MISS UNIVERSE 2009

Guest GoRgYnA

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GoRgYnA

This is taken from Overexposed's post at missosology.org

K this is definitely not true.

This was apparently made up buy a fan who just wanted to cause trouble. This was on critical beauty's messageboard first but the Rafa, the owner of critical beauty said it was hoax...

I especially laughed when this person said Miss Philippines already lost 3 semifinalist spot in the trump era because honestly, the only girl who really deserved to make it was this year's girl. Now that's a big injustice! But then now that I look back, she looked really plain on interview day. That's probably where she messed up.

But all the past girls were the most lifeless girls or mediocre catwalks i've ever seen from a Miss Philippines delegate.

And if this was indeed a "close door meeting" this person better be careful, coz trump will find out and file a big fat lawsuit for slander lol..

--------------------

but one thing is for sure though, Trump has managed to ruin this pageant.

Guest EnVogue

wow

ii stopped visiting this post because

i was so disappointed

but i am glad that I am not the only one who thinks that the whole

thing was ridiculous

i loled so much at the asian girls partying ways...hahaha... i like Trumps favorites. (wait...the list is fake?? LOL...i had a blast going through those bullet points! lol)

well you can't really expect fairness in this kind of things...it's all politics and none of it ever reflects the public's opinion... Miss Venezuela was pretty, but there were prettier girls aside from her. I didn't bother to watch the whole thing, but I find it useless to complain about such things... Miss Universe has no credibility, why waste time signing petitions and embarass some poor girl. Let her enjoy her win and move on~~

missuniverse will always work in that kinda way, its root are mainly business and viewership according to what ms singapore wrote in her website and it was nice that she gives her honest opinion about the contest afterall.

in the other hand, ms vietnam answered some of the questions 'live' from yesterday's night and she refused to talk about "miss universe and its political side" then, she also refused to join miss world with a back-up answer that she has too much stuff to do. i guess inside, the poor lady is losing her confident . . . or tired of joining beauty contest. and lastly, she confirmed that the rumor about mss turks/caicos's issue of how the other girls treated her like crap is not true...but oh well all that juicy gossips are pretty fun btw.

chutima back home, and wow many people welcomed her home at the airport, aw she's sure loved by others.

2i9ta4m.jpg

Guest LazyAzian

K this is definitely not true.

This was apparently made up buy a fan who just wanted to cause trouble. This was on critical beauty's messageboard first but the Rafa, the owner of critical beauty said it was hoax...

I especially laughed when this person said Miss Philippines already lost 3 semifinalist spot in the trump era because honestly, the only girl who really deserved to make it was this year's girl. Now that's a big injustice! But then now that I look back, she looked really plain on interview day. That's probably where she messed up.

But all the past girls were the most lifeless girls or mediocre catwalks i've ever seen from a Miss Philippines delegate.

And if this was indeed a "close door meeting" this person better be careful, coz trump will find out and file a big fat lawsuit for slander lol..

--------------------

but one thing is for sure though, Trump has managed to ruin this pageant.

I don't know what to believe.

However, it is very odd that Philippines has not placed at all in this decade. In Philippines they call this the "Miss Universe draught."

Miss Philippines' pattern since 1956 was that we always placed in the semi-finals 3 times per decade, but after 1999 (the last placement, which was 1st runner up) Miss Philippines has not placed at all, and it's almost 2010.

Basically, if Philippines does not place at all in 2010, it's the worst performance Miss Philippines ever did....

You can even check Wikipedia, from 2000-2009 there's a big blank...compared to previous decades where it's dotted with finalists...

Philippines and India are Asia's Miss Universe powerhouse, yet both India and Philippines haven't had many wins or placements this decade.

Guest GoRgYnA

I don't know what to believe.

However, it is very odd that Philippines has not placed at all in this decade. In Philippines they call this the "Miss Universe draught."

Miss Philippines' pattern since 1956 was that we always placed in the semi-finals 3 times per decade, but after 1999 (the last placement, which was 1st runner up) Miss philippines has not placed at all, and it's amost 2010.

Basically, if Philippines does not palce at all in 2010, it's the worst performance Miss Philippines ever did....

Philippines and India are Asia's Miss Universe powerhouse, yet both India and Philippines haven't had many wins or placements this decade.

BPCI is kinda to blame really.

2000 - AMAZING GIRL! BAD STYLING!!!!! and she wasn't trained properly!

2001 - Bad year for Binibining Pilipinas (Miss Philippines), quality of contestants was quite low so yeah unplaced in all major pageants.

2002 - Karen was a good representative but nowhere close to the girls who made top 10.

2003 - She came to Panama with the future as a clapper. That year was the year where Amelia Vega joined, Cindy Nell, Miyako Miyazaki! Carla was nowhere near those girls.

2004 - I thought Maricar should have made it. But interview skills were very lacking.

2005 - Another TOUGH year in Miss Universe and Gionna was just not up to par in catwalk, and beauty. This was the year of Natalie Glebova, Cynthia Olavarria, Laura Elizondo! It was just too hard.

2006 - Lia should have made it. But her catwalk was also not that good compared to the others. But she had awesome personality!

2007 - Anna Theresa Licaros was not bad looking but very lacking in catwalk, presence, and she didn't really seem interested in the whole beauty thing.

2008 - She clearly went to Vietnam for a vacation. The most forgotten Miss Philippines-Universe ever.

2009 - Bianca should have made it!

-----------------------------------------------

and the MAIN reason why the Philippines never makes it in Miss Universe anymore, because they send the Miss Universe quality girls to Miss World!!!

philippines2.jpg

If she was sent to Miss Universe, she would have easily made top 15.

carlene-aguilar.jpg

The Philippines' biggest mistake in my opinion! She had Miss UNIVERSE all over her but instead they sent her to Miss World, where she was #1 in all betting agencies, but in the final night was only top 15 due to unknown reasons, Miss World is a weird pageant, no one knows how the girls advance since there is no gown and swimsuit competition during the final night. Gionna would have been perfect for Miss World instead of Universe, she was more brains.

maggie-wilson-fhm-march-2009.jpg

She was fierce! Sexy! Amazing Catwalk, amazing presence! But again BPCI decides to send her to Miss World and be wasted. She was unplaced in miss world whereas if she went to Miss Universe, she would have given Honey Lee and Riyo Mori a real run for their money.

The Miss Philippines Organization doesn't seem to know the criteria for each pageants O_O. Even Bianca this year would have been more fit for Miss World but she improved so much to became more Miss Universe.

BPCI needs to be revamped or they should just replace Stella Araneta.

Not to worry though, the contract between BPCI and Miss Universe ends in 2014. And there are rumours that ABS-CBN(a big network company) is planning to get the Miss Universe franchise.

Guest truffles14

oh i didn't realize zizi was the same miss indonesia that visited vietnam this summer. lol. she looks so different. (unless its not really the same person, then i'd just feel stupid) i thought she was pretty at the beach festival.

090609starHoahauanh22.jpg

090610starHoahauanh16.jpg

090610starHoahauanh18.jpg

090610starHoahauanh19.jpg

090610starHoahauanh13.jpg

090608starHoahauanh20.jpg

090608starHoahauanh18.jpg

090608starHoahauanh17.jpg

090608starHoahauanh13.jpg

090608starHoahauanh14.jpg

oh i didn't realize zizi was the same miss indonesia that visited vietnam this summer. lol. she looks so different. (unless its not really the same person, then i'd just feel stupid) i thought she was pretty at the beach festival.

Uhh, Zizi was actually Puteri Indonesia of 2008, the one in the pictures is Miss Indonesia 2009 Karenina Sunny Halim :)

But definitely not the same person.

Guest lilyphilia.

i was just wondering what are the songs that were played during the contestants' introduction? I hope anybody could help me out. thanks! :P

Guest truffles14

Uhh, Zizi was actually Puteri Indonesia of 2008, the one in the pictures is Miss Indonesia 2009 Karenina Sunny Halim :)

But definitely not the same person.

yea, now i feel stupid...lol. thanks for clearing that up

Guest GoRgYnA

That's Miss Indonesia-World. That's why she's with Miss World 2008 wearing the crown and Miss World 2004.

------------

something i found from United States of Beauty

wtfbody.jpgwtfmakeuware.jpgwtfphotogenic.jpg

wtfpinkberry.jpgwtfsmile.jpgwtfpose.jpg

wtfstyle.jpgwtfscaryface.jpgwtfmakeup.jpg

wtfonyourhead.jpgwtfclowns.jpgwthappenedhere.jpg

wtfdumbassa.jpgwtfdehydration.jpg

wtfwrongupeople.jpg

wtfoftheyear.jpg

i was just wondering what are the songs that were played during the contestants' introduction? I hope anybody could help me out. thanks! :P

the 2 songs are

i gotta feeling - black eyed peas

fire burning - sean kingston

One of a few things I like about this year, their choices of music, more upbeat and up to date

something i found from United States of Beauty

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4792/wthappenedhere.jpg

lol oh my, poor stefania . . . I wonder if Dayana is really hyper or she just feels like throwing a crown like its a piece of paper, lol

Unseen one from Emiri (japan)'s blog

24gpuaf.jpg

Miss Singapore (behind the bull's booty) & Russia in NYC aftermath of MU, indeed they're pretty close now.

12516q9.png = :lol:

2yuhd37.png

Archived