Choi Daniel 최다니엘 チェダニエル |♥| [Drama 2023] Mask Girl, 마스크걸 - Available on Netflix

gm4queen

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Sejeong, Nam Yoon Su, And Choi Daniel On What To Look Forward To In Tonight’s Premiere Of “Today’s Webtoon”

The stars of SBS’s upcoming drama “Today’s Webtoon” have shared their thoughts ahead of tonight’s premiere!

A Korean remake of the popular 2016 Japanese series “Sleepeeer Hit!”, “Today’s Webtoon” is a new SBS drama set against the backdrop of South Korea’s competitive webtoon industry. Kim Sejeong will star as On Ma Eum, a former judo athlete who joins a webtoon editorial department as a new employee and struggles to mature into a true editor.

Choi Daniel will play Seok Ji Hyung, a deputy editor who becomes On Ma Eum’s mentor at work. The actor mused that the drama had made him think a lot about the question, “What exactly is the responsibility of an adult?”

Describing their characters’ relationship, Kim Sejeong commented, “In the drama, Seok Ji Hyung is like a pair of glasses that shows Ma Eum how she needs to look at the world.”

Meanwhile, Choi Daniel noted, “Because the drama is overall very upbeat and cheerful, I think you’ll be able to watch it lightheartedly. Within that journey, there are many great lines that make you think and reflect on the weight of life and responsibility. I hope you will spend a warm time together with our story, which will engrave itself in your heart.”

Choi-Daniel-3-1-768x512.jpg

“Today’s Webtoon” premieres on July 29 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Kim Sejeong, Nam Yoon Su, And Choi Daniel On What To Look Forward To In Tonight’s Premiere Of “Today’s Webtoon” | Soompi

Edited by gm4queen
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Kim Sejeong Lights Up The Set Of “Today’s Webtoon” In Behind-The-Scenes Video

The clip shows Kim Sejeong walking into the company through a revolving door. “It’s my first day at work. It doesn’t feel real yet.” Coincidentally, Kim Sejeong is filming the interview scenes on her first day of filming. She remarks, “I’m very nervous. I’ll be filming with the same nervousness [as On Ma Eum], but I will try to enjoy it.”

In the next clip, Choi Daniel introduces himself and his role as Seok Ji Hyung who is a deputy editor and also a good mentor for On Ma Eum. “We’re filming for the first time today. Even though I couldn’t sleep well because I was nervous, I’m enjoying filming together with Park Ho San as well as the director and staff.”

vlcsnap-2022-07-29-11h38m10s347-800x450.

As an actress who naturally lightens up the atmosphere on set, Kim Sejeong tries to ease the other actors with her bright and pleasant energy during the interviews.

Watch the full making-of video here!

[메이킹] 김세정X최다니엘X남윤수 갓벽한 케미 포착! 첫 촬영부터 찢었다 #오늘의웹툰 #SBSCatch - YouTube

“Today’s Webtoon” premieres on July 29 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/27/2022 at 10:05 PM, L Leung said:

- the group was discussing one of K- drama clichés, angry driver taking u-turn with his car, Daniel says he has filmed such a scene before, can't understand the emotions as he just drives with one hand one wheel and the other holding his chin

The u-turn is in Webtoon :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

• gm4queen changed the title to Choi Daniel 최다니엘 チェダニエル |♥| [Current Drama 2022] Today's Webtoon, 오늘의 웹툰 - Fri & Sat @ 2200KST / [Upcoming Drama 2022] Fly High, Butterfly 날아올라라 나비 / [Upcoming Drama 2023] Mask Girl, 마스크걸

Here is the ratings for Episode 1! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Big Mouth” And “Today’s Webtoon” Kick Off Fierce Ratings Battle

Meanwhile, SBS’s new drama “Today’s Webtoon“—which stars Kim Sejeong and airs in the same time slot as “Big Mouth”—scored an average nationwide rating of 4.1 percent for its own premiere.

“Today’s Webtoon” also made a promising start among viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 1.8 percent.

“Big Mouth” And “Today’s Webtoon” Kick Off Fierce Ratings Battle | Soompi

• Like 2

Hey @L Leung and @Combsmania ladies,

Have you watched episode 5 and 6 of Fly High, Butterfly already?? Just sharing my favorite scenes! :)

This is my most favorite scene! He pretends to be arrogant outside.... But he is seeking love and care inside.... :heart:

FY5B8uOUsAEblRG?format=jpg&name=900x900

These stills are... How can a man be this romantic?? His eyes say it all. My heart fluttered seeing him like this! We feel you, boy! Such a charismatic actor! :heart:

FY5B8uDUIAAoaQM?format=jpg&name=900x900

FY5B8tlVsAI0LjI?format=jpg&name=900x900

Please feel free to share your thoughts, ladies!

Can't wait for next episodes! Love is in the air... :heart:

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

SBS’s new drama “Today’s Webtoon,” which airs in the same time slot as “Big Mouth,” also dipped to an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent for its own second episode.

“Alchemy Of Souls” Achieves Its Highest Saturday Ratings Yet + “Big Mouth” Remains No. 1 In Time Slot For 2nd Episode | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I've been longing to see Daniel in a new drama for years! Finally, the time has come! :)

Sharing some screenshots of him in episode 1 and 2 of Today's Webtoon. Tagging @L Leung @Combsmania @Pyar @backstreetboysfan @larus @confusedheart and other ladies in!

I am so surprised to see that he looks so handsome and much younger than in Fly High, Butterfly! May be because of his hair style?? :heart: Just a dreamy guy! :lol:

FY-YvMQUcAAWzvs?format=jpg&name=large

Please feel free to share your thoughts, ladies! :lol:

Can't wait for next episodes just to watch this handsome man on my monitor screen! :heart4:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 7/30/2022 at 11:07 AM, gm4queen said:

Hey @L Leung and @Combsmania ladies,

Have you watched episode 5 and 6 of Fly High, Butterfly already?? Just sharing my favorite scenes! :)

This is my most favorite scene! He pretends to be arrogant outside.... But he is seeking love and care inside.... :heart:

These stills are... How can a man be this romantic?? His eyes say it all. My heart fluttered seeing him like this! We feel you, boy! Such a charismatic actor! :heart:

Please feel free to share your thoughts, ladies!

Can't wait for next episodes! Love is in the air... :heart:

This scene is more hilarious than romantic.

If Gwang Soo isn't tall and handsome, he'd often be punched in the face, as his honesty can easily be misconstrued as rude or callous. 

In your favorite scene, he hurt his back and called Jen to stick pain- relieving patch for him. (Jen saved his phone number as Poop Gwang Soo on her phone:joy:).

There are hints of their friendship when he called Jen to help (showing much vulnerability and dependence), Jen rushing to his rescue on their precious day off, Jen saying he should work out instead of taking health supplements.  

Gwang Soo kept teasing Jen for wearing sunglasses and eye make-up at night. They got close on the sofa when Jen was trying to get back her sunglasses. Then teased Jen to get off as she's heavy, then she playfully bumped on his legs (carefully edited, probably considering Daniel's knee injury)

In this scene and the one Gwang Soo was driving Jen home, there are hints of  their time in beauty school ("when Jen was without make-up"). I think they were closer when they were students at beauty school. Something may have came up to drive them apart then, thus Gwang Soo opted out of Michelle's partnership when Jen joined. Then they are keeping the same distance now to be safe.

I like their friendship. There seems to be a lot of trust and subtle support for each other, especially Jen, who sacrificed her income for Gwang Soo's well-being, as she confronted his ex that he's upset if she's around.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, L Leung said:

This scene is more hilarious than romantic.

If Gwang Soo isn't tall and handsome, he'd often be punched in the face, as his honesty can easily be misconstrued as rude or callous. 

In your favorite scene, he hurt his back and called Jen to stick pain- relieving patch for him. (Jen saved his phone number as Poop Gwang Soo on her phone:joy:).

There are hints of their friendship when he called Jen to help (showing much vulnerability and dependence), Jen rushing to his rescue on their precious day off, Jen saying he should work out instead of taking health supplements.  

Gwang Soo kept teasing Jen for wearing sunglasses and eye make-up at night. They got close on the sofa when Jen was trying to get back her sunglasses. Then teased Jen to get off as she's heavy, then she playfully bumped on his legs (carefully edited, probably considering Daniel's knee injury)

In this scene and the one Gwang Soo was driving Jen home, there are hints of  their time in beauty school ("when Jen was without make-up"). I think they were closer when they were students at beauty school. Something may have came up to drive them apart then, thus Gwang Soo opted out of Michelle's partnership when Jen joined. Then they are keeping the same distance now to be safe.

I like their friendship. There seems to be a lot of trust and subtle support for each other, especially Jen, who sacrificed her income for Gwang Soo's well-being, as she confronted his ex that he's upset if she's around.

WOW!!! :scream: Thanks a lot for the detailed translation. I think I've got answers to all my doubts... You are a perfect fan of Daniel! So glad you are here! :lol:

Yes, I also love their friendship. That's why I am being so excited to watch the next episode! May be we'd have some flashbacks of Kwang Soo and Jen at the beauty school in later episodes. What happened that they drove apart? And I remember that Kwang Soo clearly said that he doesn't know Jen when he joined Michelle's partnership. Then why did he lie?? Guess Jen has feelings for our guy! :heart: I am super excited for next 2 episodes. Something big might happen by 8th episode, as per K-Drama rules! If you know what I mean! :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1