Help! My Boyfriend's Parents Are Crazy

Guest lilimac

Guest lilimac

princesssleenie: omg. thats why i can't let them keep going at this, im not giving up and im not letting them take control of me , ever. I know theres worse situations out there than my own. and i hope you get out of yours ! :(

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest akanelove

I think you should leave the other girl alone. She hasn't done anything wrong in this situation and scaring her off or being mean to her is only going to make you look bad, which will give your boyfriend's parents a reason to dislike you even more. I think you and your bf should be upfront and honest to the other girl and his parents that you are still together and want to remain a couple. Try to have a heart-to heart with his parents to see if you guys can reach some sort of understanding and possibly resolve your issues. Be respectful towards them but at the same time be clear that you are a big part of their son's life and that your feelings for him are genuine. I think you just don't fit the mold of the girl they had in mind for their son which isn't your fault but it puts you in a challenging position. You can't force them to like you but you can show them that the bad impression they have of you is not true and hopefully they will warm up to you with time.

My cousin went through a similar situation a few years ago with his then girlfriend. My uncle and aunt hated her because she wasn't Chinese and already had a child with another man. The girl, when we got to know her was really nice, smart, hardworking, responsible and a great mother. Despite their objections, my cousin persisted and stayed with her and eventually my uncle and aunt got to know her, realized she wasn't the bad person they made her out to be and accepted her. They grew to love her and now she and my cousin are married. So, you never know, things may change and turn around for you too. Good luck!

Guest lilimac

Thats exactly what i wanted to do all along, but while we were "dating" his parents complained to him about me being over, they hated my company,and i really dont want to be somewhere that i'm not wanted. Compromising, i think at this point would be futile.. since they wont even listen to their own son. Theyre highly suspicious and they don't admit to their wrongs. I met them and had about an hour and a half talk with them. It wasnt really a talk because it felt like they were interrogating me.. everytime im over there, its like they dont want me there.

If i cant them to even want to listen to me, how can it work? At this moment, im just going to be waiting it out, till my boyfriend and i can support ourselves, he'll be moving out next year, HOPEFULLLY, if they let him.. and maybe then we can finally be off their grasp.

Guest lovesicles

what the hell.

you're dating him, not his parents.

sure, his parent's opinions matter, but not.. that much. lol.

if you guys are truly in love, then it shouldn't matter too much what his parents say.

i mean, he's not gonna be living with his parents forever.

and well. his parents hardly even know you.

and that's rude of them to be so judgemental towards someone they barely know.

and don't do anything to the girl.

i'm sure she doesn't even know the situation.

your boyfriend should just tell her what's up.

"i already have a girlfriend and i'm not interested in seeing anyone else."

blah blah.

Guest lilimac

the thing is that his parents make themselves a part of his life, if they discover that i'm acutally dating him still, they'll make it so we cant see eachother.

it doesnt matter to me what his parents say, and he doesnt care either, but they are really trying to keep us away from eachother. Theyre checking his phone calls on the bills to see if hes called me or recieved my call, so thats why he bought another phone to talk to me , they constantly just barge in his room to see whos he talking to or what hes doing. They are constantly hovering over him and they wont give him any peace, no matter what he says , about how crazy they are. Hes 17 and they expect him home at 9, its ridiculous, They text him every hour to see what hes doing and then make him go home immediately.

i want their approval, SO BADLY, that i was willing to do anything. Its a hopeless attempt btw..

and yeah, im not planning on doing anything to her, i wont even confront her about anything. :)

its also ridiculous that his parents LIKE HER MORE THAN THEY LIKE ME, and THEY WEREN'T even sure what her name was. They were like "i think her name was Lillian or something" while theyre saying she was so smart and pretty and nice. All she had to do was wave to them when they came to her workplace and see them at church every few sundays.

Guest Veeneee

Ive seen crazy parents in the past, especially mothers that make their son go home at 3pm IN THE AFTERNOON. to focus more on his studies, not allowed to hang out with friends.. i had to become his fake chem teacher and pretend to be tutoring him.. so that he had an excuse to stay out after school and go on dates with me.. it was annoying, i wasn't allowed to talk to him on the phone or computer. but yea, he tried to rebel but got his psp and his cellphone taken away. threatened to send him to another school etc. worst of all is, the way to get his mother to shutup was to get rid of me :(

but im glad thats over.. i now have a loving bf and parents who sends me little candies and gifts every few months and wishes that i chat with them more often on webcam. strange, i know,,

your boyfriends mother is just very very overprotective of her son, almost to the point, this is like an arranged marriage, because she is afraid her son might turn bad or have a unhappy life, but doesnt realize shes the one making him unhappy. but it is really up to you, if you can put up with this, can you live with her as a "mother in law" if maybe you and your boyfriend do marry. i dont know why that church girl even wants to see your boyfriend, maybe its some stupid agreement her parents made too. whatever it is, i do wish you the best, don;t let them ruin your life.

-- not sure if its based on religion, i guess they think the church girl is

raised better because she grew up in a good environment,.

Guest lilimac

WOW veenee, i seriously can connect with what youre saying, his parents threatened to send him to a boys school for bad boys because he was "bad" and "rude"... and did you know, (since we faked a break up for his parents) that after his parents found out we broke up, they were SO NICE TO HIM and his mom came in to kiss him and all this after that, they were the nicest ever to them.....they stopped bugging him , stopped making him come home early, stopped all their crap.... its horrible..

and they judged me on every little thing i did, they assumed my parents were bad, because they occassionally attend parties, and this and that, they have such horrible judgment and they think that their always right, and everyone else is wrong.

and trust me, i would never let them get to me, or change me in anyway :)

Guest c0lap1nada

Seriously.. it seems like it's just Christianity/Catholics who always have grudges against other religions. So damn annoying.

Someone please tell me why I'm a baptized Catholic again.

Archived