Kim Hyun Joo 김현주 Upcoming Drama 2024: The Bequeathed

LHRCN_

Guest Dahee Fanel

^Yeah, I'm eager to see her again too (although, to be honest, I haven't finished watching MAM yet. I'm still on episode thirteen). I hope her next project will bring her more fans, and showcase her talents.

By the way, fans at Jisub Addicts always do this, but since this thread needs a little more discussion, I was wondering...

What was your first impression of Hyunjoo? What was your "journey" with her?

As for me, the first time I saw her was in "Glass Slippers", when I was fourteen years old. I started watching that drama simply because So Ji Sub was going to be in it. The very first time I caught a glimpse of her, smiling as she pedalled away on her bike, I thought to myself, "She's very cute, but not exactly pretty." Yes, I know!! :wacko: Silly of me, wasn't it?

Then, as subsequent scenes emerged, I realized just how beautiful she was. My cousin coined KHJ's charm as we watched this drama - "The more I see of her, the more beautiful she is."

Hyunjoo unni became one of my only favourite Korean actresses thanks to this role. I watched bits and pieces of "Sang Do" and "That Woman's House" (I don't like period or family dramas very much) as well, and I didn't get the chance to watch "Shinsukki Blues", since my mom returned it to the video store before I could (I'm planning on renting it again). Then I saw her in "Miss Kim's Million Dollar Project".

WOW!!! She was the same old Hyunjoo, except a little older, with a different, exuberant acting style that made me collapse onto the floor in giggles. "Miss Kim" soon became one of my favourite dramas, and I eagerly anticipated the release of the next episode every week. Hyunjoo's so beautiful here, and she shows a versatility that awes me. She's so different from the "pure" Yoon-hee in "Glass Slippers". She really cemented my respect for her (although she'd already had it before this).

It was while I was rewatching "Glass Slippers" for the nth time (after "Miss Kim" ended) that I realized that I was grinning while watching her, without even realizing it. Every time she lets loose that megawatt smile of hers, I can't help but smile as well. She just gives me a happy, satisfied feeling. And her crying scenes always touch me deeply, as well.

After this, I actively searched for more information on her. I watched "Calla", a lovely film that showcased her shy beauty. I became active in her thread on Soompi, and I began researching her on Korean sites (something I'd never done before, not even for So Ji Sub). I am watching "To Marry A Millionaire", a show that, although not as good as I had hoped, still displays her charm and acting ability. And the more I learn about her, the more I respect and admire her. She strikes me as such a confident, honest, intelligent, kind, beautiful person, and she's never once disappointed me in any of the things I've read about her. She seems like she'd make the perfect "unni", the perfect friend.

Kim Hyun Joo jjang!! :D

Okay, now your turn. ;)

Edit: A lovely picture to spur you on:

17qz.png

Credit: LIPS

my first time seeing her was glass slipper too! @ first I thought she was cute..but not beautiful...but as I kept watching and watching..I was like..she's sooo pretty ...and from then on she became one of my favorite actress..!! and So ji SUB BECAME ONE OF MY FAVORITE ACTOR!! they look hot together

Guest cutegurl87

Count me in...I also first noticed her when I watched Glass Slippers (actually, it was also the first Korean drama I've ever seen). The moment I saw her scene when she was on the bicycle delivering food with the lovely song played in the background, I was amazed and lured in by her winning and stunning smile. Then came her encounter scene with So Ji Sup in which she hit him with the delivery tray and I was shocked. I thought, this girl has the looks and the spunk. She's no pushover and she'll definitely voice her opinion. I just love this attitude and personality in her character. I can honestly say that she was the reason I watched Glass Slippers, along with her oh-so-cute relationship with So Ji Sup. Understandably, I cried buckets of water when I watched the ending. Her and Ji Sup's incredibly powerful dying scene really touched me in a way that made my heart feel a little of the pain that she had felt. All in all, it was beautifully casted with her in it.

Next, I began to keep an eye out for series in which she starred (I also searched for more series with her and Ji Sup acting as a couple but as you know, they really didn't have any other). Next, I watched Her House in which she was the supporting cast and was coupled with Lee Seo Jin. She looked really young and cute in this series and her character matched her appearance exactly. I really liked how she was spoiled but once she fell for him, she did not care for external matters anymore.

Afterwards came the next best series (in my opinion) which was Springtime/Days of Youth starring Jang Dong Gun. I absolutely love her character in this drama, so strong-willed yet innocent and pure. I found her chemistry with JDG very good and despite of the tragic ending (again, I could not stop the running tears), I greatly enjoyed every second of it. I even purchased a copy of it on DVD so that I could rewatch whenever I felt like it. To be honest, I have watched it more than 10 times and yet I still get excited about it. However, when I read the review for this drama, I was shocked to find out that it did not get a very good rating because critics said that it was not one of JDG's best acting. On the other hand, KHJ portrayed her character very well and this I totally agree with.

After that, I purchased her movie, Calla, with Song Seung Hun and Kim Hee Sun. Her acting, again, was wonderful but I was greatly unsatisfied with the structure of the film and the small screen time given to her.

Recently, I was finally able to watch Miss Kim's Adventures in Making a Million and fell in love with her all over again. This was her first comedy and I thought she and Ji Jin Hee were absolutely hilarious but not ridiculous as some characters in other dramas turn out to be. Their relationship onscreen really sparked and I loved every moment they were together, whether they were arguing or not.

I have also watched Marry a Millionaire and although I think her acting was very good, as is Go Soo's acting, I don't think the story was well-written or the series itself well-directed. However, I still loved every scene she and Go Soo were together.

In between watching these series, I have been constantly searching for her pictures because of my obsession with her smile and beauty. This explains my random constant posting of her pictures. I just can't get enough of her.

So there you go, that's my "journey" and although it might seem weird, bordering on crazy, I greatly support her and will for as long as she remains on-screen.

Guest cutegurl87

;)

i posted these back in the old soompi :D

i made these...the SHG/SSH and KHJ/SJS pairs started the korean craze for me :wub:

and yes, i've always thought she and KHJ had some resemblances :w00t:

star2bg4zx.jpg

star1bg7rp.jpg

i think this is the requested image :huh:

lips62mw.jpg

I was finally able to find a picture of the friends, SHG and KHJ, with the help of Miss Bouakham.

Here's another pic of KHJ at that event:

joo3.jpg

Guest cutegurl87

when i saw her at the awards show for SBS 2005, i thought that she was the prettiest, if not THE prettiest one there <333

Yes I agree, she did look very elegant that night. Btw, welcome to the thread snowwhite! :wub:

Guest Dahee Fanel

Next, I watched Her House in which she was the supporting cast and was coupled with Lee Seo Jin. She looked really young and cute in this series and her character matched her appearance exactly. I really liked how she was spoiled but once she fell for him, she did not care for external matters anymore.

Afterwards came the next best series (in my opinion) which was Springtime/Days of Youth starring Jang Dong Gun.

After that, I purchased her movie, Calla, with Song Seung Hun and Kim Hee Sun. Her acting, again, was wonderful but I was greatly unsatisfied with the structure of the film and the small screen time given to her.

Is "Her House" good? My dad really loved it, and he wants to rewatch it with me. But I don't remember much about it, more than that it was pretty family-oriented.

Your thoughts on "Springtime" really intrigued me. Now I really want to watch this - so it's worth renting?

I actually really liked "Calla". Yes, it was a bit messy, but the storyline entertained me. Besides, Hyunjoo unni was just so beautiful in this. Maybe that's why I liked it so much. ^^;;

Ceci Pose Model:

vessel243273xm.jpg

Her Story:

1088157399a5xo.jpg

Guest Dahee Fanel

^I believe she's resting right now, ginachan. When she chooses her next project, I'll be sure to let you know. ;)

Another cute little article that I translated that I got off LIPS:

Kim Hyun Joo Is A Heart Jjang*

[Metro 2005.09.29 09:00:39]

**Translated by Dahee Fanel

New actor Yoon Sang Hyun from the SBS drama "To Marry A Millionaire" said "Thanks to sunbae's** encouragement, my nervousness vanished" and "I started liking her because of her heart, rather than her face." New actor Yoon Sang Hyun revealed his thoughts about his sunbae, actress Kim Hyun Joo. He has received the blessing of being Kim Hyun Joo's partner in the SBS drama "To Marry A Millionaire". Unable to hide his nervousness, he assumed a bashful smile. In the show, he plays the perfect man Yoon Jin-ha, who possesses good looks, talent, and wealth. He gets poor guy Kim Young-hoon (Go Soo) to pretend to be a millionaire on a TV show, and is the PD in charge of the happenings surrounding Kim Young-hoon's being wooed by the beauties. In a moment of confusion, Han Eun-young (Kim Hyun Joo) goes on the show, and he senses her charms. He then goes through unrequited love for only her while breaking up the Go Soo-Kim Hyun Joo couple, who are each other's first love. "At first you'll notice only his exterior, but little by little, he realizes genuine love and experiences internal strife. He's that kind of person. It's great luck for me to be able to act with these two sunbaes whom I've always respected. Kim Hyun Joo sunbae, especially, is a very lovable and charming person, no matter how you look at her." On the 22nd of this month, at the Kyung-ki Province, Il-san SBS production centre, while practising for the first script, Yoon Sang Hyun added "I'm very grateful to Kim Hyun Joo for warmly encouraging me when I was feeling so nervous during the first shoot of the drama." The producer of "To Marry A Millionaire" is Kang Shin Hyo, who was the PD of the SBS drama "All In". "...Millionaire" is based on an American reality show. With this motive, they created this Korean drama.

Writer: Ahn Eun Young (eve@metroseoul.co.kr)

*Jjang - slang for "the best", "great", etc.

**sunbae - a colleague who is higher up than you in status; usually work or school related.

Guest neverletgo

i looooove khj! i wish her thread was more popular =) i dunno, i was kind of disappointed with her most recent drama. i watched the beginning and then i lost interest. i wish she would team up with some hot actor and produce something reallly passionate and good! i love her and so ji sub together..or even her and lee su jin

Guest ginachan

^I believe she's resting right now, ginachan. When she chooses her next project, I'll be sure to let you know. ;)

New actor Yoon Sang Hyun from the SBS drama "To Marry A Millionaire" said "Thanks to sunbae's** encouragement, my nervousness vanished" and "I started liking her because of her heart, rather than her face." New actor Yoon Sang Hyun revealed his thoughts about his sunbae, actress Kim Hyun Joo. He has received the blessing of being Kim Hyun Joo's partner in the SBS drama "To Marry A Millionaire". Unable to hide his nervousness, he assumed a bashful smile. In the show, he plays the perfect man Yoon Jin-ha, who possesses good looks, talent, and wealth. He gets poor guy Kim Young-hoon (Go Soo) to pretend to be a millionaire on a TV show, and is the PD in charge of the happenings surrounding Kim Young-hoon's being wooed by the beauties. In a moment of confusion, Han Eun-young (Kim Hyun Joo) goes on the show, and he senses her charms. He then goes through unrequited love for only her while breaking up the Go Soo-Kim Hyun Joo couple, who are each other's first love. "At first you'll notice only his exterior, but little by little, he realizes genuine love and experiences internal strife. He's that kind of person. It's great luck for me to be able to act with these two sunbaes whom I've always respected. Kim Hyun Joo sunbae, especially, is a very lovable and charming person, no matter how you look at her." On the 22nd of this month, at the Kyung-ki Province, Il-san SBS production centre, while practising for the first script, Yoon Sang Hyun added "I'm very grateful to Kim Hyun Joo for warmly encouraging me when I was feeling so nervous during the first shoot of the drama." The producer of "To Marry A Millionaire" is Kang Shin Hyo, who was the PD of the SBS drama "All In". "...Millionaire" is based on an American reality show. With this motive, they created this Korean drama.

**sunbae - a colleague who is higher up than you in status; usually work or school related.

Thank you for the article!

Guest Dahee Fanel

A magazine pic:

0321zu.jpg

A pic of an article about "If Snow Falls At Christmas" (with Park Yong Ha):

0472ih.jpg

0482nc.jpg

From her Essence Pack CF with Cha Tae Hyun:

0640ed.jpg

Guest cutegurl87

Is "Her House" good? My dad really loved it, and he wants to rewatch it with me. But I don't remember much about it, more than that it was pretty family-oriented.

Your thoughts on "Springtime" really intrigued me. Now I really want to watch this - so it's worth renting?

I actually really liked "Calla". Yes, it was a bit messy, but the storyline entertained me. Besides, Hyunjoo unni was just so beautiful in this. Maybe that's why I liked it so much. ^^;;

Ceci Pose Model:

vessel243273xm.jpg

Her Story:

1088157399a5xo.jpg

Hi Dahee Fanel! Her House is really family-oriented. I didn't care so much for the main couple's story because I only focused on KHJ and LSJ's story. She looked so pretty with her short, wavy hair and her character was adorable. She's somewhat spoiled but at the same time, very loving and friendly. It's really cute how she fell in love with LSJ instantly and continued chasing him.

Springtime is really good and definitely worth renting. I thought her performance in it was truly captivating.

Awww...KHJ is such a beautiful soul. It's wonderful that there are others who look up to her and take her advices to heart.

A magazine pic:

0321zu.jpg

A pic of an article about "If Snow Falls At Christmas" (with Park Yong Ha):

0472ih.jpg

0482nc.jpg

From her Essence Pack CF with Cha Tae Hyun:

0640ed.jpg

Ooooo...thank-you so much! I've been looking for pics of her and PYH for a long time now.

Guest Dahee Fanel

I just finished watching MAM. Quite a satisfying ending, although it had a slight cheese factor to it. I was very impressed by Hyunjoo unni's acting in this last episode, though. :)

From "Scenery" magazine, for promotion for "Shinsukki Blues":

131740peo485vw.jpg

(With Lee Sung Jae)

131754peo483yh.jpg

Guest cutegurl87

I just finished watching MAM. Quite a satisfying ending, although it had a slight cheese factor to it. I was very impressed by Hyunjoo unni's acting in this last episode, though. :)

From "Scenery" magazine, for promotion for "Shinsukki Blues":

131740peo485vw.jpg

Yeah, I really liked MAM's ending too. Once again, thank-you for the pictures. I love this one the most!

*EDIT: YAY! I own the 16th page and the 300th post!