Make-up Q & A Thread

Guest Nightsky1

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I look even weirder by tightlining! =[

Not sure if I know what you're talking about, but how are you lining your eyes? Are you just lining the top lashline, just the bottom, only waterline, or tighlining?

Perhaps you're lining too thick? If I only wearing eyeliner (without eyeshadow), I make sure to only draw a thin line. This works best for my eye shape if I want a natural look. I only line the top lash line, btw. Never waterline/tightline.

Please tell us more about the technique of how you line your eyes so we can help you.

Guest Miu-miu

I have some questions...

1) Whenever I apply eyeliner, be it liquid or cream, I never EVER get the "wing" right. It takes me SO long to make it even on both eyes. How do you soompi girls apply it so that a) it doesn't take more than 5 minutes and B) it looks nice and even?

2) I have yet to determine which foundation I want to use only - liquid or power. What's the difference and what's preferred? Some bg: I don't have oily skin, but the sides of my nose and the area around my eyebrows are somewhat dry (I try to moisturize often).

I apologize if any of these questions have been asked already, but I don't really have the time to look through every page...

Thanks.

Guest strawberrynkiwi

^^

1) I actually draw my wing backwards. So I use my angle brush from Ecotools and start from where my wing ends lightly and drag it in towards my eye.

2) If you have dry skin, use liquid foundation. Powder foundation can make the dry skin more noticeable.

Guest geenarh

I have some questions...

1) Whenever I apply eyeliner, be it liquid or cream, I never EVER get the "wing" right. It takes me SO long to make it even on both eyes. How do you soompi girls apply it so that a) it doesn't take more than 5 minutes and B) it looks nice and even?

2) I have yet to determine which foundation I want to use only - liquid or power. What's the difference and what's preferred? Some bg: I don't have oily skin, but the sides of my nose and the area around my eyebrows are somewhat dry (I try to moisturize often).

I apologize if any of these questions have been asked already, but I don't really have the time to look through every page...

Thanks.

1) I use gel eyeliner, with the bobbi brown eyeliner brush - I try applying it in thin layers/stripes, so that it's more correctable if you screw it up ;] I do my eyeliner/eyeshadow/mascara on the train to uni, and it's still manageable, so keep practising!

2) Maybe try a tinted moisturiser? Evens out skintone and moisturises. Some contain spf as well! Then you can add a translucent loose powder over the top to finish, or coloured powder if you want more coverage. Exfoliate your dry spots and moisturise before makeup (:

hi all!

is it true that if you apply mascara to fake lashes they wont last as long as when you don't? its just a random thing i read somewhere here a LONG time ago, but i've been watching some makeup videos on youtube and some gurus seem to put a bit of mascara on the fake lashes :ph34r:

is it because they clean the fake lashes after? if so, how are we meant to do it? i googled and tried some methods but they don't seem to work very well..

Guest Miss.Understood

I was wondering why does my foundation seen really blotchy, like my foundation wiped off, after a few hours? I first started makeup with mineral foundation and it was fine until months after I notice that the powder kind of grabs onto only certain part of the skin. The lady at sephora said it's probably that I need to exfoiliate. I do that now but now that I switched to a liquid foundation and same problem. I prime my face and apply finishing powder.

Also I tend to blow my nose a lot and wipe my mouth. A lot of times the makeup there just disappears but that's the area where I need to cover my scars the most (especially the philtrium). Do I just need to reapply pressed powder throughout the day or is there anyother way?

Depends on your skin type and what foundation you're using.

Do a bit of research on a certain foundation you want.

I suggest you go to makeupalley. =]

People who work at sephora really don't know what they're talking about.

Well at least in MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE they don't.

They'll say anything to get you to buy something...hahahaha.

& I'm not being mean, I'm being honest. It's called making a profit. =P

So do your research before you buy something.

Guest geminigirl

Does using oil blotting film before applying foundation or powder really helps in making your make up long lasting, especially for oily skins?unsure.gif  Michelle Phan has this video that discusses these tips and tricks (

)  that would help in making your make up last longer.

Guest xLOVEyu

hi all!

is it true that if you apply mascara to fake lashes they wont last as long as when you don't? its just a random thing i read somewhere here a LONG time ago, but i've been watching some makeup videos on youtube and some gurus seem to put a bit of mascara on the fake lashes :ph34r:

is it because they clean the fake lashes after? if so, how are we meant to do it? i googled and tried some methods but they don't seem to work very well..

That hasn't happened to me. It's not like my fake lashes are disintegrating or anything like that. I usually only put on about 1-2 coats of mascara on and then after I take it off, I use a Neutrogena make up wipe to wipe it down gently. Lashes aren't meant to be used for a long time and if you can get it at a cheap price like I do, you shouldn't have to worry about this stuff. :]

^alright thanks!!

nah i didn't meant disintegrate (LOL that would be funny imo) but more like..get bent out of shape maybe?

but yeah what is considered cheap for lashes? if you don't mind me asking..

Guest Sparks-Fly

Does using oil blotting film before applying foundation or powder really helps in making your make up long lasting, especially for oily skins?*quoted image*  Michelle Phan has this video that discusses these tips and tricks (

)  that would help in making your make up last longer.

I think that all is does is giving you a cleaner face to start off with.  If you just washed your face, there's no need to blot the non-existing oil, haha (:  To really make your foundation/powder stay on, you might want to try a primer ^_^.  Oil blotting sheets help reduce the shine on your face THROUGHOUT the day without disturbing the makeup.  Hope this helps~

Guest xbamboo

I have some questions...

Thanks.

1) Practice practice practice! It only gets easier the more you experiment to see what works best for your eye shape. Also, I'd highly recommend brush-tip liquid liners. Most Japanese brands have them and now Physician's Formula just came out with a 2-in-1 liquid eyeliner + lash boosting serum. It's $10 and is super ridiculously easy to apply. Also lasts all day on my oily lids (though it does flake a tiny bit).

2) Personally I prefer liquid foundations because I find that they offer better coverage than the powder variety. On the other hand, powder foundations are much quicker to apply and easier to do touch-ups with if you need to during the day. You also don't need to set powder foundations with a powder, whereas with liquids you probably should go for a nice setting powder to make sure they last. There are soo many foundations out there for every skin type. It really depends on what you find that works well for you. :sweatingbullets:

Guest pikasaki

hi all!

I personally don't apply mascara when I put on false eyelashes but I think it helps "stick/blend" your natural lashes with the false ones better.

But I find that the American brand eyelashes like Ardell don't last as long as the Asian brands like Darkness and Shisem, because they are made of natural hairs so they get bent out of shape easier and faster if you're not super gentle!

I wear eyelashes everyday! I buy mine from Model21 a box of 10 pairs for $6.95-$7.95 which is cheap compared to 1 pair for $5-6 at the stores for Ardell.

Quick question (for my mom). My mom has been trying BB Cream but it starts to dry out. My mom has really good skin, but for some reason she loses her natural oil and the BB Cream eventually dries out (starts to look a bit cakey/cracked). To rule anything out, she does moisturize before applying BB cream. Any suggestions :)?

Guest kitty_N

teddyzyuja: Stop using the BB Cream. If her skin is good and has been good before the use of the BB Cream then it may just be that the BB Cream is not compatible with her skin.

Guest jaycupbaby_

so i have really dry skin and after i put on my liquid foundation, theres always dry orange skin flakes because of my foundation..

how do i fix it? especially after i applied everything on! and if i put more moisturizer on the dry parts, it ruins the foundation and makes it look even more dry

Guest lychee_poo

so i have really dry skin and after i put on my liquid foundation, theres always dry orange skin flakes because of my foundation..

how do i fix it? especially after i applied everything on! and if i put more moisturizer on the dry parts, it ruins the foundation and makes it look even more dry

For the flakes you should exfoliate once a week and remember to put on moisturizer before foundation. But let your skin absorb the moisturizer first. As for orange, maybe your foundation is the wrong shade?

Guest WitchGoddess

Apply moisturizer before putting on the foundation or try a primer like smashbox's photo finish primer.

Guest dropthebeat

If you have extreme dry skin use a moisturizer that specifies its for extra dry skin.

Archived