Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤 | [Movie 2023 "When Our Love Remains As Scent"]

partyon

@rachel I like his watch too. :P I think this man would look good even in a sack of potatoes. :D

@eniya @jerebtang @Yoonies, I like the story of PM&I and find the OTP endearing. Epi 12 and 13 spoilers here:

My fav episodes were 12 and 13 as I feel they finally addressed the "white elephant in the room" (the age gap) with grace and finesse, and it seems like they are finally headed to happily ever after.

:)

My only issue is not (surprisingly even for me!) YSY's scarce appearances, as he makes up for quantity with quality. ;) My issue is that KIH, being such a beautifully messed up character and filled with such intense emotions, does not have enough room to expand. The drama just has not been able to play along with him, and feels to me as if it's constraining him.

The truth is that to me, PM&I feels safe, nice, and pretty like a strawberry ice cream cup, but In Ho's dramatic intensity demands for a different pace, a space to grow and fight his battles, and a more responsive set of characters who can match his wattage, in my opinion.

Even the "evil" brother in law feels flat... No, all of them feel just too safe and somewhat predictable... Seeing KIH is like seeing a powerful hero from a Greek tragedy inserted in a Christmas nativity scene, LOL. There is no real tension, and even if the enemy "lies within" in his case, the battle has not been evident or clear enough to me.

So, in short- I have enjoyed the drama, but feel that it just was not the right narrative space for a character like KIH to develop. Even if YSY is doing such a great job at embodying him.

@jerebtang I'm so sorry dear, I should've put my comment about those two episodes in spoiler tabs! (just fixed that) I hope I didn't spoil it too much for you... (And I don't mean it sarcastically, hehe)

I agree with your post @coastalbreeze
I think Mr. Kang would have worked better in a melodramatic story, somehow I feel the writer changed a bit his character, I mean in the first episodes he really seemed sinister, his gaze gave goosebumps, but later they even don't let him start his revenge. But of course, since it's a light rom-com a complicated character like In Ho never had the chance to show his grandeur. But I'm not saying YSY made a bad decision, I think this role is what he wanted, that's why he's doing a great job and he's enjoying too, and the viewers can see it.
Talking about the drama, I enjoyed the first episodes, but right know I'm a bit bored with the OTP, I'm paying more attention to Mr. Kang and sec. Seo (she's really pretty!). I hope next eps will be better!

@rachel (ita)

I know, as adorable as the OTP is, they are so perfect they have become a tad boring... :P

So are you a Kang-Seo shipper now? - She is really pretty (and long suffering!) and deserves to be kissed YSY style. ;)

Hey, Yoonies?

What kind of project would you like to see YSY next or after he comes back from the army?

Personally, I would like him to do more films. My favorite genre is independent cinema, but I know that it's action movies and rom coms that generate more money; still, I'd love to see him try unconventional roles. :)

@rachel

I have come to like the actress a lot through her role as Sec. Seo. I had seen her in "Coffee Prince" and thought she was pretty, but here, she kicks so much *bleep*, that she could easily play Wonder Woman in her next project. She is fierce!

I personally would like to see him in a heartbreaking melodrama, a deep one. Seeing his tears make me want it. 
...I also would like to see him as a psychopath.... >:)

@coastalbreeze

It's strange I don't remember her in that drama, well I don't have a really good memory. I tried to watch her last drama but I couldn't with the story

:( I only can say she looked stunning in the posters, hahaha I think I'm having a little crush here! 

@rachel

Can it be both? A melodrama with a psychopath? :D

The only drama with both genres that I can think of is "I can hear your voice". Ohhh the bad guy was despicable there.

So what kind of movie or series would it be? Would he be 100% evil?

Somehow it can't imagine him being completely bad, unless they write the character as a "monster who can't help himself and is a victim of a bad scientific experiment" or something like that! Just no vampires, please!!! So tired of that genre. :))

You're right in having a girl crush! Secretary Seo is gorgeous. And fierce, which is even better! AND with a sense of humor, judging by the PMI press conf interview.

:) I wouldn't be surprised if all the gentlemen in the series, including Yoonie, end up with a bad case of wry neck trying to steal glances of her!

Maybe the writers will get really creative for these last 4 episodes and create a torrid romance between Mr. Kang and Ms. Seo! (Coincidentally, those were the last names of the OTP in "Nice Guy"! Lol)

It would be a really sexy secretary romance. :> and no, I'm not "kyaaing" here, whatever that word means.

@coastalbreeze
I think the bad guy in "I can hear your voice" was my fav character! he was so evil, that I loved him (ofc the actor helped doing an awesome work)! hahaha I imagined In Ho would be like that, taking his revenge until the end, even if he wouldn't have a happy ending. 
I can't think of a movie where the lead is 100% bad, but I would like to see something like that. Maybe an innovative writer can make my wish come true, lol.

They both deserve a happy ending, since they have been suffering a lot, they deserve something good

:D 

@rachel

I think I know now what you mean... Yoon Shi Yoon in a role like the guy in "Memento", or even Lee Dae Gil in "Chuno"? A guy doing bad things because of love?

Or someone really evil like the killer in "Se7en" or even the baddie in IHYV? Ohhhh.... Scary but good. It would be a memorable role for sure.

Although bad actions for the sake of evil are not as interesting to me as when they are driven by a deep passion... And we all know that's one of Yoonie's fortes, passionate characters! :-)

But wait... Wasn't this supposed to be Kang In Ho? :-/

That's supposed to be Mr. Kang, but something went wrong :( and we couldn't see all his passion :'(
Anyway, let's see the positive side, we could enjoy YSY wearing suits, we could see the most beautiful eyebrows in the world and a nice jaw line, and don't forget some funny faces.

sec2_zps6feddbff.png

Oh yes, I had to post this! =))

@jerebtang and all Yoonies (lurking and de-lurked): have a wonderful day/ night filled with Yoonie-inspired thoughts and FUN!!!  >:D<

That super positive post that @rachel posted above deserves we celebrate this page by adding some decoration...

Look below! Even Yoonie agrees that life is too short and we should have fun....

IMG_3955_zps19945bf3.png
"...Don't you think...?"

I am so happy to watch prime minister and I but I hope in YSY next project, more faces of him!! Lol. I know he is not the lead here but I am really carried away by YSY's acting... As though it is in reality... He was crying and I was crying also... Wahhh!!! He is really good! Hopefully he still can have a drama or movie before going into military... I'm sure that people will anticipate his comeback from military! :) have a great days ahed! :)