My Inbox Says "1 New Message", But There Isn't One

NaughtyDog

weird glitch; read on for possible fixes
When I log into soompi, it keeps saying that I have 1 New Message when I don't. I am currently using Safari and cleared my cookies, but checked on Firefox and IE to make sure it wasn't the browser, and it's the same thing.

It's not really a problem, more of a nuisance that I would like to fix. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

ADMIN NOTE: sorry if this is happening to you. we've had this issue for quite some time and we have no idea why it happens. nothing bad will happen to your account; it just seems to be a mysterious glitch. as outlined below, some users say they are able to get rid of it when they delete some of their older messages, or when they move the newest PM from the inbox to the inbox (no, it doesn't make sense to me either). try these methods, and if those don't work for you, well, sorry! please don't write tech support because they will not be able to do anything about it.

Guest mentalfiction

I had the exact same problem.

The way it went away was I just emptied out my inbox (not all of it, just stuff that I didn't need and was taking up space) and it automatically went away.

I had the exact same problem.

The way it went away was I just emptied out my inbox (not all of it, just stuff that I didn't need and was taking up space) and it automatically went away.

Thanks a lot, it worked!

Problem solved, you can close this mods.

Guest Atmosphere.

Oh... that's what I need to do? But I STILL have a lot of space, so I don't know why I need to delete them lol >__<

Oh wells.. since it's bothering me I should just do it

edit//

good, it worked :)

i think it's just messages that you haven't read yet.

i have like 12 new messages but yeah, none of them are new. i'm just too lazy to bother checking which messages i haven't opened yet.

Guest <3*gabbss.;

i have the same problem.. but i don't wanna delete my messages.. lol i need them to keep tracks of my buyers in the S&T forum.. ugh.. anyone else found another way to fix it? =/

Check the "new" message. Scroll to bottom of the screen and select move to INBOX.

Your msg is ALREADY in the INBOX but moving it to the inbox again will remove the red 1 new msg thing. :)

They are working on it, even I reported the issue. But surprisingly moving the PM to the same folder worked! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest nobody knows

if you don't wanna delete messages or move it (even though that seems simple)

you can PM yourself and just delete that message xD

• 1 month later...

if you don't wanna delete messages or move it (even though that seems simple)

you can PM yourself and just delete that message xD

thanks! that actually worked! lol

i found out that if it says '1 new message' in your inbox when it actually doesn't, it is because you are going to receive another PM soon...

Guest lokailyve

Check the "new" message. Scroll to bottom of the screen and select move to INBOX.

Your msg is ALREADY in the INBOX but moving it to the inbox again will remove the red 1 new msg thing. :)

I did what you suggested, and it worked!! Thanks!!!! :)

• 1 month later...

I think I figured out the cause. If you read the initial pm and then reply in that same session, it will put that 1 new message thing. If you read it first and click on the 1 New Messages link, it should go away. Pretty much all you have to do is read ALL your pm's first and then reply to them after that. I hope someone can test out this theory.

Archived