Arashi's Latest Album #1 In The Global Album Charts ! 1 Million Copies In 13(14 Japan) Days&

Guest xnanairodays

Guest xnanairodays

Arashi's 5x10 All the Best of 1999-2009

arashi-believe_cover1.jpg

duetjuly.jpg

duetjuly2.jpg

011.jpg

nanaarashicd.jpg

nanaarashi01.jpg

nanaarashi02.jpg

nanaarashi12alltogether.jpg

(last four photos are mine from my blog, you can read more about it at http://electrohime-nana.blogspot.com)

Popular Japan Idol Group of JE, Arashi's album 5x10 BEST of 1999-2009 is now number 1 on Global Album Charts

selling 753,00 in only 1 week of the release of their album, beating many popular musicians around the world.

A world record since it usually takes many many weeks to sell this much.

They sold 500,000+ in 3 days and are expected to reach 1000000 in a matter of days or couple weeks which usually take even international musicians months.

here is the top 10 :

1. Arashi - All the BEST! 1999-2009 = 753.000

2. Michael Jackson - Thriller (25th Anniversary Reissue) = 122.000 in

3. Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D. = 120.000

4. Michael Jackson - Number Ones = 107.000

5. Reba McEntire - Keep On Loving You = 100.000

6. Michael Jackson - The Essential = 98.000

7. Michael Jackson - Bad = 78.000

8. Lady GaGa - The Fame = 76.000

9. Kings Of Leon - Only By The Night = 75.000

10. Soundtrack - Hannah Montana: The Movie = 70.000

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

EDIT:

My corrections the infromation above was updated August 27 as of today the 29 ,

Arashi is ALREADY on the 800,000+ mark almost 900,000. Just a little more till 1000000 !!!! It's only been 10 days since the release of their album August 19.

EDIT AGAIN: they are now on the 900k mark 11 days(12 days in Japan).

EDIT AGAIN: News clip(credit to youtuber who uploaded, thank god i found a clip of one of the news programs that reported it on youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxvy2hLfLBQ

986,000 now in 12 days(13 in Japan) ! Just a little more till 1 millionnnnnnnnn !

ARASHI HAS FINALLY REACHED 1 MILLION COPIES in 13 days (14 Japan) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ordered a cake to celebrate tonight for 1 mil copies & Matsujun's birthday :D

Once Again congratulations to Arashi.

It's gonna keep going from here ;D~~~!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arashi is certainly causing a STORM around the world !

I'm so proud of them :)

my family bought the album (limited edition), and we already received our copy the other day!$ 60 totally worth it!

It's getting harder to get though :< Japan limited edition is no more? YOu can still get regular 2 cd version, A lot of people had to buy Taiwan/Korea version

Arashi fans hurryyyy~~ !!

The regular 2cd version comes with a special secret track ;D

They never cease to amaze me and make me fall in love with them more and more~

Arashi concert tour 10 years anniversary Kokuritsu & dome Concert has also started , tickets completely sold out since last week(like always)!

HAPPY 10 years and Congratulations to Japan's beloved Arashi!

Guest ANJEE<3

wonderful!!

i think they were the first jpop male group that i ever listened to back in the day when i was into jpop..

like 8 years ago? wow that seems like an extremely long time ago~

Guest Regina Rae

Is this true? I find it hard to believe. Arashi aren't even known all around the world. So, how could this be possible? D;

Guest xnanairodays

@Regina Rae:

It's true they arent very popular in America but they are very popular in Europe and many asian countries.

Aside from being a popular idol group in Japan, the group is known across Asia and to J-pop fans all over the world.

You dont have to believe me but this this information has been reported a lot of places and in the news in Japan as well, so im not making it up. You could look it up yourself if you like :)

You may not know but Arashi was number 3 last year. Probably not people you know, your frieneds, family, but there are many. Who do you think are buying their albums? They even released Korea and Taiwan Version a few days ago.

This is not year end chart though so we'll see by the end of the year whose number 1 global.

But im very proud of Arashi representing Asia and to have made a record .

There are actually more Arashi fans than you may think.

Arashi has been 1 consecutively on Oricon charts recently, and they're the highest selling group in Asia .

They always perform in the biggest stadiums with visitors from around the globe who come to Japan just to watch their concert for a day or two , they also do asia tours.

Arashi has also had many Television shows in Japan -Mayonaka Arashi, C no Arashi, Nama Arashi, D no Arashi,

Arashi no Waza-ari, Mago Mago Arashi, G no Arashi, Arashi no Shukidai-kun, Golden rush Arashi, Himitsu no Arashi-chan and VS Arashi.

They are Japan's most well know and popular group. I dont think there is anyone in Japan who doesnt know Arashi since they are popular with everyone, young to old, preschool students to grandmothers/grandfathers, comedians, salary men, hischool students, housewives, gyarus you name it.

They're faces are plastered all over Japan, billboards, posters etc.

They're music is constantly playing on the radio and almost every store you go into, Sakurai does News ZERO plus the commercials.

They've had television shows where they become grandchildren for old people who dont have grandkids so they need help or they're grandkids dont visit,

they also had a show where they took care(babysit) children for a day so that the parents can go on rest/date.

All the members are active in Dramas that has been watched around the world including Matsumoto Jun's HANA YORI DANGO. Ninomiya Kazunari

was the lead actor in Hollywood movie LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA directed by Clint Eastwood which came out 2006 and the movies was 1 amongst many critics' top ten lists of the best films of 2006. Sakurai Sho's movie Yatterman 2009 was also very successful and was Premiered in America.

Members have been in so many drams that got popular among drama lovers in Asia and other non-asian but asian drama lovers.

Arashi is not well known here in America i believe because there arent as many Japanese people (im mixed) to popularize it here , but THERE are many fans .

Im just informing you, i hope you're not offended and i dont sound rude ~ im not some crazy fan girl.. Just giving you the facts, since you dont seem to know.

Arashi is Japan's most beloved boy group.

Guest jaejoong.ro02

They are very popular in Japan right now. They can sell 1M with the support of Japan alone. Them being #1 is mainly because of Japan. And it's their 10th year. Congrats arashi!

Is this true? I find it hard to believe. Arashi aren't even known all around the world. So, how could this be possible? D;

emm..wow..that mean u can only sell that much if u are known all around the world then..

arashi had been around for 10 years now..

they might not go n promote like crazy outside japan..

but they have loyal fans in each part of the world who support them..

Guest ace4va111

that's really awesome! CONGRATS TO THE GUYS!!! somehow i find myself not overtly surprised though, the guys have for the long time i believe an enormous fanbase that's growing by the day, and these are the fans that are super loyal and buying ones as well! ^__^

Guest happipplrock

it doesnt matter if their not known all around the world. japan has the 2nd largest music industry in the world only behind US.

so they can easily sell that much just in japan(:

Guest spfork

Yay for them!! This makes me so happy :)

And also makes me want to buy the album.

What a way to kick off their 10th anniversary ^^

Guest last love.

DANG. That's quite the milestone. Way to go, Arashi! :] I remember I used to love them, before I got into Kpop. Good to see that they're still stronger than ever.

Guest unknown.

Congratulations to them ♥

This isn't much of a surprise since they're really popular in Japan.

I love them, especially on variety shows. They always seem genuine and are not afraid to do crazy things. haha

Aside from that, I think they are great entertainers. Their solo projects (dramas, Sho's newscasting, etc) get good responses and they do good in those. And they're from Johnny's, a very influential entertainment company.

I want the album too :c ARASHI♥

Guest sabchy

Im not really a fan of them but congrats to them

they are really popular in Japan. When I was in Tokyo no matter who I talked to , if it was 24 year old girl or 35 year old married guy.. they had one thing in common. they liked arashi

honestly everyone loves them there

so I bet they can reach 1 million soon XD

Guest lovebum4life

For Japan/Korea/etc, that's big. For America, not really.

For first week sales that is a lot in America I mean Taylor Swift's first week sales were only around 500K and now it's the best selling album of the year. Granted it sold 3 million so far but just talking about first week sales Arashi's 700K would be a lot here.

America's the number 1 music industry in the world so I don't think one can compare anyting with america but Japan's the number 2 industry in the world(I'm guessing the UK is number 3 but I'm not sure) so you also can't compare Japan's sales w/Korea's sales either :)

Amazing.

I've heard about this news from my cousin too who's soo crazzy about Arashi. She's asking me to purchase this album too. LOL. But I'm more on NEWS's side. :P

and yea like ElectroHime said, although they might not that popular in North America and to "you" but they really are in Asia and other parts of the world. LOL who else would buy 900K copies other than the fans themselves. Fans just love them so much and support them all the way. Congrats Arashi.

Guest xnanairodays

btw, It's Matsumoto Jun's birthday right now .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATSUJUN♥

duetjuly4.jpg

ps. clips of the concert are up on youtube.

They are on the 900k mark now in 11 days!

Archived