[Drama 2010] Even Mom is Pretty / Pretty Mom 엄마도 예쁘다

dramaluv3r101

everyone in this drama is selfish & self-absorbed to a degree but then in reality most if not all people are like that too.

while i do not approve of how WJ has handled his pursuit of JS & there's his questionable sense of responsibilty towards GH in the past (perhaps he run away & left GH behind because dealing with Jenny on his own all those years gave him a mental breakdown too?)  ... i do think he's right in wanting to get out of his marriage with Jenny. seriously ... that pair of mother & daughter is abhorrent in what  they  will do (ie. make use of GH & all kinds of nasty underhand scheme) just to bind WJ in that loveless marriage for their own selfish reason. Jenny told WJ not to look at her with pity and like she's trash ... well girl you gotta stop acting like you're one if you want respect ya?!!! from all account ... she was a drunk, bad wife and richard simmons who sleeps around too and doesn't seem to take much before she reverts back to her favourite pastimes ... and from what we're told ... WJ put up with her until he could no longer bear it. well, there's only so much tolerance or chance giving a person can take or do. and Jenny has pushed her limit i guess when it comes to WJ.

i watch yesterday's episode & today's back to back ... and i was going wth?!! when WJ proposes to JS that he wanted to sleep with her before he has to breakup with her so he'll be forever remembered/imprinted in her memories. that was selfish no doubt.

then i saw today's episode ... and realized that he was planning to quit his job & concentrate fully on GH & his 'depression' with no plans of being coerced to reconcile ... i thought that was a pretty smart counter move against Jenny & the mom. he can still care & help GH get well without being coerced by them to be in that sham of a marriage which i don't think is healthy for GH anyway. and it occurs to me perhaps he wanted to sleep with JS because deep within he was hoping she won't forget him & move on to another man while he's sorting out his personal life ie. helping GH get well and perhaps getting Jenny & the mom to realize that he's not going to change his mind about getting a divorce. and since he can't promise JS anything because he could no longer know if he'll ever get the divorce he wants and whether GH will ever get well and accept JS eventually etc ... he tried to hold on to her like that. so any takers that JS might possibly be pregnant from that 1 night stand to add to the drama? haha

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kei_suke

WuJin might possibly make JongSu pregnant and give him another child so Yenny and her mom cannot pursuade him to stay also another guy do'nt have chance to pursuit JongSu and last JongSu's mom will accept him.... blush.gif

WuJin is selfish, jerk and JongSu also naive n stupid .... tongue2.gif

Guest 2Van123

I have to catch up on the last few days episodes which I have taped! But going through the posts, Expuery, I agree that WJ and Jenny should end their marriage. But I also agree that WJ should have done so before he pursued JS. Saying that the marriage was over (they are still married aren't they?) isn't a good reason to pursue another woman. He should divorce Jenny, give himself time to come to terms with it before pursuing JS. In that way, JS won't look like another conquest or just some THING that he selfishly uses for his own pleasure. And I feel that whatever hoops Jenny has put him through, he should have thought of his son before he walked out of the house, let alone country. I am not saying Jenny is right. By no means can any of us who have watched even just one episode of Jenny in action could ever think so! But lets not forget that Jenny is here in Korea only because Mommy made her come over. WJ's original plan was for Jenny to sign the divorce papers in the States, giving her custody of their son and ending their marriage. He said once to JS that he planned to see his son during trips to the States and perhaps have him come over to Korea for short breaks. Hardly the picture of a man worried about leaving his son with a slutty, alcholic, suicidal mom. And that I can't forgive him for - the total disregard for his son. And his subsequent self-righteous lament that he is a responsible Dad who wants to stay involved in his son's life! After all if Mommy had not forced Jenny to take the first flight out to Korea, Jenny would now have legal custody of their son.

Right from the start of the show, we wondered what was going on with him. There was something fishy about him and Jenny's Mom while he was pursuing JS. Then he said to her that he will be 'straightforward' and come right out and say that he is married with a son. Is that being 'straightforward'? Shouldn't that have been disclosed at the start instead of when he has her almost hooked?! I think he doesn't understand what it means to be straightfoward. Just as I feel he doesn't understand personal responsibility. He is quick to put all the blame on Jenny for his son's alleged depression. Quick to say that its ok to rope in JS in his divorce battle. He is a vain and selfish man. I think it doesn't help that the character wears an arrogant bored look all the time, like everything and everyone is so beneath him that it bores him silly. They should have had her 2 beaus switched roles because Michael the artist is the one who should be wearing that expression!

I don't think he should have slept with JS but since she is legally a woman and able to think for herself and since she consented, so be it. But his reason for wanting to sleep with her isn't that just pure ego on his part?! OMG, I was so bored on the plane that I actually read an old article about Andre Agassi and how as soon as the deed was done, he boasted to the national press that he took Brooke Shield's virginity! And after they were married when he lost tennis matches, he blamed her for distracting him and making him lose focus. Is Andre the rotten jerk, WJ's hero?! We can forsee 1+1 = 3 and a new heartache for JS's Mom. And I think WJ's Dad will have to give up the love of his life forever once that happens. No way will JS' Mom not sacrifice her own happiness for JS. Another reason to hate WJ! If only there was another woman just like Jenny so he could end up with her :)

i watch yesterday's episode & today's back to back ... and i was going wth?!! when WJ proposes to JS that he wanted to sleep with her before he has to breakup with her so he'll be forever remembered/imprinted in her memories. that was selfish no doubt.

then i saw today's episode ... and realized that he was planning to quit his job & concentrate fully on GH & his 'depression' with no plans of being coerced to reconcile ... i thought that was a pretty smart counter move against Jenny & the mom. he can still care & help GH get well without being coerced by them to be in that sham of a marriage which i don't think is healthy for GH anyway. and it occurs to me perhaps he wanted to sleep with JS because deep within he was hoping she won't forget him & move on to another man while he's sorting out his personal life ie. helping GH get well and perhaps getting Jenny & the mom to realize that he's not going to change his mind about getting a divorce. and since he can't promise JS anything because he could no longer know if he'll ever get the divorce he wants and whether GH will ever get well and accept JS eventually etc ... he tried to hold on to her like that. so any takers that JS might possibly be pregnant from that 1 night stand to add to the drama? haha

I think it doesn't help that the character wears an arrogant bored look all the time, like everything and everyone is so beneath him that it bores him silly. They should have had her 2 beaus switched roles because Michael the artist is the one who should be wearing that expression!

I don't think he should have slept with JS but since she is legally a woman and able to think for herself and since she consented, so be it. But his reason for wanting to sleep with her isn't that just pure ego on his part?! OMG, I was so bored on the plane that I actually read an old article about Andre Agassi and how as soon as the deed was done, he boasted to the national press that he took Brooke Shield's virginity! And after they were married when he lost tennis matches, he blamed her for distracting him and making him lose focus. Is Andre the rotten jerk, WJ's hero?! We can forsee 1+1 = 3 and a new heartache for JS's Mom. And I think WJ's Dad will have to give up the love of his life forever once that happens. No way will JS' Mom not sacrifice her own happiness for JS. Another reason to hate WJ! If only there was another woman just like Jenny so he could end up with her :)

First, sorry for cutting your posts, guys!

I think it was selfish of WJ to sleep with JS. If he truly loved her, he would let her go. If things work out and she comes back to him then they are meant to be. Otherwise, he is just making it more difficult for JS to forget him and move on with her life. He can't say when or even if he will get back with her and yet he wants to hold on to her. For him to want to put her in that emotional limbo is pure selfishness on his part. He said to himself when she walked away "for the first and last time ILY" so at this point in time, he doesn't think they have a future together. He is not thinking of what is best for JS but what is best for him. I do agree with the comment I read in a post (forgot who wrote it) that WJ displays a lot of cocky, self-absorbed tendencies. Its no wonder that he and Jenny were attracted to each other years back!

Van, to me, its not a bored expression on WJ's face. Its rather the lack of expression! Even when he is supposed to be happy and smiling, his face is usually expressionless. He would be a good poker player. But I doubt he would get many roles as the lead actor!

JS did a flashback to their parting scene where they hugged each other and WJ had tears in his eyes. So now we know that JS has eyes at the back of her head as in the flashback, she clearly saw the tears in her eyes :)

I missed some episodes but I also doubt JS slept with WJ. If she did, that they really would have committed adultery! Surely the hellish MIL would use that as a weapon to threaten WJ and JS? I think, in the end, WJ and JS would end up together and the mom would die. She keeps talking of making a bucket list and people would do that only if their end is near. But if JS and WJ don't end up together, then the mom and WJ's dad may get together. It would be awkward for JS and WJ if that happens. I don't like Cha Yongjun - he seems strange. And I wonder why he always has a scarf around his neck.

JS did sleep with WJ ... ;) ... we get to see them in bed and underneath a blanket ... which is about as risque as we'll get from a morning drama. Haha.

I don't think the mother in law is in position to (and not in her best interest as well) to throw the adultery out at WJ since he too has stuffs on Jenny's less than stellar action during their marriage as well. She only had WJ & JS thrown together for the trip & spied on so she can get incriminating evidence to get JS's mom to stop them from being together. Of course there's no way of knowing she won't use that later on just to make things downright nasty if things don't go her way.

I agree with pint0 ... the actor who played WJ is really really such a bad actor. Haha. Kind of reminds me of Hosae in You're my destiny.

I think Jenny's mom need to see a shrink. She claims to want the best for her daughter and have not given up on her but her way of showing it is questionable. She says cruel things to Jenny and threaten to cut her off if she doesn't stay married to WJ ... and it was partly because of what she said about being ashamed to have the same blood running in Jenny's body that caused Jenny to cut her wrist in an attempt to drain her blood during that suicide attempt. Then she tells WJ to help her save Jenny. I think what Jenny really needed is the mother's approval & possibly support and not being stuck in the loveless marriage with WJ. If WJ is enough for her ... then she wouldn't have gone back to her crazy ways again & again during their marriage. She's an insecure & unhappy woman because of her mother's neglect but the mom is still trying to push the responsibility to someone else.

And can't WJ see? He should be telling this 2 crazy woman that the only way GH won't end up like Jenny is for him to take GH away from their influence because all signs point to Jenny being the kind of mother her own mother is. So even if they stay a family ... they are still subjecting GH to an unhealthy family life and being a 2nd Jenny. :wacko:

While I heartily dislike the eldest sister & the mom's friend who work at the shop and think they are such big mouth ... what they say in today's episode kind of make sense to me. I think it's unrealistic for the mom to encourage and hope YJ would be willing to accept JW as a man. JW is a sweet kid and that's what he is and will be forever ... and if YJ falls in love & wants to take care of him for life then kudos to her. But taking care of JW is a great responsibility no matter how sweet he is so isn't it selfish of the mom to hope YJ will take that role when she has constantly said she's doing whatever it takes so JW will not be a burden to any of her other children when she's gone? That just doesn't sound right to me. So your children are precious but it's ok for YJ because she's an orphan that you helped out? And YJ is hardly the right candidate to take care of JW when she's an immature brat who can't even take care of herself otherwise she wouldn't be getting into various trouble with the law. JS is possibly the only one of her children who seem likely to care for JW in her stead but JS is precious to her so she doesn't want to saddle JS either while we all know the other 2 are leechers who are not in position to and too selfish to care for JW once she die anyway.

I think Cha Yong Jun's scarf around the neck is to dare ppl he meet to strangle him with it because that's how annoying he is. What a self pompous guy.

Guest 2Van123

JS did sleep with WJ ... ;) ... we get to see them in bed and underneath a blanket ... which is about as risque as we'll get from a morning drama. Haha.

I don't think the mother in law is in position to (and not in her best interest as well) to throw the adultery out at WJ since he too has stuffs on Jenny's less than stellar action during their marriage as well. She only had WJ & JS thrown together for the trip & spied on so she can get incriminating evidence to get JS's mom to stop them from being together. Of course there's no way of knowing she won't use that later on just to make things downright nasty if things don't go her way.

I agree with pint0 ... the actor who played WJ is really really such a bad actor. Haha. Kind of reminds me of Hosae in You're my destiny.

I think Jenny's mom need to see a shrink. She claims to want the best for her daughter and have not given up on her but her way of showing it is questionable. She says cruel things to Jenny and threaten to cut her off if she doesn't stay married to WJ ... and it was partly because of what she said about being ashamed to have the same blood running in Jenny's body that caused Jenny to cut her wrist in an attempt to drain her blood during that suicide attempt. Then she tells WJ to help her save Jenny. I think what Jenny really needed is the mother's approval & possibly support and not being stuck in the loveless marriage with WJ. If WJ is enough for her ... then she wouldn't have gone back to her crazy ways again & again during their marriage. She's an insecure & unhappy woman because of her mother's neglect but the mom is still trying to push the responsibility to someone else.

And can't WJ see? He should be telling this 2 crazy woman that the only way GH won't end up like Jenny is for him to take GH away from their influence because all signs point to Jenny being the kind of mother her own mother is. So even if they stay a family ... they are still subjecting GH to an unhealthy family life and being a 2nd Jenny. :wacko:

While I heartily dislike the eldest sister & the mom's friend who work at the shop and think they are such big mouth ... what they say in today's episode kind of make sense to me. I think it's unrealistic for the mom to encourage and hope YJ would be willing to accept JW as a man. JW is a sweet kid and that's what he is and will be forever ... and if YJ falls in love & wants to take care of him for life then kudos to her. But taking care of JW is a great responsibility no matter how sweet he is so isn't it selfish of the mom to hope YJ will take that role when she has constantly said she's doing whatever it takes so JW will not be a burden to any of her other children when she's gone? That just doesn't sound right to me. So your children are precious but it's ok for YJ because she's an orphan that you helped out? And YJ is hardly the right candidate to take care of JW when she's an immature brat who can't even take care of herself otherwise she wouldn't be getting into various trouble with the law. JS is possibly the only one of her children who seem likely to care for JW in her stead but JS is precious to her so she doesn't want to saddle JS either while we all know the other 2 are leechers who are not in position to and too selfish to care for JW once she die anyway.

I think Cha Yong Jun's scarf around the neck is to dare ppl he meet to strangle him with it because that's how annoying he is. What a self pompous guy.

I agree! I was shocked that the Mom and even the Priest asked YJ if she could see JW as a man. That's totally wrong. It would be different if JW was able to take care of himself. But our dear sweet boy can't even tie his own shoelaces. The Mom should send him somewhere where he could learn a skill and teach him to do simple things for himself like go to the shop and buy a loaf of bread, etc.

I dislike the Mom's friend as well. She seems to like to instigate the children to act out againt the Mom. And I mean 'children' because the whole lot of them are immature and spoilt rotten.

haha, Yong Jun loves to wear a scarf. I've hardly seen him without one in the different dramas I've seen him in. JS has deplorable taste in men. Yes, she did sleep with WJ and yes, this is a morning drama :) But hey, in almost every morning drama there's at least 1 illegitimate child! Seems like half of Korea was born out of wedlock!

I am not sure if I missed anything in the earlier episodes but do we have anything on WJ's Mom? He keeps looking at her pix - a very old one. And he said recently that he met his Dad for the first time when he was 8 years old? That Dad seems to have lived a too colorful life like a serial woman chaser.

Setting aside that I don't like how WJ handled, or mishandled or didn't handle the "jenny and I are as good as divorced" situtation, I don't see why he had to break up with JS. He could still help his son but keep JS a part of his life. Its not like she wouldn't want to wait in the wings and help out whenever she can. How serious is he in caring for his son that he would have let him live with the 2 witches. And now he proclaimed to his Dad that it seems like his destiny is to be his son and Jenny's protector?! The 2 witches and him need counselling like yesterday!

can't wait till YJ moved in with WJ's family!! haha ... she's gonna give Jenny & her mom some pain for sure. w00t.gif her annoying rudeness will come in handy when it comes to those two witches. any takers that WJ will find out about GH's false depression from YJ because GH might just let it slip to YJ or she overheard something on her own? not to mention the thing with JC & Jenny ... can't wait to see some catfight. phew.gif

from today's episode ... the subs again came out with the eldest son-in-law's unemployment and bum status from his wife's mouth ... so i think he is probably unemployed but gets called in for some temp replacement teaching and does nothing except hang around other lecturers/professors/students in case he got his lucky break to be a professor for real? oh ... not to mention having an affair on the side. anyway, from most of the dramas i've watched ... seemed like getting professorship in uni seems to require a lot of sucking up & bribery in cake/fruit boxes or connections of some sort.

and isn't it disturbing how both the eldest sister & that ex-cop brother can sit around & talk about her stealing JS's gift painting and selling it for money and being proud of how clever she was to have figure out the painting is real and stealing from her own sister?:crazy: i would so hate it for the eldest daughter to be the illegitimate child of WJ's dad if the story is really going in that direction ... she's already insufferable poor ... can you imagine how she would be rich? :ph34r:

Guest b00kw0rm

haha, Yong Jun loves to wear a scarf. I've hardly seen him without one in the different dramas I've seen him in.

I saw this actor in Empress Chong Chu and yeah, he wore a scarf like 99% of the time too. Maybe he has a scar on his neck or thinks it’s very fashionable. Or maybe his last place of vacation was Texas 

Setting aside that I don't like how WJ handled, or mishandled or didn't handle the "jenny and I are as good as divorced" situtation, I don't see why he had to break up with JS. He could still help his son but keep JS a part of his life. Its not like she wouldn't want to wait in the wings and help out whenever she can. How serious is he in caring for his son that he would have let him live with the 2 witches. And now he proclaimed to his Dad that it seems like his destiny is to be his son and Jenny's protector?! The 2 witches and him need counselling like yesterday!

The worst part about it all is that WJ says, and its affirmed by his Dad and Jenny’s Mum, that WJ thinks carefully before he makes a decision. We have seen him deep in thoughts but his decisions are all so dumb. I think even JW would not be such stupid decisions.

can't wait till YJ moved in with WJ's family!! haha ... she's gonna give Jenny & her mom some pain for sure. w00t.gif her annoying rudeness will come in handy when it comes to those two witches. any takers that WJ will find out about GH's false depression from YJ because GH might just let it slip to YJ or she overheard something on her own? not to mention the thing with JC & Jenny ... can't wait to see some catfight. phew.gif

And YJ will feel compelled to tell JS the truth. But which time, maybe JS has some feelings for YJ. The more she hangs on to her anger, the more I wonder if she really has stopped loving him.

from today's episode ... the subs again came out with the eldest son-in-law's unemployment and bum status from his wife's mouth ... so i think he is probably unemployed but gets called in for some temp replacement teaching and does nothing except hang around other lecturers/professors/students in case he got his lucky break to be a professor for real? oh ... not to mention having an affair on the side. anyway, from most of the dramas i've watched ... seemed like getting professorship in uni seems to require a lot of sucking up & bribery in cake/fruit boxes or connections of some sort.

And it’s always the most questionable character that longs to be a professor! He dresses up to hang around campus and the family is kind to him by sending him off to “work” every day!

and isn't it disturbing how both the eldest sister & that ex-cop brother can sit around & talk about her stealing JS's gift painting and selling it for money and being proud of how clever she was to have figure out the painting is real and stealing from her own sister?:crazy: i would so hate it for the eldest daughter to be the illegitimate child of WJ's dad if the story is really going in that direction ... she's already insufferable poor ... can you imagine how she would be rich? :ph34r:

Yes, agree. And somehow my estimation of JS’ Mum dropped dramatically when I see how her children behave. She hasn’t done a good job as a mother! I wonder if she tried to abort JW when he was a baby or she neglected him and he had a head injury as a baby. She seems to keep apologising to him constantly for him being the way he is. If the eldest brat is the daughter of WJ’s dad, then I think he will just kill himself. He will really think karma has come to visit him for giving him such a daughter  And why did they waste so many minutes of yesterday’s episode on the useless eldest son getting drunk and singing off-tune. Who’s interested in that?! I think I can safely say the answer is NOBODY 

Archived