Make-up Q & A Thread

Guest Nightsky1

Guest ShortaznGirl

You can try using a moisturizer with SPF under your foundation (without SPF) and set it with a power (without SPF). It works for me when I take pictures.

If you're going to be taking pictures during the day and outdoors, do without the flash; you don't need it anyway.

If you're going to take pictures at night, then you don't need anything with SPF ^^

thank you for the suggestions :) . yeah i guess i'll just stick with an spf moisturizer underneath my makeup because all the products i use on my face have spf. hopefully this will solve the problem :)

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PeachyPie

What color blush do you guys suggest for people with olive complexion? I only have pink blushes, but I'm willing to try other colors. I just don't know where to start.

Guest hedgiehoggie

What color blush do you guys suggest for people with olive complexion? I only have pink blushes, but I'm willing to try other colors. I just don't know where to start.

also a nice bronzy blush would be really good on your skin tone. also try blushes with gold shimmers/undertones? it would look gorgeous!

Guest iPhets

was just lurking the chinese idol thread and i really love how this girl did her makeup here:

0e3939e0e3a7d9ca36f5629deb8e924a1279549346_full%20%281%29.jpg

but i'm not sure what shes using for her eyes. pencil or liquid eyeliner?

i asked a friend and she said she might have used liquid then pencil over it to soften the harsh lines that liquid eyeliner makes. i've never heard of that method before and can anyone confirm if this is true? o.O she said she learnt this tip from the 'nu ren wo zui da' show..

Guest kaihui08

helllooo. :)

i'm looking for a type of sunblock that is not too oily because the one that i used to use was the neutrogena one and i ended up really, really hating it. i want a sunblock that i can put my foundation and pressed powder over. any suggestions? thannksss!!

Guest h0w_cute*

did you try the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock? The one thats really milky? its thin and works for me. i wear it under my makeup. its so light compared to reg. sunscreen. just feels like a moisturizer

Guest ThiNgiE

For those who use primers, do you guys put it on before or after your sunblock? Right now I use moisturizer, then primer and then sunblock but a few people have been saying to put primer after I use sunblock.

EDIT: So I was googling up the question and apparently some say to use sunscreen first, then moisturizer and then primer. Now I'm just confused. Which do you guys put on first?

Guest h0w_cute*

^ i do moisturizer, let it "sink" in and dry, and then do sunscreen, and then primer. primer should always be last (right before foundation), however, i feel that the sunscreen and moisturizer are interchangeable.

Guest Hearted

^ neither ! she uses gel eyeliner. c: here is a makeup tutorial of hers~

I'd like to thank you for that, and for Soompi user who posted question. I've always wondered too, thanks :)

edit// I looked through the thread and I saw this already.. ._____. couldn't find it again, but thanks still :D *adds tutorial to favourites* ;)

Guest tinatran_

are there any make-up techniques that can make eyes look more longer or ethnic-looking? i'm sorry if i offend anyone, but i don't mean to. >.<'' my eyes are just too round and i want to tone it down to make it look a bit almond-shaped. D:

Guest happy.life

Round Eyes: This eye shape if often large, and open-looking, and many women like to use makeup to elongate the eye. Use darker liner to slightly extend beyond the eyelid at the outer corners to give this illusion. Use a medium shade of eye shadow on the eyelid (up to the crease) and extend the shade slightly both slightly up toward the brow bone and slightly down toward the lower lid to create a more elongated eye appearance.

http://makeup.lovetoknow.com/Eye_Shapes_Makeup

Guest pikasaki

^ i do moisturizer, let it "sink" in and dry, and then do sunscreen, and then primer. primer should always be last (right before foundation), however, i feel that the sunscreen and moisturizer are interchangeable.

How long should I wait for my moisturizer to "sink" in? I apply moisturizer when my face is wet after washing my face since I read somewhere that moisturizer does not "moisturize" but "locks moisture in" so it's best to apply to the face when it's wet, but it takes a while to dry/sink in...

Guest tammywammy

Hi there,

i'm looking to buy a Shu Uemura eye curler from ebay because it's really cheapp compared to their online website? I'm not sure if the ebay ones are real or fake. But has anyone bought one from ebay before???

Thanks.

Guest coldfire-x

What's the difference between anti-wrinkle and anti-aging products? Which one is ok for people in their late teens / early twenties to use?

Guest Marshmallagatha

What's the difference between anti-wrinkle and anti-aging products? Which one is ok for people in their late teens / early twenties to use?

Anti wrinkle is obviously to stop wrinkles lol and aging is to stop premature ageing signs like those spots, sagging, wrinkles etc. but i definitely DO NOT reccommend that you need to start using them at such an early age, just use a firming cream or something, what kind of ageing signs are you having lol ?

Guest Marshmallagatha

Hi there,i'm looking to buy a Shu Uemura eye curler from ebay because it's really cheapp compared to their online website? I'm not sure if the ebay ones are real or fake. But has anyone bought one from ebay before???Thanks.

Well, theyre usually around 40 USD. If they're ridiculously cheap then theyre probably fake. Check the sellers reputation, if theyve ever sold any before etc.

Whenever I use eyeliner (Maybelline's to be specific) if I use it two-three days in a row and take it off, my eyes become really red and itchy and blotchy and everything.

I've tried other eyeliners and they all seem to be like that...

Is there any sensitive eyeliner? (If there is such a thing...)

Archived