What I Baked/cooked Today Thread

Guest Help She Can't Swim

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sallyen

Popular Danish cake called Othellolagkage with lots of whipped cream. 
Spongecake with a single macaroon layer. Fillings are strawberry mousse and Toblerone mousse. Topping with marcipan, chocolate ganache and fresh strawberries.
IMG_1857+copy.jpg
IMG_1874+copy.jpg

Guest sallyen

Fraisier cake! I like to call it a French spin on the Japanese strawberry shortcake.Recipe adapted from dailydelicious and I just made changes accordingly to my cake-size and taste.
It's a Genoise spongecake with three layers.Consists of Italian meringue buttercream, pastry cream, Toblerone mousse and topped with meringue frosting.Fruits are kiwis, bananas, blueberries and strawberries <3
IMG_1928+copy.jpg
IMG_1923+copy.jpg

Steamed Tilapia - seasoned with Chinese Five Spices, a little evoo and fresh ginger root on a bed of bokchoy
SteamedTwithBokchoy_zpsce6a2b5d.jpg

Haricots Verts with Crumbled Tofu
HaricotsVertswithCrumbledTofu_zps0264556e.jpg

Vegetable Frittata - mushrooms, onions, tri-color bell peppers, spinach, herbs and eggs topped with grated Red Leicester cheese
vegetablefrittata_zps82c011fd.jpg

Tropical Fruit Salad with Coconut-Lime Dressing
TFS_zpsac876d3d.jpg

Baked Salmon in Lemon-Garlic Marinade with Spring Mix, Figs and Burrata Cheese served with Bistro Blend Wild Rice
BakedSalmoninLemon-GarlicMarinade_zps5b27d285.jpg

Baked Salmon In Honey-Dijon and Sriracha Sauce with Spring Mix Salad with Mandarin Orange

bst_zpsa289dab0.jpg

Ginger-Soy Salmon with Edamame
Ginger-SoySalmonwithEdamame_zpse64fec04.jpg
Pan-Seared Tilapia in Cilantro-Lime Marinade served with Jicama-Cucumber Slaw
Tilapiaincilantro-limevinaigrette_zps35153d75.jpg

So, I finally made, this, It's nothing impressive, more so sentimental.. but it did taste great!

10499623_10202414314899394_6452945285500

I'd say it was perfect, but the real thing that matters is this Bruce Lee video:

Why yes! One Chinese spareribs coming right up!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived