Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Love And Hallyu: Most Romantic Korean Movies Of All Time

Muskan Jaiswal
Wed, 7 September 2022, 4:00 AM

5f4269850db59a73d8d70b4a79c026bc

K-dramas and K-pop music are certainly responsible for spreading the Hallyu wave across the globe. However, Korean romantic movies are no less influential, as they have built a strong fan base with their sensational storylines, fresh concepts and intense romance.

While movies like My Sassy Girl garnered international popularity and became a major hit throughout Asia, The Handmaiden, from acclaimed director Park Chan-wook, bagged the first ever win for a Korean film at the BAFTA Awards in 2018.

This shows how well-received Korean romantic cinema is among critics and romantic film lovers. And, though Korean cinema excels in all genres, the romance section alone deserves praise for the unique tales, leaving viewers asking for more.

Additionally, within romantic movies there is something for everyone — dramatic romance, romantic comedies, atypical romance and more. And some can be called truly exceptional with power-packed emotions and top-notch performances, making them stand out from the list.

The most romantic Korean movies to watch 

The Classic (2003)

5f4269850db59a73d8d70b4a79c026bc

Image: Courtesy of IMDb

Another hit from My Sassy Girl’s Kwak Jae-yong is The Classic. It features Son Ye-jin of 2019 hit romantic drama Crash Landing On You and Zo In-sung in the lead roles.

The romance drama movie revolves around the parallel love stories of a mother and daughter, Ji-hae and Ju-hie, both played by Son.

The movie opens with Ji-hae finding an old box with letters. As she begins to read, each letter takes the audience to the flashback while showing her mother’s love story. Meanwhile, Ji-hae is presently in love with a fellow student, Sang-min, played by Zo.

Cited as one of the best romantic Korean movies ever made, The Classic brilliantly follows the concept of dual-storytelling while also displaying the emotions of mothers and daughters.

A Moment To Remember (2004)

554cb8cca61b860c3c3c305d597c2f83

Image: Courtesy of IMDb

If you are an emotional person, A Moment To Remember is sure to leave you teary-eyed.

The movie stars Son Ye-jin as Kim Su-jin, who has a rich background. However, she soon falls in love with Cheol-su, a rough foreman, played by Jung Woo-sung.

The two get married to kick-start their love story, but the plot takes a turn when Su-jin is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. Originally jaded and tough, Cheol-su begins to soften and stays by her side as her condition worsens.

Even though the love between the two characters is the best part of the film, the writers have done a remarkable job in penning a beautiful character with Alzheimer’s disease.

The film is sure to touch your heart indeed.

'Prospective Dad' Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin and Son Ye-jin, what are you doing for the first holiday after marriage... Busy

2022.09.09. 6:01 

SOURCE

0003085719_001_20220909060115980.jpg?typ

Actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin celebrated their first holiday after marriage. As prospective parents, how will the two of them, who are waiting for a baby, spend this Chuseok holiday? 

Hyun Bin spends the Chuseok holiday promoting the movie, such as the stage greetings for the movie 'Cooperation 2: International', which was released on the 7th. First, Hyun Bin spends private time with his family on the first day of his Chuseok holiday and on her Chuseok day without an official schedule. He will follow her on the 11th and 12th, where she will meet the audience directly in theaters with Yoo Hae-jin, Im Yoon-ah, Jin Seon-kyu and Lee Seok-hoon.

On the 11th, starting with Lotte Cinema Gimpo Airport, the audience will meet at Megabox Mok-dong, CGV Yeongdeungpo, Lotte Cinema Yeongdeungpo, and CGV Yongsan I'Park Mall. On the 12th, they will greet the stage at CGV Wangsimni, Lotte Cinema Konkuk University, Lotte Cinema World Tower, Megabox COEX, and CGV Apgujeong. 

This Chuseok theater district 'Cooperation 2: International' is the only theater to be released this year, and Hyun Bin, the main actor of the movie, will go around the stage with the actors to greet the audience and breathe with the audience.

0003085719_002_20220909060116026.jpg?typ

Actor Hyun Bin is smiling while attending the showcase for the movie 'Cooperation 2: International' held at Lotte Cinema World Tower in Songpa-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 5th. 'Cooperation 2: International' is a North Korean detective 'Lim Cheol-ryeong' (Hyun Bin) who meets again to catch a global criminal organization, and 'Kang Jin-tae' (Yoo Hae-jin), a South Korean detective. It is a movie depicting an unpredictable triangular cooperative investigation of detectives who have united for their own purposes. It will open on the 7th. /Photo = Reporter Kim Chang-hyun chmt@

Previously, Hyun Bin expressed his feelings about becoming a prospective father in an interview with 'Cooperation 2: International'. Hyun Bin said, "I just can't feel it yet. When I ask around, they say that I need to see it in front of my eyes to feel it." "I think so too. It's such a big blessing, so I'm waiting with a good heart." 

After his marriage, Hyun Bin became her prospective father. As much as her personally happy news, he also has a good reaction to the movie 'Cooperation 2: International', so she is more anticipating. He pays attention to Hyun Bin and how many audiences she will be able to gather at the Chuseok theater this year. 

It’s really interesting Hyun Bin’s smile changed like Son Ye-jin

Hyunbin's smile caught the eyes of netizens.
Hyunbin, please answer the question with your eyes.

SOURCE

1-F0-A0-E7-B-F222-477-C-A20-D-88-B06445-
Mr. and Mrs. Hyunbin and Mr. Son Ye-jin / VAST Entertainment will be provided below.

Couples resemble each other when they fall in love?

The recent status of the actor couple, Son Ye-jin and Hyun-bin, who received great attention due to the meeting of top stars, caught netizens' attention.Recently, a post titled "Hyun Bin whose smiling face has changed like Son Ye-jin" was posted on SNS, drawing attention.  

The post compares the recent photos of Hyun-bin, who appeared on Naver Now at the end of last month and promoted the movie "Cooperation 2: International," with Son Ye-jin's "eye smile" photos released through various media in the past.

Surprisingly, the comparison photo of the two drew surprise as it contained eye smiles that resembled each other.Netizens responded by leaving comments such as, "It's really the same. I don't think he smiled like that before," and, "Wow, Hyun Bin didn't smile with his eyes and mouth. It's amazing that he looks like a smile."

In this regard, Hyun Bin said in a recent media video interview, "I saw it, too.That's what it.I don't know if it's because I saw Son Ye-jin smiling next to me, but I guess I'm starting to resemble her."

tvN "유 퀴즈 온 더 블럭"

tvN's "You Quiz on the Block".

Spoiler

손예진 / 뉴스1
Son Ye-jin / News 1

현빈 / 이하 네이버 나우

Hyunbin / Hereinafter Naver Now

Spoiler

3-B2-E4-BE8-6-AB6-4-B85-A780-FE08223-C51

Spoiler

tvN "사랑의 불시착" 제작발표회 당시 현빈, 손예진 / 뉴스1

At the production presentation of tvN's "Crash Landing on You", Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin / News 1

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, who developed into lovers by appearing together in the tvN drama "Crash Landing on You" aired at the end of 2019, held a wedding of the century at a hotel in Seoul in March.Three months after their marriage, the two received a lot of congratulations and support for their pregnancy in June.Son Ye-jin is known to be devoted to prenatal education.

Netizens Believe Actor Hyun Bin’s Way Of Smiling Has Changed Since Getting Married To Son Ye Jin

Brb, we are just getting very emotional!

In a world where we are told fairy tales don’t exist, one couple has proved that it couldn’t be further from the truth. After getting close while filming the hit K-Drama Crash Landing On You, actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin quickly became the hottest couple in the K-Drama industry.

MrKWGwv1LKyk8mawm93s3iyQnYYJGYPkxyGZfI-J3dW1UJOfgk1PaqzcLLepCv04Rnr2PbQC91OL_NkYsqtrm5HUyfYAdhUU0HBFPzFhfPKn1XR7=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 Son Ye Jin (left) and Hyun Bin (right) | @yejinhand/Instagram

When they got married earlier in the year, it was one of the hottest events of the year and netizens stayed tuned to see glimpses of the beautifully romantic ceremony.

It was even sweeter when it was announced that Son Ye Jin was pregnant and the couple was going to have a baby later in the year. The actress shared the emotional news in an Instagram post and netizens worldwide couldn’t hide their excitement.

How are you all doing? I’ve been doing well. I’d like carefully share some very happy news with everyone.

We are expecting a new life in our family..

I’m still flustered, but I’m currently going day by day, feeling the changes in by body and feeling both worry and excitement.

I’m so thankful, but I wasn’t able to tell anyone yet as I had to be very careful about it.

I would like to tell my fans and the people around me who were waiting for this news as much as we were, before it’s too late.

We will protect the precious life that has come to us. I hope you all stay healthy, keeping the things you hold precious in your life close to you.

I wish you all happiness

— Son Ye Jin

Recently, Hyun Bin has been promoting his newest movie, Confidential Assignment 2: International. It isn’t surprising that throughout, the actor has shined with his charisma. Yet, one event stood out the most.

Hyun Bin appeared on NAVER NOW‘s Movie Talk and, as expected, boasted of his handsome visual wearing a simple navy shirt and black pants.

Spoiler

pants.

f7T01MvmhvZsz2XSOyT4GsXmF5Plce58BD2L-tUoG4UQYQ1Irn0UqowK35O0Lh6czRYYB8_JYmR9iY81KcQWgByDbBouBLlUfRBZkBo5DSlEZZ0=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | @vast.ent/Instagram

After the event, a netizen caught the attention of both international and Korean fans with a post that showed how Hyun Bin is starting to smile, just like his wife Son Ye Jin. In the post, the user put pictures of both Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin smiling, and the recent shots of the actor seemed to perfectly reflect her smile.

FVc17FIOqmG7nBstzWZ6vShdr4Rpn3FTD6KZYkcM_QqPXmB2NwEdMgWaC4irKTuaoaM33tjNMZPChH0Fd3ZK7fJqGIs7SZVHVM48EKxch_CJ0w=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

| Wikitree

The post got thousands of likes, and it was clear to see why it was so popular. Alongside the smile, it seems like the duo has always meant to be together, with comparisons of them as young children showing the similarities.

After years of rumors, the confirmation that they were dating, their marriage, and now a baby on the way, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are truly marriage goals. Since the big day, Hyun Bin has had the biggest smile on his face and never fails to look like he’s on “Cloud 9” whenever his wife and child are mentioned.

SOURCE:

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/actor-hyun-bin-smile-changed-since-marriage-son-ye-jin-resemblance/

Netizens Believe Actor Hyun Bin’s Way Of Smiling Has Changed Since Getting Married To Son Ye Jin

Brb, we are just getting very emotional!

SOURCE

3QMBisGQGU6ex2kXneW2Yp-ovt3UEWIDxLJT6dNY

In a world where we are told fairy tales don’t exist, one couple has proved that it couldn’t be further from the truth. After getting close while filming the hit K-Drama Crash Landing On You, actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin quickly became the hottest couple in the K-Drama industry.

MrKWGwv1LKyk8mawm93s3iyQnYYJGYPkxyGZfI-J3dW1UJOfgk1PaqzcLLepCv04Rnr2PbQC91OL_NkYsqtrm5HUyfYAdhUU0HBFPzFhfPKn1XR7=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365Son Ye Jin (left) and Hyun Bin (right) | @yejinhand/Instagram

When they got married earlier in the year, it was one of the hottest events of the year and netizens stayed tuned to see glimpses of the beautifully romantic ceremony.

It was even sweeter when it was announced that Son Ye Jin was pregnant and the couple was going to have a baby later in the year. The actress shared the emotional news in an Instagram post and netizens worldwide couldn’t hide their excitement.

How are you all doing? I’ve been doing well. I’d like carefully share some very happy news with everyone.

We are expecting a new life in our family..

I’m still flustered, but I’m currently going day by day, feeling the changes in by body and feeling both worry and excitement.

I’m so thankful, but I wasn’t able to tell anyone yet as I had to be very careful about it.

I would like to tell my fans and the people around me who were waiting for this news as much as we were, before it’s too late.

We will protect the precious life that has come to us. I hope you all stay healthy, keeping the things you hold precious in your life close to you.

I wish you all happiness

— Son Ye Jin

Recently, Hyun Bin has been promoting his newest movie, Confidential Assignment 2: International. It isn’t surprising that throughout, the actor has shined with his charisma. Yet, one event stood out the most.

Hyun Bin appeared on NAVER NOW‘s Movie Talk and, as expected, boasted of his handsome visual wearing a simple navy shirt and black pants.

After the event, a netizen caught the attention of both international and Korean fans with a post that showed how Hyun Bin is starting to smile, just like his wife Son Ye Jin. In the post, the user put pictures of both Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin smiling, and the recent shots of the actor seemed to perfectly reflect her smile.

FVc17FIOqmG7nBstzWZ6vShdr4Rpn3FTD6KZYkcM_QqPXmB2NwEdMgWaC4irKTuaoaM33tjNMZPChH0Fd3ZK7fJqGIs7SZVHVM48EKxch_CJ0w=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365
| Wikitree

Spoiler

d4xarwIDoaKhFW0C8FeRDkUdjGFYaje7V67zTZ-TW12b1c53k6CTTLmQewmtxugbuTUZuIfrTznMp35_sGRtMkTt1za-mgi-_Mm-nzEBtjNmQe_r=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

The post got thousands of likes, and it was clear to see why it was so popular. Alongside the smile, it seems like the duo has always meant to be together, with comparisons of them as young children showing the similarities.

After years of rumors, the confirmation that they were dating, their marriage, and now a baby on the way, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are truly marriage goals. Since the big day, Hyun Bin has had the biggest smile on his face and never fails to look like he’s on “Cloud 9” whenever his wife and child are mentioned.

Korean Celebrities With Remarkable Fan Service: IU, Lee Dong Wook, Son Ye Jin, More

BY Geca Wills Sep 09, 2022 10:00 PM EDT

Despite being top stars, some K-drama actors and actresses boast a remarkable connection to their supporters by showing them great fan service. These Korean celebrities redefined the meaning of fan service as they give back by showing kindness and outstanding affection. 

From IU, Lee Dong Wook, Son Ye Jin, and more, here are 5 K-stars who are often lauded for their love for fans. 

Son Ye Jin

Son Ye Jin
(Photo : Son Ye Jin Official Instagram)
Son Ye Jin Goes Viral Because of THIS

The Hallyu star and soon-to-be mom always considers her fans with every milestone that she has. 

From upcoming K-dramas to random activities, she often updates fans on Instagram. 

Interestingly, during her engagement and pregnancy announcement, she made sure to tell her followers first before media outlets reported it. 

In one of her posts, she acknowledged how her fans have been with her since day one and expressed her deep gratitude to them.

SOURCE:

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/126532/20220909/korean-celebrities-remarkable-fan-service-iu-lee-dong-wook.htm

Hyun Bin Said He Can't Wait To Be A Dad, 'I Keep Smiling About It'

The Crash Landing On You star also revealed something he noticed about himself since they married.

Hyun Bin Said He Can't Wait To Be A Dad, 'I Keep Smiling About It' 

PHOTO BY INSTAGRAM /VAST.ENT /YEJINHAND

We seriously can't wait to add Hyun Bin to our list of Korean celebrities who recently become a father and he's also excited for the new chapter in his life!

In an interview, the actor shared that he's looking forward to meeting his bundle of joy.

On September 1, Hyun Bin attended a press con where he was asked questions about his new project, Confidential Assignment 2: International, as well as his personal life.

One reporter asked him how he feels about Son Ye Jin's pregnancy and he candidly said that he can't believe it.

"I asked around, and a lot of people told me that it's usually like that before the baby is born, but I'll start believing it once I see the baby. It'll probably be the same for me. It's such a huge blessing, so I just keep smiling about it. I'm really happy. I can't wait until I meet the baby."

hyun-bin-cosmo-1.jpg
PHOTO BY INSTAGRAM /VAST.ENT

Hyun Bin also added that nothing has changed since their wedding but he believes that there will be adjustments once the baby is born. If there's something he noticed, it's that he now looks like Ye Jin! Recently, fans have been saying that they are starting to look like each other especially when they smile.

luxury-ye-jin.jpg
PHOTO BY LUXURY MAGAZINE

Hyun Bin also shared that Confidential Assignment 2: International received good feedback and he read the comments with his wife. When asked if they share acting tips with each other, he relayed: "We usually tell one another when we get offers, but we don't give any advice to each other on our acting. Ye Jin did recommend me a book the other day. I'm about to begin shooting a new movie 'Harbin' (literal title) so..." *wink*

Dubbed the couple of the century, BinJin tied the knot in March this year which was attended by A-list actors. By June, Ye Jin personally announced her pregnancy on her Instagram account.

SOURCE:

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/hyun-bin-happiness-father-to-be-a4575-20220907