Short Track athletes Lee Jungsu and Kwak Yoon Gy in trouble for race fixing

Guest Jooliyah

Dude by Soompi standards these guys are not korean celebrities and by their looks most of these superficial fangirls would never consider them celebrities. LOL!

Put this in the Sports section, but you did it to rub in the faces of the people you dispise. Immature on your behalf. You want people to acknowledge the cheating going on in the Korean team however you are going about this the wrong way in which you drag youself to their level. Your post of this was clear in it's vicious intentions, its clear where you stand already but by doing this you are rubbing it into their face unecesarily, it would have been done better had you went about it more maturely.

They cheated but this does not warrant their Olympic medals stripped and most people only pay attention to the sport when they have world champion events or the Olympics. I doubt the people you have argued with during the Olympics will bother commenting, since their interest only spans that period.

I agree this should be in the Sports section, but your accusations are totally uncalled for. The OP's stance was clearly sympathizing with the Korean team. The reason the user posted this was to inform Soompiers about the news, not to rub it in the Korean team's faces. I don't see how this news is any less aggressive as the celeb threads that mention plastic surgery accusations, plagiary accusations, DUI and drug offenses. This is factual news. Just as you have an opinion about the OP, the OP has an opinion about the situation. There was no malicious intent whatsoever. I think you need to reread the user's posts.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blueberries8213

^haha owned.

anyways-

somethings don't have to be said directly to be known. They can be implied.

From various posts, I can tell that you prefer the US team over the Korean team. And although you may not have meant it to seem this way, from what I garnered, you really don't like the Korean team, albeit Koreans. Or it seems like.

And Apollo did cheat. If you want to argue with me against this, then pm me and send me factual evidence, with the truth.

Guest atel

aigooo. they made me re-look at short track and then this happens.

kinda like the game fixing stuff that happened in starcraft.

Weird, when Apolo was accused of cheating, people wouldn't shut up about it.

Whatever happened to, "I'm not ragging on Apolo because he's Apolo - a Japanese-American, I just don't condone cheating" - everyone who was so quick to jump down Apolo's throat became mute or something?

Oh, wait. It's because it's your two precious Korean athletes this time around. I get it.

The people on this forum are so transparent.

You know it.....this hot irony is burning

Dude by Soompi standards these guys are not korean celebrities and by their looks most of these superficial fangirls would never consider them celebrities. LOL!

Put this in the Sports section, but you did it to rub in the faces of the people you dispise. Immature on your behalf. You want people to acknowledge the cheating going on in the Korean team however you are going about this the wrong way in which you drag youself to their level. Your post of this was clear in it's vicious intentions, its clear where you stand already but by doing this you are rubbing it into their face unecesarily, it would have been done better had you went about it more maturely.

They cheated but this does not warrant their Olympic medals stripped and most people only pay attention to the sport when they have world champion events or the Olympics. I doubt the people you have argued with during the Olympics will bother commenting, since their interest only spans that period.

20qzw5g.gif

Please tell me how I am rubbing it in???..Although I could do that if I wanted to because the hypocrisy is amazing

and um...people always make threads about Kim Yuna in this section...so I can make a post about these two.

Like I said nobody wants to hear their country athletes being badmouthed so they want to blow the situation out of proportion.

^haha owned.

anyways-

somethings don't have to be said directly to be known. They can be implied.

From various posts, I can tell that you prefer the US team over the Korean team. And although you may not have meant it to seem this way, from what I garnered, you really don't like the Korean team, albeit Koreans. Or it seems like.

And Apollo did cheat. If you want to argue with me against this, then pm me and send me factual evidence, with the truth.

Oh please think what you want...and maybe Apollo cheated....but Apolo didnt cheat lol

don't worry I won't pm, there is no need.

@the bold way to go Einstein

It's amazing, it really is..suppose I didnt like the korean team

why is somesting wrong all of a sudden?? It wasnt an issue when people were drunk off the haterade when it came to Apolo.....hmmmmm.......

I know what the real issue is here

1. Korea got caught up in a bad situation

2. It's being talked about

3. Hypocrites are being exposed

4. No one can handle the truth so they try to make it like everyone is out to get Korea

Guest natural-retard

I agree this should be in the Sports section, but your accusations are totally uncalled for. The OP's stance was clearly sympathizing with the Korean team. The reason the user posted this was to inform Soompiers about the news, not to rub it in the Korean team's faces. I don't see how this news is any less aggressive as the celeb threads that mention plastic surgery accusations, plagiary accusations, DUI and drug offenses. This is factual news. Just as you have an opinion about the OP, the OP has an opinion about the situation. There was no malicious intent whatsoever. I think you need to reread the user's posts.

Just thought soompi would wanna hear the news since you all are soooooo into short track speedskating and are so opinionated when it comes to cheating.

Intent is there. I know this is less aggressive but the intention was for it to be posted here. When evidently it could have been posted in the Sports sections, this clearly doesn't belong here. I see rubbing it in in this sentence from the first post. All those other posts have a point being in this section, where as this one finds no place here.

Please tell me how I am rubbing it in???..Although I could do that if I wanted to because the hypocrisy is amazing

and um...people always make threads about Kim Yuna in this section...so I can make a post about these two.

Like I said nobody wants to hear their country athletes being badmouthed so they want to blow the situation out of proportion.

It's amazing, it really is..suppose I didnt like the korean team

why is somesting wrong all of a sudden?? It wasnt an issue when people were drunk off the haterade when it came to Apolo.....hmmmmm.......

I know what the real issue is here

1. Korea got caught up in a bad situation

2. It's being talked about

3. Hypocrites are being exposed

4. No one can handle the truth so they try to make it like everyone is out to get Korea

People are handling it, but the people you want on this thread aren't appearing. Kim Yuna's threads are warranted here because of her vast amounts of Endorsements, she is in fact a Korean celebrity, in terms of status and fame she single-handedly commands more than the whole short track team.

The constant reference to Apolo, it may not be you bring it up but the post has took a turn in the wrong direction. Plus Apolo's comparison shouldn't even be here because he was never caught up in this sort of thing, but was accused and no action was taken against him.

Maybe in the Sports section you will get the response you wanted.

Guest colloquy

Intent is there. I know this is less aggressive but the intention was for it to be posted here. When evidently it could have been posted in the Sports sections, this clearly doesn't belong here. I see rubbing it in in this sentence from the first post. All those other posts have a point being in this section, where as this one finds no place here.

People are handling it, but the people you want on this thread aren't appearing. Kim Yuna's threads are warranted here because of her vast amounts of Endorsements, she is in fact a Korean celebrity, in terms of status and fame she single-handedly commands more than the whole short track team.

The constant reference to Apolo, it may not be you bring it up but the post has took a turn in the wrong direction. Plus Apolo's comparison shouldn't even be here because he was never caught up in this sort of thing, but was accused and no action was taken against him.

This is an appropriate section for this story. Kim Yuna is not the only well known Korean athlete, and this story is widely discussed in this country at the very moment... certainly more so than irrelevant boy bands like MBLAQ and Beast. By your logic, lesser known groups and celebrities without endorsements shouldn't be in this forum either.

But it's the truth

anytime there is a situation involving a korean in sports people call out people for cheating.

Remember the World Cup in 2006???

Soompi always gets up in arms and lashes out at people and now when the situation is reversed everyone is sympathetic and making excuses.

You know it's the truth, I remember in during the Torino games everyone called Apolo a big fat cheater based on a bunch of inaccurate stupidity but if people call these two guys cheaters then it's "OMG you hate korean people"

and that whole comment about how Kim Yuna is more important than the short track team is ridiculous

and sad, it's sad how people only want to claim and brag during the Olympics.

You guys...don't feed into LucasBunny. She has a track record of being cunningly racist and offensive. she's been reported for it many times, and this is her actually toned down. she may state that she's not racist at all, but a lot of her posts degrade Koreans and Asians. You just gotta let her do what she wants to do. Let her keep responding to your comments, and then just ignore her.

The race card can't save you

Don't even get me started on the racism, majority of soompiers are notorious for being openly racist.

This post is not degrading asians or koreans, I didnt even say anything negative towards Lee Jungsu or Yoon Gy,

I find it funny how nobody is really commenting on the situation itself, that's soompi for you

avoiding the situation.

Alot of people just got put on blast and now they want to try and make me out to be the bad guy.

Guest Tonyc402

You guys...don't feed into LucasBunny. She has a track record of being cunningly racist and offensive. she's been reported for it many times, and this is her actually toned down. she may state that she's not racist at all, but a lot of her posts degrade Koreans and Asians. You just gotta let her do what she wants to do. Let her keep responding to your comments, and then just ignore her.

Well if that was ACTUALLY true then would she not be banned? I mean look how long shes been here and the number of posts . I have to say , most of the things she says is the truth but it seems like people on this section of the forum cant take the truth. Most of the time whenever there is some constructive criticism among Korean idols fangirls go up in arms and say " YOU'RE A HATER!...blah blah blah" here. Its like they cant take negativity.

Well if that was ACTUALLY true then would she not be banned? I mean look how long shes been here and the number of posts . I have to say , most of the things she says is the truth but it seems like people on this section of the forum cant take the truth. Most of the time whenever there is some constructive criticism among Korean idols fangirls go up in arms and say " YOU'RE A HATER!...blah blah blah" here. Its like they cant take negativity.

I don't care about what people have to say, there are no cunningly racist remarks going on in this thread....atleast not from me.

Just because you tell the truth that people don't like about a korean celeb it's racist according to soompi, look at the situations with the plagiarism.

Anyways

when there is more news I will update.

Guest TALK PLAY LOVE

Weird, when Apolo was accused of cheating, people wouldn't shut up about it.

Whatever happened to, "I'm not ragging on Apolo because he's Apolo - a Japanese-American, I just don't condone cheating" - everyone who was so quick to jump down Apolo's throat became mute or something?

Oh, wait. It's because it's your two precious Korean athletes this time around. I get it.

The people on this forum are so transparent.

THIS. QFT. QFT.

The second QFT = quite fcking true!

I have to agree with Tonyc402. Say one thing remotely critical about any idol around here, and the next thing you know, you're being flamed for being a hater or an anti.

Guest natural-retard

But it's the truth

anytime there is a situation involving a korean in sports people call out people for cheating.

Remember the World Cup in 2006???

Soompi always gets up in arms and lashes out at people and now when the situation is reversed everyone is sympathetic and making excuses.

You know it's the truth, I remember in during the Torino games everyone called Apolo a big fat cheater based on a bunch of inaccurate stupidity but if people call these two guys cheaters then it's "OMG you hate korean people"

and that whole comment about how Kim Yuna is more important than the short track team is ridiculous

and sad, it's sad how people only want to claim and brag during the Olympics.

The article is the truth but the manner you are going about it your are dragging yourself to the level of the people in the short-track thread. Which is not necessary, you want to expose the hypocrisy in Soompi, but you have to understand this is the internet, at the end of the day people would say things they won't do outside of this environment, and support their arguments with pictures and with random red circles around what was supposed to be the cheating.

Let people stay ignorant if they wish, don't you find it get tiring after a while?

As a said earlier people are only interested in short-track during the olympics and their interest extends no further. The comment about Yuna is true and you know it is, she clearly has more influence in Korean and fame than the whole team of short-skaters, maybe because she a one woman show holding up the figure-skating in Korea. (Korea always loves the Next big thing, something they can always be proud of and claim and boost...same with every country really but of a different scale...)

Thing are not going to chnage overnight on Soompi and overnight in Korea, I think death threats will probably be sent in every major event when something they did not predict would happen.

The article is the truth but the manner you are going about it your are dragging yourself to the level of the people in the short-track thread. Which is not necessary, you want to expose the hypocrisy in Soompi, but you have to understand this is the internet, at the end of the day people would say things they won't do outside of this environment, and support their arguments with pictures and with random red circles around what was supposed to be the cheating.

Let people stay ignorant if they wish, don't you find it get tiring after a while?

As a said earlier people are only interested in short-track during the olympics and their interest extends no further. The comment about Yuna is true and you know it is, she clearly has more influence in Korean and fame than the whole team of short-skaters, maybe because she a one woman show holding up the figure-skating in Korea. (Korea always loves the Next big thing, something they can always be proud of and claim and boost...same with every country really but of a different scale...)

Thing are not going to chnage overnight on Soompi and overnight in Korea, I think death threats will probably be sent in every major event when something they did not predict would happen.

How am I going about it the wrong way

Come on is it not true that short track is SRS business here on soompi???

There was no intent I was clearly speaking the truth.

I think it is necessary since everyone is so against cheating....supposedly.

I think this is the appropriate section, people just don't want it here that's all.

I also find it funny how ALL OF A SUDDEN people want to act all peacemaker about the situation, where were you when people praised Apolo's death threats and were racist to him??? You are not fooling anybody.

People see what they want to see ;)

You're not lol.

Are people seriously accusing you of being racist and degrading towards Koreans?

I'm dying of laughter right now.

Don't pay them any mind. You know how it is around these forums.

Guest natural-retard

This is an appropriate section for this story. Kim Yuna is not the only well known Korean athlete, and this story is widely discussed in this country at the very moment... certainly more so than irrelevant boy bands like MBLAQ and Beast. By your logic, lesser known groups and celebrities without endorsements shouldn't be in this forum either.

She is more involved in the environment of celebrities and associated with fame, she has huge endorsements and does tv shows quite abit and she has displayed singing talents and others and puts on more on a scale of sports celebrity, in comparison with likes David Beckham. Who is literally a celebrity but you won't say the same for other footballers. But still an article on a David Beckham injury or Fifa fines on a player or team would be under a sports section. Why should it differ here?

Come on is it not true that short track is SRS business here on soompi???

There was no intent I was clearly speaking the truth.

I think it is necessary since everyone is so against cheating....supposedly.

I think this is the appropriate section, people just don't want it here that's all.

I also find it funny how ALL OF A SUDDEN people want to act all peacemaker about the situation, where were you when people praised Apolo's death threats and were racist to him??? You are not fooling anybody.

The intent is that you was that you did it on reason against those that were involved arguments you had in the short-track thread. This article is directed at them at most.

You think its an appropriate section whereas I think the appropriate section will be sport as for reasons I have pointed out before. Plus rather than a celebrity news its more of a sports news.

You bring it back to Apolo and examples of this, referring to it...This just prove my point that you had a motive. To prove people wrong and that they are ignorant. All of sudden peacemaker? I have a neutral standing in this sport, and where was I when people posted hate comments on Apolo, sorry if I don't time myself you your needs. And I am not fooling anyone? :rolleyes: Who is there to fool? and may I ask what might be the reasons for fooling people? Clearly you are still angry at the hater comments to him, but as I said earlier again, Apolo should not be brought into this as he was never implicated for the accusations against him. Apolo should be separate from this article and from this thread.

If you enjoy what you are doing by all means continue, hopefully your work pays off seeing that it means so much to you to open the eyes of the people on the internet.

Guest colloquy

She is more involved in the environment of celebrities and associated with fame, she has huge endorsements and does tv shows quite abit and she has displayed singing talents and others and puts on more on a scale of sports celebrity, in comparison with likes David Beckham. Who is literally a celebrity but you won't say the same for other footballers. But still an article on a David Beckham injury or Fifa fines on a player or team would be under a sports section. Why should it differ here?

Really, who gives a crap? Do you really think the response will change if it went in the sports section? Have you ever seen some of the nationalistic discussions that take place in the forum? pinkberry, please. Your argument is illogical anyway, I'm not even going to delve into your Beckham argument.

You bring it back to Apolo and examples of this, referring to it...This just prove my point that you had a motive. To prove people wrong and that they are ignorant. All of sudden peacemaker? I have a neutral standing in this sport, and where was I when people posted hate comments on Apolo, sorry if I don't time myself you your needs. And I am not fooling anyone? :rolleyes: Who is there to fool? and may I ask what might be the reasons for fooling people? Clearly you are still angry at the hater comments to him, but as I said earlier again, Apolo should not be brought into this as he was never implicated for the accusations against him. Apolo should be separate from this article and from this thread.

She was simply comparing the reaction between this scandal and Apolo Anton Ohno's scandal. While she may be a fangirl, any impartial person will realize that the reactions are extremely different and that is an interesting topic of conversation. Posting up a relevant, timely article with well-known Korean athletes is hardly trolling.

Everyone has a 'motive' and an 'intent' when performing basically every action in their lifetime. I really don't understand what you're dedicating paragraphs to this topic, but I think something's bothering you that you're not really voicing. What is your motive and intent by derailing a thread with rants?

If it's really a board change that you want so badly, then contact a moderator.

Oh please

Just stop it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The intent is that you was that you did it on reason against those that were involved arguments you had in the short-track thread. This article is directed at them at most.

You think its an appropriate section whereas I think the appropriate section will be sport as for reasons I have pointed out before. Plus rather than a celebrity news its more of a sports news.

If you enjoy what you are doing by all means continue, hopefully your work pays off seeing that it means so much to you to open the eyes of the people on the internet.

Lol...I can assure that I'm not 'MAD' at the awful comments directed towards him

I just cannot believe how hypocritical people are being all of a sudden.

In 2002 cheating was absolutly unacceptable to short track fans, people felt they were cheated out of a gold medal

look at the 500m relay with the woman, people felt that their country was cheated and there was a huge uproar now all of a sudden people are turning a blind eye.

I happen to keep up with short track btw, I enjoy the sport.......beyond the Olympics.

I honestly though soompiers did the same thing the way they carried on during the Olympics but I guess I was wrong eh??

So I posted the news because short track seems to be important, if I posted this in the sports section it would not have made a difference, the reason you don't want it here is because you don't want it out in the open...whatever.

I find it odd that u are so concerned on where this thread should be rather than the topic itself.

You're not lol.

Are people seriously accusing you of being racist and degrading towards Koreans?

I'm dying of laughter right now.

Don't pay them any mind. You know how it is around these forums.

Trust me I'm not lol

like I said not worshiping a korean celeb/idol/athlete=racist/hater/moron

Guest scorsagian

What's up with all the negativity in this thread?

It's really unfortunate that they could do something like that, there goes their career. For short track skaters, three years is a long time and by then, new, faster, and better skaters will probably crop up. Being caught red-handed for cheating just absolutely ruins them.

It's too bad. Now their credibility will be put in question and people will start to wonder if their Olympic medals were not the result of "fixed or team/group skating." I'm not saying they did that during the olympics but if they could "fix" a game I wonder what else they could or have done. ya know?

Seriously, the responses I've read in this thread are just.....>_>

What's up with all the negativity in this thread?

It's really unfortunate that they could do something like that, there goes their career. For short track skaters, three years is a long time and by then, new, faster, and better skaters will probably crop up. Being caught red-handed for cheating just absolutely ruins them.

It's too bad. Now their credibility will be put in question and people will start to wonder if their Olympic medals were not the result of "fixed or team/group skating." I'm not saying they did that during the olympics but if they could "fix" a game I wonder what else they could or have done. ya know?

Seriously, the responses I've read in this thread are just.....>_>

It has been questioned not only with korea but other countries as well...but it's really hard to determine the "team skating" let alone do it because that would involve alot of crosstracking which is pretty obvious.

The only way to find the truth is for them to come out and admit it.

Archived