the seasons in Korea

Guest jang_mi

Guest jang_mi

can someone tell me more about the 4 seasons in korea?
hi~~

i just visit korea,busan last month..which was spring! and i really love the weather...

as im from SG, we doesnt have 4 seasons here..its always hot here :angry:

im planning to visit korea again... but im not sure which seasons and month to go... i believe it would be summer soon?

Can someone do tell me more about the 4 seasons in korea?Example, from which month to which month is what seasons.

thanks alot...

and what is their usual/rough temperate during summer and fall?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bellegray

^got that right

Have you ever been to the US..cause the weather is pretty much the same.

I went to korea in august and ugh it was so humid/hot everyday while I was there. Its worse or sometimes same as the weather in the US.

Spring/Fall: best time to go to korea. Also in the spring..you can see the cherry blossoms~ ^^

Winter: Since global warning and all, its been snowing a lot these past few winters. Gets pretty cold too.

Ya ... Korea has the same seasons as the US. But since the US is so big and Korea so small, they can't really be compared.

I'm in Korea right now. Its hot and humid. Different from Washington weather where I live.

The Spring and Fall is really pretty. Winter is pretty too, but its freakin cold.

Guest Mentos

I'm in Korea right now for the summer. Let's see... the weather- unpredictable. It will rain whenever it wants to. Today, there's no sun out but it's hot and humid.

To sum it up- it feels like a rainforest. & I'm in Gyungidoh.

just make sure to leave your sweaters & long sleeves at home. And bring an umbrella just in case. That's all I know, because I've only been here for less than a day :D

Guest Lebanese_Blonde

korea has seasonal climates..so yeah we have all four distinct seasons.

july is REALLY humid especially during the monsoon.

anyone can tell me about november-december in korea?

is it very cold? thank you

It's probably anything from 15 to 0 degrees celsius. I went in late Oct early Nov, and nights were around 5 deg.

i'm going in mid april to mid june... will it be spring by mid april? or still winter?

It's spring in mid-April, but the weather might still be a little chilly.

Guest hailing from ny

i havent experienced a winter in Korea since i was 3 [when i moved to the United States]

Guest 4tang

korean seasons are like boston seasons or new england.

every season is really distinct. in the fall it gets chilly but not enough for you to bundle up. just sweaters and jeans and such. one of the nicest seasons in my opinion.

winter starts to get cold. it will start to snow little bits late december and then start to really snow around late january into february.

spring is absolutely wonderful. it's perfect. not too cold not too hot. very comfortable during that time.

summer, june isn't too bad. but starting july it gets really humid and the air is hot and you're constantly sticky and sweating. then august 장마 (typhoon) season starts, which isn't very comforting. the air is still sticky but now you have rain. every time i've been to korea in august i've encountered rain -.-;;

Guest Trejiiten

the winter (which started a bit late) this year got to a low of around -20C (in seoul), the high, if lucky was 4 or 5C

the spring was pretty short, but the high was around 22 and the low was 10-12

in the fall (like october), it was around 17-24C and changing by around a degree every few days

summer gets over 30C, plus it rains more frequently (monsoon season). right now, it's the mid 20s, but come July and August, it will stay in the 30s with a lot of heavy rain (typhoon season)

that's a brief example of what I've experienced so far since coming in August. Hopefully the seasons won't start so late this year as they had for winter (near the end of november) and spring (around the middle of April)

Archived