Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

“Why can’t we make it like Korea?” Japan with two hands and two feet in 'This Couple'

2022.06.24. 5:52pm

20220624000579_0_20220624175203061.jpg?type=w430

The drama 'Crash Landing on You' ranked first in the Netflix TV show category in Japan in the first half of this year. ['Crash Landing on You' homepage]

[Reporter Kim Hyeon-il | Herald Business]

“There is nothing to watch but Korean dramas” 

It has been revealed that Japanese people’s affection for Korean content has grown stronger this year. There was also an unprecedented record of Korean content sweeping the TV drama popularity charts of Japanese Netflix .

According to Flixpatrol , a global online video streaming ( OTT ) ranking aggregation site , as of the 24th , nine Korean content entered the top 10 in Japan's Netflix first half popularity rankings as of the 24th. Except for the Japanese animation 'Spy Family', all were counted to be filled with Korean content. 

Previously , six Korean contents were listed in the top 10 in 2021 . However, as Japanese people's interest in Korean content increased this year, K- dramas almost took over the Japanese Netflix charts.

20220624000580_0_20220624175203104.jpg?type=w430

Top 10 Japanese Netflix TV shows in the first half of this year . ['FlixPatrol' homepage]

'Crash Landing on You', which aired in Korea in early 2020 , took the first place even after two years had passed. 'Crash Landing on You' is considered to be the work that brought the Korean drama boom again in 20 years after 'Winter Sonata', which first caused the Korean wave in Japan in 2002 . In addition to the popularity of leading actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, realistic depictions of North Korea in the drama were cited as the reasons for the box office success. 

Also, after the drama 'Itaewon Class' was released on Netflix in Japan two years ago, it has maintained its fourth place until now. Due to its popularity, a remake was decided in Japan, and it is scheduled to air on Japanese terrestrial TV Asahi in July under the name of 'Roppongi Class' . 

The webtoon and web novel-based drama 'Meet the Man', which aired in Korea in March this year , ranked second in the TVcontent that Japanese people watched the most this year, following 'Crash Landing on You'. 'Meet the Guy' was also linked to the 7th place in the world's most popular TVcontent rankings on Netflix. As such, it is considered to be a content that has received a hot response in a short period of time not only in Korea but also abroad.

5-E502390-4-FB6-40-C6-A970-9-AB338964-EC

In addition, Korean content released for the first time this year, such as 'Meteorological Agency People', 'Thirty, Nine', 'That Year We Are', '25 Twenty One', 'All Of Us Are Dead', and 'Our Blues', are among the top 10Japanese Netflix shows. entered into 

In particular, 'All Of Us Are Dead, which drew attention with its unique concept of a high school zombie movie, was found to have led the popularity of Korean content in the first half of this year, rising to 3rd place in the global rankings. 

In the meantime, Japan has been selected as a country with a narrow evaluation of Korean content, but consumption of Korean content has changed to an active form with the 'Squid Game', which gained worldwide popularity last year. Regardless of genre or content, content that has been popular in Korea is receiving a lot of attention in Japan as well. 

As Korean content creates a sensation in Japan, Japanese broadcasters and OTTplatform companies are also actively seeking K- contents. As the OTT platform market is growing due to the recent corona pandemic, it is concentrating on the supply and demand of popular Korean content that Japanese people are passionate about, so it is predicted that export of Korean content will continue.

source

• Like 1

Singer Paul Kim guested in KBS <Yoo Hee-yeol's Sketchbook> aired on 06/23.  He sang and shared the story of his congratulatory song “Every Day, Every Moment” at Hyun Bin and Son Yejin fairytale wedding last March

“Actually, I wanted to sing a different song. Among my songs, there is a song called 'To My Love,' it's not a hit song, but I wanted to sing this song, however they didn't want it.""Most of them want 'Every Day, Every Moment'.” ~ Paul Kim, KBS <Yoo Hee-yeol's Sketchbook>, 2022/06/23

“Every Day, Every Moment”

Paul Kim "Hyun Bin ♥ Son Ye-jin's wedding anthem, I gladly accept it because I want to see the real thing" (Yousuke)

2022.06.25. 8:17 am

0004982691_001_20220625005301981.jpg?type=w430

[Reporter Song Oh-jeong | Newsen]

Singer Paul Kim was invited to the wedding of Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin and sang a congratulatory song. 

On the June 24th episode of KBS 2TV's 'Yoo Hee-yeol's Sketchbook (hereinafter referred to as Yousuke)', he was with Paul Kim, Oh Yeon-seo, Seo In-guk, Kwon Su-hyeon, Baek A-yeon, and Down. 

When Hee-yeol Yoo, who told that Paul Kim gave a congratulatory song at the wedding of actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, was surprised, and Paul Kim said, "I was contacted through the company asking if I could give them a congratulatory song. In fact, I've never seen them." he said, adding, “We are not close”.

But for this wedding, I don't know if I can really say this, but I really wanted to get a ticket, I want to go there, I wanted to see the two in real life (this was the feeling),” So I willingly went because I wanted to." he confessed.

When asked what was the song he sang as a congratulatory song at the wedding, Paul Kim said, "Actually, I wanted to sing a different song. Among my songs, there is a song called 'To My Love,' it's not a hit song, but I wanted to sing this song, however they didn't want it." he said. "Most of them want 'Every Day, Every Moment'."

source

Paul Kim also mentioned his  congratulatory song “Every day, Every Moment” for the couple fairytale wedding on

[2022/06/01] JTBC <Magic Wardrobe 2> 

Spoiler

In the last episode of JTBC's fashion entertainment program 'Magic Wardrobe 2', which aired on May 31, Paul Kim, the 'eardrum boyfriend', appeared as a guest and set out to find a style with the styling Avengers.

“Paul Kim, who sang a congratulatory song at the wedding of actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin recently. On this day, 'Hyunbin♡Son Yejin' appeared as a keyword to describe him. Regarding this, Paul Kim laughed, saying, "I don't sing congratulations very well, but I got a call so I went. Rather than going to sing a congratulatory song, I wanted to go to the wedding." 

source

source

[2022/06/17] MBC FM4U radio show

Spoiler

0004979132_001_20220617161403192.jpg?type=w430

On 17th at MBC FM4U's , DJ Ahn Young-mi asked, "You sang a congratulatory song at the wedding of Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin. I'm very curious about what the atmosphere was like at the time," Paul Kim said, "He invited me to the wedding first. We didn't usually know each other." 

Then, Paul Kim said, "I didn't sing congratulations unless it was a close acquaintance. Because the congratulatory song has to come from deep inside." "There was no need to worry about Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin's wedding.  I wanted to go unconditionally.”
Paul Kim said he was nervous even before singing the congratulatory song, "I was very nervous, but I didn't realize it. It was strange to see the two of them and it was like watching a movie. Also, I was even more nervous because the great actors and directors were sitting in front of me." 

[2022/06/22] SBS FM radio show 

Spoiler

0001465235_002_20220622085901514.jpg?type=w430

On June 22 at SBS Power FM's , Paul Kim said, "I went to receive a congratulatory song request, but there were also Gummy and Kim Bum-soo seniors. I sang 'Every Day Every Moment'. said. 

"Gummy and I were sitting at the same table. It was the wedding day of my favorite couple, Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin. 
"If I could express my feelings in five characters when I was invited to sing a congratulatory song," he said, "I miss you soon. I missed you so much. On that day (as a congratulatory song), I sang 'Every Day, Every Moment'" and "Is there an encore request?" “It wasn’t a place like that. Because the seniors had to sing too. I didn’t hear Kim Bum-soo’s song and came out. Actually, I wanted to sit and stay until the end, but it was suffocating because so many actors and directors were sitting.  

• Like 1

Romance Queen regardless of age... 'Son Ye-jin', a guarantee check for first love regardless of age

201912242357_13200924114616_1_20191224235801938.jpg?type=w430

<Film critic Kang Yu-jeong, professor of Korean-English cultural content department, Gangnam University> 

When I think of actress Son Ye-jin, first love comes to mind first. It's not just because of 'Classic' (Director Kwak Jae-yong, 2002), which has become a classic of first love movies. Shim Soo-in in 'Love Novel' (Lee Han, 2002), and the weekly sale in 'First Love Shooter Rally' (Oh Jong-rok, 2003), but Son Ye-jin, a refreshing drink with a white and blue background comes to mind first. For Son Ye-jin, who first debuted as an advertisement in her teens, it is clear that this 'innocent image' was a positive factor. Especially, even in the early 2000s when Son Ye-jin started her activities, her innocence was a very strong selling point for a new actress in her late teens and early 20s. No, strictly speaking, that's the main attraction that usually consumes all actresses of that age. A girly innocence and a clean smile. 

In that sense, Son Ye-jin appeared as an actress who had almost everything the public wanted for an actress in her early 20s. She was the same in the dramas 'Delicious Proposal' and 'Summer Scent'. Her face without makeup, dark eyebrows, clear eyes, and moderately long hair. The problem is that the validity period of innocence is not long. As if lusting for the most beautiful days of a girl, the mass media enjoy those days, but as time passes, the girl becomes a woman, and the child becomes an adult. The reason why so many teen actresses disappeared without maturing into adult actors is not far from here. Sometimes they make drastic choices to break up with their girlishness, and on the other hand, they deny time to be stuffed with girlishness. The greater the success with first love, the greater the risk of change. Son Ye-jin was just such an actress.

However, in conclusion, it can be said that Son Ye-jin is a very rare case of being a successful actress in her 30s while still having the image of an innocent and pretty teenager. She did not break up with her innocence, but succeeded in redeveloping it to fit her age. Her success of her Son Ye-jin depended on how she compromised and remodeled her beautiful and dangerous modifier of her first love, which she had created herself. Son Ye-jin added to her mature Son Ye-jin while preserving her first love Son Ye-jin in a very clever way. At some point, those changes and transformations are still ongoing. 

First love story... 18 Years of Continuity

Son Ye-jin's first film appearance was as a supporting role in director Park Ki-hyung's 2000 film 'Secret'. However, even with her same supporting role, the work that left the memory of her actress Son Ye-jin was the Soun of Im Kwon-taek's 2002 film 'Chwihwaseon'. So-woon, who appeared as her first love engraved in the soul of Chihwaseon Jang Seung-up, and a more beautiful love because it cannot be achieved, left a clear image of an actress named Son Ye-jin with the appearance of a beautiful hanbok.

201912242357_13200924114616_2_20191224235801955.jpg?type=w430

From left to right, the movies 'Classic', 'The Eraser in My Head' and 'My Wife Got Married'. provided by the film company

Joo-hee and Ji-hye in 2002's 'Classic' is a work that is remembered as the prototype of a Korean-style first love movie. Director Kwak Jae-yong's unique sensibility to rain and water, faint obstacles and impossible combinations of narratives remain a myth through the actors Jo Seung-woo and Son Ye-jin. The myth of first love was completely completed within the plain objects such as school uniforms, umbrellas, and wars for admission and classic and orthodox obstacles. 

The beginning of Son Ye-jin's film life is almost a variation on this image of first love. In 'Love Novel', Son Ye-jin appears as an innocent and pretty actress in stark contrast to the late Lee Eun-joo. The 'first love shooter uprising contest', in which the first love appears from the title, can be said to be a first love epic transformed into a cheerful cartoon version. Son Ye-jin's role of Il-mae is no different from the trophy that Tae-il, the main character of the cheerful narrative, must win. 

What is important is that in the history of Korean cinema, the narrative of first love always requires women to play a passive and objective role. Ilmae of the 'First Love Shooter Uprising Competition' is also the best 'popular girl' targeted by a less-than-average male student. It looks like Son Ye-jin's first love movie, but it's also the reason why it's actually Cha Tae-hyun's romance. Cha Tae-hyun is always the active subject of romance and comedy, and actress Son Ye-jin and other actresses in their early 20s were mainly stories about them.

In the end, in order to survive as an actress, she had to play a role as a subject, not as a subject, as a master. It is also this work that Son Ye-jin made a soft landing from an actress in her first love image to Son Ye-jin, a blue chip in the romance film industry. Kim Soo-jin of 'The Eraser in My Head', which was adapted by novelist Kim Young-ha and directed by Lee Jae-han, was not the passive, plant-based female character that Son Ye-jin had been playing. As she sips soju and asks them to date, runs away from home to complete love with her married man, somehow manages a marriage that her parents object to, and even steps out to settle feuds in her husband's family, she Because she was such an active woman. 

The same was true of Ji-Won Han in 'The Standard of Work' (Ogi-Hwan Oh, 2005), which he starred in the following year. Her Han Ji-won is a clever character that actively utilizes her beautiful appearance to 'work', and she is no longer the fragile woman of first love swaying in the wind of her fate. Daly and vulgarly, Son Ye-jin reinterpreted and utilized the noun of beauty in her own way, gradually expanding and releasing the restraints of her beauty cinematically. She finds out about her husband's affair in director Huh Jin-ho's movie 'Going Out' (2005), and the process of falling in love with the other woman's husband is also the same.

Moving from girl to woman and from woman to wife little by little, Son Ye-jin has broadened the scope of what she can do. In the 18 years since her debut, her Son Ye-jin has appeared in all 21 films, and this is also why she was able to almost play the lead role. Since taking her first lead role in 2002, Son Ye-jin has appeared in 'Other' films every year, and she has been moving away from her strong and fixed image little by little. 

Son Ye-jin standing in front of the stairs of change again

201912242357_13200924114616_3_20191224235801964.jpg?type=w430

From left to right, 'No Secret', 'Pirates: The Bandit Who Went to the Sea', 'Princess Deokhye', and 'I'm Going to Meet You'. provided by the film company

It can be said that Son Ye-jin's film life was not a stairway, but rather a curved upward slope. Whenever an image change is necessary, he succeeded in changing the public image through high-quality dramas such as 'Dating Age' and 'Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food' There are no secrets' (Lee Kyung-mi, 2015) and 'Princess Deok-hye' (Heo Jin-ho, 2016), heralding points of change by selecting films. 

If the changes in the drama were usually successful, the changes in the film were not smooth. In 'The City Without Defense' (Lee Sang-gi · 2007), she heralded her transformation into a palm fatale, but she didn't get as much praise as she had hoped. On the other hand, 'My Wife Got Married' and 'A Creepy Romance' (Hwang In-ho, 2011) did not have bad public and critical evaluations, but they were closer to slight variations rather than completely new. 'The Pirates: The Bandit Who Went to the Sea' (Lee Seok-hoon, 2014) was a blockbuster comedy that had good box office success and even won the Grand Bell Award for Best Actress, but that doesn't mean it's a masterpiece. It is an interesting work, but it is difficult to say that it is a great work. 

'Princess Deok-hye' was also well-received for showing her old-age acting that lost her mind, but she was not free from the problem of historical evidence and the character of Princess Deok-hye. Sua of 'I'm Going to Meet You' (Lee Jang-hoon · 2017) confirmed that the 36-year-old Son Ye-jin still has her power of attraction as the innocent and pitiful heroine of the melodrama, but it is difficult to evaluate it as her new challenge.

Nevertheless, Son Ye-jin is still an actress who can convince the public with romance and melodrama, and it is undoubtedly an actress who can capture everything from big blockbuster to sensitive art film neurosis. But in a way, she also cannot deny that Son Ye-jin is still an actress bound by that beauty. She is 70 and 80 years old, if gray romance and gray melodrama are possible, maybe it is because Son Ye-jin is there. 

In retrospect, it is rare that among her works, in which Son Ye-jin plays the lead role, has failed greatly in the public domain. It is clear that this is a very big reason why Son Ye-jin has constantly taken on the leading roles in her Korean film scene. If she has been running on a gentle slope so far, the really high stairs will remain in the future. The actress who stood in front of the stairway of change, Son Ye-jin of today, might not be like that

source 

• Like 1

Singer Paul Kim guested in KBS <Yoo Hee-yeol's Sketchbook> aired on 06/23.  He sang and shared the story of his congratulatory song “Every Day, Every Moment” at Hyun Bin and Son Yejin fairytale wedding last March

Paul Kim “Every Day, Every Moment” at <Yoo Hee-yeol's Sketchbook>

Spoiler

Paul Kim, Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin's wedding song secret story"

TV Daily Photo

[Reporter Lee Ki-eun | TV Daily ]

Singer Paul Kim shared the secret behind the wedding celebrations of actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin.

In the KBS2 music program 'Yoo Hee-yeol's Sketchbook'

broadcast on the 24th, Paul Kim appeared as a guest and showed off his wit.

Previously, Paul Kim became a hot topic by taking on the congratulatory song for the wedding of actor Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin.

Regarding this, Paul Kim said, "I got a call from the company asking if I could give you a congratulatory song. Actually, I've never seen the two of them. But I don't know if I can really say this to this wedding, but I really wanted to get a ticket." talked about I wanted to see the real life of the two actors.

Yoo Hee-yeol trembled with a sense of humor, saying, "If there was a ticketing, it would have been 5 minutes."

At the wedding, Paul Kim listened to 'To My Love' and laughed, saying, "They didn't want this song because it wasn't such a hit." He also pointed out, "Most people want 'Every Day, Every Moment'."

source

Paul Kim also mentioned his  congratulatory song “Every day, Every Moment” for the couple fairytale wedding on

[2022/06/01] JTBC <Magic Wardrobe 2> 

Spoiler

In the last episode of JTBC's fashion entertainment program 'Magic Wardrobe 2', which aired on May 31, Paul Kim, the 'eardrum boyfriend', appeared as a guest and set out to find a style with the styling Avengers.

“Paul Kim, who sang a congratulatory song at the wedding of actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin recently. On this day, 'Hyunbin♡Son Yejin' appeared as a keyword to describe him. Regarding this, Paul Kim laughed, saying, "I don't sing congratulations very well, but I got a call so I went. Rather than going to sing a congratulatory song, I wanted to go to the wedding." 

source

source

[2022/06/17] MBC FM4U radio show

Spoiler

0004979132_001_20220617161403192.jpg?type=w430

On 17th at MBC FM4U's , DJ Ahn Young-mi asked, "You sang a congratulatory song at the wedding of Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin. I'm very curious about what the atmosphere was like at the time," Paul Kim said, "He invited me to the wedding first. We didn't usually know each other." 

Then, Paul Kim said, "I didn't sing congratulations unless it was a close acquaintance. Because the congratulatory song has to come from deep inside." "There was no need to worry about Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin's wedding.  I wanted to go unconditionally.”
Paul Kim said he was nervous even before singing the congratulatory song, "I was very nervous, but I didn't realize it. It was strange to see the two of them and it was like watching a movie. Also, I was even more nervous because the great actors and directors were sitting in front of me." 

[2022/06/22] SBS FM radio show 

Spoiler

0001465235_002_20220622085901514.jpg?type=w430

On June 22 at SBS Power FM's , Paul Kim said, "I went to receive a congratulatory song request, but there were also Gummy and Kim Bum-soo seniors. I sang 'Every Day Every Moment'. said. 

"Gummy and I were sitting at the same table. It was the wedding day of my favorite couple, Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin. 
"If I could express my feelings in five characters when I was invited to sing a congratulatory song," he said, "I miss you soon. I missed you so much. On that day (as a congratulatory song), I sang 'Every Day, Every Moment'" and "Is there an encore request?" “It wasn’t a place like that. Because the seniors had to sing too. I didn’t hear Kim Bum-soo’s song and came out. Actually, I wanted to sit and stay until the end, but it was suffocating because so many actors and directors were sitting.

• Like 1

“Why can’t we make it like Korea?” Japan with two hands and two feet in 'This Couple'

2022.06.24. 5:52pm

20220624000579_0_20220624175203061.jpg?type=w430

The drama 'Crash Landing on You' ranked first in the Netflix TV show category in Japan in the first half of this year. ['Crash Landing on You' homepage]

[Reporter Kim Hyeon-il | Herald Business]

“There is nothing to watch but Korean dramas” 

It has been revealed that Japanese people’s affection for Korean content has grown stronger this year. There was also an unprecedented record of Korean content sweeping the TV drama popularity charts of Japanese Netflix .

According to Flixpatrol , a global online video streaming ( OTT ) ranking aggregation site , as of the 24th , nine Korean content entered the top 10 in Japan's Netflix first half popularity rankings as of the 24th. Except for the Japanese animation 'Spy Family', all were counted to be filled with Korean content. 

Previously , six Korean contents were listed in the top 10 in 2021 . However, as Japanese people's interest in Korean content increased this year, K- dramas almost took over the Japanese Netflix charts.

20220624000580_0_20220624175203104.jpg?type=w430

Top 10 Japanese Netflix TV shows in the first half of this year . ['FlixPatrol' homepage]

'Crash Landing on You', which aired in Korea in early 2020 , took the first place even after two years had passed. 'Crash Landing on You' is considered to be the work that brought the Korean drama boom again in 20 years after 'Winter Sonata', which first caused the Korean wave in Japan in 2002 . In addition to the popularity of leading actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, realistic depictions of North Korea in the drama were cited as the reasons for the box office success. 

5-E502390-4-FB6-40-C6-A970-9-AB338964-EC

In addition, Korean content released for the first time this year, such as 'Meteorological Agency People', 'Thirty, Nine', 'That Year We Are', '25 Twenty One', 'All Of Us Are Dead', and 'Our Blues', are among the top 10Japanese Netflix shows. entered into 

In particular, 'All Of Us Are Dead, which drew attention with its unique concept of a high school zombie movie, was found to have led the popularity of Korean content in the first half of this year, rising to 3rd place in the global rankings. 

As Korean content creates a sensation in Japan, Japanese broadcasters and OTTplatform companies are also actively seeking K- contents. As the OTT platform market is growing due to the recent corona pandemic, it is concentrating on the supply and demand of popular Korean content that Japanese people are passionate about, so it is predicted that export of Korean content will continue.

source

• Like 1