[Drama 2010] Dong Yi 동이

Guest kdramafanusa

Like this drama very very much.

The schemes and counter schemes are beautifully scripted and amazingly captured.

Spent about 7 days watching from epi 1 thru' epi 60 and never once fastforwarded the show.

The Director, scriptwriters and all the actors/actresses had done an amazing job...

The moments between JJH and HHJ is worth watching over and over again... blush.gif

Good Show!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest hummer75

Looks like everyone has left this site but I just have to leave a comment regarding this drama. Probably one of the best historical dramas that I have seen in a long time. The last two episodes did put a tear in my eyes. If the writers did portray with any accuracy at all who Dong Yi really was, then she was an exceptional woman. The love she had for her king, family and people was unbelievable.

Like all of you, once I began to watch this drama, I got hooked and could not wait to see how it would end. Now that it has ended, I feel lost because there are no great dramas currently available to fill this void.

Dong Yi died at the age of 48 at her private residence and never saw her son become king, something that she dedicated her life for. King Sukjong died 2 years later. They say that he was heartbroken over her death. Throughout this drama they both showed the love that they had for each other to the very end.

I am going to miss Dong Yi. It is not often that we are able to watch a great historical drama. I just hope that another great drama will arrive soon. Someone did mention Dae Mul. I don't know anything about it but I will research it.

Like all of you, once I began to watch this drama, I got hooked and could not wait to see how it would end. Now that it has ended, I feel lost because there are no great dramas currently available to fill this void.

If you haven't watched "King of Baker" yet, try it. I find it fascinating than Kim Soo Ro & Sungkyunkwan Scandal recent historical dramas.

Dong Yi drama was OK for me. It was entertaining especially Dong Yi & the King, they were funny. Little Dong Yi was also the little girl in The Gumiho's Revenge, she played so well.

King Geunchogo looks interesting...but I don't know yet if it will match Queen Seondeok, Jumong & Jewel in the Place which I was truly captivated & had turned me into a Korean historical drama addict.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Walkman

Im still watching Dong Yi...man the new Queen is evil makes me wonder what would have happened had the writters made Dong Yi queen instead.

Guest berrymonster

i started to watch Dong Yi but i can find link to download chinese sub? is it possible to upload to megaupload or mediafire?

Guest berrymonster

ep 59 c-sub

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RHFHM6I8

ep 60 finale c-sub

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VBTOVS02

there will be delay for the TSKS version, so uploading LoLo's one for now and I will update my blog with the TSKS version when it is released.

is it possible to u upload TSKS EP06-E08, the file not found at sendspace.

Guest toomy15

I just finished watching Dong Yi. I've been waiting for the longest time for the drama to finish first. Good thing I did, since it took me a week to watch from beginning to end. HHJ is amazing here!

I feel kinda empty now since it's over. I need something else to fill this void in me. Any good recommendations?

edit: I want to watch MBC drama awards. Is there English or Chinese subs anywhere?

Guest shy_hyo

hi, tommy15.....nice to see you.

haha....HHJ is always amazing...laugh.gif

She was so gorgeous at MBC Drama Awards, so you have to watch it...

sandixbabo has posted the link at HHJ soompi thread, well I'll repost it for you.

part 1: http://werkorean.com/drama/9333 

part 2: http://werkorean.com/drama/9347

• 5 months later...
Guest rforest

I'm currently on episode 43 right now. I have to say I love all characters, bad and good, except the King. I don't know if it's the actor or the character, but I can't stand him. The King seems so useless and clueless sometimes, but I guess that also has to do with the writing and/or his incompetent advisers. Maybe it's just how Korean Kings act but I couldn't stand the King's movements or the way he speaks and acts. But, I did find some really amazing parts between the two, funny ones too.

I was hesitant in watching this series because I didn't think HHJ could carry such a heavy historical drama, but I think she did quite well, except the scenes in which she widens her eyes and looks to her left at the end of almost every episode lmao. That was just weird.

• 2 weeks later...

What made you feel the King is so useless and clueless?

I'm currently on episode 43 right now. I have to say I love all characters, bad and good, except the King. I don't know if it's the actor or the character, but I can't stand him. The King seems so useless and clueless sometimes, but I guess that also has to do with the writing and/or his incompetent advisers. Maybe it's just how Korean Kings act but I couldn't stand the King's movements or the way he speaks and acts. But, I did find some really amazing parts between the two, funny ones too.

I was hesitant in watching this series because I didn't think HHJ could carry such a heavy historical drama, but I think she did quite well, except the scenes in which she widens her eyes and looks to her left at the end of almost every episode lmao. That was just weird.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest gogumadose

please help.... been looking for a download site for this drama but cant find any... i prefer mediafire links..  really want to watch this drama bec. my friends said its so good... thanks so much

• 3 weeks later...

please help.... been looking for a download site for this drama but cant find any... i prefer mediafire links..  really want to watch this drama bec. my friends said its so good... thanks so much

Try http://mediumquality.blogspot.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lynndan83

So I have a question. Did dong Ti have one child or two? Because I skip around. :( I know stupid but I swear she had one at the beginning of the drama when the king wanted to safe her life and said he beded her.

Guest texture

So I have a question. Did dong Ti have one child or two? Because I skip around. :( I know stupid but I swear she had one at the beginning of the drama when the king wanted to safe her life and said he beded her.

in the drama, dong yi had two kids.

Archived