Jang Keun Suk 장근석

shiro401

Video on Naver:  "Former child stars who has become star actor..."

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_2Qdnd7cHgMeXRQQ1hXaGQzYm8/view

Asia's Prince beloved Jang Keun Suk is 30 years old this year. He debuted in 1997 in a HBS family sitcom «Selling happiness».

405ad7c2f980ff1a58f196007c781b8e.jpg

But also before that Jang Keun Suk debuted already in 1993 as a children's wear catalog model. Since his drama debut he has taken on a wide variety of works.

Drama Hwang Jini was his start as a full -fledged adult actor.

Jang Keun Suk who takes on a wide variety of works, 
entertaiment, drama and so on had a successful debut in Japan, and has received a lot of love from his female fans as «Keun Chan».

cre: Naver, Eng trans: Zoe Jks(ECI)

[Knews] The reason why Jang Keun Suk no join season 2 show "Produce 101" and "My Ear's Candy"

ba1876b41b7d0b696be7fd372af36f52.jpg

Jang Keun Suk will concentrate on acting rather than appearing in variety shows before his enlistment this year. He will not join either “Produce 101” or My Ear’s Candy”.

The article doesn't say any specific time when Jang Keun Suk will join army but healthy males who were born in 1987 should join it by the end of this year. Tree J staff said on Jan 31, "Jang Keun Suk has been wondering what drama or work he will make his comeback with. He is not very keen on variety shows. Jang Keun Suk hopes to concentrate on acting before his enlistment."

cre:  http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110576130

[Article] Jang Keun Suk "I am a type of the person who wants to value my own time even when I am married."

(This is the interview in Shukan Josei (Weekly Women) January 310 2017 Issue.)

We asked Keun-chan who shines anew as a singer with sweet love songs suitable for the winter to talk about his music activities.  He also put on sale another single CD album "I wanna hold you/My Wish" on December 13th, which made him release 3 single CD albums within 5 months.  Following the single CD album "Darling Darling/Dry Kiss" which was released last August, Jang Keun Suk released "Endless Summer/Going Crazy" in September.

- Why did you choose "I wanna hold you/My Wish" as your 3rd single CD album?

Since my first and second singles ("Darling Darling/Dry Kiss"When I recorded the ballad "I wanna hold you,"we first turned down the light of the recording room to make an atmosphere and then I sang in an emotional way concentrating on its lyrics.  After trying to find "tone of the voice suitable for the winter" out of my key, I started recording the songs.  Actually there were some possible tracks, but I chose these two songs relying on my instinct of listening to them for the first time.  "Endless Summer/Going Crazy") are up-tempo, summery numbers, I had been looking for ballads suitable for the winter.

o0450030013861046313.jpg?caw=800

“My Wish" is a cute, up-tempo love song, isn't it?

I really love this song.  I asked the producer to make it one of the Double Aside title tracks (laugh).  I believe I will be able to dance like myself to this song on stages of my shows.  I'm looking forward to showing my performance. 

- The atmospheres of your songs seem to be different between these three new single CD albums and your previous works.

I tried a new style of music which is different from my former one.  Since working with Japanese staff this time, I wanted to sing songs Japanese.  I used to work with Korean staff and made a lot of songs which had strong rock feels.

It's really great that you have truly absorbed not only rock and ballad but also nightclub numbers such as Team H (a musical unit made of Jang Keun Suk and DJ Big Brother) performs and you have made your own music!  -I see !

I like all kinds of music.  I want to have all the time to try out new types of music.  Since I am confident in the music I play, it may offer an advantage for me as a singer.  I have listened to Japanese music and songs a lot since I was a junior high school student.  That's why I wanted to make tunes Japanese this time and from now I will learn more about different types of music so that I can try to play RB and hip-hop.

- Your new song is called "I wanna hold you." Can I ask you what or who you want to hold now? 

Myself!  I wanna hold myself who worked really hard in 2016 (laugh)!  I also wanna hold my eels (fans) who feel lonely and anyone who has no special plans for Christmas just like me.  I imagine a situation like this:  I have a date with my girlfriend.  She is waiting for me to come.  From straight ahead of her I will run full pelt toward her and hold her real tight. 

o0640042713861545026.jpg?caw=800

- What have you been into recently? (What have you been crazy about recently?) 

When I was in my 20's, I performed on the stages with thinking something like I could die on the spot.  But recently I've come to think that I should not die right here and now (laugh).  Therefore, to build up my physical strength I started practicing boxing which my managers recommended to me !  Even when I go abroad, I bring my own boxing glove with me and practice for about one hour and a half a day.  Boxing is aerobic exercise and effective for dieting.  You can also release your stress by boxing and feel refreshed.

- It has been 5 years since your debut as a singer in Japan. Please look back those 5 years and tell us what you think. 

I do not regret a minute of those 5 years !  I was so happy and honored to make my debut as a singer in the foreign country.  Thanks to my eels' (fans') support I could have a lot of precious experiences of performing at various venues ranging from huge concert halls to clubs with live music where I could stand very close to the audience.  I truly feel grateful to my eels.  I am so delighted that I could express myself in various ways as Team H as well as Jang Keun Suk and all those experiences are food for my life.  Of course all of those were business activities, but I really enjoyed doing them with having a lot of fun.

cre: Shukan Josei (Weekly Women) Maz

Eng trans: http://ameblo.jp/marchneko-chan/entry-12244567427.html