Make-up Q & A Thread

Guest Nightsky1

Guest lychee_poo

I'm planning on purchasing missha's bb pact in shade 23

will that work for my nc25-30 skin tone?

Well I'm a NW 25-30 and when I put it on it's slightly lighter than my skin tone, but after a bit it blends into my skin tone so I guess it would suit you.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xxmaine

I'm planning on purchasing missha's bb pact in shade 23

will that work for my nc25-30 skin tone?

I'm in the same shade as you are, but I find Missha Shade 23 too dark and pinkish for me.

I have a yellow undertone so it might be different for you.

Guest Rissalicious

i cant seem to get my inner lashes to curl. how do you guys curl your smaller inner lashes? maybe i need a new curler?

Guest YukiPuu

i cant seem to get my inner lashes to curl. how do you guys curl your smaller inner lashes? maybe i need a new curler?

Shu Uemura makes a mini eyelash curler ^^ I've personally never tried it, but it has okay reviews on Sephora.

Guest Rissalicious

Shu Uemura makes a mini eyelash curler ^^ I've personally never tried it, but it has okay reviews on Sephora.

i didnt even know they made mini curlers haha. thanks! :]

Guest PeachyPie

what method of application do you guys recommend for bb cream?

I was thinking of buying a stipple brush.. Should I?

Guest coldfire-x

I use fingers. It's easier to control I guess when you're blending. Stippling brush will give you an "airbrushed" look I guess. I know a lot of people use it for foundation for that reason.

Guest MzLuuli

I have really long curly upper eye-lashes. Whenever I put liquid eyeliner on, it always gets in my eye-lashes. Any tips on how to keep the liner from getting all in my lashes?

Guest human_nature

whats the difference between a stippling & kabuki brush?

The hairs of a stippling brush are usually stiffer and more far apart because its duty to stipple, as its name suggests. A kabuki brush is usually denser, larger, and softer. Kabuki brushes are usually used for powders and stippling brushes are usually used with liquids and creams. Kabuki brushes also have shorter handles and stippling brushes usually have longer handles.

Guest x byul satang

What's the best makeup remover to remove bb cream?

Instead of using makeup remover, you should cleanse your face with face wash that can also remove makeup. I use Chanel Mousse Exfoliante Purete and it gets all the BB cream off my face.

Guest chimerical.

^ makeup? or makeup brushes?

brushes, id say no because usually alcohol will dry out the strands, especially if it's real hair.

but i know some makeup artists use alcohol to disinfect synthetic brushes.

..or did you mean makeup? you have to be more specific.

Guest lychee_poo

I know that people have used rubbing alcohol to repair broken make up (blush, bronzer, etc) and alcohol for like lipsticks. For like stuff with wands (eg. mascara, lip gloss), you're suppose to clean off the wand and then dip it in alcohol to disinfect. Although for stuff with wands I wouldn't recommend reusing, if it's used then somebody already dipped the wand back in with their germs on it so just throw it out. You can also dampen a cloth with some alcohol and wipe off your eyeliner (if it's pencil). Other than that, I don't really know.'

Edit: Here's a site that shows you how to disinfect blushes, I guess you could so the same for other pressed powders.

http://www.asianbeautyblog.com/~jackii/entry/34910-spring-cleaning-disinfecting-eyeshadow-blush.html

Guest _anan

I'd say not to use hand sanitizer, especially on things like eyeliner and eyeshadows

your eyes are sensitive and are prone to chemicals. 

Guest angieelve

I'd say not to use hand sanitizer, especially on things like eyeliner and eyeshadows

your eyes are sensitive and are prone to chemicals. 

I second this! Our eyes are really sensitive,We must be careful when removing our make-up especially eyeliner and eyeshadows..

Guest littlemisssunsunshine

The hairs of a stippling brush are usually stiffer and more far apart because its duty to stipple, as its name suggests. A kabuki brush is usually denser, larger, and softer. Kabuki brushes are usually used for powders and stippling brushes are usually used with liquids and creams. Kabuki brushes also have shorter handles and stippling brushes usually have longer handles.

ahh ~ i get it now! thanks :)

Guest ronisu

What do you mean by pigmented makeup?Like most people say they like this palette or eyeshadow cause its very pigmented. I m noob to this. Thanks (:

Edit: Why do I always top a page???? ><

Archived