[THE OFFICIAL] Gdragon G-드래곤 G-Dragon Thread

Guest the7REAL.

Guest universe

haha its amazing how Heartbreaker is doing sooo well. its such an "old" song, yet it manages to top charts. that's our GD haha.

thanks for the scans of the CD!! the packaging is sick. i actually like it alot more than the Heartbreaker album haha. coz that's kinda creepy, though very unique. the artwork is amazing!! and the quality is so good. YG never shortchange us :D glad i decided to place an order for it. i'm so broke now, but i'm happy that my money is going to charity.

• Replies 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

woooot~ YG Family rocking at JS party~! they must having a good time..

I just have this silly thoughts why Ri didnt come along.. LOL

he always with Ji where ever he goes.. Opening party etc..kekeke

gosh, those photobook is tempting~~!! I'm currently saving money

for Big Show DVD, SAL DVD and of course Big Bang comeback album~!

Heartbreaker is doing well on chart~! I'm so proud..

and to think that all the incomes from that will be for charity

makes me wanna hug Ji like crazy~~!! hahahaha..

dont kill me people.. I just love him~~! :P

Guest vetrina

waaaaaaah! you guys are the BEST!!! Ji Yong looks sooo damn cute in those Jeremy Scott after party pics! so CUTE!!! I'm spazzing right now! He looks like cute highschooler (2nd pic) who just got off his bed and went partying!

This just makes my day!

GD at the JS party

xingd210.jpg

gdxin110.jpg

credit: cyworld + ciel of SD-Kingdom

thank you for GDs Shine a Light scans

what an awesome CD again from GD

he is a very creative man

the pics are awesome

Guest naturalhonee

Verse 2

Hey I know everybody aint perfect

Baby what did I do to deserve this

No way, you're making me nervous

I can't afford to be climbing your circus

Like why did I open the curtain

Gave you my heart when I should've been certain

Knew I was allergic, I need a surgeon

Tryin' to be another person

This wasn't part of the plan

Leaving each other I don't understand

More than your lover, your permanent man

Won't be another that can do what I can

Right on the double I gave you my hand

But for the trouble why do it again

I cannot juggle just being your friend

After this trouble my heart needs a mend (a mend, a mend, a mend)

does anyone know who wrote the flo rida verse?

GD has written english lyrics for a lot of songs,

but i personally don't think he's good enough (at english) to come up with a verse like this.

the rhyme + flow + metaphorical/symbolic words...it all comes together so well.

if GD did write all of it, i'd be way too impressed with him!!

V

yeah i don't doubt that GD wrote his own parts...i was just asking about this particular english verse.

the reference to "surgeon" made me wonder whether flo rida's part came from within YG (the whole medical concept), but perhaps they explained it all to flo rida's lyricist.

Guest yaoming11

does anyone know who wrote the flo rida verse?

GD has written english lyrics for a lot of songs,

but i personally don't think he's good enough (at english) to come up with a verse like this.

the rhyme + flow + metaphorical/symbolic words...it all comes together so well.

if GD did write all of it, i'd be way too impressed with him!!

l think rappers usually write their own lyrics. As talented as GD is he definitely didn't write that. Flo Rida or Flo's lyricist probably came up with it. I'm sure GD wrote the lyrics for his own part.

{TRANS} Shine A Light Photobook Pages 192~271

th_j98sw3.jpg

When we arrived at the stadium to get ready for rehearsals, Jiyong ran his eyes over the empty seats and was silent as he went around the insides of the concert hall.

Even I feel almost lonely looking at the empty concert hall. I wonder what Jiyong’s thinking at the moment?

th_1zbgnx0.jpg

As soon as he’s given the chance to have a short break, Jiyong lies down on the spot. He raps while flailing his legs like a cranky little kid.

“When I don’t have any money, I go home and sizzle myself a bindaeddeok.” [Korean mung-bean pancake]

The mic in Jiyong’s hands has been custom-made (?) to fit the concert’s main colours of red and white. Engineer Kyeongjoon went and bought the materials and made it himself to fulfill Jiyong’s request. It’s really one of a kind.

th_zix8p3.jpg

The atmosphere suddenly becomes cold. The look on G-Dragon’s face says a lot as he watches the rehearsal video.

Though everything seems perfect from an outsider’s point of view, not even the tiniest flaws escape G-Dragon’s eagle eyes.

Everyone watches G-Dragon in silence, waiting and wondering what it is that’s gone wrong. As G-Dragon points them out one by one and explains how to fix them, even I flinch like a student being told off by a teacher.

Though I know I don’t really have the right to say this as an outsider, it’ll probably actually only make 1 or 2 seconds’ difference. It’s both surprising and scary that he notices and checks all these tiny things. He really isn’t called a ‘crazy perfectionist’ for nothing.

“Of course it would be difficult, but as long as it’s possible I would like to get absolutely everything perfect. Everything......”

th_ehgqzc.jpg

His face was expressionless so I was kind of worried that maybe he wasn’t happy about something, but suddenly he cracks up and falls to the ground laughing after looking at the huge screen.

What is it that’s making him laugh so hard?

He looks just like a mischievous little kid. It really makes me wonder if it’s the same expressionless person who was monotonously pointing out problems a couple of seconds ago.

I look at the big screen, wondering what it is he saw. And I see a video of a young Jiyong enthusiastically rapping (you can’t understand much of what he’s saying but yes, he’s still rapping) to ‘Angel with Lost Wings’.

He laughs while watching his younger self, then covers his face with both his hands bashfully before flopping to the ground as if he can’t bear the embarrassment.

He does seem pretty embarrassed.

G-Dragon looks a little flustered after all that laughing, and he asks between giggles:

“How did they even find that? Wow, seriously, how did they find that?”

I wonder. It looks like it’s from over 10 years ago so I’m pretty curious as to how they found it as well. In the video, someone kindly asks him:

“What do you want to become when you grow up, young Jiyong?

Then Jiyong, holding the mic that’s half the size of his face tightly with his two hands, answers in a bright, clear voice:

“Someone who’s good at rapping………….”

I see you’ve accomplished that dream already, young Jiyong!

th_10xv6vk.jpg

Let’s take a second here to watch and compare the child Jiyong with the adult G-Dragon.

th_qo963o.jpg

“If I move from here to here like this, would it be too dangerous?”

“What about this then?”

“That’s ok too, but wouldn’t it be better to move this way?”

He checks the formations on stage, as well as lighting, sound, video and even special effects…….

We see Jiyong continuously talking to the directors of each team in order to create a better performance.

Out of all the countless questions and answers being thrown around, there was one that really stood out and made me stare at Jiyong for a while:

“But if we do it like that, don’t you think the fans on this side wouldn’t be able to see very well?”

Seeing his concern for all his fans was the most impressive thing of all.

Though I’m sure he’s doing it for himself as well, seeing him put his loving fans first was truly more impressive than anything else.

th_qx4h1k.jpg

Around about when the rehearsal was nearing an end, we see Jiyong way over there with a serious look on his face. Seeing him sitting there, silently staring at the stage makes me feel a surge of pride and almost pity at the same time.

I know he would’ve had one of the hardest times managing this concert, but he never once let it show and instead always encouraged and cheered on the other staff members. It was inspiring to see him act so much more mature than his age.

th_2gxr8yb.jpg

“Jiyong, do you want a 10 minute break?”

“No, I’m ok.”

Even after hours of rehearsing, Jiyong doesn’t seem tired at all.

Countless staff members are continuously putting in a lot of effort for Jiyong’s concert, and Jiyong himself is also probably having a hard time having to decide and prepare everything on his own too. As G-Dragon alone, not as one of five members of Big Bang.

I wonder what it’s like to stand alone on stage in front of over ten thousand people.

Not with the other four members like he has until now, but really, I wonder what it feels like to perform alone on such a huge stage.

I snuck on stage next to Jiyong, who was busy discussing something with the staff. I faced where the audience would be, then found myself running back down from the stage not even a minute later.

It’s impossible for me to imagine it.

I suddenly have a new found respect for Jiyong, standing tall up there on stage.

Jiyong, you said you were shy……That was all a lie, wasn’t it.

th_xnaivt.jpg

Because the rehearsal’s been going late into the night, a lot of the staff are starting to look tired.

I mean, I’ve just been sitting here comfortably watching everyone else work, and even I feel tired. It makes me wonder how hard it must be for the others at the moment.

Then, we hear Jiyong’s strong voice.

“Come on, everyone! Keep it up, we’re almost done! Thanks for everything!”

Everyone chuckles at his subtle cuteness and goes on working hard as if they’d never gotten tired in the first place.

If you smile and say stuff like that, noone will ever be able to complain, Jiyong.

th_f3axq8.jpg

Tada! A pleasantly familiar face appears. It’s Se7en, looking hot as ever.

“What’s it like to take part in Jiyong’s solo concert?”

“I’ve known him since he was a young trainee and watched him grow into Big Bang’s G-Dragon, and he’s a dongsaeng that means a lot to me so I’m really happy and proud to be able to help him in his first solo concert!”

“You’ve know Jiyong for a long time, what kind of person is he??”

“Wow, it’s been over 10 years since I’ve known him. Even after debuting as Big Bang’s leader and now a solo artist, he always puts in the same amount of effort and is always trying to do something new. He’s a dongsaeng that has a lot of qualities to learn from.

th_20jl2e1.jpg

It suddenly becomes a little chaotic at the rehearsal site.

A bunch of girls rush inside, anticipation etched on their faces.

I hear they won some event and were given the chance to watch the rehearsal.

They look so excited, and they scream like no tomorrow when they see Jiyong rechecking formation on stage.

Jiyong hears them and runs off the stage to where they’re standing and greets all of them eye-to-eye.

The girls just stand there stamping their feet, at a total loss for words. It’s really cute.

“(In a worried tone) It’s really cold today, aye?”

“YESS!!”

“Everything you guys see today is a secret, okay!”

“(All together) OKAAY!!!!”

Jiyong continues rehearsing, standing where the fans can see him well.

Jiyong performing in front of his fans, who are all watching with a twinkle in their eyes, is probably the brightest I’ve ever seen him shining.

th_107uft2.jpg

Daesung and Seungri watch the final rehearsal. Their serious expressions make it seem like they feel even more nervous than Jiyong.

“What kind of person is Jiyong to you two?”

DS: “Hyung’s really thorough!! He always gives us a lot of advice so I learn a lot from him. And Jiyong hyung really is a Heartbreaker!! His solo activities were awesome, he’s an amazing artist who fans and the members including myself can always believe in!!!”

VI: “I think hyung’s a person who wants to experience a lot of different emotions in life. Whether it be happiness, sadness, or anything else…

But though it may not seem like it, I think he’s really lonely. And rather than pure charisma like he is when he’s G-Dragon, he’s a person who likes making people laugh, making them happy…

And he likes being different to others in everything he does.

He has incredible leadership skills and he seems like a veteran in every way. Maybe it’s because he was a trainee for so long. He’s a hyung that I can always learn so much from.”

th_35btcah.jpg

“No matter what anyone says, passion never lies.

That’s what Shine A Light is.”

Scans by: DaragonHideout

Translated by: sjay.x @ BBVIP

【INFO】BIGBANG & G-Dragon Nominated for 3 Categories in

「MTV WORLD STAGE VMAJ 2010」

yoyogi.jpg

MTVWORLDSTAGEVMAJ2010.jpg

The 9th 「MTV WORLD STAGE VMAJ 2010」 aka VMAJ 「VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS JAPAN」 has announced this year's 15 categories nominations and BIGBANG's got a chance to rub shoulders with many of Japan and International's heavyweight artists from around the globe like Koda Kumi,Taylor Swift,P!NK,Beyonce and TaeYang's favorite,Shimizu Shota, in these 3 categories as follows:

[best New Artist Video]

Mao Abe "いつの日も" (大喜多 正毅)

BIGBANG "ガラガラ GO!!" (Hyun-Seung Seo)

KERI HILSON "Knock You Down feat. NE-YO & KANYE WEST" (Chris Robinson)

TAYLOR SWIFT "You Belong with Me" (Roman White)

the telephones "Monkey Discooooooo" (スミス)

[best Pop Video]

BIGBANG "声をきかせて" (Yong Yi)

いきものがかり "YELL" (Miki Takahiro)

Koda Kumi "Lick me?" (Shigeaki Kubo)

LEONA LEWIS "Happy" (Jake Nava)

P!NK "Please Don't Leave Me" (Derek Roberto)

[best Collaboration Video]

BEYONCE "Video Phone feat. LADY GAGA" (Hype Williams)

JAY-Z "Empire State of Mind feat. ALICIA KEYS" (Hype Williams)

JUJU with JAY'ED "明日がくるなら" (Usui Hiroshi)

Kato Miriya×Shimizu Shota "Love Forever" (Noda Tomoo)

w-inds. × G-DRAGON(BIGBANG) "Rain Is Fallin'" (Sadahiro Sonoda×stereo eye)

The event will be held at Yoyogi National Gymnasium,Tokyo on the day before 「MTV LIVE 05.30.10」 on May 29,2010 at 18:00 onwards.Please support the oppas for their great music and work!We hope you'll all be there for them!BIGBANG FTW!!

Via 「MTV WORLD STAGE VMAJ 2010」

C: TeamBIGBANG@blogspot

Guest missARROGANT

G-DRAGON Shine A Light Concert Part II

shinealighty.jpg

공연 개요

● 공연명: G-DRAGON CONCERT [shine a Light two]

● 일 시: 2010417일(토) 오후 7시 / 418일 (일) 오후 6시

● 장 소: 올림픽공원 안마경기장

● 티켓가: 전석88,000원 (부가세 포함)

● 주최/주관: ㈜ Yz엔터테인먼트

● 협 찬: 18번가

★ 티켓오픈 안내 ★

● 예매처: 18번가 단독 (http://www.18st.co.kr/)

● 예매 오픈일:

- 2010년 4월 17일 (토) 오후7시 1회 공연 오픈일 <2010년 4월 1일 (목) 저녁8시>

- 2010년 4월 18일 (일) 오후6시 2회 공연 오픈일 <2009년 4월 2일 (금) 저녁8시>

Are you ready for GD's concert part 2 ?

Happy April's Fool Day

:lol::lol::lol:

I was just fooled for a second. Do you?

Taken out from DCGD..they are so funny lol

edit:

OMGGGG...I can't believe I was fooled twice within 10 mins..

Visit there if you want to know the fool .... http://www.gd-880818.com/

Geeze :angry:

gaho_pretty.jpg

Is it GAHO? His wrinkles are so beautiful.. I want to hold him :lol:

credit: dcgd

^

OMO, his getting chubbier~~

that is so CUTE~~~!! and those shading

really makes Gaho looks so beautiful~~!

the lights help alot in highlighting his lovely wrinkles~~

LOL, what am I saying~~ hahahaha :lol:

Happy April Fools Day guys~~

and Happy Birthday to me~~ kekekeke :P

V

Thanks Thuy~~ <3

Guest shinhdeplol

^^ Is it Gaho? He looks so different.or maybe its because of the ligthing???

^ HBD to you ^^

The album is selling quite well yayy. Now all I want is Jiyong guesting @ Florida's concert :D

And LOL @ GD-880818 being VI-901212 now :lol:

f49dc701c83c38394afb515.th.jpgf4e0ec74938e2f2db151b92.th.jpgec0d49306bd477ce1b4cff5.th.jpg

d9b2c8b28a82d5620823025.th.jpgb6c08eec609bd700adafd55.th.jpgb3c51bdccd2757254854035.th.jpg1528938ba5a51ba2a5c2722.th.jpg85653ef7cc47feeff3d3855.th.jpg

77727f2a14617cc898250a5.th.jpg20828b18ad8661ccae51335.th.jpg07675cdbf3a82d0332fa1c5.th.jpg3474aec728d7df9f8326ac5.th.jpg2629e83749112e81d1a2d35.th.jpg

1383b51c02a6b1c3e1fe0b5.th.jpg57cf49f7253757d97709d72.th.jpg054b8affbd8c16b4b801a02.th.jpg51e5913cf50c38f47c1e715.th.jpg33e2c957a2776c293b29352.th.jpg

0029aefbf4dbcd39d8f9fd5.th.jpg20eb8c1421a4fb3fc83d6d2.th.jpg5a39134dd4cd4d3fb2de055.th.jpg2a269410e36b1e345baf532.th.jpg2a0398c72b481dfd38db495.th.jpg

C: DCGD // 胖子nee @ baidu

Guest WintersRain

{TRANS} Shine A Light Photobook Pages 192~271

“But if we do it like that, don’t you think the fans on this side wouldn’t be able to see very well?”

Jiyong, you said you were shy……That was all a lie, wasn’t it.

VI: “I think hyung’s a person who wants to experience a lot of different emotions in life. Whether it be happiness, sadness, or anything else…

But though it may not seem like it, I think he’s really lonely. And rather than pure charisma like he is when he’s G-Dragon, he’s a person who likes making people laugh, making them happy…

And he likes being different to others in everything he does.

He has incredible leadership skills and he seems like a veteran in every way. Maybe it’s because he was a trainee for so long. He’s a hyung that I can always learn so much from.”

th_35btcah.jpg

“No matter what anyone says, passion never lies.

That’s what Shine A Light is.”

Scans by: DaragonHideout

Translated by: sjay.x @ BBVIP

wow, thank you so much!!!! XD XD XD XD thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!! haha ^.^

i feel so touched everytime i read about or watch jiyong preparing the stages and stuff... because he really cares about giving his fans the best experience possible!!!! <33

haha, "you said you were shy" XD lol

and seungri had so much to say about jiyong o.O well, jiyong is the hyung that he "likes a lot", after.... haha XP

i felt sad reading that seungri feels like jiyong is lonely.... because sometimes i feel like he would be lonely too - always working so hard on his music... i think i just feel like when someone is that dedicated to what they do, and when they're that good at what they do, there's always gonna be loneliness, you know?

T.T now i feel depressed....

----

BRIGHTER NOTE!!!

HEARTBREAKER FT. FLO RIDA IS JUST AMAZING!! i wanted to spazz about it earlier... but something happened and i couldn't post anything on soompi for a while T.T so i'm a bit late... but i can't help it! it's just SO awesome!!!!!!! i thought jiyong would just give some of his parts to flo rida, have some new lyrics, etc., but he went and completely changed it!!! the new verse and bridge are just amazing!!!! XD

i really wanna buy his concert CD now... and his SAL live concert dvd too! and his concert book... and even the original CD too T.T my parents wouldn't let me buy anything before, but now i am determined to get it!!!

aaah, i can already feel my wallet getting lighter... and lighter... haha ^.^

------

anyone think it's possible that jiyong'll be at flo rida's concert?? cuz that would be so awesome!! i wanna hear him perform this live so bad!!! *crosses fingers*

Guest MidnightByul

“No matter what anyone says, passion never lies. That's what a Shining Light is"

^ Love that line. Descibes not only Jiyong but Big Bang to a T. =)

GD @ Jeremy scott's Party:

1351510012bf26ed5c3m3w3.jpg

source:highcut korea

credit:bbvipz

hehehe..he looks like a kid..cute<3333

(Hanteo)SAL CD sales:***all the money from the sales goes to charity***

sdfsdfsdfsd1.jpg

sfasfadsgsdgsdgdssdgsdg.jpg

source:hanteo

Daily Chart(04/01)***all the money from the sales goes to charity***

viewimageth.jpg

I know I'm late..but I really love the new version of Heartbreaker-Ft Flo-rida..it has a different feel from the original can't stop listening it..I played it for hours

It seems that they have a rap battle of who can rap faster..lol..the first time I listened to it..I was like phewh!..when GD finished his rapping..i don't think he takes a breath at all

Like you guys said..the other remixes are superb!..love all of them..choice37<33333

arghhh..the album cover is really cool!...can't wait to get my copy..but have to wait for the DVD first..T_T

thanks for the trans^^..I love GD to the MAX!

^ this is just the CD version, people are looking forward to buying the DVD more. so i think it is understandable if he number of CDs sold aren't that high

Daily Chart(04/01)***all the money from the sales goes to charity***

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6956/viewimageth.jpg

Chart names in order: melon, dosirak, mnet, bugs, soribada, cyworld

i wonder how the DVD packaging is going to look like.

Archived