Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

^was the melody the same or just the words?

if it's just the words then it doesn't mean that they sampled or anything (although it might be possible that they did. i don't have the album yet so i can't really see the credits) because "time is ticking" is a very common phrase. it's like "time flies"....if a band came out with a song with that phrase and then another group came out and had "time flies" in their song too, it doesn't mean they copied ^^.

but yeah, i'd like to hear the song if you have it on you.

i don't think anyone here can really help you with your inquiry based on the facts you gave us because it's not enough...we don't have the song on our hands to listen to ^^...

btw, Sam Sik, you said this:

I am wrong about Tablo's character if he were to be effected that deeply over a sum of a million when he could very possibly earn that in little time.

some people here kind of already mentioned that he was upset over the fact that people dloaded before it even came out....he was upset with the fact that people couldn't even WAIT a few hours/a day for it to come out....and then he thanked those who waited with epik high for the official release date ^^.

and another thing, you can't really compare Muse to Epik High. of course they can say that...they have money and the sales are better usually in western areas. on the other hand, the korean music industry is DEEPLY affected by the illegal dloading because it's a known fact that korean artists do NOTTTTTTTTTTTTT make anywhere near the salary that american artists (i know Muse isn't american, but...yeah = _ = bear with me haha) so it would be understandable if he was actually really upset over the whole losing money thing....which i don't think tablo is upset about the most. even the really big names in korea don't make as much as the big shots anywhere else.

omfggggg.

i totally forgot about their album.

cuz i haven't been here in AGES~!

but i'm listening to it right now. OMFG.

IT'S SO GOOD O_O

Be is like so... eerie O_O it's kinda scary but so cool.

then it goes to Breakdown, OMFG. I LOVE THE INTRO! OMFG i just love the whole damn song omgggg. i think this song caught my ears the most in the whole album.

and One is so catchy! HAHA. seems like the album so far is all clock-y. hehe. MANNN jisun always rocks in epik's songs! <333333

연필깎이 is sooo nice. ^______^

Girl is pretty good, too. :D Same with The Future, Ignition, Eight by Eight.. omg. EBE reminds me of their old stuff. :D their raps and their features & tukutz's magic fingers. :D

and i love how the album ends off. so awesome.

i seriously love this album O_O omfg. i dunno if it's better than their 3rd or 4th. but this album is high up there. they better get an award for this album! we know how hard they worked on it and man i can see how they tried to perfect it all. and i believe they did such a good job. they always do a good job with their work, but this one has again surprised and excited me all over again.

man epik high i love you~!

i hope there's part two! hehe. it'd be so good. like remapping all over again. :P teehee.

wooot. i'm thinking about buying it now. <3 i was gonna preorder it before, then i was like.. save up money T_T now i'm like HELL YES!

EPIK HIGH ARE BACK BABY!

time to download the MV & their comebacks!!

but whoa. what happened? O_O *reads the last few pages*

Just have a question on their new song "One."

Did EH sample the melody or "time is ticking" part from another song? I was at F21 the other day and heard an American song with the same tagline and was totally taken a back. I can't recall the artist's name >.< It was def a rock-bandish sound. The melody also kinda reminds me of The Cranberries song "Time is Ticking Out."

Anyhoo....if anyone can shed light on this inquiry...let me know. Thanks~ ;)

I listened to that song out of curiosity and I personally think the melody sounds nothing like "One". Even the clock ticking sounds is different. Like angelfightrJ mentioned, "time is ticking" is a very common phrase. I think Tablo would've mentioned if he sampled anything, but I really doubt he sampled. Perhaps we can ask someone like WanMinBin who has the CD already to see the credits for you. ^^

Guest lilangelover

like someone said, Tablo was probably angry that the fans couldn't wait for the official release. and i think we all know that Korean artist don't earn a penny from their album sales. they earn money from variety shows, cfs and other means.

thank you for the translated track list!!

Just downloaded the album.. (i know.. bad)

but it sounds really good.. if i see it in the stores i'll purchase it, because i love photobooks.

Or if it was on Itunes, i'd dl it... but it isn't (yet)

The songs are good.. they are collaborating with so many artists!

Guest whohungjen?

^jafa100 ooo whats that?

okay guys, let's calm down the argument before it becomes outright bashing

but, QUESTION.

what does the girl write on the mirror in the mv for ONE?

Guest jafa100

^jafa100 ooo whats that?

but, QUESTION.

what does the girl write on the mirror in the mv for ONE?

They are having some Showcase Event. ^^

Don't understand more ^^

----------------

The girl wrote: 상처 which means: a wound;an injury; a hurt; a cut; a bruise

Guest sam sik

like someone said, Tablo was probably angry that the fans couldn't wait for the official release. and i think we all know that Korean artist don't earn a penny from their album sales. they earn money from variety shows, cfs and other means.

thank you for the translated track list!!

Thank you.

so wait is their a Pieces, Part Two that is coming prior to this album soon? Or later on in the year or something?

Guest whohungjen?

They are having some Showcase Event. ^^

Don't understand more ^^

----------------

The girl wrote: 상처 which means: a wound;an injury; a hurt; a cut; a bruise

ohhh, okay.

thank you very much :)

i noticed the "상" but i couldnt make out the second character :sweatingbullets:

i wonder what the showcase is for.

too bad it'll be in korea

daaaayum i hope they're able to make the peace concert now that its postponed.

Guest xx_swit_c_xx

Thank you.

so wait is their a Pieces, Part Two that is coming prior to this album soon? Or later on in the year or something?

I believe it's in... JUNE??/summer. i read that somewhere... but erm, yeah not sure why they're splitting it in 2 heh. and it'd be interesting to see how many songs they put on that one... and whether they're all new songs.. or if it's more of a repackaged album with old and new songs together... which would kinda suck for those who already purchased the first one =) like me. lol....

Guest yongwonhi

i am obsessed with this album

and i know a lot of my friends who are obsessed with epik high now

haha! epik high is awesome

my favorite songs are 'one' and 'umbrella' ! younha's singing sounds so different from her usual singing, haha. it's awesome <3

Guest applecool

oh gosh! i'm so excited that they're back. They were one of my firsts and still one of my favorite korean artists. I love them so very much, and their music and lyrics are always amazing, inspiring, sad, and everything! I love Epik High <3

I just ordered a copy of the album, yees! ^_^

Guest sam sik

I believe it's in... JUNE??/summer. i read that somewhere... but erm, yeah not sure why they're splitting it in 2 heh. and it'd be interesting to see how many songs they put on that one... and whether they're all new songs.. or if it's more of a repackaged album with old and new songs together... which would kinda suck for those who already purchased the first one =) like me. lol....

I think I remember reading that they are remaking old songs or revamping them or something. Don't quote me on this one.

Guest Shadow5YA

You people arguing over why Tablo is upset are looking far too much into the details.

Yes, it's true illegal downloads are cutting a lot of their profits. Some may think celebrities are filthy rich, but in reality they aren't living very high lives. A lot of their profits go to their record company and entertainment agency, so they only get a small portion. It's enough to get by, but it's not like Epik High lives in luxury either. However, its because of illegal downloads and the internet that they as well as several other artists have so many overseas fans.

Remember that their new album was not only illegally downloaded, but it was leaked and downloaded before it was officially released. Remember what Tablo said in his cyworld? You could have just waited one more day... It's not just the fact that people are downloading, but they couldn't even wait for Epik High to release the album themselves. The downloading itself can be argued and justified, like how it's more difficult for fans overseas to get it. However, people downloaded before the official release. That's just disrespectful. It's like barging into the kitchen of a restaurant and eating everything instead of waiting for your own food at the table.

Guest flyxme.

we are witnessing the EPIK HIGH ERA.

agree :D

i love how they express their thoughts and feelings into their music

all the tracks or so addicting, the music to ONE is really addicting

i also really like "pencil sharpener" and "ignition" :]

the lyrics to the songs are so meaningful

i think "pencil sharpener" is for all those MCs out there..

i love the word "decalcomanie" now loll its sounds so unique.

i feel so bad for downloading, but my dad would totally kill me

for buying it even though i really want to -__-;

but anyways, i cant wait until part 2.

epik high never disappoints me hahha

Guest snail.

The good thing with Epik High is that ... they really mean it when they say there's no genre, just music. Because we can all enjoy their work. Everyone can love their music, literally. The beats, lyrics and feelings into it are awesome.

Just to see how much excitement and hype over this, I can feel that Pieces, Part One will win a Daesang already. No doubt about it. It's just the way it is. They never cease to impress and they keep experimenting new things. Honestly, it's okay if they don't have that 'original hip-hop flavor' anymore and people saying that they went mainstream or whatever. It's just that they're getting really popular. But not for the wrong reasons. I really feel like Epik High will really convince people to buy their album because it's full of hard work and efforts.

I uploaded this cute little clip of Tablo who made a short appearance on Chin Chin Radio and he gave Taeyeon a signed CD and since she is totally an Epik High fangirl, it's just really adorable to see her respect them so much haha She was really giddy :lol: I can't wait to get my copy ... in like two weeks :(

Tablo gives Taeyeon their new CD