[Drama 2010] Kim Soo Ro aka The Iron King 김수로

Guest yeuhoca

Seo Ji Hye( Hwang Ok) looks really pretty in the last episode haha. Hope to see her in more saeguk dramas in the future. I loved her in the drama I love you, and Over the Rainbow. How was Shin Don? I wanted to watch it because she was in it, but i was hesitant since i've read it was boring and draggy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Changeable

Seo Ji Hye( Hwang Ok) looks really pretty in the last episode haha. Hope to see her in more saeguk dramas in the future. I loved her in the drama I love you, and Over the Rainbow. How was Shin Don? I wanted to watch it because she was in it, but i was hesitant since i've read it was boring and draggy.

Well, "Shin Don", is lot about the politics at the Court, however, for Seo Ji Hye's part, her character is more intense and 'sorrowful'. She did a great job portraited her character. What's more likeable about that serial, is to watch the strong affection between her character and the king.

Regarding "Kim Soo Ro", I've been thinking about the ending, and it leaves me to wonder whether or not there is going to be a Part II in the future. ;-P

Well, "Shin Don", is lot about the politics at the Court, however, for Seo Ji Hye's part, her character is more intense and 'sorrowful'. She did a great job portraited her character. What's more likeable about that serial, is to watch the strong affection between her character and the king.

Regarding "Kim Soo Ro", I've been thinking about the ending, and it leaves me to wonder whether or not there is going to be a Part II in the future. ;-P

Maybe ill give Shin Don a try, though id only be watching ti because she's in it lol. Definately wouldnt mind a part II lol. The Next saeguk drama i heard will be about baekje?

Guest wndrswan

Next drama will be longer called King GEUNCHOGO which as of right now will have 70 episodes. I clearly remember seeing someones twitter about a subbing group undertaking it to.

Also a part 2 of kim soo ro is a must -_-;

-----------------------------------

Historical Kdrama Blog. Enjoy!

http://historicalkdrama.wordpress.com

Now that this drama has ended...I'm so sad!

I enjoyed the last episode...I just wish we got to see them with their 10 children... :sweatingbullets:

Anyway, last episode really felt rushed, but I expected that. I love their costumes and seeing HO and SR together makes me so happy. I was thinking on how to summarize this whole drama. With me being such a "romanticist", I love how this drama really showed the love between Soo Ro and Hwang Ok, even though it was only shown in the end. We all know that Hwang Ok love Soo Roo since she laid eyes on him from ep. 7, but Soo Ro had someone else in his heart. It was frustrating to see his love story with Ahyo knowing that his wife was going to be Hwang Ok. But in the end Soo Ro knew who his destiny was, and that was Hwang Ok. I love what Soo Ro told his donsaeng in ep. 31. He acknowledged that he can't "realize his dream without" Hwang ok, and even if he did, it was mean nothing to him (translation from KSR viikii subbing team). He knew she was the one that helped him in his quest for the Gaya Nation. When he thought she had died, he didn't want to marry anyone else. He was going to live as a bachelor the rest of his life. When Soo Ro loves, he really loves. I wish this drama was extended at least one more episode but I guess it's ok. I really really enjoyed this drama, even with the disappointments and frustrations. But with all said and done, thanks everyone who contributed to this drama, with the pictures, news, and translation. You didn't have to do it but I'm glad you did!

debbiek153, I hope you're doing ok...thanks for all your translations! and also hot_saranghae, thanks for your translations too! I believe without you both, I would have been completely lost.

I hope Jisung and Seo Ji Hye does another drama together again. They look really good together! I would definitely watch them!

Guest ct_1225_520

i doubt there will be a part II though since this one didn't do so well with the ratings... I don't know.. of course I would love to have a part II if it's still the same group of actors and actresses~!

as for the ending episode... i love all the HO and SR moments! Too bad I don't understand anything yet.. but I hope there will be some translations soon! ^^

Next drama will be longer called King GEUNCHOGO which as of right now will have 70 episodes. I clearly remember seeing someones twitter about a subbing group undertaking it to.

Also a part 2 of kim soo ro is a must -_-;

-----------------------------------

Historical Kdrama Blog. Enjoy!

http://historicalkdrama.wordpress.com

Love them saeguk dramas!

Final thoughts about this series. There were parts I loved and parts I hated. Of course, I enjoyed the last 7-8 episodes because they focused on HO and SR relationship. However, there was just too much talking in the whole series, and unnecessary scenes. Not to mention, they never showed the kiss we highly anticipated for, but they made it for it at the last 2 episodes. And also, a twin AH was completely unnecessary, she appears right after AH dies, how unrealistic of the PD to bring her back to life like that. I rate this drama as average, the first part of it is bad and the last half is good, so that evens out to average.

By any chance, is anybody actually subbing this drama in english?

Final thoughts about this series. There were parts I loved and parts I hated. Of course, I enjoyed the last 7-8 episodes because they focused on HO and SR relationship. However, there was just too much talking in the whole series, and unnecessary scenes. Not to mention, they never showed the kiss we highly anticipated for, but they made it for it at the last 2 episodes. And also, a twin AH was completely unnecessary, she appears right after AH dies, how unrealistic of the PD to bring her back to life like that. I rate this drama as average, the first part of it is bad and the last half is good, so that evens out to average.

you can watch this drama in english subs at viikii.net or at dramafever.com(up to episode 18)

Guest karios525

I believe mbc will be airing a subbed version sometime soon, so hopefully tvrips will start appearing in the near future, shame that neither WithS2 nor Viiki are continuing to sub this drama.

Guest karios525

VK was continuing to sub the drama, they just didn't let us use their subs as .srts files.

What a shame as VK doesn't work too well with aol and rainy old uk, so keeping my fingers crossed tv rips will appear eventually.....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest skcmah8

tron4u, have you looked at the first page?

Hi, Thanks for the info. I am also looking for English Subs. but there are only subs. for 11 Episodes in the first page.

Can you please tell me where I can find English Subs for the rest of the Episodes?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers.

Guest skcmah8

you can stream kim soo ro episodes on dramafever.com.  but they do not yet have all of the episodes.

Thanks texture. Apparently the video can only be streamed if you live in USA or Canada. However, I have already downloded all the episodes but could not watch them without English subtitles as I don't understand Korean.. As I mentioned in my last post I have downloded English subtitles for the first 11 episodes and need subtitles for the rest. It would be much appreciated if you or anyone reading this post can help. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Archived