Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤 | [Movie 2023 "When Our Love Remains As Scent"]

partyon

this portion of bts was in the special talk show ep. even by the moonlight, YSY’s absorption in reading the scripts doesnt stop. Lol. JSW was teasing him saying, ‘can you even see the words?’ :lol: ‘Do we have script lines in this scene later?’ ‘Even in the moonlight he never stop looking at the script!’

:lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, blackberrypie said:

Hide contents

I feel like there’s so much i wana say but cant.. out of fear of offending ppl’s sensibilities... haha.. It feels like so much tension in the other thread, with the fans of 3 lead actors/actress in a standoff.. barely calling truce..

personally, i do like JSW’s acting, but not his fans that much. However, i do sort of understand his fans, some were really disappointed that he is not 1st lead. I supposed if i were in the same position where YSY is not first lead, i might feel the same.. but what i didnt like is them trying to discredit YSY’s lead character position... first about Hwi having a fiance, then bringing up how the story is based on real history, so Hwi should die in the end like in history where Anpyeong died, being sour the story is not following history where Suyang daegun becomes King Sejo and basically the ultimate winner in the sibling rivalry. Needless to say, my initial analysis that Seol Hwa is NOT Hwi’s fiance when he met Jahyun is on the spot isnt it? And my initial analysis about Hwi being the first lead had been right from the start, at a time when everyone was thinking Hwi is second. ^_^ so trust me when i say the writer renames all the characters for a reason. If she truly wana depict history, there would be no need to rename all the characters.. just have Hwi as Anpyeong instead of Eunsung, and Kang as Suyang instead of Jinyang, why not? It’ll make it more impactful no? Why go ahead and changed all their names just to tell their story? Im not saying i know the ending... im just saying it wont be restricted by history, so up to the writer what she wants to portray since Hwi and Kang’s ending is not remiscence of Suyang and Anpyeong. What will be more impactful an ending? Lol. I think JH should die a brave death by protecting Hwi from Kang, and Kang died after realising all his errors, maybe he tried to kill Daebi his mother, and the last moment when before Daebi died, she told Kang her real feelings which made Kang regretful of all he has done. Hwi becomes king regent, and later on pass the throne to his little nephew when he is old enough. It will be weird to have evil win over good.. though i wouldnt put it as impossible, if Kang realises his errors in the end and become a good King... likely ending as well, though it may not be a popular ending.

On the other end, there is JSY who i am not particularly impress with as an actress, but her fans seems nice enough. Nicer than JSW’s fans at least. :lol: so im vary of hurting them if i say i dont like JSY’s acting much, or that she is lacking in anyway. Ahh.. dilemma.. in all honesty, i cringe at the scene in the 1st ep when JH ran into Hwi’s arms. YSY’s facial expression was perfectly tuned to the emotion of that moment. But JH.. err.. i cant make up whether she is confused, or happy or relieved or sad.. and the tears.. Shouldnt she be crying with relieve? But she only have one teardrop for that epic reunion? Her expressions are just so toned down that whenever the scene flips from Hwi to JH, i lost the emotional momentum. And it keeps flipping back and forth depending on who is on screen.. ahh.. what a waste. I wish it had been better.. 

In any case, i find there is no point for us to publicly criticise any one of the actors.. only if all actors do their part will the drama gets better ratings. No point pitting them against each other, comparing them against each other just to bring another person down, cos that’ll also bring down the whole drama as well. Im still witholding judgement atm, its only been 2 eps.. not a fan of the romance part so far though.. but im intrigue by the brothers relationship and conflict. Glad it got higher ratings in its 2nd ep, and hope it will continue to do better so that YSY can be more recognised! 

@87yua . err.. that is a blog post and its pretty long to translate all.. haha. It’s just recapping the first ep of Daegun so i dont think there’s much info there that you cant find by watching the drama. :) 

Thank you! :)

43 minutes ago, 87yua . said:

Not jumong? Haha.. sorry i dont understand what you mean highest historical rating of a drama.

hahaha . 2018 I think there is an article says that it was the highest rating historical drama Right now. haha

1 hour ago, 87yua . said:

Soompi and koreaboo didnt release any article about it... hmmm what do you think? I Heard its trending in korea, is that true? 

i think the same... :huh:

Spoiler

this scene is so beautiful...now i know why he got high rating in drama 'Kim Tak Goo'...he really suit melodrama

• Like 2

@blackberrypie. I totally understand why you choose to remain among friends here :D when it comes to your honest opinions about other characters and supposed interpretations of original articles.  I enjoy your insights.  But yes I am on the indifferent to the love story so far bandwagon I am afraid...having said that the acting of the male leads is enough to sustain my interest to the end, whatever that may be.  I am warming up to RooSiGae more than I have JH thus far...and she had maybe maximum 10 words to say or something?  I wanna know her backstory which I feel will come across at some stage later on I hope.

• Like 1

@blackberrypie i feel you...we do have the same sentiments...but for the sake of yoon shi yoon and his drama i will not say anything that will offend people for i dont want to jinx it and i can tell that the story is running smoothly...il stay just in this forum and cheer for siyoon here.

• Like 2

@pjypjy abt the clip you shared in spoiler tag... actually, if watching without understanding whats said, its understandable to think so i guess.. but just to clarify, actually the production team was ‘interviewing’ YSY, askin him if he is usually nice to Jahyun. YSY replied, he do something impressive for her everyday. So the narrator said, to verify the fact, they went to seek out JSY. And YSY quickly ran over with a chair for JSY. JSY laughingly said, thanks to the ‘making’ she gets to sit down for a change. JSY further tried to said more, but YSY distracts her by changing the topic, saying how nice her hair accessory is, is it from Ming dynasty, it looks good on her.. basically effectively cutting her from saying anything to the ‘making camera’. Thus, JSY throw him a ‘glance’. The subtitle wrote that it seems kinda awkward, and the impressive things he said he do for her everyday is likely just in his mind.. and the narrator conclude by saying, Siyoon-ssi, lets get along well. :lol:

I think his actions is just like his actions with SaeRon in MOTW making, as well as in TBH making with LSY. Not that he doesnt treat them well. Haha. I think he does, but he is more immersed in acting than treating them any specially, or giving them any special attention on the set. Even Dong Hyun Bae commented in one of TBH bts that YSY and LSY should act as they normally are, and not specially better in front of ‘making camera’. :lol: Based on that, i dont see anything special to ship them about. He is just acting as he normally were with any other actress. 

Edit: oops.. the instg was removd?  Haha. Anyway, here’s the ig for those who still wana know the bts..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pjypjy said:

haha..i deleted it cuz i think many don't like her here ( i mean her acting)...for me i prefer ryu hwa young...but her fans really nice that why i ship them :D

Whilst I am not on the YSY-JSY ship I cannot say that I would want him to abandon her for someone else because it would be going against Hwi's upright moral character portrayed thus far...hence I am indifferent if that makes sense...but you are quite entitled to have your opinion :D. I just want the show to succeed for YSY's sake regardless.  I feel like this drama could very well be the one that helps him shed the Kim Tak Gu skin (YSY the boy) to become Grand Prince Eun Sung (YSY the man).  I hope so.  As an aside I had to brush up on Google with the various official names given to the different characters...I was getting confused as to who ranked where and how they were all related, now that I have I have a better understanding of all the power struggles and why one character can have different names...like Lee Hwi and Eun Sung...I hope I can settle back and enjoy it :)

• Like 2

@nrllee i don't mean like that, i like all the casts haha and i agree with you :D

Just now, nrllee said:

I feel like this drama could very well be the one that helps him shed the Kim Tak Gu skin (YSY the boy) to become Grand Prince Eun Sung (YSY the man).  I hope so.  As an aside I had to brush up on Google with the various official names given to the different characters...I was getting confused as to who ranked where and how they were all related, now that I have I have a better understanding of all the power struggles and why one character can have different names...like Lee Hwi and Eun Sung...I hope I can settle back and enjoy it :)

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, 87yua . said:

Why is it all of their bts and interviews have no eng sub... I really dont know what they are talking about.. Grrr.. heheh! Just like the last video posted by @kss on instagram.. hahaha

The IG poster is not the same person as the one you tagged (in blue), better removed it.. haha. The recent bts posted on IG are from the special talk show ep. i’ve been looking for whole ep to rewatch but cant find it. And tvchosun also didnt replay the special talk show. If there are parts you are interested in, you can post them here. I’ll translate what i can.

• Like 1

On the new episode of 1n2d donggu seems quiet...ive noticed that everytime he is doing a drama he tends to be a little serious and quiet during 1n2d ep. ..although he still give his best but you can feel that slight difference...maybe he is too tired and he worries a lot...that is why i think he shouldnt leave 1n2d for i think that is the only show the can help him let go of his worries and just be himself...his personality is introverted -extroverted...he is friendly and sociable but at the same time he values silence and "alone" time...i just love how they care for each other a lot especially how he take care of his hyungs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sophielleann said:

On the new episode of 1n2d donggu seems quiet...ive noticed that everytime he is doing a drama he tends to be a little serious and quiet during 1n2d ep. ..although he still give his best but you can feel that slight difference...maybe he is too tired and he worries a lot...that is why i think he shouldnt leave 1n2d for i think that is the only show the can help him let go of his worries and just be himself...his personality is introverted -extroverted...he is friendly and sociable but at the same time he values silence and "alone" time...i just love how they care for each other a lot especially how he take care of his hyungs.

I dont think he was quiet at all. It was just that the editing did not focus on him as much. During JY & JM’s snow fight, he was holding their jackets, hum the ‘love story’ bgm, and you can also hear his voice contributing his comments and laughter even though he isnt on the screen. When Defconn & JY offered snacks to Junho & JM, DG was also offering snack to TH. DG was also with Junho & JM when they were teasing Defconn about looking like a bear/animal in his tent. In the turbo ride, DG was squealing excitedly. He also massaged the members who complained of body aches during their break time in the room. When playing the 5 games, he read all the instructions and contributed alot too. I dont think he was quiet at all, its just the editing which made it seems so. You can catch his comment if you can distinguish their voices. But if you rely on subtitles only and cant distinguish their voices, its likely easy to miss his contribution and presence. 

• Like 2