[Drama 2010] Life is Beautiful 인생은 아름다워

Guest yeohweping

kaltae, I think everyone enjoyed youngest uncle when he called out Kyungsoo's mom on her BS ^__^

He has some pretty screwed ideas, but some of his traits are quite good... e.g. even if you don't like it he'll tell you right in the face what he thinks about you, without holding back. Even if he offends people like that, sometimes it's really refreshing to see him being the only one who tells it like it is ^^

LIB cast spotted together

The gang's been meeting again :w00t:

I always read that they're keeping close, but it's soooo nice to see actual pics of their meetings.

At SCE's musical Gwang Hwa Moon Love Song (광화문연가)

Musical.jpg

Gangatmusical.jpg

KimSoHyunTwitter.jpg

Gangatmusical2.jpg

NSMatmusical.jpg

1st pic: SCE performing

2nd pic: Lee Sang Yun /HoSub, Lee Kyeon /DongGun, Woo Hee Jin /JiHye, Nam Sang Mi /YeonJoo

3rd pic: SCE with Yun Da Hun /Little Uncle

4th pic: Lee Sang Yun and Lee Kyeon

last pic: Nam Sang Mi

and of course Lee Sang Woo supporting his boo (KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... er, sorry for the fangirling >///<)

LSWatmusical.jpg

LSWatmusical2.jpg

(inside the theater and surrounded by fangirls afterwards)

credit: DC

I found old-ish pics of the cast promoting for the same fashion brands (~end of 2010). However, I'll just pretend that it's couple outfits.

coupleoutfit2.jpg

coupleoutfit.jpg

credit: DC

Don't they look cute? LSW & SCE look great, but SCE still didn't get the memo, that his boyfriends his filming partners' clothes are too big for him XDDDDDDDD

EDIT:

Kim Soo Hyun has also been to SCE's musical according to this Twitter and happy that the LiB team's still tight ;)(Anyone translate, please?)

KimSooHyunTwitter2.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest a13xl

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shellview.htm?articleid=2011050808450142501&linkid=4&newssetid=1352

found a news article of him talking about his current drama and his old drama (LiB durrrrrr)

omg hes soooooooo chubby now..... no more fit lee sang woo :tears: no more v line on his face 2011050808450142501_084356_2.jpg

이상우는 내성적이고 부끄러움이 많은 성격이지만 한편으로는 대범하기도 하다. '인생은 아름다워'에서 동성애자 역할을 맡은 것이 그렇다. 하마터면 그저 그런 불륜남 전문 연기자가 될뻔했던 그를 새롭게 주목하게 한 역할이었다. 그는 송창의와 짝을 이뤄 안방극장에 신선한 충격을 안겨줬다.

Lee Sangwoo is introvert and shy but sometimes bold. In 'Life is Beautiful' acting as gay character shows his personality. If he hadn't taken that role, he might have become only known as buff professional actor but this role showed a different side of him. With Song Chang Eui, he shocked lots of people.

"'인생은 아름다워' 역시 쉽지 않은 사랑이겠구나 싶었지만 동성애 때문에 고민하지는 않았어요. 상대가 여자가 아닐 뿐 다르지 않다고 생각했고, 그보다는 김수현 작가님의 작품에 제가 폐를 끼치게 될까 봐 노심초사했죠. 그래서 동성애자 역을 맡기까지는 고민이 없었는데 막상 부딪혀보니 어렵긴 했어요. 상대역인 송창의 씨의 눈을 처음에는 어색해서 제대로 쳐다보지도 못했으니까요.(웃음) 하지만 금세 적응됐고, 그 작품 안 했으면 후회할 뻔했어요. 정말 많은 것을 피부로 배웠거든요. 실제 동성애자가 아니냐고 오해를 받기도 했지만 상관없어요. 저만 떳떳하면 되니까요. 그보다는 극중 동성애 분량이 좀 편집된 게 아쉬웠어요."

"Love in 'Life is Beautiful' isn't going to be an easy love but I didn't worry because it was a homosexual role. Only difference was that my partner was just not a girl, and I was more worried about messing up Kim Soo Hyun's script so I was anxious. So it wasn't the homosexual role that I worried about, but it proved to be more difficult. At first, I couldn't look at Song Chang Eui's eyes since it was so awkward. (Laugh) But I got used to it quickly, and if I didn't take that role, I would have regretted it a lot. I learned so much. I got misunderstood for actual homosexual, but it doesn't matter now. As long as I can raise my head up high. I'm quite disappointed that some of our scenes were cut."

그는 "연속극에 계속 출연해 아주머니 팬들이 많았는데, 동성애 연기를 하니 많이 떨어져 나갔다고 하더라. 하지만 반대로 젊은 팬들이 생겼다"며 웃었다.

"I had lots of ajumma fans, but after I did this drama, lots of them were no longer my fans. However, I got lots of young fans"

이상우는 앞으로 자신감을 갖고 자연스럽게 연기하는 게 목표라고 말했다.

Lee Sangwoo said his goal is to be more confident and acting naturally.

=================

Dang look at his confidence in his article/interview. If only Song Chang Eui was as bold as this. The only memory I have of Song Chang Eui now is denying, denying, and denying that he's gay. tongue2.gif But I miss them both :(

Guest mut_dua

Dang look at his confidence in his article/interview.  If only Song Chang Eui was as bold as this.  The only memory I have of Song Chang Eui now is denying, denying, and denying that he's gay.   tongue2.gif  But I miss them both :(

Agree! He's always been that confident in the articles i've read while SCE's much more reserved but that's also understandable. Thanks for the translation ;)

a13xl, waaa thank you so much <3333

I love LSW, he seems so down to earth sometimes (when he's not 4D-ish, shy or has his dorky moments XDD). I love how he doesn't give much about what people have to say about him.

It's so sad, that even the actors acknowledge how LiB had the potential to go ways that kdramaland had never gone before. But I'm sure, all fans are glad and amazed that it still broke many first's in korea and was such a superb and realistic drama.

Oh, and I got some shocking NEWS for those "misunderstanding" people:

playing gay on TV # being gay in real life

I'd tell them to get some manners, too, but I think it's a lost cause. So, don't be sad about loosing those "fans", LSW ^__^

Re:the guys openly discussing their roles.

Ugh, are we honestly going for a "who's got more courage / is more tolerant" match? Like... I dunno, do they have to become spokespersons of the LGBT community? I believe that what both actors dared to do was amazing and I'm so glad that they had great chemistry together. I loved every interview they gave, however open or not they were about discussing the topic of homosexuality (... never forget the certifiably crazies and their ad in one of the biggest korean newspapers /thx again Chosun Ilbo, good job)

And did you guys forget SCE's big shout-out to "my Kyungsoo" at the year-end SBS drama awards in front of the whole nation :w00t:

He has also mentioned and is still mentioning Lee Sang Woo in TV interviews when asked about his role as Taesub & the drama - months after LIB finished ^^

for example:

22-12-2010 MBC Inside Story: Song Chang Ui (check video 01:30-02:50)

28-03-2011 MBN Power Interview: Song Chang Ui (check video 09:00-12:45)

06-04-2011 TV CultTwoShow: Song Chang Ui & Ri Sa (check video 2:20-3:00 and video 3:00-4:00) btw. one of the MCs is one of LSW's best friends^^

Daddy Taesub XD

papaTS.jpg

credit: baidu, no idea when or where this pic was taken but look at his wedding ring omg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really miss this show :[

me too.... it's unbelievable how much I miss it sometimes >_<

kaltae, thank you very much for the info. Yay, so happy for Lee Sang Yoon and Nam Sang Mi ^_^

It's nice that he's taking a break to further his studies. He graduated in physics from of the most elite universities of Korea, The Seoul University, good luck to him in his academic career!

News:

Song Chang Ui is dating musical singer Lisa

Nam Gyu-ri visits Jeju-do with family

plus: Kim Soo-hyun has recently started working on a new script, yay

LiB DVD news:

no info, yet. Taiwan is going to release a cut down set, I think.

Also, I don't know if there will be any extras added.

I don't think we'll get korean DVDs (I've given up hope T__T). Only if Japan wants them, but LiB was already aired on japanese TV, and I haven't found any info about possible box-sets, yet.

I'll keep watching out!

Music:

Tenor Lee Jung Hyun singing LiB soundtrack

Moon BoRa singing the ending theme "Make Love Day"

Video:

Life is Beautiful NG Cut (slightly damaged video, but some very funny scenes ^^)

Every ending-fall of LiB

Lee Sang Yoon and Nam Sang Mi in news after some LiB cast went together to Philippines (spot Lee Sang Woo around 2:14 XD)

Lee Sang Yoon & Nam Sang Mi . and . SCU & Lisa dating news

Guest mut_dua

plus: Kim Soo-hyun has recently started working on a new script, yay

aw i cannot wait to watch that. I've been hunting down her 'mom's dead upset' drama but couldnt find it available for streaming online : \

• 2 weeks later...

mut_dua, if I come across episodes of "Mom's dead upset", I'll pm you ^__^

DVD news

Life is Beautiful DVD in mandarin / korean:

DVD.jpg

a mandarin / korean LiB DVD boxset was just released (see picture), you can buy it here:

http://www.myvideo.com.tw/

http://tw.page.mall.yahoo.com/item/p02293649773

product details:

price: 1980元 (retail)

1780元 (online) (元 = yuan, I have no idea about the currency)

Format: boxset, color, DVD (DVD-5)

Film Classification: Protection level (?)

Language: Mandarin / Korean switchable

Subtitle options: Traditional Chinese

Number of discs: 12 DVD / full set of 63 ep

Run time: 60 minutes per ep

Screen ratio: 4:3

Region / Video Code: Region 3

credit: 姿霖, jay7650986, glassesshead (thank you very much ♥)

source: SWW

anyone who knows mandarin here? we could use help re: price, extras, etc.

also: the mandarin TV broadcast cut some LiB scenes out, does that mean they're missing in the boxset, too O_O

FOR ENGLISH / KOREAN / JAPANESE DVD: There has been no DVD news, we need to wait a little bit longer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest delightful

wow! this is a freaking awesome story! why did it have to end? why not make this an ongoing series? :(

anyway, sorry that i'm tuning in late. but i have a question, hopefully someone can answer for me.

what did tae sub say to kyung soo after ho sub's wedding? they were in the apartment and kyung soo had just poured two glasses of wine. tae sub leaned in and whispered something that made kyung soo... well in my opinion, he was shocked/delighted/thehappiestmanonearth! hopefully someone can read lips, please help me out. it was such a sweet moment that i nearly teared my sheets apart when i saw that they were no where in sight after that scene, the wine glasses were left there and their couple rings on top of each other. hehehe wow, my imagination. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason, I was feeling sick today, and decided to curl up in a blanket to revisit this drama.

Randomly, I watched Episode 34 and it utterly touched my heart.

The simple way that the second uncle asks the basic questions in our lives was very touching. His self-hate, his self-doubt despite being such a cocky character was touching. The fact that he calls himself a loser and just wants to be successful, just for once, like his older brothers.

It brought tears to my eyes.

Honestly, looking back, I think there were many of these types of moments in this drama. Many of them with second uncle too. I think most of us wrote him off as a brash person, a writer's device to make the fairytale land of the family seem more realistic. The outspoken, judgemental man that can cause some fun trouble in the drama.

But, he had many subtle, understated moments in the drama despite being such a guys-guy type of character.

I think I'm going to come back and revist a couple of more episodes soon. It's been a long time, but if anyone checks this forum in the meantime, I'm wondering about your thoughts too.

Were there storylines in the drama that you didnt really pay attention to before that you're liking now?

For example, I think there was one really really small part in the drama where we see ChoRang break up with someone over the phone for insulting her family. I thought she was really realistic, for a college girl in her early 20s. I know people thought she was annoying during the original run, but I'm beginning to find her character endearing.

I finally finished this drama, nothing more to add than a lot that has already been said on here. Unfortunately, I couldn't spazz with every one, cause I watched at a later date. Loved the simple story of an every day family. No backstabbing, no evil second leads or evil mothers, just nice decent and honest people. What a change of pace drama. Reminds me a lot of Family Honor, another favorite drama of mine. So although, it took a while, I bid adeiu to Life is Beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...

DVD news II

the 1st LiB DVD Box in Japan released!

jk01Img.jpg

Life is Beautiful (美しく人生)

DVD Box I

Code: PCBE-63091

Number of disks: 6 disks

Run Time: 744 minutes

Format: DOLBY DIGITAL, widescreen, 16:9

Language: original korean

Subtitles: japanese

Price: 17.640 Yen (ca. 230 $ or 168 €)

buy here: http://utsukushiki.siteinfo.jp/index.html

promo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmdBkRo5EQE

• 3 months later...

I have watched it 6 times and I still can't get enough..great story, wonderful landscape and lovely couple I certainly hope it will have a second season? We want another season. i really hope they will make a second season wub.gif

• 4 months later...
Guest lili101

Very good drama.

I have watched it 2 times!!

My fav couple is Kyung Soo/Tae Sub.

Chang Ui and Sang Woo play very well!

• 2 months later...
Guest Colorless11

A very good and touching drama. Just finished this drama last week :) 
Love the family!! Especially KS/TS couple :D

Archived