Kim Yong-Hwa: 200 Pounds Beauty (6.60 million), Take Off (8.50 million)

director Kang Je-Gyu & Jang Dong-Gun

092243sc140.jpg

http://cafe.naver.com/crazyhot77.cafe?ifra...3Farticleid=491

Jang Dong-Gun & Son Ye-Jin at Blue Dragon 2003

Jang Dong-Gun is considered Korea's most handsome man. He's known not only for his looks of course, he won acting awards over the years too (he won all the categories at Blue Dragon Awards - most popular actor, new actor, supporting actor, best actor awards). He's the #1 most bankable & popular movie star in Korea. His 3 personal best selling films attracted about 25 million moviegoers there. His last TV drama was "All About Eve" (loved by many fans even now) in 2000; he recently worked with director Jang Jin (awesome!) in movie 'Good Morning President'. Even though he's not very active, he always top popularity polls all these years.

JDG & Go So-Young is Korea's Brangelina. Drop dead gorgeous couple.

yes k, i noticed also that he is always on top in any survey that he's in...

i am too lazy to search, how old is he?

i think he doesnt have the typical korean look which i think most korean likes in him..heheh

if you look at his face, it's not the typical korean look that you always see..he has that cowboyish look for me..

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Dahee's blog

http://daheefanel.wordpress.com/2010/02/17...cast-in-my-way/

February 17, 2010...7:15 pm

Son Ye Jin and Jang Dong Gun Cast In “My Way”

kjkc.jpg

Whoa. Talk about a top star cast.

Actors Son Ye Jin and Jang Dong Gun have been cast in the upcoming Kang Je Kyu film My Way. The two of them will be playing lovers.

The film is a large-scale blockbuster set during World War II that will be filmed in not only Korea, but also Germany and China. It tells the story of a Korean man who ends up fighting for the Japanese side during the War. Son Ye Jin plays Yeon-hee, a woman caught between said man and a Japanese soldier.

The casting of Jang Dong Gun has been drawing attention because this is his first time in six years working with director Kang Je Kyu, with whom he filmed the record-breaking 2004 hit Taegukgi. Son Ye Jin, who has also been cast in the MBC drama Personal Taste, plans to enter filming once the drama is over. My Way plans to start filming in June.

Can’t say that I’m a fan of Kang Je Kyu (Shiri was okay, but Taegukgi just annoyed me with its melodramatic hysterics) or Jang Dong Gun (I’ve only seen him in Taegukgi, and didn’t come even close to falling in love…besides, he just doesn’t have that certain hottie vibe for me), but I do love Son Ye Jin. Hopefully she won’t get too frazzled with not getting any rest at all after her drama ends!

(Via Newsen)

Guest kdramafanusa

Son Ye-jin hops aboard new Kang Je-gyu pic

Reporter : Park Kun-ouc | kun1112@asiae.co.kr

기사입력 2010.02.18 22:39 최종수정 2010.02.18 22:39

2010021822213442787_1.jpg

Actress Son Ye-jin [barunson Entertainment]

Actress Son Ye-jin has joined the cast of top South Korean director Kang Je-gyu's Hollywood debut pic, according to the film's producer on Thursday.

The critically acclaimed actress will play the main female role opposite Hallyu star Jang Dong-gun in the film tentatively titled "My Way," based on the Invasion of Normandy during World War II.

Son will play the role of a woman who agonizes over her love for a Korean man and a Japanese man who both fight in the war.

Sources close to the director had last said producers are in talks with Japanese Takuya Kimura for the war epic, although no additional details have been announced.

A Hollywood production company has said it will invest in the picture by Kang, often dubbed the Steven Spielberg of East Asia. He has produced several of Korea's top films including 1999 hit film "Swiri" and 2004 pic "Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War" which is the third most-watched Korean film in box office history.

Son, 28, gained popularity in Asia after appearing in TV series "Summer Scent" and was commended for her role in films "The Classic" and "My Wife Got Married", both of which she won awards for Best Actress.

Jang is also an award-winning actor who has won several critical acclaims for his roles in films since his debut in 1993. Industry sources are speculating he will wed his girlfriend actress Ko So-young during the first half of this year.

"My Way" is set to go into shoot starting June in various locations including Korea, Germany and China.

Reporter : Park Kun-ouc kun1112@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. X also wrote about this film a while back, I just need to look it up at Twitch.

Guest kdramafanusa

i'm really busy again, i won't be on soompi often. I lost interest in k-ent for some time now too. :)

But Ye-Jin is one of my favorites, I still look up her news every now & then; I will check back sometimes.

news release from MBC on her upcoming drama

http://mbcinfo.imbc.com/news_view.asp?idx=...&category=1

first script reading was held on the 17th. mbc will release the pics soon.

Planning 제작 : 조윤정

Script 극본 : 박혜경

Director 연출 : 손형석

Cast 출연 : Son Ye-Jin 손예진, Lee Min-Ho 이민호, Kim Ji-Seok 김지석, Wang Ji-Hye 왕지혜, Ryu Seung-Ryong 류승룡, Jo Eun-Ji 조은지, Jung Sung-Hwa 정성화, Ahn Seok-Hwan 안석환, Bong Tae-Gyu 봉태규, Jang Won-Young 장원영, Choi Eun-Seo 최은서, ...

PR 홍보 : 김소정

Guest khunmama

Hello cris 14 !

i'm glad and happy to know about SYJ new dramas , this year will be my joyful watching DVD hehehe.

Thanks cris so much for your update news and pictures which i get from Thailand Son Ye JIn FC Thread (Popcorn)

Take care! :wub: :wub:

helena..me too, it's not that i lost interest but my shift changed. I am now working very late,. I go home late, I wake up late, and I sleep late..everything is late!! But, as you said I try to take time to visit here as much as possible to update this thread..but it wont be like before though. Before I am here almost every minute..now I can't do that anymore..but for sure if I get time I will update..I hope you will too..

Ax..you are welcomed! I can see you really them together..

Khunmama..thanks for reposting them to popcorn..I go there sometimes before, but I am having log in problems with popcorn lately so I dont get to visit anymore..but please make sure to save them first to your own photosharing account when you repost them ok?..thanks!

I appreciate you spreading around SYJ's news too...

Guest kdramafanusa

Korea Herald 2010.02.22

Jang, Son to star in WWII picture

Actress Son Ye-jin has joined the cast of director Kang Je-gyu's upcoming Hollywood feature film debut, according to producers at Kang Je-gyu Films on Thursday.

Son, who enjoys popularity all over Asia through acclaimed films such as "The Classic," will play the female lead opposite Hallyu heartthrob Jang Dong-gun in the film tentatively titled "My Way."

Set during World War II during the Invasion of Normandy, Son will portray a woman torn between her love for a Korean soldier and a Japanese soldier.

Popular Japanese actor Takuya Kimura is in talks to join the cast, according to sources close to the "Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War" filmmaker.

Shooting is set to begin this June at various locations around the world, including Germany and China.

"My Way" tells the story of a man (Jang) conscripted into the imperial Japanese military who later becomes a soldier for Nazi Germany.

(kws@heraldm.com)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read at DC that White Night DVD will be released on March 15.

Mr X said that the film is quite bad, he's disappointed in Park Yeon-Seon (Alone In Love writer) this time; he added that his expectation is already low to begin with. :( Luckily, acting was fine though.

So sad...But should have known that something like Alone In Love doesn't come too often.....

And I have no expectation whatsoever for her upcoming drama, just pray (if it will do any good) that the writing & directing will go well...Sigh.......I hope that I can bear it......

I'm happy to see Ryu Seung-Ryong in her new drama though, he is a really good 'character' actor. He was in 2005 movie "The Big Scene / Murder, Take One". The film was directed/written by Jang Jin (my favorite), the lead actors were Cha Seung-Won (this movie was much...much better than craps like City Hall to me) & Shin Ha-Gyun.

Charismatic & funny actor Bong Tae-Gyu will guest star; his most recent TV drama appearance was 2008 SBS drama Working Mom with actress Yeom Jung-Ah.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201002221437401001

Guest kdramafanusa

<<<<<<i skimmed this really fast, so there could be mistake. Please do not repost....>>>>>

201002221726141003_2.JPG

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201002221726141003

http://www.tvdaily.co.kr/read.php3?aid=126679604344845002

[these actressses will be appearing in TV dramas.]

Son Ye-Jin (78%)

Lee Mi-Yeon (11%)

Lee Bo-Young (0%)

Kim Ha-Neul (11%)

78% of participants (poll conducted by Nate) expect Son Ye-Jin to make bold

acting transformation. She started off with pure/beautiful image in 'Classic' & 'Moment To Remember'; then transformed to strong/sexy/mysterious images in 'Art Of Seduction', 'My Wife Got Married', and 'White Night'.

~~~

20100217000271_0.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20100217n05946

Veteran actor Lee Soon-Jae (Culture Artist Grand Prize); Son Ye-Jin (winner of Movie Star Grand Prize).

First Annual Seoul Culture and Arts Daesang ceremony will be held on Feb 23 at 3pm.

thanks helena!! seems you got time now I am glad..

let's just hope that SYJ's drama will not only do good but i hope it will exceed what people are expecting..in a good way..

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: MBC AMERICA 2010.02.22 11:07:09

tt_global.jpg

「Personal Taste」 Son Yejin-Lee Minho show chemistry

* First broadcast: March 31, 2010

personaltaste1.jpg

MBC's newest Wed-Thurs miniseries 「Personal Taste」 (script by Park Hyegyeong, directed by Son Hyeongseok) had a fun first script reading amidst much laughter.

February 17, 8PM on the 6th floor of the Ilsan Dream Center, the cast and crew of 「Personal Taste」 exchanged greetings and met for the first script reading. In attendance were director Son Hyeongseok, scriptwriter Park Hyegyeong, actors Son Yejin, Lee Minho, Kim Jiseok, Wang Jihye, Ryu Seungryong, Jo Eunji, Jeong Seonghwa, Ahn Seokhwan, Bong Taegyu and more.

This is Son Yejin's return to the small screen after two years. She takes on the role of lovable Park Gye-in, inexperienced when it comes to love and a bit of an oddball, who ends up living with Jeon Jinho, a guy pretending to be gay. The story is about the comic happenings that ensue. Son Yejin arrived early with a fresh face and in comfortable clothes and looked over the script. She looked very enthused about her new project.

Lee Minho takes on the role of chic, brusque Jeon Jinho, who pretends to be gay. This is role that'll show an entirely different charm from his previous role. This was Son Yejin and Lee Minho's second meeting with the crew after the initial meeting, but already they were Park Gyein and Jeon Jinho in expression and mannerisms. They hit it off so well and had such chemistry that expectations have risen for the official broadcast.

Kim Jiseok is Han Changryeol, a perfect man and an architect; Wang Jihye is Kim Inhui, the stunning curator; Jeong Seonghwa is No Sangjun, Jinho's friend and co-worker; all these actors and more showed off some serious yet impassioned acting at the script reading. Rumor has it that everyone was so engrossed in their characters and the reading that no one realized it was snowing outside until the reading ended at 11PM. On top of that, Lee Minho's fans brought snacks for the cast and crew, making the atmosphere even more energized.

Son Hyeongseok addressed the cast and crew, "Today's script reading was well spent talking about the project and getting to know each other. It won't be an easy experience, but I hope it's an enjoyable one that brings about good results."

「Personal Taste」is about an amusing love story about a girl inexperienced in love and a chic yet brusque man pretending to be gay. 「Personal Taste」 is already garnering much attention from the viewers before its broadcast. It airs March 31 at 9:55PM.

Guest kdramafanusa

http://news.nate.com/view/20100217n05946

Veteran actor Lee Soon-Jae (Culture Artist Grand Prize); Son Ye-Jin (winner of Movie Star Grand Prize).

First Annual Seoul Culture and Arts Daesang ceremony will be held on Feb 23 at 3pm.

[YonhapNews]

S. Korean actress Sohn Ye-jin

PYH2010022309090034400_P2.jpgPYH2010022309100034400_P2.jpg

Feb. 23, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Sohn Ye-jin poses for a photo at the Seoul Art and Culture Award on Feb. 23. (Yonhap)

PYH2010022309140034400_P2.jpg

Feb. 23, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Sohn Ye-jin makes her handprint at the Seoul Art and Culture Award on Feb. 23. (Yonhap)

PYH2010022311300034400_P2.jpg

Feb. 23, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actress Sohn Ye-jin speaks after receiving the Grand Prize for Film Actress at the Seoul Art and Culture Award on Feb. 23. (Yonhap)

<<<i made a mistake earlier - veteran actor Lee Soon-Jae won the overall Grand Prize.>>>

Feb. 23, SEOUL, South Korea -- South Korean actor Lee Soon-jae is joyful after receiving the Grand Prize at the Seoul Art and Culture Award on Feb. 23. (Yonhap)

PYH2010022310910034400_P2.jpg

The rest are individual categories: Ye-Jin won the Movie Star Grand Prize.

Ahn Jae-Wook won World Star Grand Prize..He doesn't age. He's one of the very 1st Korean Wave stars; he became very popular in foreign countries (especially in Chinese speaking communities) in the late nineties with Kim Hee-Seon, Jang Dong-Gun, etc.

http://img.yonhapnews.co.kr/photo/yna/YH/2...80034400_P2.jpg

http://img.yonhapnews.co.kr/photo/yna/YH/2...60034400_P2.jpg

I don't like how she looks here again..... :( I think it's her hair that's not doing it for me.

1_L_1266914188.jpg

1_L_1266914314.jpg

Text from Asia Economy: [Actress Son Ye-jin gives an acceptance speech after receiving the prize for best film actor at the 1st Seoul Arts & Culture Award held at the Seoul Student Gymnasium in South Korea on February 23, 2010.]

1_L_1266914444.jpg

You ladies know that I am so picky even on Ye-Jin. lol....

Maybe it's just the angle. Let me see if there are shots that are more flattering... hehe~

[images=paran]