The Korean Underground

Guest indieROK

Guest travisd

hkana said: The other day I was watching Beautiful Concert and fell in love with this song :  Because I love you사랑하기 때문에  Originally by Yoo Jaeha 

Found a tribute series to Yoo Jaeha by a number of bands :  

They are all new to me, they're more jazzy I think?  

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest travisd

odaesan said: No Brain is somewhat well-known. Pia is well-known. TRAX definitely is not underground. TRAX was designed to take over the J-Rock fanbase.

I'm not sure how I feel about Guckkasten's greater exposure to mainstream in such a short time. I don't think that they are being appreciated for their music so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest OrionK

Hello!! Name is Orion Kim! I sing and play guitar in a rocknroll band called NoWater! We just finished recording at Admiral Studios and fixing to bring out our new EP, "Up to Speed"! Currently NoWater has a self titled album out of course called, "NoWater"! (Listen here
Although we have our moment of repeats, I like to just cut right in to it. We take short cuts and configure our songs to be innovative, active and in a sense, sugary. Above all it is straight forward RocknRoll from the 21st century. Our influences are The Jimi Hendrix Experience, hide with Spread Beaver, Nine Inch Nails, Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Psychotic reaction, Michael Jackson  
Honestly other than Super Kidd, there are not to many good Korean rock bands. Id thought since Im Korean I should post here and get some support/help from some family. Even if its just music, Id like to expand our culture with rocknroll in America.
Here are links to my projectsNoWaterhttps://www.facebook.com/NoWater
https://nowater.bandcamp.com/

Di eMTy
youtube.com/watch?v=ER9VeSpF744

Di eMTy is a interesting one. It is my solo project I created this year that steps outside of Rock and I just experiment and expand what I can play. While doing this I found out you can make songs sing its own song. Its freaky but really cool. I created 5 tracks so far but only recorded 2. Ghostn is the first of its kind and has a neat 80's vibe to it. 'Some Tsunami Sexthing' is just a bouncin instrumental. Im calling Di eMTy first generation Talking Music. Im sure once I finish all my tracks someone is going to do it better than me! =D

• 1 month later...
Guest huzkai

Arent there any HIT artist out there in Korea who have made it big on their own without working for a company ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest kushnameh_995d

Daniel Gill, you might be interested in Manixive, Panzerfist, Kratia, Avalanche, Zero-G, or Downhell,for starters :)

P.S. I've started a Korean indie rock music blog: seoulmutesick.wordpress.com  I've been updating daily, so stop by when you're bored or want to discover new cool bands! ^^

• 2 months later...
Guest EmmiKins

HEY GUYS!! THIS MISHEARD IS HILARIOUS I'M DYING XD. It really brightened up my day, I hope it brightens yours < 3

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpryz1wZDUQ

• Guest unpinned this topic

Archived