Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

it would be SO nice to have both books in hardcover, but oh well i can't complain xD and yes the korean version is still being sold online

out of the korean version, i could only figure out like, the first sentence of tablo's mini biography haha

Guest still_life

I know that someone has already emailed the CEO of Yesasia.com about Tablos book.

However yesterday I emailed them requesting that they sell the English ver. of the book and got this response today. (very quick reply hehe)

Thank you for purchasing at YesAsia.com.

Referring to your enquiry, we are sorry that we do not carry your requested item at this moment. We have forwarded your enquiry to our supplier and product executives for further checking. We will contact you again once more information is available.

Thank you for your patience on this issue.

Do you think we have a chance of them selling it? From this response?

I was thinking maybe if all of us sent an Email REQUESTING the book maybe they will take it in consideration.

Its worth a try right?

Guest tinenapay

Just made my order from hanbook.

yaaay! i'm so excited to read Pieces of You. been waiting for this since last year. haaamsssohapppy! :D

i really hope nothing's different, and that the photography and everything else is included in both versions.

i personally think the english edition would be a better buy, because his stories were orginally in english;

they had to be translated into korean for the book. the original always beats out translations for me,

even if it's from korean to english, or english to korean. i can understand both, so it's not a huge deal either way.

i just want the stories written how they were to begin with. translations can come out a bit awkward sometimes.

and i think i'm the only person here who likes the cover of the korean edition better, haha. (;

i need to have this book though. written by tablo, it's sure to be amazing, and worth every cent.

i'm definitely ordering it today. (:

is the korean book still being sold online? I kind of want to have that one too now, even though I can't understand korean XD
yup! the direct link from hanbooks is here.

dear soompis fellow :D

im wondering what Tablo said here in this video clip?

um...tablo really doesn't say anything, haha. the whole point of it is that he's speechless,

and can't think of a comeback after minwoo dances, and then asks him if he can dance like that, ahha.

oh, and mkdinh, you said you ordered and received the korean edition, right? (:

have you finished reading it yet? i've been dying to find out what the stories are like.

Guest starflower135

^ I hope nothing's different also, but it bothers me that the korean version has 250 pages and the english version has 220 pages.....that must mean there are some things left out right? :( I agree with your point that translations always seem to leave off the original feeling to the book/lyrics/song/etc... so I can't wait to read the English version ^^ Feb. 10th come now!!!!!! XDDD

^ maybe it's because korean writing is more drawn out. like for example, sometimes four words in english translate to seven korean characters, you know? korean is a bit more wordy. well, at least i'm hoping that's why the english edition is shorter. but i guess we won't find out for sure what the differences are until the book actually comes, and people who have both editions compare them, haha.

Guest starflower135

^ Oh, yes, I didn't think of that :D I know that to be true with Chinese also, some words just can't translate directly.... I really wish I understood Korean >< XDDDD''' I would love to be able to understand both books and compare the difference in translation and meaning between them XD

oh, and mkdinh, you said you ordered and received the korean edition, right? (:

have you finished reading it yet? i've been dying to find out what the stories are like.

i initially ordered the korean version, thinking that i would have the time to teach myself how to read :sweatingbullets:

since i'm not korean (i'm viet), i'm learning on my own xD

i haven't had the time to sit down and look up stuff, so i can't really say how the stories are like :tears:

Guest xbananaxmexblahx

and i think i'm the only person here who likes the cover of the korean edition better, haha. (;

i need to have this book though. written by tablo, it's sure to be amazing, and worth every cent.

i'm definitely ordering it today. (:

I also agree with you. I kinda like the cover of the korean version. It looks unique and creative haha but I still like the cover for the english version too.

I can't wait until my mom comes home so I can order the book tonight :D

I want to get this book signed by it's author too ;) Hmmm...I wonder if his professor Tobias Wolfe is gonna buy it too... LOLL :D

Guest tinenapay

Personally, I don't really mind if the book's on paperback or hardbound. Uhmm, okay i would love pictures especially if it's those taken by Tablo (he takes really good pictures, right?) but i'm more interested on the content of the book. I've always been captivated by how his mind works.

^ Oh, yes, I didn't think of that :D I know that to be true with Chinese also, some words just can't translate directly.... I really wish I understood Korean >< XDDDD''' I would love to be able to understand both books and compare the difference in translation and meaning between them XD
that's probably the case with every foreign language. (; english is just much more simple and straightforward, haha.

i initially ordered the korean version, thinking that i would have the time to teach myself how to read :sweatingbullets:

since i'm not korean (i'm viet), i'm learning on my own xD

i haven't had the time to sit down and look up stuff, so i can't really say how the stories are like :tears:

awe, haha, and that's okay! you still have plenty of time to learn to read it. the book isn't going anywhere. (;

Personally, I don't really mind if the book's on paperback or hardbound. Uhmm, okay i would love pictures especially if it's those taken by Tablo (he takes really good pictures, right?) but i'm more interested on the content of the book. I've always been captivated by how his mind works.
definitely. tablo's photography is awesome. haha, i'm positive that's what everyone is more interested in; he truly does have a beautiful mind. the extra things in the book just add to it because it makes it more personalized in my opinion.

i don't know if everyone's already seen this before, probably a lot of you,

(especially those that have the book, haha) but i'll post it anyway. (;

pictures of several pages from the korean edition.

i9788954606905yt1.jpg

^ the last page shown is from the "andante" story, the one that earned him an award and honor from his professor.

credits to kyobobook.

Guest sayWHAAAT?!

for whoever was talking about some meaning being left out from translating korean to english:

that happens ALOT but in this case, Tablo originally wrote these stories in ENGLISH and then translated them to korean so that he could publish the book

to his korean fans [since he has more korean speaking fans than non]

so probably the "english version" is the ORIGINAL version and not english translated into korean then translated back into english.