[JAPAN DRAMA 2010] 月の恋人~MOON LOVERS

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest Masaya

I'm not much of a Takuya fan but I love Ryoko. I'm watching this for her as she seems to be the main gal in here. I like her character very much so far and I'm interested in how she will end up with Takuya.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good episode one.

LinChiLing is ok in scenes where she's just natural and all...but when it comes to crying and screaming scenes, emotional scenes they are just so fake. . . especially when the guy went to find her at the old factory and she was screaming and trying to hit him. hahaha. that was just 'uhh.....' moment for me.

But because she's fresh and chinese I'll vote for her to end up with the guy!

although I can kinda predict who will end up with who...

*waves* Er, you're that "tgbgbt" fella who left a comment on my blog? Kewl! :lol:

Yeah, I hope this new drama delivers. *crosses fingers*

Interesting speculation going on at the D-Addicts thread about who Kimura's character ends up with. Am hoping it's Shinohara Ryoko. *crosses fingers and toes*

im hoping she ends up with him too...i love her..the last drama that i saw her from was in Haken no Hinkaku..but seeing the first episode makes me feel like kimura is in love with the chinese actress--and he has fallen for her hard...aigoooo i really what ryoko to end up with kimura...

im hoping she ends up with him too...i love her..the last drama that i saw her from was in Haken no Hinkaku..but seeing the first episode makes me feel like kimura is in love with the chinese actress--and he has fallen for her hard...aigoooo i really what ryoko to end up with kimura...

As a big Shota and Ryoko fan I want their characters to end up together. :P Kimutaku can get whoever he wants. Just more screen time for Kazami and Maemi, pleeeeease... :lol:

All jokes aside, I liked the first episode very much. Everyone fitted their roles nicely. I can't wait to see more.

Guest susamirain

I haven't watched the first episode yet but from scanning a few posts here I can't wait to see it. I know it can't be too bad I like his hairstyle in this one. But I think I liked his neater hairstyle in "Change" best, not the curly mess he had in the beginning but the politician style.

I just watched the first episode. I can't say I like any of the characters yet, in fact, I kinda don't like them :lol: However, the idea of a Ryoko and Shota coupling is potentially great. As their characters are developed, I won't mind seeing them paired up.

Guest Ellegirl

I'm not much of a Takuya fan but I love Ryoko. I'm watching this for her as she seems to be the main gal in here. I like her character very much so far and I'm interested in how she will end up with Takuya.

Ryoko was absolutely amazing. I watched the show because I loved Kimutaku's work in Mr. Brain, but the two character's that stood out for me was Ryoko and Matsuda Shota. I hope Ryoko's character ends up with Kimutaku or Shota. It really doesn't matter. Though, if she didn't end up with anybody, it wouldn't matter to be because she seems like the type of woman who doesn't need a guy in her life. She is fiercely independent, which I love.

Guest tgbgbt

I just watched the first episode. I can't say I like any of the characters yet, in fact, I kinda don't like them However, the idea of a Ryoko and Shota coupling is potentially great. As their characters are developed, I won't mind seeing them paired up.

Yeah, me too. I don't really enjoy any of the characters. Shinohara Ryoko was very likable, and I liked Kitagawa Keiko too, but Lin Chi Ling and her scenes--it's been seen before so many times. And done before too, in a way reminiscent of T-dramas. I'm also wondering why her role as Regolith's model has to be so overtly sexual.

Kimura Takuya is rather bland while behaving rather weirdly. It's like trying to inject the cold, frigid male lead with a spark of warmth. But wait! he's supposed to be so cold! but no! a spark of kindness appears! And also a spark of quirky randomness! The little "random quiz" that's supposed to create an instant connection with anyone just because it's random--not very intriguing.

The storyline is too convoluted with three female leads. I can't even do the math! But so many different pairings are possible, and that just complicates things very much. Maybe it'll prove to be interesting.

Guest Matahari_Biru

Just finished watching this drama. I'm just curious how many episode this drama will be? Adding my two cents of who will be with TakuKimu, well, I have to say I wish him end up with Shinohara Ryoko. When they sit together at the restaurant, I can feel their chemistry. Altough I have a feeling that Shota Matsuda seems to have interest with Shinohara Ryoko too. ;)

Guest jade_frost

@ 'Masaya' : This is off-topic but I couldn't help notice the picture of Kato Masaya! *squeal*

Well, I'm like 3/4 way through ep1 and I must say I am so amazed ... and in awe. How can Kimura Takuya always get away with good ratings when he delivers that kind of bland acting that he mistakes, this time, as a portrayal of a cool, emotionally distant guy?

The episode was also rather bland and random too. None of the characters really made much of an impression and I felt that they squandered too much screen time with Rensuke and the four coins, trying to decipher its symbolism apparently in a quest to get an answer to Maemi's question. And Xiu Mei talking about it resembling the water strider's tracks when it treads on the water's surface, I believe. What in the world was all that about? So that they could talk about happiness?

I also didn't like the way Lin Chiling portrayed her emotional scenes. No subtlety. And zero chemistry with Kimura.

If it ends before the typical start of the summer season, it should not be longer than 9 episodes. Not promising. But Fuji has been on the decline in delivering quality dramas.

I hope it gets better. I watched the first episode, and Kimura seems to be sleepwalking through it. It's disappointing, because I really had high expectations - I guess because one of my favorite KT dramas is Gift. Most people don't like Gift, it's really quirky, has no romance, and is incredibly choppy, but I love it's randomness and the fact that KT plays two very different "people" in it (mysoju has it, if anyone is interested). AND, he was paired with Shinohara, and they played off one another very well. She got the best laughs. KT is rarely funny on his own; he needs other people, like Abe Hiroshi (a GREAT sidekick) to play off of.

- long-time KT fan, I've seen everything he's done (except for SMAP, their singing makes my ears bleed), so I'm thrilled to find this thread!

p.s. To the poster who is not to sure about Matsuda Shota, watch last year's comedy, Love Shuffle. He was adorable in this, dark in just a slightly bad-boy sort of way. He was really good in Bara no nai Hanaya, too - just a talented actor, really.

Guest itsmoiixp

Let's start off by saying im a HUGE HUGE fan of kimutaku<3

love him to death. and i also love most of the other casts (not so much chi ling)

but the first episode... not so good ._.

i would say sort of terrible. :mellow:

hopefully it'll get better.

Guest dadedum

thoughts on first ep -

Great to see Ryoko back in top form. Her performance is the draw in ep 1, quite enjoy her bantering with Kimura but will actually look forward to seeing how her relationship with Shota develops. Kimura is his usual self, but I need to digress a bit to talk about his purple lips, which I assume is from the smoking, which makes him look a bit creepy, which ended up being a bit distracting. Chi-ling not as bad as I expected but no where near good either, however I think it's partly due to the weak writing of her parts. I mean what's up with the sexy dance at an office opening, and the Kimura-Chi-ling grab scene at the deserted factory? I didn't understand what purpose the physical contact serves, it was such a lame plot device. Despite my grumblings, will still watch it because of Ryoko and the fast pace.

Guest infifinity

oh wow i totally can't stand Lin Chi Ling's character in the drama and her acting especially in the emotional scenes made me cringe :blink: I hope Rensuke won't end up with her in the end cuz they have no chemistry at all

Guest jade_frost

thoughts on first ep -

Great to see Ryoko back in top form. Her performance is the draw in ep 1, quite enjoy her bantering with Kimura but will actually look forward to seeing how her relationship with Shota develops. Kimura is his usual self, but I need to digress a bit to talk about his purple lips, which I assume is from the smoking, which makes him look a bit creepy, which ended up being a bit distracting. Chi-ling not as bad as I expected but no where near good either, however I think it's partly due to the weak writing of her parts. I mean what's up with the sexy dance at an office opening, and the Kimura-Chi-ling grab scene at the deserted factory? I didn't understand what purpose the physical contact serves, it was such a lame plot device. Despite my grumblings, will still watch it because of Ryoko and the fast pace.

There was no point in any of those scenes with Kimura and Chiling. I think the missed opportunity is Kimura's inability to deliver a convincing portrayal of Rensuke. I gather that Rensuke is possibly a brute, hard-nosed, manipulative, willing to do whatever it takes and perhaps emotionally distant but charming and can bend people to his will. But Rensuke as played by Kimura is just, well, another variation of some character he has acted in the past and doesn't leave any impression.

I typically enjoy such Japanese dramas because they show the careers of people in the industry that the drama is set in, even if somewhat removed from reality, but there's been little of interior design in ep1 since the episode ended with a bizzare opening ceremony. Hopefully there will be less of Chiling in ep2!

But, from the trailer it seems not. Xiu Mei, who has become the model for Regolith, goes to Japan but lives alone in a hotel and does not see much of Rensuke. She decides to search for her father who should be in Japan.

On the other hand, Rensuke decides to take part in a hotel's interior design competition and tries to task Maemi with everything. However, Maemi is not about to accept his proposition. In order to win this competition, Rensuke takes certain action ...

Guest sp4078

thoughts on first ep -

Hands down agree with you. That's is the most bizarre opening ceremony ever. Kimura and Chiling have absolutely no chemistry. The physical contact service is lame. The plot about the 4 circles are questionable. People who are just met will not be talking about happiness thinggy.

But I really love Ryoko and Shota. Don't you just love his stare. And I don't care who ends up with whom. I just hope there's less Kimura and Chiling.

Guest cystaltears

I don't think he's going to end up with anyone...the ending will probably be kimura getting on a plane and flying to somewhere afar... it's too difficult to satisfy all the viewers, so that's the best ending I guess? Where did chi ling learn her Japanese?

I gather that Rensuke is possibly a brute, hard-nosed, manipulative, willing to do whatever it takes and perhaps emotionally distant but charming and can bend people to his will.

Maybe it's just me but I think Kimura did pretty well with a somewhat similar character in "A million stars falling from the sky."

Guest jade_frost

And I don't care who ends up with whom. I just hope there's less Kimura and Chiling.

That would be difficult :lol: given that they are the male lead and second female lead.

Archived