Korean Netizens Are Not Happy With Jaebeom

Guest Ssaga_G

Guest tlatnwks

He should've stayed in the States, Korea doesn't need him anyways. >_>

EDIT: LMAO @ the petition. If I were Korean, I would sign that.

Even if he's sorry, we never know if he still talks like that.

But I feel bad for the other guys from 2pm. Seriously.

i would comment on this but if you want to say things like that about someone you dont even know, then go ahead. because what you're doing now is so much better.

honestly people. get on with your lives.

i wish i could just tell netizens to find something to do.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest damifino

What kind of mentality is that? Should we deport cheesy richard simmons pop acts like BoA and Wonder Girls?

Should all Korean artists stop promoting in other foreign countries?

If foreigners aren't wanted in Korea then keep your damn artists out of foreign countries.

Think before you speak you worthless putz.

Korean netizens, just... ugh. Can I contact that person? lol

Well, when BoA and Wonder Girls start writing that they hate Americans on their blogs, then let's talk... Do you think American netizens would react any different to such comments? I can see "go back to where you came from" being the first things out of people's mouths.

While some might be taking things way too seriously, most Korean netizens JUST found out about this (even if it was written back in 2005 and 2007) and they have a right to be angry (how would you feel if someone came to your country and was enjoying all the benefits of your country, but you found out that they hated you and your country?). Just because he apologized doesn't make everything disappear as if it never happened. He and his fans have to give it some time for things to die down. All the badmouthing of Korean netizens and whitewashing of Jaebum's comments as if they were no big deal isn't helping matters.

I'm surprised that this is such a huge topic on Soompi when the photoshopped nude photos of a girl group member which has been all over the Korean internet and news for the past few days isn't even getting a mention :ph34r:

Wow, korean netz are freakin ridiculous, literally. They need to take a chill pill and kick back for a second and think. From his point of view, think about going to a different country, knowing you're training for a career you don't even know when you're going to debut or how long you're going to train, and you know no one, and there's a huge language barrier between you and the person you want to connect with but can't. It's hard, real hard.

Also, I'm all for being patriotic for ones country but there is a fine line between patriotic and ignorant. And with all these hate response and petition that is flying around, they seem to cross it in my eyes.

Edit: Oh, and the fact that Nick and Taec are in the discussion of kicking them out is the reason for my last paragraph.

hold on there.

there are people who say JaeBum should get deported;

there are also people who believe that Obama is a Nazi.

see where I'm getting at?

trolls want you to get mad, thats why they say retarded things; and looks like they won this round.

Yeah I don't care. If I come across that troll, I would like to break my foot off in his richard simmons.

And I'm ok with that.

Lol, I feel so defeated right now ;)

Guest splendidlure

I get that they're mad at Jaebum's comments, but it's so ridiculous for them to put blame of Jaebum's mistakes on Nick Khun and Taec yeon. Both Nick and Taec are completely innocent.

Well, when BoA and Wonder Girls start writing that they hate Americans on their blogs, then let's talk... Do you think American netizens would react any different to such comments? I can see "go back to where you came from" being the first things out of people's mouths.

Where do you see Taec, Khun and any other foreign artist living in Korea writing "I hate Korea"?

I'm surprised that this is such a huge topic on Soompi when the photoshopped nude photos of a girl group member which has been all over the Korean internet and news for the past few days isn't even getting a mention ph34r.gif

Oh, could you please point me in that direction?

Thank you.

Guest damifino

Where do you see Taec, Khun and any other foreign artist living in Korea writing "I hate Korea"?

Oh, could you please point me in that direction?

Thank you.

That's just "guilt by association." If someone from Wonder Girls said something to the affect "I hate America" then folks would want ALL of the Wonder Girls to leave, not just the one girl. Not saying that it's right, just that that's how people react when their country is put down by foreigners... or worse yet, their own countrymen who was born and raised elsewhere as in Jaebum's case.

It's all the "Miss Y," "top star Miss Y," "Popular group member Miss Y," etc. posts on the Korean search engines for the past few days. If you check out the blogs, you can find out easily who that Miss Y is and even find the nude photo of the girl in a motel.. or at least you could a few days ago. Now most of the posts seem to be deleted. Initially people were wondering if it was real or not, but her company is insisting it's photoshopped and that they will pursue legal action.

JYPE Staff speaks up

Hello,

This is JYPE.

First off, we know that many fans may have felt betrayed or disappointed by the comments made from 2PM Jaebum’s Myspace which we truly apologize for.

As the topic dispersed today (September 5th) in the morning, all members of 2PM with Jaebum had a long talk. Of course, we discussed many things of their trainee days, but today we spoke more truthfully and we were able to distinguish that Jaebum did not have the heart of hating Koreans but rather feel resent towards his situation he was placed in along with the circumstances in which he expressed himself in a senseless manner.

For the betrayal and disappointment you may all feel towards the artist, we cannot change anything for that matter. However, Jaebum from how he portrayed himself when he was younger, he reflected upon his mistakes and vowed to never repeat that mistake ever again. We ask that you give him another chance.

Of fans and everyone else, we ask that you’d still look forward to Jaebum as he pushes aside his foolish days thrives as a successful, improved singer.

As models and guidances, we apologize for not working on our behalf to lead the many young trainees in our company. We will build ourselves into a more practical, stronger system that will not disappoint many of you as we work with our trainees to when they become celebrities. We will work our bones and persevere.

Once again, we bow our heads in apology.

Sincerely,

JYPE Staff

CREDITS: HOTTEST FANCAFE (SOURCE), JIONE. @ 2OD (TRANS)

That's just "guilt by association." If someone from Wonder Girls said something to the affect "I hate America" then folks would want ALL of the Wonder Girls to leave, not just the one girl. Not saying that it's right, just that that's how people react when their country is put down by foreigners... or worse yet, their own countrymen who was born and raised elsewhere as in Jaebum's case.

"Guilty by association" isn't sufficient enough.

"producers should immediately stop promoting foreigner entertainers. they only succeeded here because they don't have a chance in hell in america"

The boys from 2PM aren't the only foreigners in Korea. You have to also take that into account.

It's all the "Miss Y," "top star Miss Y," "Popular group member Miss Y," etc. posts on the Korean search engines for the past few days. If you check out the blogs, you can find out easily who that Miss Y is and even find the nude photo of the girl in a model. Initially people were wondering if it was real or not, but her company is insisting it's photoshopped and that they will pursue legal action.

Not Korean. Won't get very far on any Korean sites.

Oh, well. Thanks anyway.

ok kicking him out of the country, that's pushing it waayy too far.

like everyone said he was young, and you can't take his context literally

his friend probably asked "how's training in korea," and he just responded to his tough situtation by saying that it's "gay.."

it's like if someone asked me, "how's studying for your chemistry final"

i might say "it's gay" cuz it's really hard and it frustrating having to study so much...

anyhoo i guess this is just one of the consequences of being a celeb and exposing things such as myspace.

I agree, that is the natural reaction that most people would feel if that we're to ever happen. But as other poster have mentioned and argue for jay's sake, he's young and didn't know any better. People also need to know the other person story for the reason that they said what they said. Sure it's bitter to hear that about your country but we need to open our ears and listen. Personally, I say that sucks, but I also want to know why. Let me hear the reason before my judgment on that person. Which is something the korean netz aren't giving jay the opportunity of.

Guest squeaky

anyways, this is always how it's gonna be for koreans.

koreans in korea think that korean americans are twinkies.

korean americans think that koreans in korea are fobs.

but koreans in korea kind of want to be like korean americans, to the extent of being exposed to western culture and knowing how to speak english. but then they still keep that korean mentality.

korean americans kind of want to be like koreans in korea, when they shiba or whatever at school because they want to talk crap about non koreans. but then they don't want to associate themselves with the korean/fobby stereotype.

it's just a mutual putdown.

the fact that most koreans in korea don't understand the slang that jay was using kind of twists this situation around...and honestly, he's not the only one that i've heard say that kind of stuff about korea if they're korean american.

Guest jaejoong.ro02

Jay badly needs international support. If you guys are against the petition in Korea, you should make your own petition too.. LMAO: "SAY NO TO KOREA!!" LMAO... But without Korea, there's no 2pm. There's no Jay in this world.

FANGIRLS. Forgive Jay if you want but don't bash Korean netizens. They all have the right to get mad. They are humans too like JAY. Who knows? After 4 years they'll regret whatever bad things they have said about him. LMAOOO.

Then after 4 years, Jay will forgive them too. QUITS. :P

Guest SweetSerein

Oh woww..im not shock at all. its sooo typical for Americans to speak like that...gay is like "stupid". we use it all the time. =( poor baby jae..i still love u lots. and besides, asian americans arent sooooo i dunno..close like koreans. sometimes when 2pm and 2am does so weird/ "gay" stuff..he does get alittle..i dunno..weird about. cause its different. many asians in the US arent so close to each other to act like that. but i guess Korea's different. they just gotta have to hate on our jae. its okayyy. =)

Guest iiidroolmm

Even though I think his comments were inappropriate, I think petitioning to kick him out of the country is a bit much.

I find this absolutely ridiculous. That honestly pisses me off.

What kind of mentality is that? Should we deport cheesy richard simmons pop acts like BoA and Wonder Girls?

Should all Korean artists stop promoting in other foreign countries?

If foreigners aren't wanted in Korea then keep your damn artists out of foreign countries.

Think before you speak you worthless putz.

Korean netizens, just... ugh. Can I contact that person? lol

edit*

does anyone have a daum.net account I can borrow?

I have a few choice words for Korean netizens.

I totally agree with you on this.

Guest meowmeow723

I think everyone needs to take a chill pill here too.

Not every Korean netizens are saying Jaebum needs to be kicked out or take out the foreign entertainers in Korea, etc.

Some feel sympathetic and agrees that the thing was written 4 years ago when he was a teen.

And most peopl i think feel dissapointed more from what i am reading.

Archived