Restarting computer =/

Guest Exclusive.

Guest Exclusive.

I don't know what happened but by other computer restarted all of a sudden and this message saying it didn't start properly comes on and ask if you want to restart windows normally or whatever. But my problem is, it keeps restarting. The window logo will load and it will restart every 30 seconds. I did the blue screen thing where it tells you why your window thing got shut down and it said "UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" .. but other than that, I can't access to my files. I can't even get to the 'Welcome" part when it starts.

Is there any way I can fix whatever is wrong with my computer, without having to delete all my files..if ever? All the other options like safe mode with command prompt or whatever wont work because everytime I choose that or any option, my computer just restarts by itself.

I really need help.

Guest psquare6806

I had that problem too! Only like it would restart every 20 minutes. I took it to one of those computer people that fix it, or if you have some smart computer friend, you should ask them what's wrong with it. :)

Guest Exclusive.

^ The thing is, I just got it fixed last month and the problem was sort of similiar -.- They rebooted my computer and deleted all of my stuff which I don't want happening with this one.

So does the computer ever start?

Exclusive especially, if possible run speedfan and check out the SMART information.

Seatools,

http://www.seagate.com/support/seatools/seatoold_reg.html

If link doesn't work, http://www.seagate.com/support/seatools/ get the Seatools Desktop, floppy or cd image. Use that to make either a floppy or burn it to a CD to make a bootable disk. (Floppy easiest to work with)

Boot to the disk, have the program do a scan of the drive. Quick scan is good.. it should show you the SMART data for your drive.

If you haven't figured it out yet, im trying to figure out if your hard drive is about to die on you, especially if you can't boot to it and you had it formattted recently. Your drive might be on the brink of death and its loosing informaiton.

Guest Exclusive.

So after I've done this, how is it going to help me? Like with the Smart data and all? Or is it supposed to figure out the problem?

Thanks for taking the time btw. :)

--Sorry, how am i supposed to do the scan? My computer starts but only up to the windows logo, and it's loading. It never gets to the welcome part or whatever.

My logic is if your SMART data says your drive is dying its dying. Buy a new one. Otherwise I have no indication as to what condition your drive is in right? It might just be that you are very unlucky with windows and cause tons of problems. OR your drive is going out and its loosign data.

Archived