Won Bin 원빈

~*kYo*~

Guest clauds

Hello, I've been a silent lurker here for a while.. and I saw something on youtube, has any of you seen this?

Edit; Nevermind, I just noticed that MzPakipot added the same video on youtube too... sorry.. ehee.

Guest mimerita

Another poster

fbc363f19e17233e767c86c644d7bc97.jpg

Official "Mother" Support Fanclub

http://cafe.naver.com/mother2009

You can download the posters and promotional video clips.

(you may need to register for an id)

If you can register successfully, let's show our support to Won Bin and leave him a cheering message!

p.s. Regarding changes in BINUS forums, please read notice in Binus or Wonderland.

Guest jhing

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh I saw a teaser on YT and Binnie was in it for like 2 seconds! haha

as always thanks to everyone for the news, pics and whatnot!

thanks for the teaser posters Rita & putriN!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh I saw a teaser on YT and Binnie was in it for like 2 seconds! haha

Rita & putriN!

Precious 2 seconds. Wow, the last time I saw Won Bin in you tube was during the premier with SHK. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link.

Guest Qi Luo

I watched the teaser of 'Mother' and the saw the posters... OMG the movie looks pretty intense! :) I can't wait to watch it. Also I think it's great that this role will be challenging for Won Bin, i'm glad he chose to act in a more challenging role than in a easy role just to get more popularity.

I hope Won Bin will let us see him more and stop hiding from his fans when Mother is released! :P

Guest silver_beam

http://www.donga.com/fbin/moeum?n=culture&...id=200903310113

Found a better translation:

Caption: Many actors rose to popularity after playing Terrius-style characters who give their all for love, but with a touch of frivolity. Lately, as opposed to the more pure and innocent characters, characters with a more realistic edge are increasingly appearing. Photos from MBC.KBS

These actors… who rose to superstardom after playing a breakthrough role

“Want to become a star? Then use them as benchmarks.” Situations of “overnight fame” do exist in the world of showbiz. A common way to describe them is, “stars who have awaken from a deep sleep.” Although they may have experienced obstacles and hardship during their newcomer days, but they become top stars after one drama project.

Every cycle of 3-5 years, a drama star will emerge and leave the nation’s viewers in awe. From Cha In Pyo in 1994’s ‘Love In Your Embrace’, Ahn Jae Wook in 1997’s ‘Star In My Heart’, Won Bin in 2000’s ‘Autumn In My Heart’ to Eric in 2004’s ‘Phoenix’ and Lee Minho in this year’s ‘Boys Before Flowers’ - they are the best examples. Let’s take a look at the styles of these 5 men who rose to ‘overnight fame’ with just one drama, and who have caused a drama syndrome, capturing the hearts of female viewers.

Good Looks, Wealth, Power… The Terrius-type Heir

Besides having a handsome appearance, in dramas it’s rare to find any “half-baked” lead characters. Even though it may be a new actor trying to make his name, he would be playing a character with the following qualities:

Firstly he must be wealthy. It’s not enough to be just a ‘regular’ rich man’s son. Cha In Pyo played the heir to a large department store, while Ahn Jae Wook played a top singer and the son of a general. Won Bin was the heir to a hotel conglomerate, while Eric was the son to the president of a large corporation. Recently the scale of things got even bigger with Lee Minho’s ‘Gu Joonpyo’ character as the heir to the world’s 2nd largest conglomerate Shinhwa.

In terms of their personalities, they have to be “bad boys” with a cold exterior. Cha In Pyo was lacking in many ways, and his caustic words often embarrassed people. Lee Minho, like Won Bin before him, has the idea that money can buy even love. However, it’s different when it comes to the women they love. They make all preparations before confessing their love, and the details are all necessary. The female protagonists will always show dislike or indifference, but will eventually discover their true feelings after ‘dramatic’ events.

On the other hand, the female protagonists share common traits too. Shin Ae Ra in ‘Love In Your Embrace’, Choi Jin Shil in ‘Star In My Heart’, Song Hye Gyo in ‘Autumn In My Heart’, and Gu Hye Sun in ‘Boys Before Flowers’ all come from poor families. Although Lee Eun Joo in ‘Phoenix’ started off as a rich girl, she ended up poor after a sudden incident. All of their characters tend to be naive and cheerful.

To summarize, all of the male protagonists are like Terrius from ‘Candy Candy’ or Edward (Richard Gere) from the movie ‘Pretty Woman’. In Guiyeoni’s hit Internet novels, the male protagonists always possess four basic characteristics: handsome, rich, good at fighting, and a good listener. Drama critic Lee Mun Won said, “In Korean drama that targets the sensitivity of teenage girls, Terrius is the type of character that transcends time.”

A Shift from The Outsider to The Realist

Change comes with the passing of time. Stars like these have to be good at mushy confessions or gestures of love. Cha In Pyo has been the best in this area, overwhelming Korean viewers for playing the saxophone and waving his index finger from side to side. Other than that we have classic lines that still remain popular such as the following:

“사랑해, 죽을 때까지” [saranghae, chugeul ddaekkaji]

(I’ll love you until the moment I die) - Ahn Jae Wook’s Kang Min Hee in ‘Star In My Heart’

“얼마면 돼? 얼마면 널 살 수 있어?” [Eolma myeon dwae? Eolma myeon neol sal su isseo?]

(How much will it take? How much can I buy you for?) - Won Bin’s Han Tae Seok in ‘Autumn In My Heart’

“타는 냄새 안 나요? 내 마음이 타는 냄새” [T'a neun naemsae annayo? Nae ma-eumi t'a neun naemsae]

(Do you smell something burning? It’s the smell of my heart burning) - Eric’s Seo Jung Min in ‘Phoenix’

Compared to them, Lee Minho’s Gu Joonpyo comes across as being more realistic. He says, “I’m handsome, tall, smart and rich. Can anyone not like me?”

Instead, it seems that it’s his rival in love Yoon Ji Hoo (played by Kim Hyunjoong) who churns out these dreamy lines, “I’m Geum Jandi’s honorary firefighter who protects her”, “Why didn’t I like a kid like you instead?”

Economic views have changed too. There was a strong tendency towards personalities like 20th century icon James Dean, the strong-minded and rebellious outsider . Ahn Jae Wook and Won Bin went against their famililes’ wishes time and again. Despite being rich, they despised the idea of money taking priority over everything else. Instead, for love, they chose to give up everything without a second thought. Cha In Pyo’s motorcycle became a symbol of his style.

However, it seems that the concept of “weathering the storm together” is gaining popularity, the idea of sharing everything and not abandoning each other. Lee Minho’s Gu Joonpyo said, “Do you know how many families of the Shinhwa employees I have to be responsible for?”, and eventually separated with female lead Geum Jandi temporarily. Instead, it’s Kim Hyunjoong’s Yoon Ji Hoo who possesses Terrius-like qualities and even has a motorcycle to boot. Drama critic Prof Yoon Seok Jin said, “Rather than the type of character who believes that love conquers all, for the more independent women of today, they’d prefer a Terrius who is more attuned to reality.”

Credit to :

source: DongA

chinese translations by: 悟空空@love-ric

english translations by: midnightgirl13 @ absolutshinhwa

Guest silver_beam

Jin-Suk, "mother" in Autumn in my heart and both SHK/WB attended her premiere, has made the following remarks (abstracted from Baidu):

She is the most common Korean mother. When the new generation of idols not a lot of Korean birth, Jin-suk has been in the performing arts with a career achievement. Once, she was playing in Japan, the best mother award, there is also the issue of autobiographical album has become a very small number of popular Japanese star mother.

Idol actor performed many of her mother, often jokingly said:

"I hope my son is Won Bin, Song is my daughter, very sweet Hui Qiao, a very respected veteran actor Won Bin, should be filial me!"

In "Autumn in My Heart" has been played us the mother of Joe Hui Oh, have heard of other idols dedicated mother to play a lot of the aunt, whose name I forget, also said there is good hope that this kind of like Song daughter, very pleasing.

credit to: Baidu

http://72.14.235.132/translate_c?hl=en&amp...y4dY8-xQhZjCdng

Guest mimerita

Hi silver_beam, the baidu link didn't work. Can you give me the original link at baidu? I can translate from the Chinese content.

Guest silver_beam

Won Bin leaves for Africa to do charity work:

UNICEF Special Representative to Africa as a volunteer for the actor Won Bin 2 leaves.

UNICEF Korea Committee on April 1, "Won Bin 2 of the 4-13 Africa Gambia UNICEF relief efforts, will visit the scene," he said.

The world's poorest 170 million people of Gambia's population is located seoahpeurikae. . Johon 70% of the population is poor, and malaria, and lack of hospitals and health centers in Africa, with all the problems are manyeonhan.

hildren in the Gambia in 2007, UNICEF is supporting relief projects. Finish second in Korean women's gangmin UNICEF is working as the representative of Gambia offices.

Since the 2007 UNICEF Korea Won Bin to the activities of the Special Representative said. The charity event to help children, has been involved in fundraising campaigns. Most come from this visit, known as Won Bin in the Gambia malaria, a mosquito net to find the area to install, Vitamin A supply, pumps, installation, and plans to join.

Won Bin's "UNICEF is a place of business for the first time, worry and responsibility to visit overstepping like a boundary. UNICEF Special Representative of the things I have helped some children, the other to move the hearts of many people will want the opportunity," said .

Won Bin's visit to the MBC 'W' will air through the 24 days.

[clark@joongang.co.kr] News gimingu [clark@joongang.co.kr]

http://news.joins.com/article/3553389.html?ctg=15

Guest silver_beam

^oh... his turn now :D

last month was his "Mother", Kim Hye Ja :)

yah, many news on his charity work in Africa covered by the media today :rolleyes:

thanks silverbeam :)

Dont you think he is a "good quality man" (remember the exact words of somebody looking for one?) - a filial son, doing charity work to help the poor children in Africa, keeping low profile, humble, likes children and animals, doesnt crave for fame and popularity, not greedy to become rich, acting in serious movies and dramas with no passionate sexy scenes and the list goes on - where can find such a man for a husband if you are a gal! Moreover he didnt take advantage of his good looks to become a casanova.

So what is "she" waiting for? The man she has been looking for is right beside her and still not biting or are they too shy to make the 1st move or have they moved to 2nd stage?

Guest silver_beam

^oh... his turn now :D

last month was his "Mother", Kim Hye Ja :)

yah, many news on his charity work in Africa covered by the media today :rolleyes:

thanks silverbeam :)

His charity work in Africa is from 4 to 13 April, meaning he can adjorn to NY for his overdue vacation - only a halfway journey. Doesnt he like classical music as well?

Guest mimerita

Dont you think he is a "good quality man" (remember the exact words of somebody looking for one?) - a filial son, doing charity work to help the poor children in Africa, keeping low profile, humble, likes children and animals, doesnt crave for fame and popularity, not greedy to become rich, acting in serious movies and dramas with no passionate sexy scenes and the list goes on - where can find such a man for a husband if you are a gal! Moreover he didnt take advantage of his good looks to become a casanova.

So what is "she" waiting for? The man she has been looking for is right beside her and still not biting or are they too shy to make the 1st move or have they moved to 2nd stage?

Wow, well said silverbeam! He is ONE IN A MILLION.

One thing I am quite sure, is that Won Bin is a very shy guy, more shy than you can think of. He said in many interviews that he becomes even more shy (and nervous) when he's in front of the girl he likes. He even feels nervous in front of his fans.

This is what he said in the interview when he came to Singapore to promote My Brother.

"My heart beats very fast whenever I meet my fans," he says looking down sheepishly. "I just hope I'm smiling when I see them because I don't know what to say. I get nervous. They are fans but they are also female!"

But I hope he would not be that shy now. He also said in the GQ interview that he is very careful in selecting his work and he will wait for the ideal work, same as what he will do about girlfriend. (means he will be careful and willing to wait for the ideal girl)

Guest mimerita

silverbeam, below news is about the mother (Kim Hae-suk) in Autumn Tale talked about Won Bin and Song Hye Kyo.

She said "I wish Won Bin to be my son and Song Hye Kyo my daughter. SHK is very pretty (cute). Won Bin is very respectful to elder actors. They would be filially pious to me."

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=558491880

utkim, below news is about the representative beautiful actresses and handsome actors from the country provinces. The part about Won Bin:

Gangwon-do province - "The pearl in the earth (soil?)" Won Bin

It said that Won Bin was grown up in Gangwon-do. When he's in primary school, he was a country boy that helped his parents to farm potatoes, or playing and running around with the puppies.

http://news.joins.com/article/3551605.html?ctg=15