DELETE DELETE DELETE

soymilk

Guest sweetfantasy09

some ppl find that works.. but i have never and will not try it. i read an article saying that petroleum jelly actually contains mineral oil and mineral oil is known to clog pores and if that happens, it will cause break outs.

recently i am using Egyptian magic cream and i can see that my acne pigmentation has lighten tremendously.

Guest Vi3t102

Ya... the jelly is a bit much...

but right now I'm using a little moisturizer first and then I put on some emu oil

some ppl find that works.. but i have never and will not try it. i read an article saying that petroleum jelly actually contains mineral oil and mineral oil is known to clog pores and if that happens, it will cause break outs.

recently i am using Egyptian magic cream and i can see that my acne pigmentation has lighten tremendously.

actually i read that mineral oil does not clog pores at all. it got rated 1 out of 4 (4 being the highest comedogenic)

Ya... the jelly is a bit much...

but right now I'm using a little moisturizer first and then I put on some emu oil

i dont have any emu oil or egyptian magic cream so i have to use petroleum jelly for now.

Guest c-rayons

It CAN clog pores if left on too long with large quantity of the product. I sound so professonly! : D I`ve experienced this and also researched it too, and I think it is too much for your skin. Aloe vera is snoothing ( is this even right! LOL ) and i think it`s enough for you`r skin to handle

Guest yangri

I used to put aloe vera on my acne but I stopped.. My acne was never that severe anyway. Never tried petro jelly though.. are you sure that's a good idea? I think just the aloe vera is good enough.. though it never did anything for me haha It just makes me feel like it will do something.

Guest sweetfantasy09

actually i read that mineral oil does not clog pores at all. it got rated 1 out of 4 (4 being the highest comedogenic)

but do you know mineral oil has been known as one of the harsh-chemicals out there? same goes to paraben, synthetic fragrances and all. so, i am very picky abt mineral oil actually.. but like i said, if you are one of those ppl that ingredients are not much a concern for you, you can go ahead and try cus i have heard many ppl are using it when this egyptian cream stuffs came abt. many ppl said it works just like vaseline. haha!

Guest brighterthangems

i think aloe vera is great for acne,

but i never use real aloevera on my face

i used the product that include 90% aloevera.

and i think is great for skin too, that doesn't make ur skin dry.

my mother gave me that product. XD

Guest Charry

I've tried putting both on my face -- just not at the same time.

Aloe Vera seems to work on fading acne scars.

Petroleum jelly? I'm not quite sure.

I used to put them on my face before I sleep... but I hate how

my face gets so oily from it in the morning. Yikes :crazy:

But anyway, I would recommend putting petroleum jelly over your face with aloe

vera underneath for a long time. As other suggested, it might clog your pores.

Guest plumerias

Personally, I would never ever use petroleum jelly on my face. Just stick with the aloe vera gel?

Why do you wanna use the petroleum jelly anyway o_o? Do you just want more moisture or something?

Guest minal3890

I tried the aloe vera thing and the vitamin E in it did help soothe my broken out and scarred skin. I wouldn't do the petroleum jelly though... it sounds like a heap of stuff just glopped onto your face and your skin may not be able to absorb everything efficiently. I did this thing that I found on youtube from bubzbeauty and it did wonders for my skin. I am pretty much just scarred right now and so that's my main goal. What you do is get apple cider vinegar. It's acidic enough to lighten the skin but not overly strong like regular vinegar which would basically strip your face. And mix it with green tea, honey and plain white sugar. DONE. it's a simple exfoliating mask that breaks scar tissues while lightening them. TRY it, i did for 2 weeks and results are immediate for me.

Guest duh123

petroleum jelly doesn't moisturize in my opinion. i used to use it on my lips and it eventually dried it out. i also used it on my face while i was younger when my skin was more acne prone, it led to a break out. if you must used a product that is made from a oil use vitamin e with jojoba oil, it helps a lot with scars.

Guest IATEYOU

I've heard of putting aloe vera on pimples, and I think it does help, but petroleum jelly?? I wouldn't.... I put it on my chapped lips though, sometime! haha

If you want a moisturizer, I suggest Extra Virgin Olive Oil. There's a thread on EVOO here in this section and it works great!

Guest LittleM

aloe very is great for acne scars, but i'm not so sure about petroleum jelly.i mean, wouldn't it clog your pores and make you break out?

Guest flowoftime

your gonna get 0 benefits from petroleum jelly on your skin, i can tell you that.

so why bother with it?

Personally, I would never ever use petroleum jelly on my face. Just stick with the aloe vera gel?

Why do you wanna use the petroleum jelly anyway o_o? Do you just want more moisture or something?

Yeah becuz i recently used AHA lotion on my face. and it works great becuz it peels off the dead skin off and gets rid of scars fast. downside is that my skin gets red and dry. so i do want the extra moisture so the dead skin can peeled off easily. i hear if u moisture a lot, it gets rid of the scars and red spots faster. but im not sure if extra moisturizing is bad since it gets rid of the natural oils from my face. hope that makes sense.

your gonna get 0 benefits from petroleum jelly on your skin, i can tell you that.

so why bother with it?

my mom used petroleum jelly on her face and her face is flawless. its her secret stuff. i hear a lot of people use it too. i used it before and it does make my face smoother and softer and gets rid of the dead skin. i did break out a couple of times using it but im not sure if its the jelly becuz i didnt use it consistenly. i used other creams and moisturizers.

Guest `Bou

Petroleum is a natural oil, it is non-comedogenic, no irritants, and is Hypo-allergenic.

In my opinion, I like it, and use it as a moisturizer and it really helps my dry skin and I find it easier to get rid of dead skin when I use it,

but there are a lot of other options then just petroleum jelly, if you feel that it's too heavy on your skin, or something like that, so

experiment with other natural moisturizers (:

Archived