Show Off Your Keitai's Thread!

kerpao

Guest o1honey

My goodness. So I went back to Sin Tat to get the sh01b after thinking about it and even though all the stores say they have it none of them actually had it in stock! o1honey, do they actually have the 9020c? I asked about that too and the stores did a bunch of phone calls and they didn't have it either! Now I'm stuck without any phone ideas since Sin Tat might not even have them now.

Does anyone here sell any fully unlocked keitais? I'm willing to buy the 9020c online since Sin Tat isn't offering any help.

oh they don't sell them =\

I saw a few stores that had them, but that was almost a month ago. This one store told me how the sh9020c is old model which sharp doesn't make anymore and it's hard to find a new one and mostly used sh9020c are for sale now... idk if he was BSing or not... but i did notice a lot of stores selling second hand sh9020c >.<

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IonNuke

My goodness. So I went back to Sin Tat to get the sh01b after thinking about it and even though all the stores say they have it none of them actually had it in stock! o1honey, do they actually have the 9020c? I asked about that too and the stores did a bunch of phone calls and they didn't have it either! Now I'm stuck without any phone ideas since Sin Tat might not even have them now.

Does anyone here sell any fully unlocked keitais? I'm willing to buy the 9020c online since Sin Tat isn't offering any help.

Or you can settle with the WX-T923. That's pretty much the 9020c but with 3G (similar to 0902C but without goofy orange buttons). I thought I saw the T923 on howardforums in the BST section (not sure... was just browsing really fast). You might wanna check that out.

Guest emui

I found it odd too. Like they had the models etc. but when I went to actually purchase it they didn't have any behind or like none in stock. They called all throughout the mall and they made calls throughout HK for the sh01b and nowhere actually had it. It was really weird. I'm leaning towards the N-08A now since it's sold at canadajphones.

Does anyone know where I can buy a USB cable for my DoCoMo P906i, or the CD? I saw two on ebay for like $20, but wondering if there's any other places I find the cables? Or, if any of you guys got them when you bought your phones. I'm mostly curious if you guys have them, is it worth buying, otherwise I'm having a really hard time getting music or ringtones on my phone. I've been using the Hardwarezone tutorials, and I can't seem to get them to work.. ><;

Guest IonNuke

Does anyone know where I can buy a USB cable for my DoCoMo P906i, or the CD? I saw two on ebay for like $20, but wondering if there's any other places I find the cables? Or, if any of you guys got them when you bought your phones. I'm mostly curious if you guys have them, is it worth buying, otherwise I'm having a really hard time getting music or ringtones on my phone. I've been using the Hardwarezone tutorials, and I can't seem to get them to work.. ><;

The data cable is any old Sharp compatible data cable (sharp/panasonic/toshiba/NEC all use the same type) and the CD has the Data Link program that you can download from docomo's site. Although you need to set your system locale to Japan/Japanese or the Data Link application will not install. Hope you can read Japanese as well LOL.

Guest tirahbunny

so what's good about these phones?

i have a friend who keeps saying how much she wants a keitai phone but from what i know, they're pretty crippled in the US right?

and most of them are just like flip phones...

unless there are any smart keitai phones that has wifi or allows you to have a data plan.

Guest peppermintsugar

so what's good about these phones?

i have a friend who keeps saying how much she wants a keitai phone but from what i know, they're pretty crippled in the US right?

and most of them are just like flip phones...

unless there are any smart keitai phones that has wifi or allows you to have a data plan.

Maybe we like nice looking flip phones and don't care about constantly needing to browse the internet while we're away from the computer.

Guest tirahbunny

Maybe we like nice looking flip phones and don't care about constantly needing to browse the internet while we're away from the computer.

so they really dont have the cool features and its just personal preference then.

i like some of them actually but have yet to find any QWERTY ones, as i am a heavy texter and when I had a t9 phone it was incredibly difficult and slow!

does anyone know anything about the Softbank 922sh...not sure if that is the correct model name but it opens like a DS and has a keyboard.

Guest IonNuke

so they really dont have the cool features and its just personal preference then.

i like some of them actually but have yet to find any QWERTY ones, as i am a heavy texter and when I had a t9 phone it was incredibly difficult and slow!

does anyone know anything about the Softbank 922sh...not sure if that is the correct model name but it opens like a DS and has a keyboard.

922SH is old. Has multimedia locks to lock you out of using the camera and listening to music on it but other than that it's okay I guess.

Some of the Japanese mobiles do pack a punch that I guess can be considered as cool features but if other don't see it as cool features then it's just bleh~~~ Some have CCD cameras that take pretty good photos as opposed to a CMOS sensor for phone cameras that usually take crappy photos. Hmmmm... Fujitsu made mobiles are waterproof on select models. That's probably one of the most convenient "features" on a phone as I've been rained on several times while mid-conversation.

Thank god I asked you guys before forking over $20 + shipping + 3 weeks of sitting by the mailbox. Thank you!

Probably a dumb question, but do I need both the cable and the CD?

Probably not the CD. A bunch of my keitais all come with original boxing and CD that I've never touched. I've read the manual and all but other than that the CD gets to sit at the bottom of the box. Data Link software is handy but just far too lazy to set it up for it to run correctly. There's other methods to get media on the phone without the use of Data Link software.

Guest peppermintsugar

SH-04a also has a keyboard.

NTT-SH-04A.jpg

^ That is a sexy phone! I like the simplicity of it... not a whole lot going on, which is why I love ketai so much. ;) Is that an older model or new?

@IonNuke awesome, thank you for replying again! Sorry for asking so many questions, but another one.. would this particular cable work? It's the closest I could find to the DoCoMo one, so hopefully it's similar... here

Guest IonNuke

^ That is a sexy phone! I like the simplicity of it... not a whole lot going on, which is why I love ketai so much. ;) Is that an older model or new?

@IonNuke awesome, thank you for replying again! Sorry for asking so many questions, but another one.. would this particular cable work? It's the closest I could find to the DoCoMo one, so hopefully it's similar... here

It would work. But that plug going into the phone isn't the type that I'd perfer to use. L shaped travel plug is like the cheapo kind.

Guest tirahbunny

SH-04a also has a keyboard.

wow that one looks nice! is it a smartphone? like what software does it run...

how would i even go about buying one...i dont know where they sell it. and i heard from my friend that these phone are usually like 500USD or more! that's way too much!

Guest peppermintsugar

They are very expensive. I don't know much about that one, personally, but I'm sure one of the boys from HoFo would be able to answer it for us haha.

Archived