MISS UNIVERSE 2009

Guest GoRgYnA

Guest parkeun

I loved Venezuela and Kosovo's evening gowns, and is it just me or does Kosovo look like Audrey Hepburn?

But I can't believed they droppedd the crown. Me and my sister cracked up when we were watching last night.

Miss Ethiopia was absolutely stunning, so I wonder why she didn't make it...

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GoRgYnA

i agree... contestants from africa hardly ever make it... and i think there are a lot of potential candidates from there as well.... south africa doesn't really count to me as it has a lot of european influence..

what they really need is a more diverse judging panel.. the year that japan won and korea was in the top 5 weren't the judges mostly asian?

considering the show is called miss universe, and that we are living in the 21st century, they should really get with the times and note that beauty does not always equate to western looks

there were only 2. james kyson lee and michelle kwan.

there are two sets of judges, preliminary judges (the ones who determine top 15) and final show judges (ones who determine miss universe)

in 2007, the preliminary judges were AMAZING!

there was a good representation among continents and the girls who made top 15 were actually strong!

Africa had Angola and Tanzania who were both stellar competitors! (Angola went on later to become top 3 in Miss World 2007)

Asia had Korea, Japan, Thailand and India!

Europe had Czech Republic, Ukraine, Slovenia and Denmark

South America had Venezuela and Brazil

North America had Nicaragua, USA and Mexico

But yea, the judges should be indeed diversified.

Guest akanelove

Honestly, I thought last night's pageant was disappointing. I didn't find any of the top 15 contestants particularly attractive and I thought the winner was just okay. Maybe it was the red lipstick on her that made me think of the Joker from Batman that threw me off. I really liked Miss Dominican Republic's smile though. I wish there was more of an Asian presence but maybe they didn't do so well in the preliminary round and that's why they were overlooked. Also, in the interview section, most of the answers they gave were weak. I don't know if it was because their answers were lost in translation or they were simply nervous but some of them didn't seem to make that much sense. Oh well, congrats to Miss Venezuela for the win.

the interview went "not that exciting" for me, their answers could've been better and kosovo's question about justin timberlake was sure hard, fame and privacy invasion!? oh shoot, it would take me a paragraph to explain that whole thing down.

well congrats to stefania, she sure made some history this year, proven that her country can make it to the top over and over again. who knew a girl like her, who has been bashed on because of her strange style and sunglasses when she came, lol and her looks which made her older than she really is, is the crown grabber last night.

Guest iPandaBear

I agree with akanelove, I also found this year's Miss Universe to be disappointing.

Kosovo's answer to her question seemed a little strange and didn't make sense, maybe it was the translator. Overall, all of their answers seemed "weak".

I wish the Unity crown won :P

I liked how it was simple-looking.

Guest polaris

I loved Venezuela and Kosovo's evening gowns, and is it just me or does Kosovo look like Audrey Hepburn?

But I can't believed they droppedd the crown. Me and my sister cracked up when we were watching last night.

Miss Ethiopia was absolutely stunning, so I wonder why she didn't make it...

she really did look like Audrey Hepburn... beautiful but too bad she messed up on her Q&A. I felt bad for he because Dean Cain's question was stupid and her translator sucked A**....but then again she could have totally said something coherent and intelligent like ..Fame is not only a means for popularity and wealth, but it can be a portal for spreading influence. She could have said that she would want to be famous so that she could use her influence for good and then talk about a cause that was important to her.

Also... I thought Miss Venezuela looked like Natalie Portman mixed with Bridget Moynahan.

images1848876_e.jpg

20090824_411592_01.jpg

Natalie-Portman-Indiana-Jones-Premiere.jpg

bridget_moynahan_lost_her_baby_weight_1.0.0.0x0.604x912.jpeg

Guest babiloveyoo

this year wasn't really great.

i felt like everything was being rushed.

but congrats to ms. venezuela.

I agree it wasn't that great :/.

Guest miyama21

yayyy venezuela WONNN..!!:D congratzzzzzzzzzz... so proud of her. :D

just accept that vnzla won. dont be mad because of that ..

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Guest nancxy

congrats venezuela! an 18 year old winning miss universe?? impressiveeee

i wanted at least one of the asians to be top15 not because they're asian

but because they were actually strong candidates this year.

Guest GoRgYnA

The speculations on Trump's picks:

PUERTO RICO

ICELAND

ALBANIA (trump)

CZECH REPUBLIC

BELGIUM

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

SWEDEN (trump)

KOSOVO

AUSTRALIA

FRANCE

SWITZERLAND (trump)

SOUTH AFRICA

USA (trump)

CROATIA (trump)

VENEZUELA (trump)

The moment I watched the pageant, I knew for sure Sweden and Croatia, and Albania were Trump picks. I just had to figure out who the rest were. And then I realized, Venezuela MUST be a Trump pick, a lot of us here saw the preliminaries and we can all agree that after that, Miss Venezuela had no business in the top 15, and even last night, her scores weren't that impressive either. She must be a Trump pick. For Albania, he probably just gave Fadil Berisha a favour, Fadil is the national director of Albania and Kosovo, but miss Kosovo was impressive during preliminaries. Fadil Berisha is the official photographer of Miss Universe.

Not sure about USA as trump pick, because I thought she did pretty well during prelims.

But oh well, This is in the end, Donald Trump's Pageant and if he wants Venezuela as his Miss Universe, he has the right to make her one.

Hopefully she'll grow on me because right now I CANNOT stand her smile lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miss Universe's this Decade

Miss Universe 2000 - India

laradutta7ql.jpg

Miss Universe 2001 - Puerto Rico

quinones6.jpg

Miss Universe 2002 - Panama (Real winner Russia was dethroned)

justine_pasek_1.jpg

Miss Universe 2003 - Dominican Republic

10lg.jpg

Miss Universe 2004 - Australia

16548172623c67cfed.jpg

Miss Universe 2005 - Canada

39%20new.jpg

Miss Universe 2006 - Puerto Rico

ZuleykaRivera_1_.jpg

Miss Universe 2007 - Japan

2.jpg

Miss Universe 2008 - Venezuela

Mendoza881.jpg

Guest dramaprincessxox

I just hope that at least for Miss Universe, what you see is what you get. Meaning that a girl can win based on her looks, talent, intelligence and personality ONLY, and not have to do anything else behind the scenes. We all know how many women these days get involved in the dark side of the entertainment industry. Hell, even to get promoted on the job, women are willing to sacrifice their dignity. But I just really hope that Miss Universe is still free of that kind of drama? Because if it isn't, then frankly I don't see the worth in winning anymore. When you see girls who don't deserve to win, repeatedly winning, then something is going on. I'm not necessarily saying that Miss Venezuela from this year didn't deserve to win. But many people are questioning the kinds of winners seen in recent years though. I guess the only way to know what goes on behind the scenes is to enter the damn contest? Um, no way.

Guest c0lap1nada

Man, am I the only one who thinks Venezuela doesn't look too gorgeous?? Her mouth is too big for good looks and Australia looks better than her all the way.. :mellow:

i just stalked miss singapore's blog lol and here's what she wrote:

the final day was good fun! Congratulations to Stefania for winning the crown. She’s beautiful, humble, nice and she deserves it. No asian sensation for Miss Universe this year! I’m disappointed that my Miss Russia wasn’t even in top 15. I guess its business as usual….a bit of politics and a lot about viewership too.

the msg came from a contestant herself hmm w/ the same idea and thoughts that we all complained before, but i won't go there again since it already been said many times. in conclusion, good luck to stefania during this whole new adventure of her reign.

just some questions for fun

1. which contestant from this year's miss universe that you would love to meet in person?

2. who was more deserving to advance to the top 15?

3. who in the top 15 that should be replaced? if so, which girl?

4. who should've won the title of mu 2009 if stefania is not your choice?

5. do u think the new miss universe 2009 (stefania) will be as good as dayana last year?

6. if and only if one asian girl can dominate this year, who do u want to see winning?

7. if u can change anything about this year's miss universe, what would it be?

8. who was your sentimental favorite this year aka "crush material"?

9. if u were a judge, what question would u ask the girl(s)?

10. describe this year's show in 1 word (credit idea to misso-forum)

^ interesting questions! 8D

1. which contestant from this year's miss universe that you would love to meet in person? Well, since I already met Ms. Philippines.... Ms. Australia, just because she seems so friendly.

2. who was more deserving to advance to the top 15? The stunning, stunning Asians: Ms. Indonesia, Ms. Philippines and.. Ms. Vietnam... and also Ms. France.

3. who in the top 15 that should be replaced? if so, which girl? Czech Republic.

4. who should've won the title of mu 2009 if stefania is not your choice? Ms. South Africa/Ms. France.

5. do u think the new miss universe 2009 (stefania) will be as good as dayana last year? I have no idea. Rofl.

6. if and only if one asian girl can dominate this year, who do u want to see winning? Philippines. It's been like... 30+ years since our last Ms. Universe title. Haha.

7. if u can change anything about this year's miss universe, what would it be? Kick Donald Trump OUT. And Heidi Montag. LOL

8. who was your sentimental favorite this year aka "crush material"? ..... Ms. Indonesia.

9. if u were a judge, what question would u ask the girl(s)?

10. describe this year's show in 1 word (credit idea to misso-forum) - fail.

Archived