Short Track athletes Lee Jungsu and Kwak Yoon Gy in trouble for race fixing

Yes, but one determines who is the winner of a race while this one determine who participated. Doesnt have to do with who skated best on the ice.

edit-

I am definitely not saying its ok, but you cant really compare them.

...The point is that they cheated

Like I said cheating is cheating

when Apolo "supposedly" cheated people trashed him but now the tables are turned and everyone is all O_O

wow, that's not what I expected to read when I saw "race fixing" in the title.

I agree, cheating is cheating and it is wrong no matter what, but I also agree that you cannot compare cheating on ice to what Lee Jungsoo did.

ps, lucasbunny, you seen a little to happy at the news. I don't blame you for supporting the american team, but you don't have to hate on the korean skaters so much (as in everytime you post anything about speed skating). It is more than a little rude, and you don't even make an effort to say it nicely.

Oh please

did I say I was happy??? did I say I hated the korean team??

I think it's sad that two talented skaters got caught up in this mess, they are great skaters but their careers are going to be ruined, I don't root for the korean team (although I like Yoon Gy cuz he's adorable) but I don't want to see bad things happen to them either. What does this have to do with team usa anyways?? what will they gain??

The reason I posted it because during the Olympics everyone was soooooo into Speed Skating....but I guess now that the Olympics are over no one cares anymore. Poor Yoon Gy, Jungsu and Si Bak people only care when the Olympics come around even though you guys work your butts off.

BTW It's always fine when people are rude to Apolo Ohno but if people are rude to the korean team (and I am not being rude to them) people wanna say "can't you be nice about it?"

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dorkiilove

Has the Olympic committee made a formal statement on this?

Like whether they're going to strip the medals or not?

Has the Olympic committee made a formal statement on this?

Like whether they're going to strip the medals or not?

I don't think it's going to come to that, infact it doesnt really have anything to do with the Olympics.

Guest blueberries8213

I think the difference is Apollo's accused cheating was on the ice while the koreans is off the ice.

That's true.

Also, I don't get why some comments are degrading Koreans. It's not like they're not making an uproar about this in Korea. Apollo cheated on the ice, and so the Koreans got mad at him. Two Koreans rigged the tryouts, and so obviously they'll get mad at them too. It's not like the Koreans are always biased.

On the other hand, as a side note, if this was created just to "get back" at Koreans or something like that, then that's just..... horrible. This should be a place where we actually discuss something and the like.

That's true.

Also, I don't get why some comments are degrading Koreans. It's not like they're not making an uproar about this in Korea. Apollo cheated on the ice, and so the Koreans got mad at him. Two Koreans rigged the tryouts, and so obviously they'll get mad at them too. It's not like the Koreans are always biased.

On the other hand, as a side note, if this was created just to "get back" at Koreans or something like that, then that's just..... horrible. This should be a place where we actually discuss something and the like.

....Ummm this is not a get back post...nobody is downgrading koreans

people just want to create ridiculous conclusions.

I just want to say that fixing a race is just as bad as cheating on the ice (which never occured and I wish that people would learn the rules of short track before making assumptions).

Cheating is cheating....remember that.

I would pray that Jungsu and Yoon Gy don't get the treatment Apolo got, I do not wish that cruelty on anyone

I pray that people don't turn their backs on them after what they did for their country in the Olympics.

Guest Dorkiilove

I don't think it's going to come to that, infact it doesnt really have anything to do with the Olympics.

I was under the impression that the article said that they had won medals in the Olympics.

And had cheated in events after that.

o-o So whats to say they didn't cheat in the Olympics?

I was under the impression that the article said that they had won medals in the Olympics.

They did win medals in the Olympics but I don't think this situation has anything to do with Vancouver

Although there is speculation that they were team skating (which is against the rules) during the Olympics, it's really tough to prove it and if the refs never called it then nothing can really be done.

These things are really hard to prove, but I respect them for being honest because they could have easily gotten away with it

but they chose to be honest.

Guest charlemagne

The cheating had nothing to do with the race on the ice...

The cheating had nothing to do with the race on the ice...

I don't think this has anything to do with Vancouver...at all

but if it did then they would be getting heat even if it was off the ice

if they were fixing races in the Olympic trials then there would be problems.

Guest charlemagne

I don't think this has anything to do with Vancouver...at all

but if it did then they would be getting heat even if it was off the ice

if they were fixing races in the Olympic trials then there would be problems.

actually your right,

anyhow i think people are seeing "race-fixing" and thinking it was used to help them win races.

actually your right,

anyhow i think people are seeing "race-fixing" and thinking it was used to help them win races.

Well this situation is technically "team skating" and that's against short track rules

and the purpose of the race fixing was to give the team an advantage....so it's still wrong,

Guest charlemagne

Well this situation is technically "team skating" and that's against short track rules

and the purpose of the race fixing was to give the team an advantage....so it's still wrong,

Of course its wrong, but I think we can agree that this type of situation did not help korea win their medals.

Of course its wrong, but I think we can agree that this type of situation did not help korea win their medals.

Well not this particular situation, but now people are going to question what went on during the trials.

Guest Jooliyah

Just FYI to anyone who's not familiar with Apolo, his name only has one "l" in it. He's not the sun god, haha.

I feel that Korea is way too harsh on its athletes. My friend from Korea told me how the Olympics are an extremely big deal in Korea. Everyone watches and kids even skip school just to see it which shows how competitive Korea is. I remember Yuna's interview on the Olympics where she mentioned how she got second place in a competition, and in effect she received many emails from spectators criticizing her for not getting first. And that was just an athlete getting second place, but cheating? The reaction over there I'm guessing will be ten times worse. The skaters didn't do anything horrible (no blood or blackmail...) but they definitely are going to if not are currently getting hell for it.

Guest yoo유jin진

Oh please

did I say I was happy??? did I say I hated the korean team??

I think it's sad that two talented skaters got caught up in this mess, they are great skaters but their careers are going to be ruined, I don't root for the korean team (although I like Yoon Gy cuz he's adorable) but I don't want to see bad things happen to them either. What does this have to do with team usa anyways?? what will they gain??

The reason I posted it because during the Olympics everyone was soooooo into Speed Skating....but I guess now that the Olympics are over no one cares anymore. Poor Yoon Gy, Jungsu and Si Bak people only care when the Olympics come around even though you guys work your butts off.

BTW It's always fine when people are rude to Apolo Ohno but if people are rude to the korean team (and I am not being rude to them) people wanna say "can't you be nice about it?"

oh please, you know what I mean.

I also think the whole situation is extremely sad, and of course they ruined their careers, and worst of all, it was completely their own fault.

And, no, I don't think that no one cares anymore because the olympics are over..I think people like you still do. I never said that team usa had anything to gain from this. What I meant by mentioning them in my post to you was that you seem to have an infatuation with ohno, and the american team, and think very highly of them. Which is NOT a bad thing, I just hate to see others disliking other teams because they support another (like you obviously dislike team korea).

And I don't even think it is necessary that you straight out say that you don't like the korean skaters. What I said what I said because it seemed pretty clear to me, and that is the impression you gave me with your arrogant replies in this thread and the olympic one. If it is true that you do not dislike either the skaters involved in the news or korean skaters in general, please try not to express your words like you do. By doing that, you are only asking me to misinterpret what you say.

btw, it's only natural that most koreans will be rude about ohno, but that does not include everyone. He is a good skater and everyone knows and acknowledges that. You do not need to try to defend him as much as you do. And I'm honestly sorry if I made you mad...(I can tell by your over use of ???)...

oh please, you know what I mean.

I also think the whole situation is extremely sad, and of course they ruined their careers, and worst of all, it was completely their own fault.

And, no, I don't think that no one cares anymore because the olympics are over..I think people like you still do. I never said that team usa had anything to gain from this. What I meant by mentioning them in my post to you was that you seem to have an infatuation with ohno, and the american team, and think very highly of them. Which is NOT a bad thing, I just hate to see others disliking other teams because they support another (like you obviously dislike team korea).

And I don't even think it is necessary that you straight out say that you don't like the korean skaters. What I said what I said because it seemed pretty clear to me, and that is the impression you gave me with your arrogant replies in this thread and the olympic one. If it is true that you do not dislike either the skaters involved in the news or korean skaters in general, please try not to express your words like you do. By doing that, you are only asking me to misinterpret what you say.

btw, it's only natural that most koreans will be rude about ohno, but that does not include everyone. He is a good skater and everyone knows and acknowledges that. You do not need to try to defend him as much as you do. And I'm honestly sorry if I made you mad...(I can tell by your over use of ???)...

O_O

I'm still trying to see where I said I disliked the korean team

there is a difference between disliking and not rooting for a team, I don't root for team korea

I root for team usa because that's my home...just like koreans will root for their hometown heroes.

My replies are only arrogant to you because you don't agree with them that's all, and don't even start with me

on those Olympic threads because people were being racist and hateful not only towards Ohno but to the Australian judge and team China but of course no one cared.

I didnt badmouth team korea once in this thread...it seems like people are waiting for me to do that

...trust me I won't.

Guest kfosho

i'm not too sure what is going on...so they helped make the rink?? or something?

ahha whatever it is...i hope it doesn't make korea look bad.

Weird, when Apolo was accused of cheating, people wouldn't shut up about it.

Whatever happened to, "I'm not ragging on Apolo because he's Apolo - a Japanese-American, I just don't condone cheating" - everyone who was so quick to jump down Apolo's throat became mute or something?

Oh, wait. It's because it's your two precious Korean athletes this time around. I get it.

The people on this forum are so transparent.

Guest natural-retard

Dude by Soompi standards these guys are not korean celebrities and by their looks most of these superficial fangirls would never consider them celebrities. LOL!

Put this in the Sports section, but you did it to rub in the faces of the people you dispise. Immature on your behalf. You want people to acknowledge the cheating going on in the Korean team however you are going about this the wrong way in which you drag youself to their level. Your post of this was clear in it's vicious intentions, its clear where you stand already but by doing this you are rubbing it into their face unecesarily, it would have been done better had you went about it more maturely.

They cheated but this does not warrant their Olympic medals stripped and most people only pay attention to the sport when they have world champion events or the Olympics. I doubt the people you have argued with during the Olympics will bother commenting, since their interest only spans that period.

Archived