• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest putasmileon

私の住んでるあたりは「中国地方」って言うの。

「中国」と言っても、Chinaとは関係ないけど。

海沿いの町で、天気のいい、空気の澄んだ日には、四国が見えるよ!すごくない? :rolleyes:

あっそうなんですか。すごいよ!でも、暑いじゃないか?

海の近いにいるので、魚は沢山あるね。

Ai can't reada -__- Ash1ta Nihongo no tesuto ga arimasu.. T.T benkyooshimasen desu ne..

Gomen.. I can't type in Japanese because I can't d/l the software thingy.

Guest orangecake

Ai can't reada -__- Ash1ta Nihongo no tesuto ga aimasu.. T.T benkyooshimasen desu ne..

Gomen.. I can't type in Japanese because I can't d/l the software thingy.

そうなんだ~。

がんばれ~。Aliceがいい成績、取れるように、祈ってるよ~。:lol:

私は テスト前になると、よく 『一夜漬け』 と 『ヤマ掛け』 を しました。

わたし は てすと まえ に なると、 よく 『いち や づけ』 と 『やま かけ』 を しました。

テストの前夜、集中的にテストの準備をすることを『一夜漬け』と言います。

てすと の ぜんや、 しゅうちゅう てき に てすと の じゅんび を する こと を 『いちや づけ』 と いいます。

試験問題を予想して、それだけを勉強することを、『ヤマを掛ける』と言います。

しけん もんだい を よそう して、 それだけ を べんきょう する こと を、 『やま を かける』 と いいます。

でもね、ちゃんと時間をかけて勉強するのが一番成績がよかったよ・・・ :(

でもね、 ちゃんと じかん を かけて べんきょう する のが いちばん せいせき が よかったよ・・・

^ T__T I don't understand 60% of what you're saying.. T.T I can read it but never learnt some of the words. I'm so bad at Japanese. -__- Atama ga iidesu. Not~

--

Lol.. Naruto ;D

How do you say, "It's long but it goes by fast", "acting", and "there's lots of beautiful flowers"? Sorry and thanks. Could you type it in hiragana too?

"It's long but it goes by fast"

ちょっと長そうだけど早く経過する

ちょっとながそうだけどはやくけいかする

chotto nagasou da kedo hayaku keika suru

"There's lots of beautiful flowers"

奇麗な花がいっぱいある

きれいなはながいっぱいある

kireina hana ga ippai aru

奇麗な花が何輪もある

きれいなはながなんりんもある

kireina hana ga nan-rin mo aru

奇麗な花がたくさんある

きれいなはながたくさんある

kireina hana ga takusan aru

The 1st and last are probably best.

"acting" is vague, you mean like drama acting? Or acting as in pretending you're listening to someone?

Acting (as in the skill; performing) - 演技 (engi)

"確かに彼女は歌はうまいが、演技はだめだ"

たしかにかのじょはうたはうまいが、えんぎはだめだ

tashika ni kanojo wa uta ga umai ga, engi wa dame da

"She sings well, to be sure, but she can't act"

Acting (as in pretending to do something) - Sentence + ふりをする (furi o suru)

"母が部屋に入ってきたら寝ているふりをした"

ははがへやにはいってきたらねているふりをした

haha ga heya ni haitte kitara neteiru furi o sita

"When my mom came into my room I pretended that I was sleeping"

Hope that helped :D

もう。。。。。。。 

宿題など たくさんんんん あるんだ。 

そして。。。あたし の かっこい 彼氏は どこ に いるの???????

*cries* :(

俺と浮気してるんだ ;)

ってか何の宿題?

"It's long but it goes by fast"

ちょっと長そうだけど早く経過する

ちょっとながそうだけどはやくけいかする

chotto nagasou da kedo hayaku keika suru

"There's lots of beautiful flowers"

奇麗な花がいっぱいある

きれいなはながいっぱいある

kireina hana ga ippai aru

奇麗な花が何輪もある

きれいなはながなんりんもある

kireina hana ga nan-rin mo aru

奇麗な花がたくさんある

きれいなはながたくさんある

kireina hana ga takusan aru

The 1st and last are probably best.

"acting" is vague, you mean like drama acting? Or acting as in pretending you're listening to someone?

Acting (as in the skill; performing) - 演技 (engi)

"確かに彼女は歌はうまいが、演技はだめだ"

たしかにかのじょはうたはうまいが、えんぎはだめだ

tashika ni kanojo wa uta ga umai ga, engi wa dame da

"She sings well, to be sure, but she can't act"

Acting (as in pretending to do something) - Sentence + ふりをする (furi o suru)

"母が部屋に入ってきたら寝ているふりをした"

ははがへやにはいってきたらねているふりをした

haha ga heya ni haitte kitara neteiru furi o sita

"When my mom came into my room I pretended that I was sleeping"

Hope that helped :D

YEAH! That helped a lot. I'm supposed to do a pursuasive article in Japanese. I slaved over it for a while now. Seriously, thanks a bunch :D

俺と浮気してるんだ ;)

ってか何の宿題?

lol, antatte nan-sai datta no? '86 datta-ra..unn...19? 18?

yaa yaa 'senpai' tte yonda hou-ga ii yo~

ore wa daigaku no 5nen sei nan dakara~~

gengogaku no shukudai to JET no moushi-komi mo shinaku-te wa ikenanda~

shimekiri wa....29th...

sensei-tachi~~ hayaku suisenjou o kaite-kudasai yo!!! ~_~

lol, antatte nan-sai datta no? '86 datta-ra..unn...19? 18?

yaa yaa 'senpai' tte yonda hou-ga ii yo~

ore wa daigaku no 5nen sei nan dakara~~

gengogaku no shukudai to JET no moushi-komi mo shinaku-te wa ikenanda~

shimekiri wa....29th...

sensei-tachi~~ hayaku suisenjou o kaite-kudasai yo!!! ~_~

いやだ!勝手に呼び捨てしたりして話すよ :D  大学の5年生なら大学院じゃない?または特別な専攻をしてるの?

JETに参加しようと思ってるの? めっちゃいい機関だそうだけどどこに行かせるかによるだろう。。俺だったら都会より田舎に行きたい気がするし :)  てかどこで日本語を習ったの? Mixedって日系人ってこと? だって、韓国語も話せるよね?いいなぁ、羨ましい :o ! なんか、先生に推薦状をもっと早く書いてもらいたいなら直接に軽く忘れないように注意してみるほうがいいかな。。ちょっと失礼に思われるかもしれないけどな

ところで、「失せろ」なんてひどいな(笑) どこで習った?

いやだ!勝手に呼び捨てしたりして話すよ :D  大学の5年生なら大学院じゃない?または特別な専攻をしてるの?

JETに参加しようと思ってるの? めっちゃいい機関だそうだけどどこに行かせるかによるだろう。。俺だったら都会より田舎に行きたい気がするし :)  てかどこで日本語を習ったの? Mixedって日系人ってこと? だって、韓国語も話せるよね?いいなぁ、羨ましい :o ! なんか、先生に推薦状をもっと早く書いてもらいたいなら直接に軽く忘れないように注意してみるほうがいいかな。。ちょっと失礼に思われるかもしれないけどな

ところで、「失せろ」なんてひどいな(笑) どこで習った?

lol, man...why'd the school have to take character fonts off all the computers except the language lab ones!?

the japanese looks soooo jankity, i can barely tell what kanji is what :lol:

yaa yaa, daigakuin janai wa~

sotsugyo tameni, toranaku-te wa ikenai jugyou ga aru kara...hehe rainen (2006 4gatsu gurai) sotsugyou suru tsumori da~

meh, takusan no gakusei ga onaji da. hontou ni~

tani (credits)to "distribution" ga hijouuuuuuuuuu ni taisetsu da.

dakara...suugaku no class o toranaku-te wa ikenai shi asian studies no tani mo shi naku-te wa ikenai shi... <_<

jibun no senmon wa "asian studies" da.

"asian studies (japanese studies > language & linguistics)" .

since we can't major in asian languages...or double major in them :rolleyes: but oh, if it were french or something....

inaka...puha...yada na~~

CIR no tsutome-guchi nara, 500,000nin ijou no basho ni iku.

aru nihonjin no tomodachi ni yoru to, jibun no ann arbor wa "inaka" da, to itte bikkuri~

150,000nin gurai wa "inaka"!??!?

kankoku mo onaji kangae-kata....

tomodachi no oba-san no tokoro ni itte..."kankoku no inaka" to itta kedo....

jitsu wa... daimachi toronto no you na tokoro datta!!!

nandeyanen!?

anyways, ....

haafu janai watashi. nihongo to kankokugo ga sekai no ichiban muzukashii kotoba to kiita kara, naratte hoshi-kkata.

okaasan wa native american/black, shinda otousan ga hakujin datta.

nihongo to kankokugo wa michigan daigaku de benkyoushi-teiru~

pshhh ussero...(usero??) wa....totemo daiji na nihongo da!

deshou!

nihonjin no tomodachi ga motto taisetsu-na nihongo o oshieta hou ga ii wa~ ^^

Sorry for asing so many questions but do any of you know how to type furigana on the computer? I googled it, I yahooed it, i jeeved it. Things came up but it was only for microsoft OFFICE and I don't have that on my computer. I have microsoft word works processor not office.

tani (credits)to "distribution" ga hijouuuuuuuuuu ni taisetsu da.

dakara...suugaku no class o toranaku-te wa ikenai shi asian studies no tani mo shi naku-te wa ikenai shi...

jibun no senmon wa "asian studies" da.

"asian studies (japanese studies > language & linguistics)" .

since we can't major in asian languages...or double major in them but oh, if it were french or something....

Ahh, what are you planning to do in the future with your asian studies degree? I'm going down that route and still don't know what to do, I like Japanese and Mandarin as languages, and while I like the culture and history it's not really something I'd want to specialize in, but even though I like the languages as they are I also don't really want to go into linguistics (btw what jobs involve linguistics besides research?). And seeing as how I detest business and such I'm not sure what my options are..and I don't want to end up an English teacher for the rest of my life. The problem is I like things involved with the languages, like translation or dissecting the language for linguistical purposes, but I couldn't see myself doing any of those things I like everyday as a career, not because I can't but because I don't really want to...sigh..it's sad that those lousy college administrators don't view languages a "real" subject, they just view it as a medium with which to learn other things, you know despite that "more than half of them would probably fail dumbed-down Japanese 101." <-- A quote from the Japanese department head when I talked to him about this, I love him :D Anyways yea I don't know what to do

Sorry for asing so many questions but do any of you know how to type furigana on the computer? I googled it, I yahooed it, i jeeved it. Things came up but it was only for microsoft OFFICE and I don't have that on my computer. I have microsoft word works processor not office.

I don't think it's possible with just normal input like I'm typing right now on this website, because I've never seen it done...But you can type with furigana on microsoft word, go here for instructions:

http://www.haverford.edu/llc/faqs.html#input13

(The first set of instructions listed are mac, the 2nd is PC).

Ahh, what are you planning to do in the future with your asian studies degree? I'm going down that route and still don't know what to do, I like Japanese and Mandarin as languages, and while I like the culture and history it's not really something I'd want to specialize in, but even though I like the languages as they are I also don't really want to go into linguistics (btw what jobs involve linguistics besides research?). And seeing as how I detest business and such I'm not sure what my options are..and I don't want to end up an English teacher for the rest of my life. The problem is I like things involved with the languages, like translation or dissecting the language for linguistical purposes, but I couldn't see myself doing any of those things I like everyday as a career, not because I can't but because I don't really want to...sigh..it's sad that those lousy college administrators don't view languages a "real" subject, they just view it as a medium with which to learn other things, you know despite that "more than half of them would probably fail dumbed-down Japanese 101." <-- A quote from the Japanese department head when I talked to him about this, I love him :D Anyways yea I don't know what to do

i'm very interested in translation (or perhaps interpretation).

there are places that hire professional translators (various companies and such) but you have to be GOOD.

and in order for me to be so-so i need to get to japan.

i dunno, it seems like many translated books are done on the side by ppl who have pretty good skills & like the book.

some more famous authors like banana yoshimoto or ahhh i just pulled a blank on the dude's name...anyways, if other countries are getting translations, then it seems like they'll get someone to do an english translation also.

then of course there's anime/manga.

now especially, more comics are coming out in the US...(shoujo manga particularly) and they need translators for those.

the CIA also needs ppl...more for chinese, korean, arabic, etc than japanese...

if you were wanting to be a G-man or something :mellow:

wait, are you saying you're not interested in translation? :lol:

if you aren't, then you could do stuff like pop cultural studies or something like. looking at the way young ppl in japan do stuff. maybe compare it to the US.

if i could get paied just to learn japanese then that'd be cool, but since i can't i might as well try to get some $$$ outta my language skills...small tho they are.

Sorry for ditching the thread for so long. (No interesting topics came out until now)

For a trilingual person like Tamago could probably easily get a job. Like mixed said, I heard Professional translators get paid a lot. I don't know why you don't want to be a teacher. Sure, don't work for NOVA or Jet or those private english companies. Go for Private schools and colleges. You'll prolly get paid more. Another one, Tour guides. I know Japanese students that are studying english overseas because they want to be tour guides back in Japan for the gaijin. Don't know how much they get paid though. But on the plus side, You get to enjoy Japanese culture while on the same time, spreading your interests to tourists.

Guest putasmileon

Sorry for ditching the thread for so long. (No interesting topics came out until now)

For a trilingual person like Tamago could probably easily get a job. Like mixed said, I heard Professional translators get paid a lot. I don't know why you don't want to be a teacher. Sure, don't work for NOVA or Jet or those private english companies. Go for Private schools and colleges. You'll prolly get paid more. Another one, Tour guides. I know Japanese students that are studying english overseas because they want to be tour guides back in Japan for the gaijin. Don't know how much they get paid though. But on the plus side, You get to enjoy Japanese culture while on the same time, spreading your interests to tourists.

That's true. I interimed as an assistant tour guide at JTB for a summer. It was a lot of fun. However, it wasn't quite what I want to do for a long time.

I'm actually studying "international" culture at Aichi Prefectural University in order to become a diplomat. Don't know how far I'm getting there though..

^Oh you worked for JTB? Those guys are the bomb :D They set up and coordinated the whole Hawaii trip that my school went on, and were with us like 100% of the time, on the planes, on the ground, in the dining hall, at the beach..And then they saved me when re-entering Japan through immigrations, because everyone else just went on through and I had to stand in the foreigner line, so they hurried it up and got me through (there was some confusion if I had been to Japan before and turned in my gaijin forms).

Anyways, I like the idea of translating, and teaching, but the problem is I think I'd burn out if I just focused on one of them for a job. I was thinking maybe a combination of the two would be sweet, working at a private school or doing some tutoring plus alittle on the side. Dunno how stable that would be though.. I was actually thinking of coming back to the private high school I'm at now when I graduate from college, it's great here but for now they already have an awesome English teacher, some half japanese guy who grew up in Cali and can speak both languages. I guess I'll have to talk with some of my professors on what they recommend too.

Thanks for the awesome advice you guys! :D

And putasmileon, what kind of "diplomat" do you mean? :blink:

Archived