Japanese Discussion 日本語の討論会

Guest putasmileon

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swt_blue_dragon

What's the difference between kore and kono, sore and sono, etc. Or is there even a difference...?

From what I learned, they mean the same thing except when there's "no" such as kono, you must have a noun after it.

Guest xtearscent

Hi everyone, my friends birthday is coming up and I really wanted to send something to her idol to request something!

But the only problem is that I really can't write Japanese so they won't know what I'm saying !

I wanted to translate this into japanese : (include romanization and japanese writing please! )

Dear : ___ .

On Nov. 8th it is my best friends birthday. She has been a loyal fan to you and (the band) since your debut. I am writing this to ask If you can  write to her at (name) and wish her a happy birthday. It will make her very happy! I wish I could give her this present from you. Please and thank you. 

If it's not the correct grammar or the correct saying in Japanese please fix it and tell me!

I just wanted to generalize something like this is all. It is for a Japanese band. I know there is a low percentage they would actually write to her, but I might as well try! 

Any help would be appreciated! I actually made the birth date up because I don't want her to see this. But I need this translation soon!

Please and thank you to any one who is willing to help! <3 <3 <3 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest str4wberri3s

Hi guys,

I bought this cleanser but everything's in Japanese so I was wondering if anyone can translate and let me know how I'm supposed to use this and if it says anything about sensitive skin / shelf life?

Thanks so much! (:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/litoxalice/DSC05517.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/litoxalice/DSC05519.jpg

Sorry, the pictures are pretty big and I don't to spam the thread with huge pictures~

Guest Loli-Bee

Hi guys,

I bought this cleanser but everything's in Japanese so I was wondering if anyone can translate and let me know how I'm supposed to use this and if it says anything about sensitive skin / shelf life?

Thanks so much! (:

DSC05517.jpg

DSC05519.jpg

Sorry, the pictures are pretty big and I don't to spam the thread with huge pictures~

I can't read much because of the kanji but from what I CAN read and understand, the instructions just say to put in in your hand, massage on your face and wash off. In the 2nd picture it has some safety instructions which is pretty much the same as most cleansers. Sorry if I wasn't much help >w<

Guest Loli-Bee

Hi everyone, my friends birthday is coming up and I really wanted to send something to her idol to request something!

But the only problem is that I really can't write Japanese so they won't know what I'm saying !

I wanted to translate this into japanese : (include romanization and japanese writing please! )

Dear : ___ .

On Nov. 8th it is my best friends birthday. She has been a loyal fan to you and (the band) since your debut. I am writing this to ask If you can  write to her at (name) and wish her a happy birthday. It will make her very happy! I wish I could give her this present from you. Please and thank you. 

Ummm I'll give it a try, but the language will probably be very simple, they would probably be able to tell it's from a non-Japanese:

Nameへ

11月8日は私の友達の誕生日です。あなたとあなたのがくだんのデビュー時から忠義な大ファンでした。あなたから(name)に書いて[誕生日おめでとう」と言ってもらってほしくて、そのためにこの手紙を書いています。とてもうれしくなります!あなたからそのプレゼントをあげたいです。ありがとう。

Romaji:

Name he

Juu ichi gatsu youka wa watashi no tomodachi no tanjoubi desu. Anata to anata no gakudan no debyuu toki kara chuugi na daifan demini coopera. Anata kara (name) ni kaite [tanjoubi omedetou] to itte moratte hoshikute, sono tame ni kono tegami wo kaite imasu. Totemo ureshiku narimasu! Anata kara sono purezento wo agetai desu. Arigatou.

I hope its okay, some parts might sound a bit weird, but it's understandable. Hopefully there will be someone else to post corrections.

What's the difference between kore and kono, sore and sono, etc. Or is there even a difference...?

This is how I think of it:

Kore is used before a particle, for example: kore wa

Kono is used INSTEAD of "kore no" because "kore no" is gramatically incorrect. So kono comes before nouns.

Guest SHHMULIEE

This doesnt really relate to practicing Japanese, but I was wondering for the

ones who practiced Japanese, how long did it take for you to become familiar

with the basics of Japanese and the difficulty? I started learning the alphabet

i really want to become fluent! :)

Guest Loli-Bee

It really depends on what you mean by basics. It took me a few months to be able to read hiragana and katakana without referring to a chart, and even now I'm still increasing the speed at which I read it (:

If you're serious about learning Japanese, and study often it should take a few months to become familiar with the basics. If you want to become fluent, it helps to listen to Japanese music and watch shows, but DO NOT use these to actually learn stuff. It's just useful hearing things you have already learned put into a more familiar context.

If someone would please be kind to translate this for me, it'd be really appreciated. My uncle works at a Shirt company and they got a Japanese label and I unfortunately can't translate it fully. He needs it by today. Primarily the bullet points. Thanks!

taglabel.jpg

If someone would please be kind to translate this for me, it'd be really appreciated. My uncle works at a Shirt company and they got a Japanese label and I unfortunately can't translate it fully. He needs it by today. Primarily the bullet points. Thanks!

taglabel.jpg

100% cotton

Seiyuu company

Toll free phone number

Made in Mexico

Handling:

Wash dark colored clothes with similar colored clothes

While wearing the color may transfer onto other objects due to friction. In such a case, please wash as soon as possible.

Avoid using a dryer, please hang it up to dry

100% cotton

Seiyuu company

Toll free phone number

Made in Mexico

Handling:

Wash dark colored clothes with similar colored clothes

While wearing the color may transfer onto other objects due to friction. In such a case, please wash as soon as possible.

Avoid using a dryer, please hang it up to dry

Thank you so much for translating. Always coming through, man. =]

I'm studying Japanese now in university, I started last year. I had to learn Hiragana in 1 week, and Katakana in 1 week because our university forced us to learn them and we were tested >< I remember learning the basics was quite simple, I found the beginners level quite easy but it was a very full ><

Guest kiwigirl

Don't know if this was already mentioned but wanted to add, kore is for something that is right in front of the speaker. Sore is for something farther away from you but close to the listener. And, are is for something far away from both the speaker and the listener. Same as with Korean.

Guest orangecake

大晦日のNHK紅白歌合戦の出場歌手が発表されたの。

KARAとBIGBANGがいなかったの。

ちょっと残念。

それどころじゃないの、わかってるんだけど。

なんとなくね。

残念と思うあたりが、ボケって言われる所以なのね、きっと。

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sweetl0ve

"そのうちお互いを忘れる時が来るけれど 少し思い出して 桜の花を目にしたら" what does this mean? thank you!

Guest Autumn1430263885

hi, could someone pretty please check over my paragraph? its really basic because that's all the vocab we've really learned, but i've added some new words so i want to make sure that the grammer is right ^___^;;; many thanks :D

これ は かつどんです。かつどん は せいせんで しろい ごはん と ラウンド で小さくてみどり の グリーンピース と いためた たまご と しろい たまねぎ と のり と とんかつ が ありまつ。そして、おちゃ を飲みます。ごはんの上にとんかつがあります。グリーンピースをよくあります。ちょっと しうゆ が あります。たまねぎ は やせている です。のり も やせいててるです。それ は また ながい ですよ。いためた とんかつ は ちゃいろ です。とても おいしい です。いためた たまご は しろくて きいろ です。それから、あなた は おちゃ を 飲みます。とても あたたかくて おいしい。かつどん は ゆめい で にんき です。かつ の いみ は ‘しゃおり’です。だから、たくさん 学生 は 前に テスト で かつどん を食べます。ほんと あたたかくてジューシー で クリスピー ですよ。そして、かつどん は 高くない です。あなた は かつどん の おべんとう が 買います。

Archived