{ Keepin Volume

Guest Hearted

Guest Hearted

well, only way my hair won't be flat on the top is if i wake up and shower + sunsilk + hairspray + blowdry(upside down)+ straighten = volume on the crown. well if i shower at night and wakeup and straighten its flat at the crown. uhm how would i achieve volume at the crown im trying to avoid damaging my hair lolz. please & ty,

ps. if someone posted this link& delete plese :}

Guest Hearted

ya, i heard bout it and seen it but im not feelin it. seems kinda cheap you know? and im scared it wont last and some of my strands would fall and you see it? ><'

Guest Novaculite

ya, i heard bout it and seen it but im not feelin it. seems kinda cheap you know? and im scared it wont last and some of my strands would fall and you see it? ><'

If you Google for reviews or even go on YouTube, you can see how it's actually done. You need to have thick hair in order for it to be hidden well... otherwise it's an epic fail for thin hair, I've heard.

I don't think it's cheap considering the amount of teasing some people do to achieve a similar look.

Ahh, I'm forever looking for the answer to this question too, especially now that I've read Novaculite's comment about 'epic fail for thin hair.' D: I have such thin hair that sometimes I think I'm losing more hair than what's natural.

I'm currently trying out Pantene Pro-V Full & Thick Shampoo, and it's apparently really good, from all the reviews online and my cousins' hair which are really thick. I haven't seen much of a difference yet (I've only been using it for a day, haha), but the day after the first wash looked like it did have more volume than normal.

you should try "Frederic Fekkai - Full Volume Mousse, Body Building Foam"

the price is pretty hefty, $20, but it's the best volumizer I've tried so far IMO.

I don't blow dry my hair when it's still wet. I wait until it's almost dry so that it's not exposed in heat too long, save electricity too!

So, I wash hair, and then wait till it's almost dry, pump the foam out 2-3x, apply it on the crown, roots area, and then blow dry hair upside down. My hair is so voluminous after! And it stays that way the next day.

Not as dramatic as teased hair though, just the 'normal' kind heh :ph34r:

I almost finish my 2nd bottle.

I don't like buying expensive beauty products, but it's a good investment since it works so well =3

Guest gingerpeach

you should try "Frederic Fekkai - Full Volume Mousse, Body Building Foam"

the price is pretty hefty, $20, but it's the best volumizer I've tried so far IMO.

I don't blow dry my hair when it's still wet. I wait until it's almost dry so that it's not exposed in heat too long, save electricity too!

So, I wash hair, and then wait till it's almost dry, pump the foam out 2-3x, apply it on the crown, roots area, and then blow dry hair upside down. My hair is so voluminous after! And it stays that way the next day.

Not as dramatic as teased hair though, just the 'normal' kind heh :ph34r:

I almost finish my 2nd bottle.

I don't like buying expensive beauty products, but it's a good investment since it works so well =3

Oooh that sounds very interesting! I was wondering, do you happen to have a picture of you(r hair) after you've used the product? :) How long is your hair?

Guest Hearted

as gingerpeach do a before and after? please & ty but my original hair was thick until i thinned it got annoying. so atm is abit thin so the bump it is out of the question atm. thank you anyways.

Guest Cakdel

I really like Bed Head Small Talk. its amazing! It gives your hair lots of volume but its a bit pricy like with most bed head products. It works great with wet hair too.

48552117-300x300-0-0_Tigi%20Tigi%20Hair%20Care%20Bed%20Head%20Small%20Talk%203%20In%201%20Thi.jpg

Have you tried spraying your hair with hair spray upside-down? That also gives me a lot of volume. I suggest Big Sexy Hair spray but for a more affordable alternative, Ausies and Treseme works fine =)

You can also try teasing your hair. Its not very good for your hair, but its great for creating volume.

Guest Hearted

ya teasing is a nono and i do blow dry my hair upside down with hairspray. lol. ill try without blowdrying and wet part. ty ^^

Guest conniebaby

You could try and use Tigi Bed Head Root Boost. Also, when you blowdry your hair, use a brush to pull your hair up at the roots and blow dry or you can try using a big round brush

Guest Ivory Rose

another tip is to not use a fine-toothed comb or any comb with teeth that are too close together when you comb dry hair

Guest LittleM

I really like Bed Head Small Talk. its amazing! It gives your hair lots of volume but its a bit pricy like with most bed head products. It works great with wet hair too.

48552117-300x300-0-0_Tigi%20Tigi%20Hair%20Care%20Bed%20Head%20Small%20Talk%203%20In%201%20Thi.jpg

Have you tried spraying your hair with hair spray upside-down? That also gives me a lot of volume. I suggest Big Sexy Hair spray but for a more affordable alternative, Ausies and Treseme works fine =)

You can also try teasing your hair. Its not very good for your hair, but its great for creating volume.

I second that one! When I want big hair, I use the Tigi Bedhead small talk, and then the Tigi Bedhead catwalk hairspray

Guest ~dhluvr4ever~

lol where can u get that ?

Guest muffingrl

i just wash my hair before i go to sleep and let it dry 80%. then i apply a small amount of volume boosting product in my roots. when i sleep, i sweep all my hair above my head (bride of frankenstein-style) and when i wake up the next morning, i have great volume that lasts all day.

Guest Novaculite

wow, pathmark? never heard of it.

I have seen Bed Head products being sold at local hair salons, Nordstrom Racks & wholesale beauty retailers. You can also purchase their items on Amazon.com & Drugstore.com.

Guest shotamerican

i HATE product.

i have a thinner, flatter, lighter colored asian-type hair.

naturally straight and naturally FLAT!

i take showers at night, and sleep with my hair lying upwards. if i switch positions i make sure all the hair is pointing upwards. if i lie down at any time, like while i'm watching tv, i do the same thing. (lift hair up, and over the pillow. your bare neck should feel the pillow fine)

hadn't had a problem with volume, since!

Guest eyeluvyew<3

For me, the more I put products in my hair, the more my hair gets flat.

Teasing my hair doesn't even work. I just make my hair lightweight with conditioner at the top and it gives itself the volume.

Archived