Paranormal Activity

aiiiisshhh

paranormal-activity-movie-poster12.jpg

After a young, middle class couple moves into what seems like a typical suburban 'starter' tract house, they become increasingly disturbed by a presence that may or may not be somehow demonic but is certainly most active in the middle of the night. Especially when they sleep. Or try to

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1179904/

http://www.paranormalmovie.com/

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/reviews/f...ivity-lpalm.php

mm seems a lot of hype to this only showing in the west coast though. anyone see this yet?

o yea theres a warning to not see the trailer - spoilers and it kinda sucks like with the overreacting audiences

- i heard they got the audience to sign something so the theater could film their reactions during the movie so that might be why they were acting so stupid

if u want to black out the spoilers you have to set the font to the color "white" then you can use the black spoiler hi light

*facepalms

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Queenie<3

I have not seen it yet but I have recently watched the trailer and it looks really scary! I havent seen a good scary movie in a long time so hopefully this is good =)

I think it is ridiculous that I have to drive three hours to see this movie, but I'm always down for a day trip and a movie.

I heard some good things about this movie and sadly I saw the trailer and yeah, no one jumps up or freaks out that much for a movie. I've seen scared people at a horror movie, but those people looked like they were actually seeing a real ghost themselves.

Guest missyblue

hah, i saw this on yahoo, and the way yahoo wrote about it, i gotta see the trailer for myself.

the trailer did get my heart pumping... and the scenes that they showed was pretty exciting.

like the part with the sheets moving and the foot prints from the powder. :o

i really want to watch it. XD

Guest HeartOnHerSleeve

^

ROFL no, they just filmed the audience watching the movie to show how "scary" it is...

I really really wanna watch this, but I'd have to drive three hours to watch a movie...sigh. I'd better plan a shopping trip on the side then =)

This movie looks really interesting... but I'm kinda scared to just watch it hahaha. I mean, I like scary movies, but I dunno if I want to lose sleep now since school just started a week ago. Not to mention the only theater in California that has it is in Santa Cruz which is about 1 1/2 hour drive.

Guest NanaMun

Saw it last night for our city's premiere. It was a sold out theatre and everyone freaked out during the show. It takes alot to unnerve me and I was creeped out twice during the movie. Pretty good for my standards. What I love about this movie is that no matter who you are there is a creepy factor. If the movie doesn't bother you when you watch it, it'll bother you when you turn out the lights to go to sleep.

There was some random moments when the audience would literally gasp in unison. Definitely better as a theatre experience. I enjoyed it.

Guest dON^_^

Yeah, I just found out that the movie got a wider release now because of all the positive reviews. I'm still deciding whether or not to watch it since I don't want to lose sleep during the school year lol. I mean, I like scary movies since they're fun to watch with your friends or significant other, but this movie is very tempting...

Guest mz simmonz

I had no idea what this was until I saw all my friends' statuses on FB and radio reviews...I'm already creeped out by the poster! lol.

Then again..didn't people think "Blair Witch Project" was spooky? well it was for those who have odd imaginations (like myself) hehe.

I get freaked out easily..I'm going to wait to see more posts on this :D

I watched it last night..

I actually didn't really find it scary beside the ending 0___0

when the movie started to play, i got dizzy because of too much shaking + i was sitting on first row..

to sum it up, it was an ok movie [ more like a cheap documentary]

Saw it last night for our city's premiere. It was a sold out theatre and everyone freaked out during the show. It takes alot to unnerve me and I was creeped out twice during the movie. Pretty good for my standards. What I love about this movie is that no matter who you are there is a creepy factor. If the movie doesn't bother you when you watch it, it'll bother you when you turn out the lights to go to sleep.

There was some random moments when the audience would literally gasp in unison. Definitely better as a theatre experience. I enjoyed it.

Definitely agreed that the movie contains a creepy element it. I have watched enough "horror" movies and other similiar genres, so I'm like you; it's takes a lot to get to me in a movie because they're all pretty much predictable. But like you said, "if it doesn't bother you when you watch it, it'll bother you when you turn out the lights and go to sleep." Especially if you can't sleep and you're tossing and turning, getting ready to sleep.

The thing about Paranormal Activity is right from the beginning of the film, you know the purpose for the camera. The fact that it's a "documentary" taps into that thrill/fear factor in your mind. I also wasn't anticipating the humor, but there are humorous conversations in the movie that eases the tension (or it could be considered the precursor). Anyways, I enjoyed it and I recommend it if you're looking for a good thrill and definitely some "OMFG, did that just happen?" moments.

Watching it tonight in about 2 hours... hopefully the line for the movie isn't too bad since my friends and I are going an hour early for seats. All I know is that I will join my friends (who seen the movie) by being in a position where you can't sleep for 2-3 days... or longer =O I'm probably gonna end up being on the laptop the whole night until I pass out lol.

Guest scorsagian

Saw this on Tuesday. It's creepy but not scary.

I guess maybe I'm a little more immune because I watch a lot of Ghost Hunters and Haunting from discovery channel. It didn't make me jump or even get my heart pumping. I was waiting for the climax and...it didn't deliver.

I think others might find it scary because it's something they could relate to. Like a certain noise they're uncertain of at night, or something like that. I didn't appreciate the motion sickness I got from it.

Overall, it's better than most of the crap horror movies available, but I expected something more.

Saw this on Tuesday. It's creepy but not scary.

I guess maybe I'm a little more immune because I watch a lot of Ghost Hunters and Haunting from discovery channel. It didn't make me jump or even get my heart pumping. I was waiting for the climax and...it didn't deliver.

I think others might find it scary because it's something they could relate to. Like a certain noise they're uncertain of at night, or something like that. I didn't appreciate the motion sickness I got from it.

Overall, it's better than most of the crap horror movies available, but I expected something more.

I saw the movie last night and I agree w/ your post! The movie wasn't too scary,but it was just creepy of how the movie progresses. I mean, they make something so simple frightening. I never seen Ghost Hunters or Haunting, but maybe I should to get a better understanding of these situations.

I thought the acting was really good, and I'm guessing the couple are probably amateurs since this movie is their first big movie. But they could have just volunteered since the intro gave a little thank you to them for being the characters and using their home.

Some of the paranormal happenings I can relate to a little. My house is pretty old and I often hear cracks on the wall (something to do with the electricity wiring), hear a little bang on the ceiling once in a while, or hear the floor crack (it was originally wood, but my parents remodeled it by putting carpet over it) when someone is walking. I know it's not ghost or entity since I can hear my parents or brother walk out of their rooms to go to the kitchen or bathroom.

The only thing I was disappointed about was how quickly they moved to one thing to another. Like they should have explained their background a little more. like when Katie mentioned her house getting burned down, and what happen to her family anyways? what about the other girl they researched at the middle of the movie? I didn't hear carefully on what they said. All I go to say is that this could have been prevented if Micah didn't richard simmons off the demon so much.

Archived