[Drama 2010] Dong Yi 동이

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest handongmi

I miss this drama so much.. Dong Yi and The Princess's Man are the two korean dramas that I really really love the most.. the costumes, the characters, the plot, the actors and actresses.. woooohh! Everything was just really perfect in my opinion..
By the way, did you guys remember the scene where Dong Yi was preparing the Queen's palace for Queen Inhyeon's reinstatement??? Did anyone of you noticed the scene where the flowers that are displayed at the queen's palace were changed?.. The flowers that Lady Jang have ordered to be displayed there (while she was a queen) were replaced by queen inhyeon's favorite flowers.. for me, that small detail symbolizes the change in government.. from lady jang's ruling to queen inhyeon's. That symbolizes the change in the queen's throne.. another thing is that the color of the hanboks that they wear at the court represents the kind of character they are portraying.. lady jang wore hanboks in dark and strong colors to represent her strong character, queen inhyeon wore hanboks in light color to represent her pure, kind, calm and humble nature, while dong yi wore light colors of hanbok at first and it represents her kind character as well.. but towards the end, she wore colors that are also a bit strong in nature and it represents that she will also fight if that is what needed to keep herself and her son alive.. those small details of this drama is one of the reasons why I fell in love with it. It was just plain awesome. And after watching other dramas, still.. Dong Yi and The Princess's Man are the two dramas that remained in the top of my list.
Dong Yi and The Princess's Man forever! :x :x :x

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fuzzyone

recently i re-watch the whole series almost non-stop AGAIN, and i still love this drama...one of the BEST...like the part when DongYi is being hunted while she return to palace and meet the King while playing Haegeum....non-stop drama revealed in every episode...and LOVE the song , Wind From The End OF The Sky..

• 2 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyEwNZz8uPs id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"[ Dong Yi MV ] Beautiful Love

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Child actor Lee Hyung Suk or Lee Geum in this drama all grown up already. He signed a picture of him in this drama.10171257_306640289490440_635148367255506

This is my absolute favorite historical drama of all times. I've watched it 6 or 7 times already. I'm in the process of watching now.  I love, love, love this drama. It has such a good balance of good vs bad.  It doesn't wait until the end of the drama for the bad to receive some pay back--it's dealt out along the way.

Excellent story, cast and well directed.

lclarakl said:

This is my absolute favorite historical drama of all times. I've watched it 6 or 7 times already. I'm in the process of watching now.  I love, love, love this drama. It has such a good balance of good vs bad.  It doesn't wait until the end of the drama for the bad to receive some pay back--it's dealt out along the way.

jojoanna said: lclarakl said:

lclarakl said: Yes.  I have watched YiSan and Jewel of the Palace (Dae Jang Geum), which all had the same director. These dramas are so well directed and written. I'm waiting for the next great epic historical drama to come along.  I was hoping it would be the King's Daughter, but for me it was not to be.

lclarakl said:

• 1 year later...

Starting to re-watch Dong Yi.  What prompts this re-watch is Jang Young Sil.  Was watching JYS Ep 14 about the music Stone Harp being out-of-tune and how they need to solve that stone harp issue... i thought of similar incident in Dong Yi Ep 5... so now I am on Dong Yi Ep 06.

Anyone else re-watching Dong Yi...

• 1 year later...
On 8/31/2014 at 4:18 PM, jojoanna said:

lclarakl said: Yes.  I have watched YiSan and Jewel of the Palace (Dae Jang Geum), which all had the same director. These dramas are so well directed and written. I'm waiting for the next great epic historical drama to come along.  I was hoping it would be the King's Daughter, but for me it was not to be.

Haha--I'm rewatching this drama again. Can't get enough. I rewatched YiSan not long ago.  Another drama I really like, but it's not based on historical facts and is a tiny bit fantasy is The Moon the Embraces the Sun.  It's also a good drama--quick though.

You know a good drama when you can watch it over and over again. I have probably watched this drama about 20 times. l also think it's one of the best soundtrack I've heard.

Archived