Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Guest chatteraddict

Dear hard-core SYJ's fan: I have a question: why does she look so different in Summer Scents and her movies/dramas after Summer Scents?

She can't be aging that fast - It's only a couple years. Or has she had any cosmetic surgery? I love her look in Summer Scents, but can't find that in other movies/dramas that she's in.

Hey Kdrama07! wow, seems like you've been paying so much attention on her looks! lol. Well, i think many will agree that she looked best in Summer Scent, but she was around 22 at that time, she's now 26. Also, you have to take it to consideration that she has been playing much older role on her films, if im not mistaken, in A Moment to Remember, April Snow, Art Of Seduction, her character was 27yr old while her real age was much younger then. Also, n her last drama Alone in Love,which was 2 years ago, she played a character on her late 20's and she was asked to gain a little weight for that drama and she cut her hair! im sure everyone here will agree that she appeared very beautiful n all of her past projects, even n April Snow where most of the scenes she wasnt wearing make-up.

Did she had surgery, well to be honest no one knows (until she says it herself) but Kdramafanusa was right, she looks the same n her movies, you just have to look at the right angle.

(Oh, and the hair makes a lot of difference on her looks!) :)

Dear hard-core SYJ's fan: I have a question: why does she look so different in Summer Scents and her movies/dramas after Summer Scents?

She can't be aging that fast - It's only a couple years. Or has she had any cosmetic surgery? I love her look in Summer Scents, but can't find that in other movies/dramas that she's in.

I noticed that too. From my analysis, her maturity, hair, sense of style, make-up, and her role have major effects. From Summer Scent and back: she seems to have had less make-up and her hair, pin straight. A Moment to Remember, April Snow, The Art of Seduction: a little more make-up and touch ups, a little more mature, sexier outfits. Alone in Love: different hair style, more make-up, and more mature therefore the role. Open City & Spotlight: hair is pulled back, major difference in makeup (it brightens up her face more, I also noticed that other actresses use this new make-up), change in outfits, and again more of a mature role.

She's taken on many different roles so far and is progressing smoothly as she matures.

i dun think she looks matured now. only she HAS TO look like de one so will her characters in drama/movies give justification. SYJ juz took de readiness for her change. peeps were so used to seeing her in sweet-innocent roles. plastic surgery? exactly! Yejin iz de only one who can answer anyone if she or aint underwent as such. she is still as beautiful in her other drama/movies as in Summer Scent. if u dun see it, so be it. we all respect yer opinion here.

am proud to be a Son Ye Jin fan. She and Her Films never failed to impress and entertain me by far....

Are you able to watch this Spotlight clip?

I get "Loading"...

thanks for sharing de drama clip sweetie! :)

- - - - - - - - - - -

spotlight_photo080424171727540.jpg

spotlight_photo080424161647510.jpg

credit as labelled and original poster

needs translation for de articles below 'bout her movie MWGM...

posted by Louis in iyejin

다부일처는 안 되나요?

K0000003_sc65101.jpg

- 정윤수 감독의 <아내가 결혼했다> 촬영현장 -

전처도 아니고, 불륜도 아니다. ‘아내’가 ‘결혼’했다. 정윤수 감독의 <아내가 결혼했다>는 남편 둘을 거느린 호사스런(?) 여자 이야기다. 남편들은 원톱을 차지하겠다고 아옹다옹이나, 정작 감독 지휘봉을 든 아내는 투톱 시스템에 변화가 없다고 잘라 말한다. 아니, 스리톱도 가능하다고 한술 더 뜬다. 결혼만 하면 인아(손예진)의 모든 것을 손에 넣을 수 있을 것이라고 철석같이 믿었던 첫 번째 남편 덕훈(김주혁). “사랑은 둘로 나뉘는 것이 아니라 배로 불어나는 것”이라는 아내의 자유연애론 앞에서 쓰러지고, “그런 인아를 이해할 수 있다”며 세컨드를 자청한 재경(주상욱)의 갑작스런 등장에 코피 흘린다. 벚꽃 날리는 로맨틱한 풍경은 그러니까 분방한 인아를 제대로 실감하지 못한 결혼 전 덕훈의 환상이기도 하다. 제2회 세계문학상 당선작인 박현욱 작가의 동명 소설이 원작. 정윤수 감독(<예스터데이> <지금 사랑하는 사람과 살고 있습니까?>)은 “어느 한편을 동정하거나 응원하는 것이 아니라 유쾌하게 웃다가 이런 사랑도 있구나 하고 느낀다면 좋겠다”고 말한다. 연애의 진화인가, 사랑의 반칙인가. “5월 중순 촬영을 모두 끝낼” 흥미진진한 게임 <아내가 결혼했다>는 9월에 공개된다.

(글) 이영진 anti@cine21.com

(사진) 오계옥 klara@cine21.com

[손예진] 두 남자 거느린 자유로운 삶이 부럽기도 하다

- - - - - - - - -

K0000004_sc65102.jpg

-드라마 <스포트라이트> 촬영이랑 겹쳐서 힘들겠다.

=전에 <클래식>이랑 <대망>이랑 조금 맞물린 것 말고는 같이 한 적이 없어서. 다행히 영화가 거의 끝날 무렵이라 견딜 만하다. 밤샘 촬영 해도 잠 푹 자면 괜찮았는데 이젠 피로가 쌓인다. 흑염소랑 홍삼이랑 달인 보약 먹고 있다.

-김주혁과는 전부터 친했나. 두 배우가 장난이 많아서 스탭들이 불만이라던데. 제발 리허설 좀 진지하게 해달라고.

=NG를 많이 내는 건 아니다. 김주혁 선배님이랑 연인으로, 부부로 스킨십이 많이 나온다. 맞대는 시간이 많고 또 길다. 서로 어색하게 대하면 리얼하게 보이지도 않고. 자연스럽게 표현하려고 애쓰다 보니까 저절로 그런 편한 관계가 되더라. 1분만 제발 진지해달라던 감독님이지만 요즘엔 본인이 한술 더 떠 장난치신다.

-두 남편을 거느린 아내라. 남들 시선을 의식하지 않는 인아 역을 맡으면서 좀 통쾌하겠다.

=우리나라가 여전히 가부장적 사회니까 더 흥미롭게 느껴진다. 제도나 관습을 뒤집는 이야기니까. 물론 남자쪽에서 보면 인아에게 공감을 못할 거다. 자신을 이해하고 받아들일 수 없다면 헤어져도 할 수 없다는 게 원작 속 인아라면 영화 속 인아는 덕훈과도 헤어지고 싶지 않고 동시에 재경과도 사랑한다는 쪽에 방점이 찍혀 있다. 팬 중 한명이 영국에서 실제 두 남편을 둔 아내가 있다면서 관련 자료를 번역해준 게 있는데, 거기 보니까 두 남자가 나를 기다린다는 게 너무 행복하다고 하더라. 저 남자의 부모도 알고, 이쪽 남자의 부모도 알게 되고. 남들과 조금 다른 방식으로 살아갈 뿐 자신은 더 큰 가족을 갖게 돼서 기쁘다면서. 자유로운 삶의 방식을 자기가 선택할 수 있다는 점에서 부럽기도 하다.

-축구 좋아하나. 원작과 달리 축구 이야기를 많이 걷어냈다고 하지만, 극중 인아는 축구 지식을 입에 달고 살아야 하는데.

=윤정환 선수 좋아했다. 2002년 월드컵 때는 이탈리아전을 빼놓고는 모두 현장에서 봤고. 딱, 그 정도다. 인아처럼 해외 클럽들에 대해서까지 꿰고 있는 정도는 아니고.

-덕훈과 인아, 그리고 재경의 얽힌 관계는 영화에선 어떻게 풀리나.

=내 입으로 말할 순 없고. 다만 극중 인아의 대사처럼 사랑을 하면 두배가 된다는 말의 뉘앙스를 알 것 같다. 두 집 살림을 하는 여자를 온전히 이해하는 건 아니지만. (웃음)

(글) 이영진 anti@cine21.com

(사진) 오계옥 klara@cine21.com

Guest chatteraddict

hey apple, we can have the article translated in a couple of days but im just having problems transfering the articles to word file, if you want, you can send me the korean articles already in word file so i can send it to the translator. my computer doesnt want to cooperate with me, all i get are commas and period when im trying to transfer. if you have time, yo can send it to my email, its an_drea1516@yahoo.com

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: ISPLUS 2008.05.01 09:20, MyDaily 2008-05-01 15:40:10, Yonhap 2008-05-01 14:22

MovieWeek's Annual '25 Beautiful Faces'

(chosen by 52 photographers & journalists)

'25 Beautiful Faces' will be featured in Issue #326.

WOMEN

1. Kim Hye-soo 김혜수

2. Jeong Ryeo-won 정려원

3. Jeon Do-yeon 전도연

4. Lim Soo-jeong 임수정

5. Kim Min-hee 김민희

6. Han Ye-seul 한예슬

7. Kim Min-seon 김민선

7. Han Ji-min 한지민

9. Han Chae-yeong 한채영

10. Lee Yeon-hee 이연희

Bae Doo-na 배두나

Son Ye-jin 손예진

Kim Tae-hee 김태희

MEN

1. Ha Jeong-woo 하정우

2. Jang Dong-gun 장동건

3. Jo In-seong 조인성

4. Cha Seung-won 차승원

5. Jo Seung-woo 조승우

6. Won Bin 원빈

7. Kang Dong-won 강동원

8. Ryoo Seung-beom 류승범

9. Jeong woo-seong 정우성

9. Lee Byeong-heon 이병헌

Hwang Jeong-min 황정민

Kim Kang-woo 김강우

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: Hankooki 2008/04/29 02:40:04

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

"Only for reality…" Imitation surgery and training

'Acting tutors' for actors who have professional roles

'Professional dramas' that show the world of professionals, such as reporters, entertainers, doctors, athletes, and music, are becoming a popular genre.

Last year's "Surgeon Bong Dal-hee" and "White Tower" and this year's "New Heart" and "On Air" are drawing popularity. "Spotlight" and "Beethoven Virus", which will show the daily life of a classical musician, is in production or awaiting broadcast.

Professional dramas easily attain high ratings even without great artistic elements, for it shows a world that viewers don't experience.

So it's picked as the best 'success chord'. But there is the pressure of training hat actors must go through to become like these professionals. How do actors acquire the skills to act like a true professional?

For "Spotlight", Ji Jin-hee had drinks with reporters all night and received 'tutoring' from them. To increase the reality of it, a producer who had been a reporter helped Ji Jin-hee and Son Ye-jin's acting.

Son Ye-jin said, "I'm not used to it, but I got to learn the way to ask a detective, 'Is there anything newsworthy?'" Son Ye-jin received tips to wear black clothes that woman reporters wear and to speak with a higher tone in her voice during broadcasts.

Kim Myeong-min, who appears as a classical music conductor in "Beethoven Virus", is receiving conducting lessons from a professional musician three times a week. He is almost memorizing the music and enjoying classical music.

Lee Beom-soo, who is playing a manager in "On Air", is famous for training hard to act like professional characters since the movie "Superstar Mr. Gam".

Lee Beom-soo had to play a left-handed pitcher, and months before filming, he held his chopsticks and wrote with his left hand. In "On Air", he bought a form-fitting suit worth 300 million won with his private money to look like a manager.

Kim Myeong-min, Jo Jae-hyeon, and Ji Seong, who acted as surgeons, all became experts at sewing after filming. Because Kim Myeong-min practiced sewing for many months, doctors said, "Your sewing skills are good enough for appendicitis". Jo Jae-hyeon and Ji Seong are famous for practicing surgery on pig's feet and pig's hearts.

New pics in Spotlight ^^

Click to the link for larger pics

img] snapshotj200805010013tiqk5.jpg

img] snapshotj200805010023ticd6.jpg

img] snapshotj200805010032tieo7.jpg

img]http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6391/snapshotj200805010016qf5.jpg

img]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4418/snapshotj200805010028sp7.jpgimg] snapshotj200805010031zp7.jpg

img] snapshotj200805010037fp4.jpgimg] snapshotj200805010038fb0.jpg

Credit to DC inside

thanks cherylnguyen and welcome to Son Ye Jin thread!

d'ya haf de link uv de trailer?

Here is the link: http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=sonye...6223&page=1

Directly from DC inside.

Thank you for your welcome. I'm usually a silent member in soompi but I visit here often because Son Ye Jin onnie is my favourite actress for about 7 years now (starting to like her in her first drama ^^ ). I will try to write more when I visit. Have a nice day to everyone!

Guest abegail_p2003

it's the first time i've seen those clips w/ jo in sung and jo seung woo...i got the part where jo seung woo was saying how pretty ye jin is but that's all i understood...i'm interested to know what ye jin and jo in sung were laughing about as well as that with cha tae hyun...can anyone pls translate? thank you so much!!!

Here is the link: http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=sonye...6223&page=1

Directly from DC inside.

Thank you for your welcome. I'm usually a silent member in soompi but I visit here often because Son Ye Jin onnie is my favourite actress for about 7 years now (starting to like her in her first drama ^^ ). I will try to write more when I visit. Have a nice day to everyone!

no worries mate. :) we are glad to haf u home here wif us..

what first drama uv hers? izzit Summer Scent huh? tat series

also introduced me to our onnie.... i went ga-ga over SYJ after

watching it! she is juz so beautiful in there plus de fact tat i lurve

de guy lead SeungHun....

yeah hope to hear from u again....

@quteacho: from her drama "Delicious Proposal". I have not watched the entire Summer Scent though because I was busy to study at that time. Also my family does not like korean drama ^^ But now I am oversea so I can download and watch in my own time.

I will write more but because I usually read comments and news rather than post comments (ashamed). I went here many times but never talk :) Anyway, I will look for new pics in DC.

We actually have made a fansite for Son Ye Jin in Viet Nam. One of her fan did it but it has been built up and still needs to be updated. We also have a place for members in Viet Nam to discuss and show our love to Hamil. Not many people though but we enjoy it. Hope that after Spotlight, more fans will come to Son Ye Jin's home as well as realizing her beauty and talent in acting.

Oh no. The fansite this time is new one. I visited ss sandrydc last time to get some pictures. It was not updated for long time because she was busy (i suppose). The fansite now is still new and updating. I will give you the link when it's finished ^^ but it's in Vietnamese though.

Edit:

New pics

eee.jpg

ttt.jpg

Credit to DC inside

Guest kdramafanusa

일본의 한국 드라마 리메이크, 어떤 것이 있나?

리메이크 드라마 특집 4

조선닷컴 콘텐츠사업부 윤아영 웹PD ayyoon@chosun.com

입력시간 : 2008.05.02 09:28 / 수정시간 : 2008.05.02 19:03

일본에서 이루어지는 한국드라마 리메이크, 단순히 한류를 소비하는 데에 그치지 않고 이를 일본화, 현지화 시킨다는 점에서 눈여겨 볼만하다.

2001년 방영당시 한국에서도 큰 인기를 끌었던 MBC 드라마 '호텔리어'는 일본 방영 후 욘사마 열풍과 함께 큰 화제가 되었던 작품이다. 고급 호텔의 인수 합병(M&A)과정에서 M&A 전문가 배용준과 호텔 지배인 김승우, 여자 지배인 송윤아, 호텔 합병을 추진하는 사업가의 딸 송혜교 등의 얽히고 설킨 사랑을 그린 '호텔리어'는 여러 극장에서 10시간 연속 상영 이벤트를 벌일 만큼 화제가 되었다.

2007년 TV아사히는 이러한 열풍에 힘입어 '호텔리어'를 리메이크, 4월에 방영을 시작했으며 특별 게스트로 배용준 및 SS501을 등장시켜 한류를 이용한 인기몰이 효과를 봤다는 평이다.

2001년 한국의 흥행영화로 우뚝 섰던 윤제균 감독의 '두사부일체'도 2006년 니혼 TV의 '마이 보스, 마이 히어로'라는 제목으로 리메이크 방영됐다. 야쿠자의 젊은 두목이 엉뚱한 일로부터 신분을 숨겨 고교 3 학년에 편입하는 이야기의 학원 청춘 코미디는 평균 19%의 높은 시청률 기록했다.

2008050200325_0.jpg

▲ 손예진-정우성 주연의 영화 '내 머리 속의 지우개' /사진=조선일보 DB

2004년 이재한 감독, 손예진-정우성 주연의 영화 '내 머리 속의 지우개'는 니혼 TV원작 "퓨어 소울-내가 너를 잊어도'를 리메이크 했던 작품으로, 리메이크작을 일본에서 다시 리메이크한 특이한 경우다. 영화 '내 머리 속의 지우개'가 2005년 일본에서 흥행 돌풍을 일으켰던 탓인지, 2007년 드라마 리메이크 작품은 영화 제목을 그대로 사용했으며 후카다 교코(24)와 오이카와 미츠히로(37)가 주인공을 맡았다. 원작 드라마를 제작했던 가라키 노리히코 감독이 그대로 감독을 맡았으며, 사장 딸과 목수라는 설정이 미술학교 학생과 화가로 재 탄생했다.

2008050200325_1.jpg

▲ 전지현-차태현 주연의 '엽기적인 그녀' / 사진=조선일보 DB

최근 작품으로는 현재 일본 TBS에서 방영중인 전지현-차태현 주연의 '엽기적인 그녀'를 들 수 있다. 인기 그룹 SMAP의 쿠사나기 츠요시(34)가 차태현 역을, 다나카 레나(28)가 전지현역을 맡았으며 첫 회에는 배우 장혁이 '한류스타 장혁'으로 까메오 출연하기도 했다. “日판 ‘엽기적인 그녀’는 잡탕극” 이라는 혹평을 받고 있는 가운데, 시청률은 13.5%로 무난하지만 기대보다 낮았다는 평도 함께 받고 있는 이 드라마의 귀추가 주목된다.

remake_bnr.jpg

http://spn.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2...8050200336.html

This article is the 4th in the series about Korean/Japanese Remakes.

Japanese Remakes of Korean Works

Drama "Hotelier" (2001, MBC) -> "Hotelier" (2007, TV Asahi drama)

Movie "My Boss, My Hero" (2001) -> "My Boss, My Hero" (2006, NTV drama) with TOKIO member Nagase Tomoya

Movie "My Sassy Girl" (2001) -> "Ryokiteki Na Kanojo" (2008, TBS drama) with SMAP member Kusanagi Tsuyoshi and Tanaka Rena

Son Ye-jin & Jung Woo-sung's movie "A Moment To Remember" (2004) was based on Japanese drama "Pure Soul ~ Kimi Ga Boku Wo Wasuretemo ~ / Even If You Forget Me" (2001, YTV). After "AMTR" became a big hit in Japan in 2005, it was remade into Japanese drama special "Watashi No Atama No Naka No Keshigomu / An Eraser In My Head" (2007, NTV) again with Fukada Kyoko and Oikawa Mitsuhiro.

Guest kdramafanusa

2008.05.02 07:33

굿바이 멜로 여왕!…손예진, 드라마·스크린서 색다른 도전

200805020193.jpg

두 명의 남편을 둔 여자, 화장은커녕 머리도 못 감을 만큼 바쁜 방송사 보도국 사회부 기자.

배우 손예진(26)이 이 두 가지 도전에 나서며 팔색조 변신의 매력을 뽐낸다.

최근까지 손예진은 ‘멜로의 여왕’ 혹은 ‘눈물의 여왕’으로 불렸다. 영화 ‘클래식’, ‘내 머리 속의 지우개’, ‘연애소설’ 그리고 ‘외출’ 등을 통해 손예진은 멜로의 주인공으로 관객을 감동시켜왔다. 어긋난 사랑의 아쉬움도, 아슬한 불륜의 위기도 손예진의 깊은 눈빛을 거치면 설렘으로 다가왔다.

하지만 그녀는 ‘멜로의 여왕’을 미련없이 떠나보냈다. 영화 ‘아내가 결혼했다’(감독 정윤수·제작 주피터필름)와 MBC 새 수목드라마 ‘스포트라이트’(극본 이기원· 연출 김도훈)는 지금까지 그녀가 노력해온 변신의 정점. 그것도 동시에 진행 중이다.

친근한 역할로 변신을 시작한 ‘작업의 정석’, 현실적인 모습의 ‘연애시대’, 그리고 팜므파탈의 진한 매력을 선보였던 ‘무방비도시’까지 손예진의 변신은 계속됐다. 그리고 ‘아내와 결혼했다’와 ‘스포트라이트’는 이전보다 훨씬 복잡한 변신이 필요한 현재진행형이다.

20080501-39.jpg

‘아내가 결혼했다’에서 손예진은 남편에게 “다른 남자와 결혼하고 싶어. 법적인 것은 상관없어. 괜찮지?”라고 말하는, 세상에서 가장 솔직한(?) 여자다. 불륜은 커녕 이혼도 안 된다는 남편을 둘이나 거느린 호사를 누린다.

‘스포트라이트’의 손예진은 다른 사람에게 스포트라이트를 비추는 일이 직업인 기자다. 하지만 멈추지 않고 스스로 스포트라이트를 받는 앵커의 자리에 도전하는 성공드라마다.

두 여성 캐릭터 모두 착하디 착하고 우연히 찾아온 행운에 신데렐라가 되는 멜로의 주인공이 아니다. 방식은 전혀 다르지만 자신이 원하는 꿈과 사랑을 갖기 위해 온몸을 내던지는 공통점이 있다.

손예진은 데뷔 이후 단 한 번도 겹치기 출연을 하지 않았다. 하지만 ‘아내가 결혼했다’ 촬영 도중 받은 ‘스포트라이트’의 시놉시스를 보고 매력에 푹 빠져 출연을 결정했다. 손예진의 매니저 조상열 실장은 “지난 한 달 동안 고생을 많이 했다. 영화는 막바지 촬영, 드라마는 캐릭터를 잡아나가는 초기 촬영이 겹쳤다. 하지만 두 배역에 대한 애착이 너무 커서 어느 때보다 웃음이 넘친다”고 밝혔다.

두 작품 사이의 제작 간극도 이 같은 애착에 불을 댕겼다. 드라마 ‘스포트라이트’는 5월 14일 첫 방송한다. 영화 ‘아내가 결혼했다’는 9월 혹은 10월 개봉할 예정이다. 영화 후반부 촬영 때 드라마를 시작해 지금까지 스케줄 소화에 큰 무리는 없었다.

20080501-38.jpg

‘아내가 결혼했다’의 주피터필름 제작 담당자는 “손예진, 김주혁 등 배우들이 배역에 푹 빠져 있다. 예정보다 훨씬 빠르게 촬영이 진행되고 있다. 촬영 회차가 예정보다 줄어들어 곧 모든 촬영 일정이 끝날 듯 보인다. 배우들이 신나게 연기하니까 현장에도 활기가 넘친다”고 말했다.

손예진은 두 가지 변신을 한꺼번에 하는 대가로 밤샘촬영은 기본이고 쉬는 날도 없다. 보약을 먹으며 하루하루를 견디지만 마음만은 즐겁다.

내 손안의 뉴스 동아 모바일 401 + 네이트, 매직n, ez-i

ⓒ 동아일보 & donga.com, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지

http://www.donga.com/fbin/output?n=200805020193