Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Song Yoonah IG post and seem like she was at Son Yejin and Hyun Bin Guri Podoville Penthouse. And master chef Hyun Bin was grilling at the patio, behind Song Yoonah. 

“Everything was perfect…The day I was thankful for everything…

The day everything was touching…” ~ Song Yoonah, 2022/07/02

ABA505-BC-5842-403-A-B294-514-BF439-DF60

Spoiler

A4-AA688-C-BD07-4663-A5-D8-C3-CDCA9-D367

Spoiler

Hyun Bin & Son Ye Jin become dad and mom!  I want to see it again "Crash Landing on You" Couple's Love Love Moment

From the first co-star to the present when the marriage / wedding and pregnancy were announced, we look back on the two people's friendly shots!

By 

Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin

Courtesy of Instagram @ vast.ent

Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin got married on March 31, 2022. Just the other day, Son Ye Jin announced her pregnancy. The two played the roles of the main characters Lee Jeong-hyuk and the heroine Yoon Se-ri in the Korean drama "Crash Landing on You", and then developed into a relationship in real life and got married. Introducing the two people's friendly two-shots that couldn't be hidden from that time.

719-C2-BBF-3845-46-E6-A0-D3-80-BA60-AD96

Son Ye Jin announces pregnancy! Crash landing couple becomes dad and mom ♡

The two returned home from a sweet honeymoon in April with plenty of hot mood. While the lingering sound did not cool down, I received another happy news.

Currently, Son Ye Jin's stomach has a new life. "Crash Landing on You" couple will become the long-awaited dad and mom!

Lee Jeong-hyuk, played by Hyun Bin in the drama "Crash Landing on You", was saddened by the scene where he said, "I want to marry you and want twins." The path you take is like another story of a drama, and it makes me excited as a drama fan.

"I want to see you. You have white hair, wrinkles, and you're aging. It's beautiful." Lee Jeong-hyuk's quote is also a reality !? 

25ANS JAPAN

25ANS JAPAN

25ANS JAPAN

source: northernlights  

Hyun Bin ♥ Son Ye Jin → Won Bin ♥ Na Young, the top actor couple who became parents after 3 months 

2022.07.03  8:02am 

In the last week of June, actors Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin announced their pregnancy after three months of marriage. At the same time, the news of the pregnancy of the top actors Won Bin and Lee Na-young in the past was also brought to the spotlight.

0000160132_001_20220703080201627.jpg?type=w430

◆"Protect your precious life well"... Hyun Bin ♥ Son Ye-jin Announces Her Pregnancy

On the 27th, Son Ye-jin announced the news of her pregnancy through her Instagram, saying "a new life has come". She said, "I'm still stunned, but I'm living day by day feeling the changes in her body amidst worries and excitement." 

She said, "I'm very grateful, but I'm so careful that I haven't been able to tell the people around me yet." "To the fans and people around us who will be waiting for this news just as much as we are, I'm going to tell the news before it's too late. I will protect our precious lives. I hope you are staying healthy by protecting the things that are important to your life.”

0000160132_002_20220703080201649.png?type=w430

Earlier in May, she was engulfed in pregnancy rumors once. Netizens speculate that Son Ye-jin in a one-piece outfit looks like her stomach is slightly protruding and is pregnant. However, at the time, the agency denied it, saying, "It's not true. If something good happens, Son Ye-jin will let you know." After a month, Son Ye-jin directly revealed that she was pregnant. 

Son Ye-jin, who married actor Hyun Bin of the same age, on March 31st. The two met through the movie 'Negotiation' and once again worked together in the drama 'Crash Landing on You'. After that, they officially admitted their relationship in 2021. 

At the time of the marriage announcement, Son Ye-jin said, "(Hyun Bin) is the person I will spend the rest of my life with." Hyun Bin also said, "I made a promise to her who will always make me smile. We will walk through her future days together, and in his work, Jeong-hyuk and Seri will try to take that one step together."

◆"I have a new family"... Won Bin ♥ Na-young Announces Pregnancy

In 2015, before Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin even started dating, Won Bin and Lee Na-young also drew the public's attention when they announced their pregnancy after 3 months of marriage. 

At the time, Won Bin and Lee Na-young's agency, Eden Nine, said in an official press release, "Lee Na-young and Won Bin, who were living their newlywed lives like any other couple, taking care of each other, have a new family. The two of them, who became members of the public, are grateful to be able to share the news of their new family while working together step-by-step through the precious plans of their lives as well as their work activities.”

Spoiler

0000160132_003_20220703080201738.jpg?type=w430

He added, "Both of them expressed their gratitude, saying, "Thanks to many people who have sent me many blessings." 

Won Bin and Lee Na-young started dating in 2012. The two had a secret wedding ceremony in Jeongseon, Gangwon-do. Afterwards, the two had a healthy son in their arms in December of the same year. 

SOURCE

[Hot] Stars who are about to give birth this year

DD5-F8850-2710-458-C-A628-21849-A409629.

[Han Jo-young|News Daily]

The happy news that 'a precious life has come' to the couple Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin has been heard, and congratulations from domestic and foreign fans are pouring in. The two are now preparing to hold a child in their arms as a prospective mother and father. And we looked at the stars who are working hard on prenatal education as much as these. 

SOURCE (1)

"A precious life has come"... Hyun Bin ♥ Son Ye-jin, become parents

CFD55505-0-C8-E-4-EF1-9670-92244-A32-BCC

126-DE552-209-B-41-BB-BDFB-EFC7651-B9105

Actor Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin will become parents. 

Son Ye-jin was the first to tell her fans the good news of her 2-year-old, saying, "Her new life has come" through her SNS on the 27th. 

She also said, "I'm still stunned, but I'm feeling it day by day due to the changes in her body amidst worries and excitement." added. 

Lee Jung-hyun, who is known as her best friend, left a congratulatory message and drew attention by expressing affection, saying, "My Blessing and Tiger's friend." 

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin couple, who had a movie-like wedding in March with the blessings of many people. As it was the birth of a top star couple, every move from dating rumors to today's news of the second generation is becoming a hot topic. 

In particular, as the video of the official ceremony spread to such an extent that the private wedding ceremony was colorless, the agency also released the wedding photos through the official SNS account. 

The honeymoon was no exception. From departure to arrival at LA airport, the camera baptism of reporters and fans did not stop. In response, Hyun Bin took care of her Son Ye-jin from start to finish. 

On the way home from their sweet honeymoon, the reporters and fans warmly welcomed the two of them, who even posed for the reporters, showing their top star-like appearance. 

Meanwhile, the couple Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin were rumored to be pregnant in May, but their agency confirmed that it was not true.

Currently, Son Ye-jin is said to be concentrating on prenatal education.

SOURCE (2)

• Like 1

Son Yejin liked Song Yoonah latest IG post

Song Yoonah latest IG posted her party time and seem like she was at Son Yejin and Hyun Bin Guri penthouse.  

”Everything was perfect…The day I was thankful for everything…The day everything was touching…”  ~ Song Yoonah, 2922/07/02

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfg5l8ABfv8/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

ABA505-BC-5842-403-A-B294-514-BF439-DF60

A4-AA688-C-BD07-4663-A5-D8-C3-CDCA9-D367

Spoiler

• Love 2

A week ago when Son Yejin shares through her IG that she and Hyun Bin are expecting their first child. Nation first love is going to be the most beautiful mom 

“Everyone how are you? I’m doing good. Today I am carefully sharing some good news with you. A new life has found it’s way to us. I am still flustered but I have been feeling the new changes in my body everyday in the middle of Anxiety and excitement . I am thankful but I was careful that I haven’t even told those around me about this yet. I would like to relay this news to the fans and those around us who have been expecting this news before it was too late..I will protect this precious life that has come to us. I hope everyone also protects the precious things in your life too. I wish you all good health. I wish you happiness” ~ Yejinhand IG, 2022/06/27

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfTQycjOKkC/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

:cheers:

8-D488214-760-B-4373-9110-3160-E87-EF89-

84284522-B871-4002-B8-AC-CB487-E8-AA081.

B094-AC77-69-D4-4-CC5-B801-7-B847622-CEF

ctto

• Like 1

OP visited the Sogeun-ri Makguku (buckwheat) restaurant Son Yejin and her husband Hyun Bin went last November and gave their autographs. 

“I also ate my favourite buckwheat noodles.  It’s Sogun-ri buckwheat noodles.  It is a secret restaurant.   Son Yejin and Hyun Bin came recently and it became more famous” ~ OP 

Spoiler

from OP blog

4-FEC6184-6887-478-D-BE79-AA4-EA9-A89-BF

628-D23-D8-A345-48-A7-8643-82-FB8-FA1-EE

2-B9-B41-A4-5-ABC-454-E-B79-A-C1-A785-BD

1-CAB0-DA8-7-DBA-4657-B8-EC-381-CCD4-B85

Spoiler

23-F9543-B-C7-F9-4091-B1-B3-FDC5-D1-ED70

BCA4473-D-DC2-B-428-B-9-B78-10-E65-A8877

A43-A5-ADD-E000-4-D4-F-B0-F1-EB165-C346-

F8-D0-E3-E1-A997-4-AB5-A89-A-13-A8-DF278

• Like 1

The musical <Crash Landing On You> prologue teaser poster released.  The musical will be running from 2022/09/16 to 2022/11/13 at COEX Shinhan Card Artium

C982-A0-EE-0563-4197-81-D8-0030372-DEA39

68-E19836-751-A-48-FD-B6-B7-C0-AA803922-

Spoiler

COEX Shinhan Card Artium

2-DA24-C09-D1-F0-4218-9-F71-99-E6-A1-B78

A5-F47-CDC-CC34-46-F5-89-A0-A6-E201-BC90

Who will be Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin? Musical 'Crash Landing on You' opens on September 16

2022.07.04  09:00am

2022070400015_0.jpg

▲ Musical 'Crash Landing on You' prologue teaser poster. ⓒPop Music, T2N Media

[Shin Sung-ah | New Daily]

The musical 'Crash Landing on You' announced the start of the world premiere journey by releasing the prologue teaser poster.

Based on the original tvN drama 'Crash Landing on You' starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, the drama is a secret love story of Yoon Se-ri, a heiress of a conglomerate who crash-landed in North Korea in a paragliding accident with a gust of wind, and Ri Jeong-hyeok, a special officer who hides and protects her and falls in love with her.

The drama achieved an average viewer rating of 21.7% and a maximum of 24.1% in the final episode on February 16, 2020, and caused a worldwide craze including the 4th Hallyu boom in Japan. The musical will be presented as a romance novel focusing on the 'people' and 'life' of North and South Korea.

The released prologue teaser poster captures the crash landing moment of paragliding, the beginning of the love story. The overwhelming size of the parachute and the images of Ri Jeong-hyeok and Yoon Se-ri, who are looking at each other from a distance, are captured in one frame, attracting attention.

The phrase 'one day, love that flew like fate', located just below the paragliding, implicitly expresses the central content of the work in which the accidental meeting of Ri Jeong-hyeok and Yoon Se-ri develops into fateful love.

The musical 'Crash Landing on You' features director Park Ji-hye, who participated in works such as 'Maybe Happy Ending' and 'Gentleman's Guide', as well as music director Lee Sang-hoon, writer Park Hae-rim, and choreographer Lee Hyun-jung.

It will open on September 16th at COEX Shinhan Card Artium.

CLOY MUSICAL

Teaser Released for 'Crash Landing on You' On Stage!

A preview of a masterpiece that will set a new standard for K- musical... Starts September 16th

World Premier” overwhelming scale-sentimental masterpiece!

2022070400015_0.jpg

[Reporter Lee Sook-young | Literature News = Munhaknews]
The musical <Crash Landing on You>, based on the drama of the same name, announced the start of the world premiere journey by releasing the prologue teaser poster.

On the 4th, Pop Music and T2N Media, the producers of the musical <Crash Landing on You>, drew attention by releasing a prologue teaser poster with a magnificent scale and lyrical sensibility through the official SNS channel of the work.

In this teaser poster, the unique sensibility and modern sensibility of the work are added to the symbolic scene suggesting the 'crash landing of love', in which an accidental meeting is reborn as a fateful love.

While the logo of the work using the image of paragliding catches the eye, the words 'Love that flew like fate one day', located right below, is the central content of the work in which the accidental encounter between Jeong-hyeok Ri and Se-ri Yoon develops into fateful love. shows implicitly.

In addition, the overwhelming size of a parachute in one frame and the appearance of Ri Jeong-hyeok and Yoon Se-ri looking at each other from a distance leave a strong impression reminiscent of a scene in a drama. The green color and sparkling sunlight throughout the poster create a lyrical atmosphere, raising expectations for the 'Crash Landing on You' on the stage.

<Crash Landing on You> depicts the secret love story of Yoon Se-ri, a heiress of a chaebol who crash-landed in North Korea in a paragliding accident with a gust of wind one day, and Ri Jeong-hyeok, a special officer who hides and protects her and falls in love.

36-A942-E2-D296-4-EED-AE6-D-1246-BFE99-E

The original drama produced by Studio Dragon (writer Ji-eun Park) achieved an average viewer rating of 21.7% and a maximum of 24.1% on the final episode on February 16, 2020. It also caused a worldwide craze. At the beginning of this year, the news of the decision to be made into a musical received overwhelming interest from drama fans as well as performance enthusiasts.

The musical <Crash Landing on You>, which will deliver fresh fun that can only be felt on stage beyond the CRT, is a romance drama focusing on the 'people' and 'life' of the two Koreas, and is expected to write a new stroke in the fantasy romance genre musical.

Director Park Ji-hye, who participated in various works such as the musical <Maybe Happy Ending> and <Gentleman's Guide>, is determined to deliver the sensuous workmanship that has poured out all her know-how through this stage. Director Lee Sang-hoon, who has delivered dramatic and delicate music through dramas such as <Wise Doctor Life 2>, <Another Oh Hae-young>, and <Signal>, is with you.

Writer Park Hye-rim, who presented sensuous stories and attractive lines through <Me and Natasha and the White Donkey>, <Geumranbang>, and <Hourglass>, etc. It is expected that Lee Hyun-jung, who is actively working across various genres, will take on the choreography and create another masterpiece.

Meanwhile, the musical <Crash Landing on You> will have a historic premiere on September 16th at COEX Shinhan Card Artium.

CLOY MUSICAL

K-drama 'Crash Landing on You' to be remade as a musical

Monday July 4, 20022

BY HALEY YANG | JOONG ANG DAILY

Lead actors Hyun Bin, left, and Son Ye-jin from the tvN series "Crash Landing On You" (2019-20) [TVN]

Lead actors Hyun Bin, left, and Son Ye-jin from the tvN series "Crash Landing On You" (2019-20) [TVN]

The hit tvN K-drama “Crash Landing On You” (2019-20) will soon be released as a musical, according to production companies Popmusic and T2N Media on Monday.  

The musical version will run from Sept. 16 to Nov. 13 at the Coex Shinhan Card Artium in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. 

“Crash Landing On You” aired from December 2019 to February 2020. The romance drama told the story of a South Korean chaebol heiress, played by actor Son Ye-jin, and a North Korean military officer, portrayed by Hyun Bin, falling in love after the heiress accidentally lands in North Korea while paragliding. 

The series was popular at the time and once again became the talk of the town when lead actors Son and Hyun Bin revealed last year that they were dating. The two got married in March and are currently expecting their first child.  

2022070400015_0.jpg

The copyrights for the musical remake was signed over to Popmusic and T2N Media in March 2021.  

JOONG ANG DAILY

[Korean Wave] Musical  'Crash Landing on You' premiered in Seoul on September 16th

2022.07.04  4pm

BY HALEY YANG | JOONG ANG DAILY

2022070400015_0.jpg

Poster for the musical "Crash Landing on You" (provided by the production company) = (Yonhap News Agency) << Reproduction / Diversion prohibited >>

[Seoul Union News]

The musical " Crash Landing on You" based on the Korean drama that was a big hit in Japan will be performed at COEX Artium in Gangnam-gu, Seoul from September 16th to November 13th. Production company Pop Music and T2N Media announced on the 4th. The drama of the same name was broadcast on the cable channel tvN from 2019 to 20. In the love story of Yoon Se-ri, the daughter of a conglomerate who crash-landed in North Korea while maneuvering a paraglider , and Li Jung-hyuk, a North Korean military officer who will love her while hiding and protecting her. The highest audience rating was 24.1%, which was the highest ever for a drama of the same station. Pop Music and T2N Media signed a copyright agreement for musicals last March. Meanwhile, Son Ye-jin , who played the role of Yoon Se- ri, and Hyun Bin , who played the role of Li Jung-hyuk, who co-starred in the drama, had a wedding ceremony in March this year after dating. Son recently reported her pregnancy.

YAHOO JAPAN

<Crash Landing On You> musical casting is released.  Actors Lee Jangwoo, Lee Kyuhung and Min Woohyuk will takes the role of Hyun Bin as Lee Jeonghyuk.   The musical will be running from 2022/09/16 to 2022/11/13 at COEX Shinhan Card Artium.    

First music practice started yesterday 07/04 and they are releasing the castings today. Each role will be played by 2-3 actors on different schedules like actor Lee Jangwoo,  Min Woohyuk and   Lee Kyuhung will be playing Ri Jeonghyuk. 

CE12231-C-B355-465-B-89-C3-9075264-ECC35

▪️ Ri Jeong-hyuk: Lee Kyu-hyung, Lee Jang-woo, Min Woo-hyuk
 ▪️ Yoon Se-ri : Hye-young Lim, Ryeo-won Kim, Hana Na
 ▪️ Koo Seung-jun: Lee Yi-kyung, Tei, Han Seung-yoon, Yoon Eun-oh

Ri Jeonghyuk role 

[Exclusive] Jang-Woo Lee to lead the musical 'Crash Landing on You'... as Hyun Bin

2022. 07. 05. 08:10

Actor Lee Jang-wooView larger image

[TV Daily Reporter Hwang Seo-yeon]

Actor Lee Jang-woo continues his active career on the musical stage.

According to TV Daily coverage on the 5th, Lee Jang-woo appeared in the musical 'Crash Landing on You' (directed by Park Ji-hye), which opens in September, and took on the lead role of North Korean military officer Ri Jeong-hyeok.

'Crash Landing on You' is a romance drama about the secret love story of Yoon Se-ri, a heiress of a conglomerate who crash-landed in North Korea in a paragliding accident with a gust of wind one day, and Ri Jeong-hyeok, a special officer who hides and protects him and falls in love with him. It is based on the original drama of the same name starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin.

The role of Ri Jeong-hyeok, played by Lee Jang-woo, is a character played by actor Hyun Bin at the time the drama aired, and is a soldier who is the son and captain of the North Korean General Political Bureau. While studying abroad as a pianist at an art school, he became a soldier due to his brother's accident, and he meets Yoon Se-ri and his life changes 180 degrees. Lee Jang-woo is expected to delicately portray the two sides of Ri Jeong-hyuk, who seems to have a strong personality but has a soft sensibility.

'Crash Landing on You' opens on September 16th at COEX Shinhan Card Artium in Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul.

TV DAILY

Lee Jangwoo for “Das” musical

Spoiler

Lee Kyu-hyung's side "Appears in the musical 'Crash Landing on You'" Ri Jeong-hyuk [Official]

2022. 07. 05. 11:00AM

20220705110017151svwj.jpg

[News reporter Park Soo-in]

Actor Lee Kyu-hyung will appear in the musical 'Crash Landing on You'.

On July 5, Lee Kyu-hyung's agency, Ace Factory, told Newsen, "I will appear in the musical 'Crash Landing on You' as Ri Jeong-hyuk."

SOURCE (1)

[Exclusive] Min Woo-hyuk becomes Ri Jeong-hyuk... Confirmed to appear in 'Crash Landing on You'

Spoiler
0004987107_001_20220705155204631.jpg?type=w430

Min Woo-hyuk. PhotoㅣStar Today DB

Actor Min Woo-hyuk will appear in the musical 'Crash Landing on You'. 

According to an official on the 5th, actor Min Woo-hyuk was cast in the musical 'Crash Landing on You' as Captain Ri Jeong-hyuk of the People's Army. 

The musical 'Crash Landing on You' (produced by Pop Music Co., Ltd. T2N Media) is based on the tvN drama of the same name produced by Studio Dragon.

Min Woo-hyuk takes on the role of Ri Jeong-hyeok, captain of the North Korean People's Army. In the role played by Hyun Bin in the drama, he was cast alongside Min Woo-hyuk, Lee Jang-woo, and Lee Kyu-hyung. 

SOURCE (2)

Gu Seungju  role 

[Exclusive] Lee Yu-kyung returns to the musical… play Gu Seung-ju in musical 'Crash Landing on You'

2022. 07. 05. 1:00pm

Spoiler

0001470970_001_20220705130101399.jpg?type=w430

[Export News Reporter Lee Seul]

Actor Lee Yi-kyung takes on the role of Kim Jung-hyun in the musical 'Crash Landing on You'.   

Lee Yi-kyung's returning to the stage for the first time in six years since the musical 'Alta Boys' in 2016. 

In the play, Lee Yi-kyung takes on the role of Goo Seung-jun, a British businessman, played by Kim Jeong-hyun in the original work. It is a person who embezzled a large amount of public funds during the project and was wanted and went to North Korea to escape the investigation network. He is a sarcastic person, but he is a pure man who sacrifices himself for the one he loves. 

SOURCE (3)

[Exclusive] Tay becomes Gu Seung-jun

Spoiler

0001470989_001_20220705140103006.jpg?type=w430

[Export News Reporter Kim Hyeon-jeong]

Singer and musical actor Tay will appear in the musical 'Crash Landing on You' takes on the role of Goo Seung-jun, a British businessman. 

SOURCE (4)

Seo Dan role 

[Exclusive] Cosmic Girls Yoo Yeon-jeong Selected as Seo Ji-hye in 'Crash Landing on You'

Spoiler

0000304497_001_20220705175808242.jpg?type=w430

Cosmic Girls' Yoo Yeon-jung is expected to establish herself as the next-generation rookie in the musical world.  

According to her industry on the 5th, Yoo Yeon-jung is cast in the topical musical 'Crash Landing on You', and she plays the role of Seo Dan, played by Seo Ji-hye in the original.  

This is Yoo Yeon-jung's second musical challenge. Yoo Yeon-jung, who debuted on her musical stage through the rock musical 'Lizzie', which closed in June, took on the role of Alice Russell in her play, boasting her cool singing ability, and heralding a successful debut as a new musical actress. 

SOURCE (5)

7 Korean stars who became mums later in life: from Son Ye-jin, who’s expecting her first child with Hyun Bin at 40, to Choi Ji-woo, Honey Lee and Lee Young-ae

• After a luxurious wedding, Son announced on Instagram that she’s expecting her first child with her Crash Landing On You co-star – so which other K-stars had kids in their 30s and 40s?

Son Ye-Jin

Fans are over the moon to learn that Son Ye-jin is expecting her first child with Hyun Bin. Photo: @yejinhand/Instagram
Fans are over the moon to learn that Son Ye-jin is expecting her first child with Hyun Bin. Photo: @yejinhand/Instagram

The 40-year-old Crash Landing on Youstar just shared on her Instagram that BinJin’s first baby is on the way!

9-AF3-DAA0-A4-B7-4913-BAE6-F7-D3-CDB2348

“A new life has come to us,” she wrote on the social media platform. “I’m still a bit dazed, but I am feeling changes in my body every day with concern and excitement. As thankful as I am, I also feel that much [more] cautious, so I haven’t even told anyone around me yet. Before it gets[much] later, I am sharing this news with fans and acquaintances who must have been waiting as much as us.”

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, aka BinJin, appeared to have a dream wedding. Photo: @verawanggang/Instagram

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, aka BinJin, appeared to have a dream wedding. Photo: @verawanggang/Instagram

Son and Hyun Bin enjoyed a fairy tale wedding in March this year after confirming their relationship in January 2021. The actress spoken about their journey as a married couple in rosy terms indeed. She once posted a photo of a beautifully designed flower cake on Instagram and wrote: “Ye-jin, let’s just walk on the flowery path.” Throw in a new bundle of joy and their lives look to become even sweeter

SCMP

• Like 1

Son Ye-jin is pregnant! 5 reasons why she’ll be the perfect mum to her first child with new husband Hyun Bin, from her K-drama roles as strong women to her cooking skills shown off on Instagram

• After tying the knot in March this year, the Crash Landing on You lovebirds announced more exciting news for fans on Instagram in June – a baby is on the way!
  • BinJin first met on the set of The Negotiation and are long-time actors and ambassadors; Son has modelled for Valentino, while Hyun Bin has worked with Tom Ford Beauty

It’s been an eventful year for Hyun Bin, 39, and Son Ye-jin, 40. After tying the knot on March 31, the couple are expecting their first child together! Son announced the pregnancy news on June 27 on her Instagram page.

Spoiler

9-AF3-DAA0-A4-B7-4913-BAE6-F7-D3-CDB2348

She wrote, as translated by Manila Bulletin, “A new life has come to us. I’m still a bit dazed, but I am feeling changes in my body every day with concern and excitement. As thankful as I am, I also feel cautious, so I haven’t even told anyone around me yet.”

The post continued, “Before it gets much later, I am sharing this news with fans and acquaintances who must have been waiting as much as us. We will make sure to protect the valuable life that has come to us.”

Spoiler

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin starred together on Crash Landing on You. Photo: TVN

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin starred together on Crash Landing on You. Photo: TVN

The beloved BinJin duo first worked together on The Negotiation (2018) and reunited in the popular K-drama Crash Landing on You (2019). Fans of the pair have also expressed their joy on Twitter as they have been rooting for the lovebirds to get hitched for years.

Here we take a look at five reasons why Son will excel in her new journey of motherhood.

She adores her sister’s children

Spoiler

Son Ye-jin and her niece. Photo: Son Ye Jin/Facebook

Son Ye-jin and her niece. Photo: Son Ye Jin/Facebook

While she has played a mother on-screen before, Son also adores children in real life, apparently, particularly her sister’s kid. According to Soompi, she said during an interview in 2018, “I’ve come to love children by watching my sister take care of her child. I never thought I wanted to be a mother, but looking at her child, it occurred to me for the first time.”

Son Ye-jin for Valentino. Photo: @yejinhand/Instagram
Son Ye-jin for Valentino. Photo: @yejinhand/Instagram

But the Valentino brand ambassador is competitive too – even against kids! She added: “When I play with my sister’s children and they give prizes to the winner, I always win. It’s funny, but that’s me in real life.” (Fun fact: the couple have fashion in common too, as Hyun Bin has worked with Tom Ford Beauty in the past.)

She’s a strong female lead

A scene from Netflix series Thirty-Nine (2022). Photo: @thirtynineintl/Instagram
A scene from Netflix series Thirty-Nine (2022). Photo: @thirtynineintl/Instagram

Whether she is playing a single dermatologist in her recent Netflix series Thirty-Nine or an ambitious career woman in Something in the Rain (2018), Son has taken on plenty of strong and independent female roles.

Spoiler

Son Ye-jin in a scene from Something in the Rain (2018). Photo: @something.in.the.rain.fanpage/Instagram

Son Ye-jin in a scene from Something in the Rain (2018). Photo: @something.in.the.rain.fanpage/Instagram

This might have to do with her own outlook on life, as she believes in women’s personal freedom and advocates that marriage is a personal choice. “I’m lucky my parents don’t give me any pressure,” she said in an interview with The Glass Magazine in 2021. “But there are, of course, some people who say that I should hurry up and get married. I think it’s a personal choice. I can’t tell you what is right or wrong [in life], but it is important to choose and prioritise the things [you] care about.”

Son might be a role model for many young women globally, but she advises against focusing too much on what others think. “We should realise our own value, find out what makes us happy and try to make it happen,” she added in the interview.

She will most likely be a working mum

Son Ye-jin is praised for her youthful glow and grace. Photo: @yejinhand/Instagram
Son Ye-jin is praised for her youthful glow and grace. Photo: @yejinhand/Instagram

Son has enjoyed a long and flourishing career thanks to her indelible work ethic and passion for her work. So although she is expecting her first child, it’s most likely that Son will continue to work after becoming a mother.

She said in another interview, “Every time I look around me, I notice that people who are married are unable to do all the work they want to do. Being a mother and wife are big roles,” reported K-drama Stars.

The “nation’s first love” also commented on why she’s never taken a pause yet in her two-decade-long career: “Even if I really want to take a break and get some rest, if I see a great script, then I end up wanting to do it,” she said, according to Soompi.

Spoiler

Son Ye-jin in a campaign for Bride and You. Photo: @bau_by_brideandyou/Instagram

Son Ye-jin in a campaign for Bride and You. Photo: @bau_by_brideandyou/Instagram

However, according to a Statistics Korea 2020 report, the employment rate for working mothers with underage children reached a decline of about 55 per cent in South Korea, signalling that only about half of the nation’s population of mothers actually work after having a baby. So it will be interesting to see how Son manages her career after giving birth

Nonetheless, we look forward to seeing the mum-to-be will continue to inspire women everywhere.

She takes being a mother seriously

Spoiler

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin as newlyweds. Photo: @vast.ent/Instagram

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin as newlyweds. Photo: @vast.ent/Instagram

Son is also a woman with firm principles. She always takes her own time in life, saying in a 2018 interview that she would not become a mother until she is ready.

“I’m still not ready to become someone’s wife or mother. If I get married later, I will raise children and help my husband well. I think that being a mother is precious and that a mother’s role is also vital,” she said, per Kbizoom. Three years later and with a new hubby, we can imagine that she made her decision to start a family after careful consideration.

She will pamper her kid with delicious food

Spoiler

Son Ye-jin often shares photos of her foodie adventures on her Instagram. Photo: @yejinhand/Instagram

Son Ye-jin often shares photos of her foodie adventures on her Instagram. Photo: @yejinhand/Instagram

If you scroll through Son’s Instagram you’ll quickly discover that she’s a big-time foodie. The Classic (2003) star often shares restaurants she’s found during her travels and glimpses of her home-cooked dishes too.

In 2021, Son shared a pic an array of dumplings that she had made, writing, “It’s the first time I’ve ever made it this pretty. Dumpling master. Goodnight.”  On the other hand, Hyun Bin’s cooking skills aren’t too shabby either.  According to Kizboom, he said in an interview, “Yes I recently cooked galbi-jjim (Korean braised short ribs).  It tooj me a while to make it.”  When asked if he enjoys cooking, he replied, “I like to cook for people I love, especially on days that we can’t eat out.” AWW!

SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST

• Like 1

Oh Seyoung mentioned Son Yejin in her interview

“ It was so nice to meet Son Yejin on "Thirty, Nine". I liked her because she is innocent, beautiful, and good at acting since she was young, but now she has established herself as a reliable actress." ~ Oh Seyoung

6-BF2-F498-7770-4-D57-A358-3-CF7-C1696-F

CAB7-F887-8-E82-4915-AFE4-B39-E2-DA1-B97

Thirty, Nine' Oh Se-Young "Senior actors in the field have a sense of stability and weight, a valuable experience that I learned a lot"

A708-B52-B-6-EE1-473-B-BC5-E-A3-ADDB607-

Spoiler

The beige crop suit setup is The Balon, and the rose gold drop earrings are Minhui Art Jewelry.

The beige crop suit setup is The Balon, and the rose gold drop earrings are Minhui Art Jewelry.

Oh Se-young, who recently appeared in the JTBC drama 'Thirty, Nine' and is strengthening her filmography, met with bnt for the first pictorial shoot. 

When asked how he felt, he said, “Since I was young, photo shoot has been one of my dreams, and today is the day that it came true. It was so much fun and thank you,” she replied cheerfully.

She recently made a name for herself by appearing in JTBC's 'Thirty, Nine'. When asked about her impressions of appearing in a work with really prominent actors, he said, “I was so proud and happy to be appearing with really great seniors such as Son Ye-jin, Jeon Mi-do, and Yeon Woo-jin. The sense of stability and weight of the seniors on set was really special. It is a valuable work and experience that I learned a lot from.”

When asked if there was any secret behind the casting of the drama 'Thirty, Nine', she said, "I auditioned 3 times. I got the news of the final casting just the day before her birthday. It was like a real birthday present and I was so happy. That day, I ate chicken with my family (laughs). It really felt like I was going to cry,” she said cutely.

When asked about the reason he dreamed of becoming an actor, he said, "I was very moved when I saw the movie 'Marathon' when I was young. After watching Seungwoo Jo’s acting, I started dreaming vaguely because I wanted to become a person who can impress me like that. When I became a high school student, I went to an acting academy, and after that, I entered Chung-Ang University's theater department as an entrance exam. Going to college, my dream of becoming an actor became stronger.”

When asked about her role model, she said, “It’s Son Ye-jin. She thinks that the steps that seniors show as an actress are very ideal, and she wants me to become an actress who walks that path,” she said, showing her respect for Son Ye-jin.

Lastly, when asked how she wants to be remembered by the public, he said, “I want to become an actor who comforts those who see it through my acting and works I have appeared in. If I was comforted by seeing my acting for a while, I think I made a successful project with that. I will definitely become an actor like this.”

SOURCE