1 hour ago, vaiduakhu said:

I visited some art galleries early this year, and couldn't understand how some arrangements are called masterpiece of arts and the meanings hidden behind them,

Same here. I love looking at paintings but yeah some art galleries makes me wonder what's the meaning behind them, some of them looked like just a thing that a kid will usually do and put together. But then I love visiting 3D art Museum cause you can play around them, maybe it's the same with this place that LYW visited.

18 hours ago, yanki said:

That's also what I remember from that, she didn't really want to get involved in the business and the whole time she was living in this belief that her family was fine and happy (or maybe that's just what she wanted to believe). She just decided to accept it later on and get involve after their father passed away and the family started to get divided and showed their true colors of being selfish and greedy for power. So in order to keep their family together, she decided to get involved and become the most powerful so that her family once again will be able to act like family again.

I should watch this drama more once I am no longer as busy.

I'm just at ep 2 of re-watching but I think the drama was very well arranged. All scenes are linked to each other. When I watched it on-air, I was carried away by the hot discussion in its Soompi thread, so I didn't really think a lot abt minor scenes. 

I think you have a good point abt SY's purpose to re-unit the family by taking power away from them. In ep2, when she talked to MJ at the hospital after YJ's death, she reminisced the good time the cousins (her, MJ, YJ) had together. She valued these memories a lot and felt sorry to YJ. Just when MJ thought SY was sympathetic to him and his Dad, and maybe would forgive them for the false practices they did to the Group, she became fierce and said she needed to stop them so that the whole family would be back to good term like before.

I think she was naive here. Not all deeds from kind hearts are understood and end up with good results. Other family members thought she was like them: pretending to be an angel, putting family priority, but deep down, all they desired was money and power. So, they fought against her, against each other and made opportunities for ppl like TJ to sneak in. 

• Like 1

I’ll wait for you chingu to catch up then.  I’m on ep 9 and it’s the most infuriate one thus far, from the evil stepmom blocking everyone to not seeing the dying Chairman to the jerk TJ trying to stir up SY while she’s mourning of her father’s death.  Glad she shoved it back to his face though.  Priceless.

There’s another plot hole… before Dong Sung passing away, he told the stepmom about borrowed-name accounts.  She was supposed to tell SY so she could have the shares transferring back to her from those individuals.  As it turned out, the stepmom keeping all for herself instead.  It could have been prevented if the Chairman had told SY during the 3 years while he was ill already.  Oh well.

It’s been about 5 years since I watched EOG, thus I couldn’t recall how SY still had some stocks for herself later on when it seems the stepmom is robbing everything from her at the moment.  I stopped at the part where the stepmom telling the people who are under borrowed-name accounts to returning all the shares to her.  No!!!

Yanki, I know someone had made an analogy between EOG & QSD before, saying EOG is the modern day of QSD.  I don’t remember much details but it was really compatible.

Just now, QSD said:

Yanki, I know someone had made an analogy between EOG & QSD before, saying EOG is the modern day of QSD.  I don’t remember much details but it was really compatible.

Yeah. When I first watched EOG and read the synopsis, I thought it was a modern day QSD as well but after finishing the whole drama I realized it wasn't. I think that was just a part of QSD nostalgia, when a movie or drama became very popular, it's a bit hard not to to think "Oh this is similar to that" or has something to do with that drama. I even thought Empress Ki was very similar to QSD and that Emperor and Sung Nyang's relationship could be what will Bidam and QSD's relationship will be if Bidam succeed in taking the throne lol.

Though at first SY's father reminds me of how Mishil was able to keep her followers and SY was like Bidam, who had to shoulder the burden of keeping his family at check. But after watching the whole series, it wasn't like QSD at all. The drama was very complex. SY's character really had to endure a complicated relationship with her family.

Although a lot of what they say about business and company makes me confused at times lol.

My friend said that EOG reminds her of East of Eden but I've never watched that drama so I do not know.

Just now, QSD said:

There’s another plot hole… before Dong Sung passing away he told the stepmom about account-borrowed names.  She was supposed to tell SY so she could have the shares transferring back to her from those individuals.  As it turned out, the stepmom keeping all for herself instead.  It could have been prevented if the Chairman had told SY during the 3 years while he was ill already.  Oh well.

Not really sure about this but I think it was because it wasn't legal? The mom thought SY was just a naive girl who wouldn't do anything about the business, just a puppet she could control so she was able to do everything to her share without SY caring about it all but in the end, the share was still with SY because there was no proper or legal transferring of her shares from SY to her mother.
At first, the mother was acting like a Queen regent while the real ruler is still not in the rightful age or position to do the work. She has the power to do this and that but in the end SY was and still is the rightful owner and when the time comes, she was able to do whatever she wanted with her properties.

The analogy between EOG & QSD that I’ve seen in the past was different.  Someone was comparing SY to Deokman and TJ to Mishil.  Both TJ & Mishil lost the war and took their own lives.  The big difference is SY had way more oppositions (the stepmom, 4 siblings/in laws, cousin, and TJ) as opposed to Mishil & Bidam in QSD for DM.

On 4/24/2018 at 4:23 AM, yanki said:

Not really sure about this but I think it was because it wasn't legal? The mom thought SY was just a naive girl who wouldn't do anything about the business, just a puppet she could control so she was able to do everything to her share without SY caring about it all but in the end, the share was still with SY because there was no proper or legal transferring of her shares from SY to her mother.
At first, the mother was acting like a Queen regent while the real ruler is still not in the rightful age or position to do the work. She has the power to do this and that but in the end SY was and still is the rightful owner and when the time comes, she was able to do whatever she wanted with her properties.

Although I have not continued watching from where I left off yesterday to wait for you gals to catch up, I am pretty sure it wasn’t the case.  The stepmom eventually will own the shares for herself, and that’s why she has upper hands in pursuing owning the Group in the future episodes.

To have better grasp about the shares in SJ Cement that Dong Sung left under borrowed-name accounts in ep 9, here are how it’d begun in ep 6, starting with the capitalization of stocks in SJ Construction to doubling the shares in the Group.  It was SY’s plan in order to become the owner of the empire with over 50% stakes, if her sister Jung Yoon & her husband agreed to transfer the rights of their shares to SY.  Unfortunately, that didn’t happen since they were lured by Won Jae, who was trying to own the Group as well.  So they all buying the stocks of SJ Construction, including MJ & TJ to help Won Jae succeed.  Therefore, SY & the Chairman had come up with another strategy, which is to destroy their shares.  To accomplish this, the Chairman had ordered his presidents to transfer all affiliated shares to SJ Cement.  So that’s where Dong Sung’s shares are now at, under 4 borrowed-name accounts as seen in ep 9. 

This begs me another question but will wait.  Maybe we can discuss later.

Oh I will finally have time to watch tomorrow and during weekends,  I will marathon EOG so I can catch up, maybe the plot holes will be clear on later on.

Btw am I the only one who think that LYW looks good with red and orangey clothes, hair and make up?

Nice you can watch soon.  It’s great if the plot holes are clear, but I’m not really bothered by them whether they’re resolved or not.

It’s not just you who think Yowon looks good in the colors you mentioned, I’m sure.

On 23/4/2018 at 10:12 AM, QSD said:

Regarding to EOG, notice initially Seo Yoon didn’t have any shares in Sung Jin Group until the Chairman gave her his in the story later, unlike her siblings or cousin who already have had in possessions from the start.  Here are the distributions of each character that relating to Seo Yoon.

I'm at Ep3 and MJ said SY was given stake of the Group as her 10th birthday's gift and Food & Distribution (2 divisions of the Group) as college graduation gift. So, it means she did have shares of the Group. Where did they go? perhaps she gave them to her Dad, or authorized her Dad her share's voting right, so that he could keep his largest share and Chairman position. 

On 24/4/2018 at 6:09 PM, yanki said:

My friend said that EOG reminds her of East of Eden but I've never watched that drama so I do not know.

I watched East of Eden long time ago, don't remember much of that drama, but EOE has very different plot with EOG's; the only similar thing is the power and money war. There is romance in EOE, while in EOG, we all know how drought it is, lol

On 25/4/2018 at 11:18 AM, QSD said:

The analogy between EOG & QSD that I’ve seen in the past was different.  Someone was comparing SY to Deokman and TJ to Mishil.  Both TJ & Mishil lost the war and took their own lives.  The big difference is SY had way more oppositions (the stepmom, 4 siblings/in laws, cousin, and TJ) as opposed to Mishil & Bidam in QSD for DM.

This analogy is interesting... but I think MJ is more like MS of EOG rather than TJ. MJ and his dad along with SY's dad devoted their lives to build and grow the Group from scratch (like MS and her gang fought for Silla), but then SY's dad took over most of power and money, and gave them to his children (like DM's dad was a King and his children were certificated as "royal blood", the only one could own and rule Silla rightfully). Not really equally, but TJ can be compared with BD, who also fought to be admitted in the society. 

On 26/4/2018 at 6:21 PM, yanki said:

Btw am I the only one who think that LYW looks good with red and orangey clothes, hair and make up?

this one, you mean? 

2011123001231_1.jpg&key=42e5934a7f7f6061

If yes, you are not the only one. I also like this photo a lot. Exquisite! 

• Like 1

I wasn't able to marathon EOG today but I was able to continue from where I left which is episode 5.

I feek sorry for SY since she really do love her family and her dad but while her dad is still alive his family were all preparing to take the business once he's gone. They thought that SY was trying to manipulate them the whole time so they gave meaning in what she was doing.

I also feel sorry for her younger brother, he was the most innocent and pure one and trust her , he had other dreams but his mother was pressuring him into taking the business... 

I really hate the mother, I really wonder if she truly loved SY's dad or just waiting for the time she could take control of his wealth to avenge her husband. 

@Vaiduakhu

yeah. I saw a lot of comments before that they didn't like that get up haha but I like it. And there was another one she was wearing red or orange? Thought she look so pretty in that one. 

15 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

I'm at Ep3 and MJ said SY was given stake of the Group as her 10th birthday's gift and Food & Distribution (2 divisions of the Group) as college graduation gift. So, it means she did have shares of the Group. Where did they go? perhaps she gave them to her Dad, or authorized her Dad her share's voting right, so that he could keep his largest share and Chairman position. 

It’s not consistent regarding to her stake, if she has at all.  In one scene at the elevator in the first ep she said she only had Food & Distribution, while MJ mentioned she got stake, in addition to Food & Distribution in ep 3.  However, the later 2 scenes in ep 4 and 6 do echo each other this time.  The interaction between SY & the Chairman in the church is when he said he would give her his shares.  It coincides with SY when she explaining about recapitalizing the stocks of SJ Construction to her father & stepmom.  She said that she got 10% from him and never did she ever say plus her own shares to get to 28% total, which she aiming for.  For easy reference, I re-post a portion of the old post.

Dong Sung 10% - her father

Jung Hee 8% - her stepmom

Sung Jae 4% - her stepbrother

Won Jae 7% - her brother

Jung Yoon 3% - her sister

Dong Hui 3% - her brother-in-law

Min Jae 7% - her cousin

If you add all the percentages from her father to the brother-in-law, except Won Jae, it would come out 28%.

Perhaps Food & Distribution don’t actually constitute to any stake in the Group, just like the golf courses and department stores that the Chairman had intended to give to her sister Jung Yoon and the sister-in-law, respectively.  It was discussed during the meeting with the whole family about recapitalizing the stocks of SJ Construction in ep 6.

11 hours ago, yanki said:

I wasn't able to marathon EOG today but I was able to continue from where I left which is episode 5.

I feek sorry for SY since she really do love her family and her dad but while her dad is still alive his family were all preparing to take the business once he's gone. They thought that SY was trying to manipulate them the whole time so they gave meaning in what she was doing.

I also feel sorry for her younger brother, he was the most innocent and pure one and trust her , he had other dreams but his mother was pressuring him into taking the business... 

I really hate the mother, I really wonder if she truly loved SY's dad or just waiting for the time she could take control of his wealth to avenge her husband. 

@Vaiduakhu

yeah. I saw a lot of comments before that they didn't like that get up haha but I like it. And there was another one she was wearing red or orange? Thought she look so pretty in that one. 

uc?export=view&id=0B5qUWbYvtcb8cUdiVWtKR

You mean this one?

What a pleasant surprise there’s news of her potential comeback project!  I didn’t expect to see on the weekend.  Nothing much info other than it’s a medical romance series for MBC.  It’s scheduled to air in July.  The actor Ji Hyun Woo is in discussion for the male lead.  There isn’t a writer or PD attached to it yet.  And, of course, it’s a waiting period to hear what she’s gonna say in coming days…

Source

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2