Make-up Q & A Thread

Guest Nightsky1

Guest NYCgurl

this may be a dumb question, but i was wondering, if your concealer starts to fade away during the day (possibly because of oily skin?), is it bad for your skin to reapply some more?

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yuri9do0

this may be a dumb question, but i was wondering, if your concealer starts to fade away during the day (possibly because of oily skin?), is it bad for your skin to reapply some more?

it probably will fade away

you can re-apply if needed. i dont think its bad for your skin... i mean.. you already have products on your face, so adding more probably wont do any harm? :/

a primer can help your products to stay on longer (:

Guest YukiPuu

For the most part, makeup should be applied on cleansed and moisturized skin. Throughout the day, your skin produces oils to moisturize your face. This oil and your other makeup products (powder) can cause the concealer to apply unevenly. When you reapply concealer, you're also trapping the oil underneath the makeup.

Edit: Yes, primer would make your face makeup stay on longer. It'd probably be wise to invest in a good one :)

Guest briiroo

does anyone else have the problem of eyeliner just not looking good on the bottom of your eye?

if so how do you do your makeup && do you know any makeup tutorials that are good for eyes like that?

Guest Marshmallagatha

^ you can just not put it on, its just a matter of personal preference, try not to literally line your waterline but kind of smudge it at the corners :)

Guest YukiPuu

does anyone else have the problem of eyeliner just not looking good on the bottom of your eye?

if so how do you do your makeup && do you know any makeup tutorials that are good for eyes like that?

Different makeup techniques complement different eye shapes. If it doesn't look good on you, you're not forced to wear it :) If eyeliner is too harsh, try using eyeshadow!

Eyeliner looks way too harsh for my eyes, so I usually line my eyes with eyeshadow instead. I have a tutorial on how I do my makeup.

http://guruyuki.blogspot.com/2010/07/tutorial-wine-and-burgundy.html

What brand of eyeliner are you using? Some eyeliners don't work well and end up smudging no matter what you do.

I've never tried Bobbi Brown's but I have tried MAC Fluidlines. They're really pigmented and you get a variety of colors. But honestly I use the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner now because it's practically the same thing.

Oohhh. But I use Maybelline right now (Not the same as yours, but it's also gel) and it itches and turns my eyes red D:.

Now that I think about it, does Makeup expire?

Cause I have had the Maybelline one for a year or two and just started using it recently >_<.

I heard from my sis that it does expire a few months later, but I keep thinking that I can still use it.

Are you talking about the gel liners? I have two and they're super smooth and easy to put apply... they last for a long time as well, and many of my friends swear by it. I have really watery eyes and for me it tends to smudge a bit, and I'm too lazy to keep washing an eyeliner brush... so I just stick to liquid. Its good for people who like intense black eyeliner since the colour payoff is so good.

Ohhh, does liquid eyeliner stay for a long time too? Cause I'm too lazy to wait for liquid eyeliners to dry xD.

And since I have single lids, everytime I open my eyes (before it dries), the eyeliner goes everywhere.

Guest lillazygirlz

Hello Soompiers :)

I noticed something weird happening the past few days. I only ever put eyeliner on my top lashline(eyelid), never the bottom lashline. But after a couple hours, the eyeline somehow ends up smudging to below my bottom lashline, giving me panda eyes :(

I do put concealer as a base on my eyelid & it does stop the eyeliner from smudging onto my eyelid.

Any suggestions on why it's smudging like that? And how to stop it?

Should I just put concealer under my eyes as well?

lol that used to happen to me when i used pencil liners.

try switching to liquid or gel?

ive never tried gel personally but i hear amazing things.

as for liquid liners.

i find they stay on way better than pencil and hardly smudge.

i use annabelles liquid liner.

you can find it at your local drugmart for cheappp.

not sure if US stores carry it actually but i know canadas shoppers does :)

underrated liquid liner in my opinion!

Hey guys, i'm just wondering, how do you get concealer to blend in with the rest of your skin? I only use some concealer for the under-eye area, but it always looks kind of odd because its just that area that looks... made up? Lol. Maybe what i'm using is too cakey in consistency~

Hey guys, i'm just wondering, how do you get concealer to blend in with the rest of your skin? I only use some concealer for the under-eye area, but it always looks kind of odd because its just that area that looks... made up? Lol. Maybe what i'm using is too cakey in consistency~

Try setting it with translucent powder, but it shouldn't look cakey in the first place. Do you apply with a brush or your fingers? If one method doesn't work, try the other method. I don't personally wear concealer because I haven't found the perfect one yet, unfortunately ;/

Oohhh. But I use Maybelline right now (in fact, it's the one you use right now) and it itches and turns my eyes red D:.

Cause I have had the Maybelline one for a year or two and just started using it recently >_<.

I heard from my sis that it does expire a few months later, but I keep thinking that I can still use it.

Ohhh, does liquid eyeliner stay for a long time too? Cause I'm too lazy to wait for liquid eyeliners to dry xD.

And since I have single lids, everytime I open my eyes (before it dries), the eyeliner goes everywhere.

Oops, I meant to edit the other post.

sorry for this extra post

Guest happy.life

Oohhh. But I use Maybelline right now (Not the same as yours, but it's also gel) and it itches and turns my eyes red D:.

I generally see most people throwing out their gel eyeliners after about 6-12 months or after it dries out. Mascara expires within 3-6 months or less. I usually don't really pay attention to the powder products haha. But I would pay really close attention to eyeliners(like frequently sharpening them), gel eyeliners, and mascaras. Those usually lead to lots of eye infections, but that can go with any makeup that's gone "bad".

Guest BAM♥BI

Hey girls.

So.. I'm just wondering what most of you apply powder foundation with?

A brush or sponge?

I currently use Dior's Forever compact and DiorSnow White Reveal UV Shield compact.

There were sponges provided, but I think it's a bit unsanitary to keep using the

sponge and costly to replace it every so often. Also, when I use a sponge

the make up looks rather cake-y. Is using a brush better? If so, any

recommendations?

Thank you <3

Guest YukiPuu

Hey girls.

A brush or sponge?

I currently use Dior's Forever compact and DiorSnow White Reveal UV Shield compact.

There were sponges provided, but I think it's a bit unsanitary to keep using the

sponge and costly to replace it every so often. Also, when I use a sponge

the make up looks rather cake-y. Is using a brush better? If so, any

recommendations?

Thank you <3

I use a kabuki brush, since the dense fibers can pick up and buff on the foundation so that it's not sheer.

Hey girls.

A brush or sponge?

Is using a brush better? If so, any

recommendations?Thank you <3

Use a brush. I don't think a sponge gives even coverage, since the first area the sponge touches will have more powder, and less as you move the sponge around. Also, I feel like it's too flat against your skin, so it can potentially drag, if you know what I mean. ;]

I use the Sonia Kashuk flat top blusher brush. It's not as big as kabukis, but it works really well, and is made of synthetic fibers/hair. You can get it from target, and I believe it's $15 or something. It's really soft, yet dense, and picks up the right amount of powder and distributes it evenly. Also, I think brushes are more sanitary because you can clean them more easily. If you wash sponges, their shape is ruined, and it will probably start to tear apart. Plus, it's just a hassle to have to keep buying new sponges every time you run out.

Sponges work better for liquid foundation, but I think for liquid, you can still use a brush or even your fingers.

Guest coldfire-x

Does anybody have the link to that infamous chart (I think it's from makeup alley) where it shows you which foundation by which company is the same shade with different names? Thank you!!

Guest WitchGoddess

When you are doing you're water line you have to be careful about which brand you use. I don't trust drug store brand make up. If you are going to be putting stuff on your face you might as well invest in the good stuff that will last long. I like to use Mac. Fluidliner, Pencil liner, and Liquid last. What you should do is choose either a gel liner or a pencil liner for your waterline and then go over it with the liquid liner. It will last the whole day.

Guest hkukaudition

Hi!

With sun cream/sun block, since you have to reapply it every couple of hours or so, if you have make-up on, do you have to take off all your make up and reapply sun cream then redo make up?

Can you put suncream over make up O_O?

Archived